Jump to content

Recommended Posts

--IC: Luffy and Oshi: In the Mock City--

Huh.  Blue Guy sure was taking a while to get here.  Luffy inhaled once more to deliver another call, when he thought he saw some movement on the nearby rooftops.  He shielded his eyes to try and get a good look at it.  "Blue Guy?" he asked loudly, hopefully.  "Is that you up there?  Come on down, it's OK!"

 

The whip cracked again, and Oshi felt numerous flares of pain along the side of her pointed towards her attacker.  She felt slightly drained... Shaking off the pain as best she could, she swung Fleur once, twice more at the hooded black Rahkshi, still trying to keep her powers from triggering.

 

--IC: Milk: In the Courtyard--

Milk scratched her chin.  "Huh.  I... yawn... I don't know, exactly.  I think... yawn... I think maybe it means I like... yawn... snuggling more than usual."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Revenge and Danger-Courtyard

 

Nodding as if he understood, even though he didn't, Danger turned to face his brother. "So, can we be friends."

 

Revenge sighed, "Yes, you can." He smiled. "Just stay out of trouble."

 

A huge smile crossed Danger's face. "Thanks!"


Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reda - Gym Maze (Team 8)

 

Well, this was a conundrum. It wasn't often that Reda had to deal with someone running away from her, let alone someone... advantageous to her success. And so when she came to an intersection with no clear signs of where Pyle could have gone, she simply stopped, looking back and forth between the three options. An idle tune followed her motions along the wind.

 

In the end, she decided he was in too much of a hurry to change direction and continued along the path straight ahead. "What has you so afraid that you risk further harm to yourself?" she asked the empty alley coldly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lucid / Courtyard

 

 

Lucid had been watching Revenge and Danger idly. "New one, tell me," she asked Danger amiably, "which is greater: The earth? Or the sea?"

 

* * *

 

IC: Vlad / Gym Maze

 

 

"Oh, right..." That did make more sense. Following Garrotte's gesture, the luminous Vorahk went to grab the gleaming weapon, and returned it to Garrotte's grasp. "Zat should help," he remarked, beginning again to chip carefully at the crystal still trapping her.

 

* * *

 

IC: Gaever / Forge

 

 

"Yes, very good!" Gaever agreed, enthusiastic and proud. Seeing Phantom demonstrate some means of defending herself was reassuring. In the world they lived in, the world of Rahkshi, it was all to necessary...

 

She could conceive of one more test, actually, that would satisfy her even more completely. In truth, it grew as much from curiosity as concern, but she did feel that it truly was the most effective test. She hesitated a moment, sizing up her surroundings, and took a few steps over to a relatively dull and open patch of ground.

 

"One more experiment," she suggested, bracing herself, unsure of how uncertain she should be. "If you feel comfortable... direct the winds at me."

 

* * *

 

IC: Thurisaz / Gym Maze

 

 

"Oh, most certainly," Thurisaz assured Tube. "As soon as we have grouped, we charge to battle. Your patience will be rewarded."

 

He looked up at the rooftops, where Sim, summoned by Luffy, seemed to be moving sluggishly back toward the group. "Cooperation benefits all of us, you've really nothing to fear," he called encouragingly. It should be plainly evident, really, that this was no trick or trap; his team, cohesive under his leadership, could easily have overpowered their disunited opposite if his goal had been to do so. Not to mention Aerahk, sneaking unnoticed along the rooftops behind Sim, camouflaged and stealthy.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Revenge and Danger-Courtyard

 

Danger had to think about that one. "I'm not sure, the ocean is pretty big, we had to cross a lot of it to get here. But then again, you can't exactly stand on the ocean while you can stand on land."


Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Kororia - Aw No

 

Kororia had no problems dodging the kick to her knee, but she was concerned about her new friends. Ezec was around Sliver's neck, but she could see Aza in the corner of her eye being attacked by another Rahkshi, and she could hear Oshi outside, and it sounded like she was in distress.

