Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Kororia - With Hammer Friend

"That's good!" She smiled brightly. "Where'd you get it? Was it a present? Did you make it?"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Kororia - Making Friends

"Coooooooool!!!" She extended a hand. "My name's Kororia. I just started today! What's your name?"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Slif - Hallways

I took her teeny hand in mine. It felt like I was holding a baby gukko, it was so soft.

"I'm Slif," I smiled back, "I been here for about a day now."

IC: Fate - Hallways --> Dorm

Exercise would have to wait for the meantime. A few final calibrations had to be made to my suit, and there was still the question of the heat-sink device obtained from the corpse. That needed to find a use in my arsenal.

I snuck past the rahks in the hall, including Kororia, and quietly entered my dorm. The work must be uninterrupted. 

Edited by Coconut Fanatic

IC: Xara - Gym.

Home, sweet home. Of all the rooms in Corpus Rahkshi, the gym had always been where I most felt like I belonged. Even now, after all this time spent away, I still felt that way.

It looked like there was a tournament of some sort underway right now, and a small, impulsive part of me wished I'd been here to enter. I felt a small swell of joy inside me as I saw Glass' name on the board, realised how far he'd progressed, and then I froze, frowning at another name, one I'd never expected to see again. 

I peered past the board, towards the platforms where the fights were unfolding, and soon spotted the familiar orange-black carapace of Exxan. Karz, that nerd just won't die, will he? Still, Kat and the others would probably find some solace in knowing their part-time frenemy still drew breath.

Summoning up a chair for myself, I sat down to watch the tournament conclude.  

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Exxan - Gym.

"I'm not the sort to give up." I lashed out with twin, focused blasts of air - the first intended to clip his legs, throwing him off balance, while the second was aimed squarely at his chest. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Kororia - Fate Escaped But For How Long

"A day? So you're new too?" She grinned. "Did your parents send you late, too? Mine took ages to decide whether to send me or not. I dunno why."

Thurisaz / Gym

"Glass has won his match with Paladin," Thurisaz announced. And without that chainsaw thing, too, which had been good to see. "Both fought valiantly, but it will be he who advances to the final match!" He moved Glass' name ahead on the board, and Paladin's was crossed out. Now it was just Percy and Exxan, which he would watch with interest.

First though, Paladin should be taken care of. "Tube will assist you and Paladin to the Infirmary," he told Glass, speaking more softly. He nodded to Tube that he should go and do so. "As usual, be careful," he cautioned, though hopefully it was unnecessary.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Tube - Gym

"Okay!" Tube chirped as they hurried as quickly as their Slow legs could carry them toward the ring and Paladin. They gave the unconscious Rahk a gentle nudge just to be sure, then started hoisting them up on their own. 

They glanced at the final match going on, where... not a lot was happening. Hopefully Tube would be back to see the conclusion.

IC: Tear - Hallways

She smiled as she watched Waiata walk away, trying to picture in her mind just how this "concert" would sound. But then, she remembered why she had been running in the first place, and her smile fell. She couldn't go to the concert. She couldn't be near anyone. She was dangerous.

And the thought sent her running again, through the halls, back to her dorm... only to find a small gathering of Rahkshi in her way. She skittered to a stop and tried to run back the other way...

OOC: Tear could use a friend ;)

IC: Slif - Hallways

"Uhm... I don't exactly got 'parents'. Not a luxury I was given."

I shrugged, and continued.

"I don't really blame 'em though. Lots of nasty stuff goes on around here. Or at least, so I've heard."

A sound came echoing down the halls as I finished. After a second of trying to figure out what it was, I turned just in time to see a rahk skid to a stop behind me, bouncing off of my shell in the process.

"Whoa dang, you alright there buddy?"

IC: Fate - Dorms

I was back in my room. It felt like more had happened in the past half-hour than the last day. Before I went out again, I'd rather be as prepared as possible.

I picked up the corpse's device. (At that thought I made a mental note to save that description for later). This troublesome piece of equipment had given me grief for long enough. It was time to finish re-purposing it.

With this in mind, I picked up the unused rahkshi hands. Perhaps there was a better way to go about this after all... Taking to my train of thought, I picked at the palms of the chunky hand, finding a way into the innards.

IC: Phantom - Ruins on the Water

In her haste to acquire materials, Phantom began to take less time to exclude potentially post-mortem pieces. It was because of this, that Phantom soon pulled on a much heavier mass. There was clearly some kind of sharp sword stuck between two slaps of rock. Doing her best not to cut herself, she pulled at the large chunk of stone...

To uncover a rahkshi.

What Phantom had thought to be a sword was a broad Rahkshi spine. It's eyes were closed, caked with soot. The body was badly damaged, to the point the Kraata had nearly no protection from the elements.

She took a few deep breaths. It was long dead by now, no reason to get upset.

"Gaever!" She called, not urgent but certainly shaken.

Edited by Coconut Fanatic

IC: Kororia - Gobsmacked

"No parents?!" she gasped. "But then, who tucks you in when you're at home?"

Any further questioning was interrupted by the newcomer. She greeted them with a very cheery, "Hello!"

