Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Glass

Glass swept around, and stopped. Exxan was now opposite of him, and Terrortooth was between them.

I don't like this...

Exxan's power would no doubt be strong enough by now to manipulate Terrortooth as he wished, and with it between the two Rahkshi there'd be no way to get close without Exxan using his powers to use Terrortooth at a distance

###### this ###### ######.

Need to put some distance between us this time...

Glass slowly stepped forward, waiting for Exxan to make a move, and ready to take flight and zoom off to the right once he did.

GM IC Icarax:

"You are dismissed."

Illusive would feel a strong gravitational pull scoot him effortlessly out of the room as Icarax turned impassively away from him. The door closed, and Illusive was left once again with the chittering Porters outside of the Makuta's office.

Around the rest of the school, other Porters began a telltale task of rolling along the many hallways, repeating the same phrase over and over in their monotone voices.

"Students are to gather in the gym for assignment."

IC: Illusive - Corridor.

Well, at least he hadn't dragged me through my own shadow this time. Turning my back to the office doors, I headed off towards the gym, eager to find out what this new assignment would entail.

IC: Xara - Gym.

Oh my Makuta. I couldn't help myself. I felt giddy, excited, eager.

It was a childish, and stupid, and insensitive of me, but I couldn't help but feel a sense of anticipation at the thought of a new assignment. And since I was already in the gym... well, there was no harm in sticking around to find out what it was...

IC: Exxan - Gym.

Alas, Glass had mistaken my intention. My interest wasn't in Terrortooth, but in the gouge it was tearing in the surface of the arena. A gouge that I was now focusing my newly heightened powers on - hammering at the gash, driving a wedge of hammering air between the uneven edges, widening it, deepening it, until the living stone began to split and splinter apart. 

The end goal was simple - to split the whole karzing platform in half. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Oh ###### ###### ###### kaarrrrrz-"

Glass couldn't help but fall off his feet as the platform split, the cracking sound of stone overpowering even the howling wind, courtesy of Exxan's newfound power. He slipped on the sand as the half he stood on tilted, and began falling into the gap.

I need something to stop this, something solid-

Fulgurite?

Too risky, and it wouldn't hold.

Glass grunted and try to press his back flat onto the floor, and pushed himself off, activating his flight powers again. WIth all the sand whipped around Exxan would probably be unable to see him and redirect the air to knock Glass out of the air, but neither could Glass see Exxan.

Resolving not to give his position away, Glass continued to hover inside the sand cloud, maintaining his position above the splintering ground. Exxan could see him at any point in time, and Glass readied to shut his flight powers off at that moment, in order to fall down into the mess of rubble and sand and machinery a foot below him. He was glad for his trifocals that protected his visual detectors (eyes) from the worst of the sand.

Heh. Sand.

I miss that cat.

Pleased with my progress, I realised that Glass had vanished entirely from my view, and in response I swiftly cut off the flow of air. Chips of rock rained down onto the fractured platform, while motes of dust drifted freely. The gym would start to repair itself soon enough, I had no doubt, but with Terrortooth still chipping away somewhere in the middle of the platform, it wouldn't be able to restore itself completely. 

Breaking up the arena platform had only ever been half of the plan. Rahkshi could fly, after all. Now I just had to wait to see what Glass' next move would be. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Glass racked his brain, trying to see what Exxan was up to once he shut off his power. He wasn't done yet, that's for sure. As the rock and sand settled, Glass began to realise that Exxan might be getting ready to turn the rubble into a very, very painful tornado.

"Flying won't help when that happens..." Glass cursed under his breath, racking his brain for a solution.

Where is the safest place in a tornado?

In the eye.

Seeing no other option, Glass threw caution to the wind (haha ) and flew toward Exxan as fast as he could before he could stop himself, and before Exxan could draw a bead on him. Even if the specifics of the guess was wrong, Exxan's strength was clearly at range, and Glass, even without Terrortooth , would have a better chance at close-range. He electrified his body and spear, choosing not to unleash a bolt of lightning and alerting the Vacuum Rahk.

IC: Blink

Blink had been idly flicking through some books in the library when he heard one of the Porters. Getting up, he turned and set off towards the door, teleporting in the middle of his turn and thus disorienting himself enough to almost end up face down on the ground. As he regained his footing he began darting down the hallways, using his teleportation to narrowly avoid any collisions.

OOC: So yeah i'm open for interaction i guess.

