Jump to content

Recommended Posts

IC: Snake - Kaam

 

My arrow strikes true, but I don't allow my self the satisfaction: at the moment a larger concern, heralded my Era's shout, is descending towards the brawl. Shield is charging headlong at the green figure, blocking me from getting a good shot but nevertheless inspiring some fighting spirit in me. He can look after himself - I need to deal with this new airborne opponent. 

 

A glance accounting for everyone, I spot a high up branch on one of the forest's iron-studded trees, and gather up my energy to teleport there...I'm using my power too quickly, but I need to get rid of this aerial combatant. A voice in the back of my head suggests that I may want to get further from that frond-covered figure too - something about it had seriously spooked me.

 

I teleport up thoughtlessly, and I'm scrabbling at the bark and cursing as I almost miss the bulk of the tree entirely. I'm getting reckless. Looking down, I get a shimmer of vertigo - but I don't have time to care, I think feverishly. If this new enemy reaches the ground successfully we'll be well and truly doomed. Heart racing, I trust my feet to grip the wood as I draw my bow and fire at the figure in one motion.


.


Kathok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC Kaam:

 

The Bo-Toa stepped back, letting the swing go by, as a branch from a nearby tree reached out and grabbed the outstretched arm of the Rahkshi, and the Toa moved in, swinging his spiked club under the arm to catch Shield in the side.

 

Era's second assault on the vines was more successful, the wood around her arms splintering away and the thicker areas around her torso cracking deeply. She wasn't fully free, but her continued focused blasts would mean it would not hold her for much longer. Jayar would manage to get both arms free, but his dagger was ill suited to hacking away at the thicker fare, and it was taking him longer to get out.

 

Snake's shot went wide as the figure began to descend more rapidly, and with nothing to impact, the sonic abilities of the arrow never came into play.

 

Fang's plasma blast streaked upwards, true to course, but suddenly veered away as if alive, instead streaking at Jayar, who was still stuck.

 

Caoutchouc kept his attention at the task of finding the Ko-Toa, moving into the area where Era had fired. Kat turned her attention to the sky, and by this time the figure was nearly to the ground, and two laser like lances of plasma shot out, one at Snake, the other at Kat herself.

 

The figure was clad in white and orange armor, and upon his face rested a mask with an ever present grin; a Miru. On his hip was a sword, still in its scabbard.

 

A Su- Toa.


 

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Canvas - Hallways

 

As they walked away, Canvas dropped the personality, becoming serious once more. "She didn't have much. She said we should talk to the Prefects. But maybe Squid will have a bit more."

 

 

IC: Fang - Forest of Kaam

 

Fang could only watch helplessly as his plasma turned against him, knifing toward Jayar. He wasn't a Su-Toa, he couldn't...

 

No...

 

Turning, Fang caught the signature white and orange of a Toa of Plasma plummeting toward the ground, blasting at Kat and Snake. Again, he was helpless. But rather than letting the paralyzing fear take over, he let it fuel him as his body ignited to scorch through the bush that held him captive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Snake - Kaam

 

I only have a split second to react. All I can do is fling my entire weight away from the tree as quickly as possible. I'd seen the sparkle of plasma. The ground races towards me - I impact with a leaden thud. The force is absorbed by a roll, but I ache all over, especially my knees. As I fell a deafening noise had ripped through the air, a noise like a million pieces of corn popping at once. I don't have time to look for its source - I don't even have time to stop rolling - before I'm flung further still, landing and skidding on my back, a heavy hail of flaming timber bombarding me. 

 

I curse, scrambling away on my back and covering my face with a hand as I'm peppered with cinders (some as big as my head). I roll again to dodge a charred piece of trunk bigger than me, which sends up a shower of dirt and charcoal as it smashes into the ground. I'm covered in small burns, but I put my terrified energy into hastily hauling myself to my feet. The tree is falling.

 

Its collapse would almost be graceful, if not for the fact that I'm scared out of my skull and it's heading for me. I turn. Behind me I can hear the tree's branches ripping through the canopy as it descends. I focus on a point past  the orange figure some way ahead of me, prepare to teleport and--

 

Before I know what I'm doing I'm drawing Bane again, and firing once more at the figure. Then I teleport.

Edited by Sil

.