OOC: Sorry I forgot I hadn't posted

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

IC Percy - Gym Tourney:

The first blast knocked his feet straight out from under him, the second sent him into a fairly comical pinwheel off the edge.

Yet, once more, he converted to flight, and soared back up.

Exxan didn't seem to do any sort of motions to unleash his abilities. Smart. growing past the need for a movement based focus was impressive. 

Unfortunately, it made predicting an angle of attack was practically impossible.

Percy came in low, flying close to the ground in hopes that his much faster movement in the air would give him just enough chance to get close to Exxan to-

Revert. Dodge feint. Tackle.

When faced with the prospect of a low-flying rahkshi careening right towards me, I did what any sensible being would do - I got the karz out of the way. Jumping upwards an switching into flight mode, I began accelerating on an elevated angle, the resulting motion taking me up and over my incoming assailant. 

Once clear, I dropped out of flight mode, my forward momentum still almost carrying me off the edge of the arena. I slammed hard into one of the pillars, and turned back towards my attacker, beginning to absorb the air around me once more as I awaited his next move. 

IC Percy - Gym Tourney:

There was no wait. Percy had followed. Dodging backwards as Exxan soared over him, it was Percy's chance to get in close, and as close to the edge as they both were....

He used one final Dodge, speeding all his movements to a blur as he made to grab Exxan and pull him off the edge with himself.

As he grabbed me, I pushed back, funneling as much vacuum energy as I could muster to propel myself away from both him, and the edge. If he happened to get caught up in the blast and flung from the arena, I certainly wasn't going to complain. 

IC Percy:

Torn quite literally from his target, Percy was thrown away, only just managing to catch hold of the pillar, digging in with claws.

And that was it. His last effort had missed somehow.

"Alright. I give. You win."

He jumped back down to the platform, landing heavily. A fine sheen of sweat covered his body, and his spines drooped slightly with exhaustion.

He extended a hand, "Good fight!"

Edited by Strider!

Oh, thank karz. I exhaled, fatigue weighing down my limbs as the adrenaline faded from my system. "Good fight," I agreed, shaking the offered hand. 

In her haste, she crashed into a huge and oddly soft Rahkshi, bouncing back and landing on the floor behind him. She stared up at him in horror, words refusing to form in her mouth. If this one tried to fight her... would he come back?

IC: Kororia - Helping

The newcomer looked too stunned to reply. Kororia tottered over to help them up. "Are you okay?"

I said nothing, although the grimace on my face probably gave away some indication of my internal turmoil. We were indeed the last to finish, and I was fairly certain we'd been the first to start as well. 

It was just another testament to how hopelessly unskilled I still was. Karz, I hope the next fight isn't this difficult. 

Edited by Nato The Traveler

• 2 weeks later...

IC: Tube - Hallways

"Oh, Thurstaz is my Master! He is good and smart! I like to help him!"

She stared at the offered hand uncomprehendingly for a moment before starting to reach for it... only to jerk her hand back and look away.

IC: Kororia - With Friends

It wasn't too weird for people to refuse help back home. It was, however, strange for them to look kind of scared while doing so. She walked around the fallen Rahkshi so she was back in their line of sight. "I'm Kororia. I just came here today. Do you need help getting up? I can lift you up! I'm strong!"

Tear shook her head, scooting back a little to gain some room to start pulling herself up, muscles already tensing to run.

IC: Melody - Refectory

"What is it?" Melody asked quietly, looking at him worriedly.

IC: Canvas - Refectory

Canvas paused what she was doing and folded her arms to hear what Cuutuk had to say.

IC: Kororia - You Can't Run From Friendship

She tilted her head quizzically. "Are you sure you're okay? You look really scared. I promise I'm not gonna hurt you! I just wanna be friends."

In response, she just laughs and wraps her arms around him. "I'm just glad you came back!"

Tear shakes her head quickly, starting to edge backward. "I... I sh-should be g-going..."

IC: Tube - Hallways

Tube looks down and concentrates hard to recall it. "Well, I had another master, but he left... and then I found Thurstaz, and he was happy to have me!"

IC: Kororia - Noooo

"Aw, are you sure? I was gonna go on a tour of this place, but my tour guide was really sick so he couldn't. So I was gonna see if my new friends wanted to come and show me around!"

She pointed to the Hammer Friend. "Slif is new, too! So I thought it might be fun to look around together, if Slif wants to come. You don't have to, though, we can always hang out some other time. My room is right over there, I put a sign on the door so people can find me if they wanna hang out and be friends."

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

After a moment, she held him back at arms' length to smile at him. "Do you still want to do the talent show?"

IC: Canvas - Refectory

She sighed and consigned herself to sitting down and eating while the two lovebirds caught up.

She glanced back and forth between the students gathered there, and suddenly had an idea. "M-maybe... I c-could... help? I... I think I know the s-school..."

IC: Kororia - Arranging A Tour

"Really?! That would be so cool, thank you!!!" She turned to her Hammer Friend. "Do you wanna come? We can all look around together!"

IC: Kororia - Making Friends Like No One's Business

"Yay!" She'd made so many friends already! This seemed like a very nice school. "We should explore the WHOLE school!"