Catching a glimpse of a speedy silvery object accelerating down towards me, I tried to dive to the side, firing off a blast of air as I did in the hopes of buffeting Glass off course. Having just expended a whole lot of energy on smashing up the platform, the air blast was somewhat feeble, but hopefully, combined with my attempts to move out of the way, it would be enough to spare me from a collision. 

Nope, nope, nope, karz!

Being hit by lightning was painful. But being grabbed by lightning was agonising

I might've screamed. It was hard to be sure with every nerve ending in my body stinging like it was on fire. I flailed, striking out blindly with my powers, trying to dislodge Glass' grip on my arm. 

IC Diode:

"You're... A bit odd, you know that?"

He shook his head, "No matter though, here, I'll show you."

She knelt down beside one of the beds, this one filled with vibrant yellow and orange flowers, with petals that curled upward like flames. Diode knew this particular flower to be called Lhikan's Fire. A more versed botanist might know that this flower only truly seeded during fires in the wild, and they burned fiercely hot when alight.

He pointed out the weeds attempting to gain purchase in the soil around the flowers, slippery and unpleasant things.

"I've a suspicion that a boumarahk is often here, and is the cause of these growths. They have to be pulled from the root, otherwise they'll just break and regrow."

She sunk her claws into the dirt, firmly pulling the unwanted plant out with a soft tearing sound.

IC: Melody - Cauldron

She sits in silence for a few moments, wringing her hands around her flute. And then she tries to sing, "C-C-C-Cuutuk, C-Cuu..."

By the time she got the sound out through her nervousness, the notes had moved on without her. She looks down, a little flustered.

IC: Garrotte - Courtyard

She drops to her knees next to Diode, watching her motions carefully. Then, as the weed is tossed aside, Garrotte takes her turn. Slowly, with many glances at Diode, she reaches out toward the base of a rather plain flower, but before Diode can stop her, a nearby Porter straightens and announces:

"Students are to gather in the Gym for an assignment."

Garrotte freezes in place except for one hand which snaps to her belt to grasp a slime canister. She stares at the Porter blankly, wondering if she needed to throw. "Why is it doing that?"

IC: Fang - Forest of Kaam

"Then what are we supposed to do?!" Fang snaps, his grip on the hammer growing warm.

IC Diode:

"It seems Icarax has another one of the occasional assignments ready."

She noted the tube being grasped, "It's not threatening you, they're programmed to say certain things. As far as I'm aware, we don't even have to comply. The only time that happened when was Gorast came."

"....How recently did you arrive here...?"

IC: Dormirahk - Dragged Away

Dormirahk didn't put up any resistance as Canvas dragged him away, instead simply doing their best to stay on their feet following after the arm she was pulling.

IC: Rōzu - Causeway

"RIDER!!" With astonishing speed, she quickly grabbed onto a pillar, pivoting around it 180 degrees before flying off downwards to try catching her falling friend.

IC: Uunrak - Refectory

"I... see." I raised an eyebrow. So I guess these guys valued loyalty to the Makuta quite a bit. Probably best not to make any indication toward not sharing that sentiment, after all, I don't need to repeat what happened last time I didn't quite live up to standards. Although I guess maybe these guys would just kill me instead of tossing me out.

"I guess it's good we have you and those other guys looking out for the Makuta's interests."

Melody took a deep breath... then another, as she started bobbing her head to the rhythm. Then she tried again:

"My C-Cuutuk, my Cuutuk, now that you're h-here,

W-we'll... p-play songs together,

Y-you on your g-guitar, and my f-flute so c-clear.

It's a... a... momentwe'llalwaysremember.

The last line got away from her, but with Cuutuk's slower melody her first attempt wasn't terrible.

"Just now," Garrotte replies simply. Her eyes didn't leave the Porter, though her grip on the capsule relaxed.

IC: Canvas - Hallways

Canvas tugged Dormirahk to the side as a few Porters rolled past, carrying their message, but otherwise continued on unblinkingly as if they didn't exist.

Nope, nope, nope, karz!

Being hit by lightning was painful. But being grabbed by lightning was agonising

I might've screamed. It was hard to be sure with every nerve ending in my body stinging like it was on fire. I flailed, striking out blindly with my powers, trying to dislodge Glass' grip on my arm. 

Got to hold on!

Glass attempted to hold on tight as Exxan attacked wildly, blades of sharp air buffeting Glass. Unfortunately for Exxan, he might be powerful, but with electricity coursing through his armour multiple times, even he could not focus his attacks.

Glass used his flight power to push down on Exxan and fall onto him, gripping tightly onto the other Rahk's chestpiece as they toppled, electricity coursing through Exxan. Glass was feeling the strain of using his powers so extensively for so long so soon after evolution, but he needed to end this now.