Kathok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Era - Forest of Kalaamity.

 

The newly-arrived Su-Toa had swiftly identified himself as the biggest threat. He'd barely landed, and already he'd redirected Fang's attack towards Jayar, and unleashed further blasts at Kat and Snake.

 

Still half-trapped in the tangle of torn vines, I unleashed a blast of my full Level 5 ferocity towards the Su-Toa's head. If Matoran couldn't function without their Kanohi, surely the same principle applied to Toa. 


LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jayar / Forest of Kaam

 

 

He was almost out...

 

...and that was a burst of plasma approaching him, wasn't it. The newest Toa, he realized, must be of plasma.

 

He wasn't going to get free in time to move, so he opted for the next best thing: letting the plasma do it. As best he could, he shifted to position himself the vines between himself and the plasma, brushing what foliage he could behind him. There was little doubt he'd still endure unpleasant burns, but the vines would take far worse and their grip would be burned away.


00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Grim:

 

They shook their head, "None. I would be happy to show you around, however."

 

IC Diode:

 

"We're supposed to be, aren't we?" She challenged, ducking his head such that the baton flicked over and past her. The illusion almost caught her, the baton just missing its mark.


 

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lucid / Hallway

 

 

"Is that necessary?" Lucid asked. "I though a fishing rod was basically just a string with a stick dangling from it."

 

* * *

 

IC: Gaever / Ruins On The Water

 

 

Gaever was focused mostly on collecting scraps of metal to use as raw material. The broken blade of a sword here, a dented pan there. Occasionally a more lucky find, like a small tray of bolts buried in rubble, or an intact spring. With sufficient skill - and she still believed she had that - these could be reused, reshaped, turned into something else the living could use again.

 

Except for the setting, the search could almost have been relaxing.

 

It wasn't difficult, either; the village had been home to craftsmen, after all, and what few prior scavengers had only been seeking things intact. Soon she believed she had collected supplies sufficient for at least a little while. "I think enough has been procured for the time being," she called over to Phantom. "It should all be brought back to the forge."

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Squid

 

The silver-armored Rahkshi waded in the shallow water of the Causeway close to the land. He'd been keeping to himself even more than usual for what seemed like forever now. Squid had been one of the first at the school, but he'd faded out of the spotlight as time went on, practically becoming an irrelevant background character. A lot of stuff had happened, and he just hadn't been involved. The Rahkshi fought and made up, Makuta did their things and the food was still just as bad as it had always been. Well, there was always hope it might be better.

 

Hauling himself back on shore, Squid picked up his sword, shield and back and headed for the Refectory. It was time to do... something.

  • Upvote 2

I HATE SCORPIOS


 


~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Uunrak - Hallways
 
"Oh, really? Awesome! I mean... that would be great. Thanks."
 
 
IC: Helkyrie - Hallway
 
"I don't think it's that simple. I'm not completely certain, but I think we need a hook and some kind of bait. Checking out a book on this would probably be advisable." Beckoning Lucid to follow her, Helkyrie started walking in the direction of the Library.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Exxan - Gym.

 

For a moment, I considered simply flinging my opponent out of the arena with a couple of well-placed air blasts. But... this was the final round, and it was Glass. He deserved better. We could do better. 

 

Let's give the people a show. I drew one of my throwing daggers, and flung it towards Glass' chest. 

 

IC: Glass

 

Quicker than his eyes could follow, Exxan had drew one of his daggers and threw it at him. More by luck than by skill, Glass dodged the dagger by an inch.

 

Got to get in close... Glass made a quick scan of his opponent's weapons: an ornate dagger, illusory, if GLass remembered right, from Nynrah, and a thin, slender sword. Both were close range weapons, but better to face those than the daggers at range. Glass had no real counter for those.

 

Glass shuffled forward, getting just into the staff's lunging range. He considered using Terrortooth, which would easily chew through the sword and dagger, but decided against it. He'd won without it already, and besides, this was the finals round. The crowd wouldn't be pleased if he used the macuahuitl, at least, right off the bat.