Come on come on surrender already...

Cuutuk - Oh my goodness

He smiled, stopping his tune. "Melody, that was fantastic!"

He quickly begins to walk over to his acquaintance and... Wait.. was now a good time? He was silent for a moment, slowing as he walked towards her, silent, looking at the ground.

Then he spoke. "M-m-melody..? D-do you... D-do you want t-to b-be c-companions?" he said more shakily than Melody is at her worst stuttering.

He braced for impact. A big one.

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

Pain... so much... but pain had its limitations. A threshold. And despite the agony of what Glass was inflicting on me, it wasn't the worse I'd suffered. And, more importantly, he couldn't make it any worse.

I could survive this. 

Lashing out blindly with my powers wasn't working, so I instead directed my efforts downwards, intending to fling myself and Glass into the air. 

"Woahhhhh!" Glass held on as the pair blasted into the sky, propelled by Exxan's attack.

There's no way we'll take down this beast by force! We have to force him out!

But how?

Glass looked around, in vain, knowing there was literally nothing in the air he could use to change the situation.

In his free hand, though...

Glass braced himself and snapped his cranium compartment forward, metallic skull cracking against Exxan's, hoping to stun him a little further for his next move.

He concentrated on his flight powers, and directed his flight forward, still clung tight onto Exxan. If he could make it fast enough before Exxan recovered to stop him, he could bring both of them out of the arena's circular boundary, with Exxan first exiting the invisible limit before Glass as long as Glass was moving forward with Exxan in front.

Edited by NorikSigma

Glass' head smashed into mine, and I saw stars. And sparks. The latter were probably real. 

Dazed, and in pain, it took me a few moments to realise that I wasn't falling. It was simple physics. What came up had to go down. But I wasn't going down. Glass must've done something. I drew in the air around me, and sent it blasting directly upwards - which would hopefully send myself and Glass flying back down towards the ground... or the water...

OOC: Big apology to Click, who has had to wait for my reply for ages at least twice now

IC: Kororia - Library

"Aw. Ooh, do you think they'd let us use the kitchen, though? I'm really good at-"

Kororia turned, eyes wide, and bounced on her heels in excitement as the Porter rolled by. She asked her friend, "Is that a teacher? Ooh, my first assignment! I hope it's art, or maybe even science! I like science homework!"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Krieveks - Annoyed that a school assembly is happening

"Assignment? No thanks." I say, standing up. I begin to walk back to the dorms, but then I wonder if the seashell rahk is there... , I'm going to the gosh karzing assembly for a girl. When did I get so lame?

I begin walking to the gym.

OOC: No worries, Zippy. Good to have you back :)

IC: Tear - Library

"I... d-don't think we should g-go," Tear muttered, her eyes firmly on the ground.

She gave him a soft smile as he approached. "B-but Cuutuk... I thought we already were."

Cuutuk - squishy kraata heart pounding

"Y-you d-did?" He says, almost completely overwhelmed. "M-melody... I d-didn't-t-t-t kn-n-n-ow tha-a-a-t youthoughtofusascompanions...."

His stutter was worse than Melody's even on her worst days. He didn't know what to do. Hug her again? Kiss her? Hide? Attempt eating a boulder to impress her?

His uke's strings twang, knocking him back to reality.

He decided to go with option 2.

He embraces her, gently kissing her on the cheek, a small amount of kraata slime there now, but that was normal in any case. "I'm so glad...."

OOC: Does anybody have any confetti cannons or something? Maybe a champagne bottle? Because this ship just set sail.

• Upvote 1

IC: Snake - Kaam

"All we can do is follow the path, as I say." I reply quickly. I'm aware that time may be growing thin for our companions.

IC: Torch - Cauldron

I shiver and cough as we pass under the drowning waterfall, hammer-like (striking against us) - an unsubtle thing. Gasping for air, I appear on the other side and scan my surroundings, intent on the goal, eyes on the prize(s), and focused. I shake myself off. I point to a corner of the cavern, where damp (presumably spray-soaked) crates lie: a few of them, all variations on mud-and-sand in colour, and made of ruined wood, rust-caked nails and riddled with debris. 

"They (to me) look like they've been here...well, a while." I think vocally. "But they might still hold something worthwhile." Something worth their while and ours.

Kathok

She hugs him back with a giggle. "Cuutuk..."