 

Glass let his power flow into his staff and feigned a lunge, before stepping back, hoping to keep Exxan moving back again, but not too far away where he could use the throwing daggers,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Dormirahk - Library

 

Returning to the library to search for Squid, they found that he wasn't there at all. "I guess he's not here. I think we should head to the Gym next and see if he's there. Maybe check out the Refectory on the way, just to be safe."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Grim:

 

They nodded once, then turned to lead the other along.

 

"The journey here is often long and perilous, that you made it here alone an accomplishment all its own. The Refectory has nourishment that while tasteless, will restore your energy. A good first stop."


 

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Squid

 

Much to Squid's chagrin, the food had not improved. He sullenly scooped slop onto his plate and sat at one of the numerous tables, shrinking into the old cloak haphazardly covering his spiked back. 

 

You shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but any food that looks *that* bad has no chance of tasting good. On this rare occasion, Squid frowned. Without Phantom-On-The-Water or trips to other towns, his chances at getting some good food were next to none.


I HATE SCORPIOS


 


~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Shield - Forest

 

A arm of wood shot out and grabbed ahold of my own arm, I felt a sharp jolt as I was stopped dead in my tracks.

 

Never saw Root do that before....that's a new trick. 

 

GREY, WATCH OUT!

 

I yelped a little bit in pain as a large lump of wood slammed into my side.

 

My breathing became a little bit heavier as I saw green fluids stain the spiked weapon.

 

C-cut your a-arm f-f-free, S-Shield!

 

I raise my xiphos and chop at the branch grasping my arm.

 

IC: Crate - Library

 

Karz. I missed.

 

I back away a little bit, without a weapon. I can't win this fight without one.

 

And it's likely the Prefects are now on their way....

 

I could have held back but I had to get angry...

 

For once, I can't think of anything smart to say. 

 

IC: Rider - Refectory

 

I looked a little bit worried for a second.

 

Her next words made me relax and giggle a little bit.

 

"Well....I mean.....we could go for a little outing if you wanted?" I gave a similar grin.


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Uunrak - Hallways
 
I nodded and followed after the scary but so far friendly rahkshi. "I-I'm Uunrak, by the way!"
 
 
IC: Rōzu - Refectory
 
Rōzu's expression gained something of a warm smile. "That would be agreeable."

Edited by Onaku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glass shuffled forward, getting just into the staff's lunging range. He considered using Terrortooth, which would easily chew through the sword and dagger, but decided against it. He'd won without it already, and besides, this was the finals round. The crowd wouldn't be pleased if he used the macuahuitl, at least, right off the bat.

 

Glass let his power flow into his staff and feigned a lunge, before stepping back, hoping to keep Exxan moving back again, but not too far away where he could use the throwing daggers,

 

IC: Exxan - Gym.

 

Wary of the drop-off a short ways behind me, I dodged to the side. As I did, I pondered my next move. Remembrance and Blossom were ill-suited to dealing with bigger weapons like this... especially that shreddy thing. Besides, if Glass was anything like Xara, he was probably electrifying his weaponry, so crossing blades with him wasn't going to end well for me. 

 

Karz, this isn't going to be easy. 

 

I kept my distance, circling slowly while I waited for Glass' next move. 


LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC Kaam:

 

Fang's plasma lit the brambles ablaze, and he was quite the sight stalking through the intense fire unscathed, his natural resistances letting the fire lick comfortably around him.

 

The Bo-Toa spared a worried glance the Surahk's way before retracting his club from Shield's side. It left broken splinters in the wound, painful, though not debilitating to a Rahkshi. Shield's xiphos, with its wide blade, found deep purchase in the tree branch cracking it, and allowing the Fire Resistance Rahkshi to tear his arm free. A whiplike tendril of wood covered in thorns extended from the Bo-Toa's previously injured arm and he lashed out with it, trying to catch Shield's leg and pull him off his feet.

 

The Su-Toa sidestepped the arrow of Whisper's bane, the sonic pulse tearing a gouge in the earth beyond. This took him out of the direct path of Era's blast, but the dreadful noise as it passed him was clearly painful, and he fired a blast her way before drawing his sword, a long blade, glowing faintly with heat, and curved gently to a broad tip. A Falchion of some kind. With a flourish, he leapt toward Fang, the broad, axe like blade cutting toward the spot where the arm met the carapace.

 

Cao could find no sign of the Ko-Toa and perhaps in his mind he wished that he too could see the world through sonics and vibrations. Such as it was, he had to rely on his eyes and ears, and the Ko-Toa could fool both.

 

Jayar' bonds would similarly burst aflame, though the time it was taking to burn enough to weaken the wood and the plasma that managed to get through ensured he did not escape unscathed, suffering painful burns along his torso and legs. The smoke clouded at his vision and choked at his lungs.

 

The only warning Era would get was a barely perceptible whistle as ice spikes rose to meet her under the chin.

 

Kat stumbled along behind Cao, adrenaline could only take her so far.


 

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: "Branches to the left of me, ice spikes to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with really hot plasma goo".

 

IC: Era - Forest of Kaam. 

 

And now the Toa were taking turns using me as punching bag.

 

Karz. 

 

No time to dodge, no time to retaliate. All I could do was turn my head and bend my neck to the side, letting the ice spikes slice across my cheek instead of impaling me through my chin. At the same time, the plasma blast splashed across the branches on and around me. Sizzling spatters of liquid fire dripped onto my armour, and I scrambled to escape them. 

 

I lashed out with my powers, trying to rip apart the vines still partially entangled around me. Hopefully the plasma had damaged the branches enough for me to break free completely. If not... Don't think about it.

  • Upvote 1

LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Canvas - Hallways

 

"Huh." She frowned as she checked a row of shelves for the third time. "Well, he can't have gotten far. That might be a good start."

 

 

IC: Fang - Forest of Kaam

 

In an instant, the living snare around him was engulfed in wildfire. He was free, though far from safe.

 

His next concern was Jayar, who was looking a little worse for wear, and Fang could only hope his abilities would allow him to recover. At least those vines didn't seem like they could take much more.

 

Then Era, who had gotten away mostly unscathed, but so had her vines. He didn't dare blast more plasma. And to top it off, the Ko-Toa had taken notice. "I'm coming..." his voice breaks off into a hoarse cough as smoke entered his lungs. He had to get out of here.

 

Fang started another charge toward Era, only to be stopped by a glancing blow across the side of his carapace. The sheer force pushed him to one knee with a snarl. The Su-Toa wasn't going to let him have the chance.

 

This day just gets better and better...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Shield - Forest

 

I ripped my arm free of the branch, and jumped, the tendril whipped harmlessly past my legs.

 

For a brief moment I soared through the air headfirst, a hard rahkshi skull sent towards the Bo-Toa's masked face.


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Dormirahk - Library > Refectory

 

Dormirahk and Canvas pressed on, walking through the hallways of the school until they reached the Refectory. Walking in, they noticed after a moment of glancing around that indeed Squid was there. Dormirahk breathed a sigh of relief. "Well, which one of us should talk this time?"

Edited by Onaku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Exxan - Gym.

Wary of the drop-off a short ways behind me, I dodged to the side. As I did, I pondered my next move. Remembrance and Blossom were ill-suited to dealing with bigger weapons like this... especially that shreddy thing. Besides, if Glass was anything like Xara, he was probably electrifying his weaponry, so crossing blades with him wasn't going to end well for me. 

 

Karz, this isn't going to be easy. 

 

I kept my distance, circling slowly while I waited for Glass' next move. 

 

 

IC: Glass

 

Glass gave Exxan no respite, pivoting with the sideways dodge to keep the two at the same distance. Glass stabbed forward thrice, quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Rider - Refectory

 

"Right." I pushed the tray away, and stood up.

"Let's get moving then!" I hadn't been outside the school in a while, so this would be exciting.


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Grim:

 

"Grim, of Gorast. Here we are."

 

The two stepped into the spacious room, filled with several dining Rahkshi.

 

The AdaptiRahk gestured to the trays and serving ports. "There is where the nutrient gruel is dispensed. As I mentioned, it has little taste, but you can dry it to make quick ration bars."

 

They shrugged. "I personally don't mind the flavor, though there are some who find it detestable."

 

IC Diode:

 

"Maybe next time use that intelligence you've been gifted," he said, before turning again to walk away, nudging the baton back to Crate with his foot as he passed it.