IC: Hoto - Johmak's Airship

It'd been days with no word. Hoto had tried to remain positive, but echoes of despair rebounded in her mind every moment. She'd found a lonely corner and curled up there. She'd held Fang's necklace for so long and so tightly that she could recreate every divet, every scratch perfectly. Yet they were her only comfort now.

• Upvote 2

Glass' head smashed into mine, and I saw stars. And sparks. The latter were probably real. 

Dazed, and in pain, it took me a few moments to realise that I wasn't falling. It was simple physics. What came up had to go down. But I wasn't going down. Glass must've done something. I drew in the air around me, and sent it blasting directly upwards - which would hopefully send myself and Glass flying back down towards the ground... or the water...

Not fast enough!

Exxan, dazed and hurt, still gathered enough mental presence to bend his power to counter the direction of travel. It was only then that Glass realised how worn-out he was. His head hurt and his muscles were cramping as he continued to pour his energy into his electricity and flight.

I'm not powerful enough...

Glass pulled back his powers, letting the blast of air push them back in reverse. As they approached the opposite end of the arena, Glass took a deep breath and twisted, grappling and rotating the pair to put Exxan nearer to the limit of the arena, before putting his flight powers to use to accelerate again, hoping the twist in direction would confuse Exxan enough for him to not use his powers to slow their flight again. As it were, Glass was beginning to lose his concentration...

Disorientated. Dizzy. Blurry vision. In unceasing pain.

Suffice to say, my perception of direction left much to be desired at this point, and by the time I'd realised what was going on... I was tumbling into the moat outside of the arena platform, sinking into the water with Glass still on top of me. 

I supposed this probably meant he'd won.

Surprisingly, that didn't bother me. 

By the time he hit the water, Glass had almost completely blacked out. The cold fury if water flooding into his armour and Kraata shell woke him up fast enough.

"Urgh.. pah!" Glass struggled as he pushed himself up to the surface of the moat, disoriented and confused.

"What... Is it over?" He asked aloud.

IC Diode:

Well that explained a thing or two.

"It won't hurt us, in fact I'm not sure they even -can-. Would.... you like to go see what the assignment is?"

IC Grim:

"I simply serve."

they heard the porters roll by, delivering their automated message, and Grim brightened up a bit, "Ah, good timing, come along, my friend, there's a test of skill to be announced soon by the Headmaster."

They rose, depositing the tray in some vague form of receptacle.

GM IC Johmak:

The crystalline form of the enigmatic Johmak came to a respectful distance close to the curled up Rahkshi, "Your title is the being of Hoto, yes?" she asked somewhat clumsily in the adopted language of the Corpus students.

She considers for a moment. "It does sound better than visiting the Refectory."

"Shh," she smiles, still hugging him. "It's alright."

Hoto looks up slowly, shifting a little on the floor to hear Johmak's profile before her. She nods slowly.

IC: Dormirahk - Dragged along

Dormirahk gave Canvas no trouble as she continued to pull them along to what they assumed was the Dormitories.

IC: Uunrak - Refectory

"A test of skill? What kind of test?" I stood up, a little bit nervous. If there was going to be a test of skill soon, I'd have to be prepared for anything this school threw at me, lethal or not. I began mentally preparing myself for anything difficult that might come, distracted for a moment by a single nagging question.

"Also what are those... things?" I said, referring to the strange messengers.

IC Grim:

"That will depend on the whimsy of Icarax. Previous assignments have been varied in their objectives and means. As for those," they gestured to a Porter. "That is called a Porter, they are mechanical beings that take care of janitorial duties, and are used by the headmaster to deliver messages to the student body. They also have an odd fascination with the flower beds in the courtyard."

GM IC Johmak:

"Are you being in the need of hunger?"

IC Diode:

"What about your... friend there?"

Cuutuk - Slightly concerned

Cuutuk, after hugging for a while longer, sits Melody down. "W-what do we do if our fathers hear of this? Bitil will not be pleased to hear his son has fallen in love with another rahk that enjoys peace at a school that's supposed to make me a cold blooded spreader of darkness..." he says, leaning against the cave. "What of your father? No doubt that he, too would have issues with it..."

IC: Canvas - Dorms

A few moments later and they were standing before Dormirahk's door. "There you go," Canvas growled. A strange sense of nausea wasn't helping her mood. She hadn't spilled the Lehrak poison again, had she?

She considered for a moment, still as a statue, before shaking her head. Now wasn't the time for eating.

"Oh." She turned to Vlad with searching eyes. "Would you like to accompany us to this task?"

She looks down. "We came here to get away from our parent's brutality. I don't need to tell him anything."

Edited by Click