 

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Snake - Kaam

 

I curse again - my shot missed, and now the bright being is attacking Fang, and others; it's all moving too fast to keep track of the aerial attacks flying to and fro. I creep towards the orange and white being, drawing my shortswords, ready to enter a melee fueled by frustration, fear and bitter desperation - three key ingredients in any decent scrap I've experienced.


.


Kathok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Phantom - Ruins on the Water

Phantom had found few more things in the wreckage of the village, but the haul of mask shards had more than made it's mark. At Gaever's call, she traipsed over to her, carrying the bag over her shoulder.
"Found some." She said to Gaever as they walked, shaking the tarp heartily.
 

IC: Kekepua - The Cauldron
Setting down at the entrance to Cauldron, the crimson rahk stretched her toes, and clawed happily at the ground. There was much to be found in this place.
"What have we here, then?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Canvas - Refectory

 

Canvas took a deep breath and moved into action. This time, there was no need to put on a show. Squid knew her, and couldn't be nearly as bad as that split Rahkshi.

 

"Hey, it's... Squid, right? Do you mind?" she indicated the seat beside him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Glass

 

Glass gave Exxan no respite, pivoting with the sideways dodge to keep the two at the same distance. Glass stabbed forward thrice, quickly.

 

IC: Exxan - Gym.

 

This time, I was forced to use my Level 1 abilities to evade the trio of swift strikes. I blurred to the side, then retaliated with a brief blast of air, intended to blow the sand on the platform floor up towards Glass' eyes. 


LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Squid

 

Looking up from the table, Squid saw a familiar face.

 

"Oh, hey Canvas. That was your name, right? Its been a long time since I've seen you. What's been going on?" He cheerfully asked.


I HATE SCORPIOS


 


~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Jayar / Forest of Kaam

 

 

It was one thing to prepare to be lit on fire, it was another to actually endure it. Jayar grimaced in pain as plasma and flame lapped at his body and smoke scratched his lungs and eyes, There was small respite in the knowledge that this must be brief: his bonds were burning away with every instant. Just... slightly... longer...!

 

At last he slipped free of the volcanic cocoon! Immediately he shifted into flight mode, coughing and watery-eyed as he moved to hover away from the action (and foliage!) for a moment. All he needed was a moment to recuperate and get his bearings, and then he would rush to his comrades' aid at last.


* * *

 

IC: Lucid / Hallway

 

 

Lucid suddenly had an odd sensation of moving abruptly to the Refectory, but it subsided as quickly as it had begun, leaving her to ponder its meaning. Perhaps, she decided, it was an echo of a reality upon which fate had reneged.

 

In any case, in this reality, she followed Helkyrie to the library.


00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC Kaam:

 

Era, with her desperate attempt at escape, was successful, tearing from the weakened restraints.

 

The Bo Toa staggered back from the blow, his nose broken and now bleeding. The blood seemed to vanish however, everytime it went across his mask.

 

Each of the Toa's faces seemed to shimmer momentarily, before returning to normal.

 

Snake would feel an unnaturally cold point of something quite sharp dig into the space where his Kraata case met the rest of his body. A limb wrapped itself silently around his neck as ice began spreading rapidly across his body. It seemed the Ko-Toa was trying to pry him open and get to the vulnerable Kraata within.

 

The Su-Toa wrenched his blade free of Fang, and sent a sharp kick the Surahk's way.

 

Cao, having no luck, and keenly aware that he might have been led off, started back to help the others and Kat continued to shamble along, warily and wearily checking the shadows around them for attack.....

 

Until the ground beneath them abruptly yawned open and swallowed the both of them.


 

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Canvas - Refectory

 

"Did you uh... know a Rahkshi named Rain? Shiny gold, blue back?" 

 

 

IC: Fang - Forest of Kaam

 

As the Su-Toa continued his assault, Fang was ready. He braced himself to catch the foot, igniting his hands in the process. Maybe the plasma wouldn't be much good against him... but Fang could rely on his superior strength.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Era - Forest of Kaam. 

 

Tumbling free of the suspended branches, I switched to flight mode and swiftly ascended high above the treetops, hopefully removing myself from the easy reach from any further grasping vines or creeping icicles.

 

From my new vantage point, I could 'see' the battlefield a little more clearly. I took aim at the Bo-Toa, and flung a concentrated volley of high-level sonic blasts straight down towards his head.


LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...