 

She quickly and carefully considered her options. Aza had to be kept safe, but she was holding her own for now. Oshi... Oshi reminded her of her dad, she didn't know if she could fight or not. But Kororia couldn't run out for her right now, not with the two Rahkshi already here. One thing at a time. Aza would be fine for now. Oshi would be okay. She would focus on Sliver for the moment.

 

While Sliver was hopefully distracted by Ezec, Kororia attempted to yank the sword out of Sliver's hands by pulling sharply on the scarf.


Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Torc - Gym

 

Finally... caught up... to him...

Emerging onto the rooftop shortly after Sim, the Rahkshi of Heat Vision took a moment to lean on his knees for support as he attempted to catch his breath.

 

IC: Rail - Gym

 

Karz...! Oh, wait... nevermind...

Thrown off by the weight of his new armor while trying to properly regulate his increased strength, Rail simply took a step backwards in order to avoid the weapon entirely, but didn't quite manage to do so in time as the dagger bit into and cleaved the tip off of one of his elongated spikes.

Really need to get this under control.

In response, he then aimed his crossbow at the other Rahkshi's chest and fired.


Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

 

 

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lucid / Courtyard

 

 

"A thoughtful response," Lucid replied with a satisfied nod. "Remember it, as you learn." Sitting before the entire group, she asked, "So, what are your names?"


00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sim - Gym Rooftops
I stopped in my marching at the sight of the figure now catching their breath.

"Who are you?" I asked, uneasy, yet still angry at the whole situation.
 

IC: Phantom - The Forge

At first, Phantom raised her hands and turned toward Gaever without hesitation. As her brain caught up to her motions, though, she stopped. Her hands lowered to just above her waist.

"Wait... you?" A look of concern played across her face.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sliver - Gym.

 

If the armourless Kraata thought I hadn't felt him sliding up towards my neck, he was sorely mistaken. I began charging up for another cyclonic blast, still clenching my sword with both hands, twisting the handle in an effort to dislodge it from my main assailant's grasp. I felt the Kraata curl around my neck, coiling taut around the plating, beginning to compress... and as it did, my other attacker yanked on the scarf, perhaps in the hope that it would rip the weapon from my grasp. 

 

As the pressure on my own Kraata increased, I threw myself bodily backwards, tightly pulling my sword with me. As I did, I titled my head back as far as I could manage and unleashed a blast of air through the armour around my throat, hoping that it would be enough to dislodge the Kraata and fling it towards my primary attacker. 


___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IC Hand:

 

"Oh, unbearably so. But, since you've so kindly offered to help us out.... maybe we can arrange something. You help us, we help you sort of deal."

 

The group came to a clearing, where the ragged Rebellion members would spot what looked like the remains of a village. Mostly overgrown, but there was a few untouched, or perhaps, cleared away buildings, and what looked like a field for farming, thick with tangled weeds.

 

Waiting for them was Fletch, who signaled them to wait, looked at Reach, grabbed his own right forearm with his left hand, then pointed at the largest of the buildings. Reach in turn, nodded to Peek, who closed his eyes for a moment, then held up a single finger.

 

"Someone's here who shouldn't be. Got any more friends in the area we should know about?" Reach whispered.

 

 

IC Diode:

 

The Electricity Rahk made his way back to the initial room where she'd left his comrades. She was the VIP after all, and it wouldn't do to get his team eliminated because she'd wandered off by himself.

 

 

IC Icarax:

 

From the shadows in the room that Illusive had chosen, a pair of burning red eyes emerged, followed by a shadow. It spoke in a booming whisper of the mind to Illusive.

 

You do not seem particularly motivated to complete my task, Illusive; in fact, if I didn't know better, I'd say you did not particularly care if your team was eliminated. Pray tell, what exactly are you doing cowering in the closet like a scared matoran?

 

 

IC Grim and Percy:

 

The group had decided to use Percy's loud colors and personality as a trap, letting him go ahead down the middle of streets, while they prowled on high shortly behind, in the shadows.

 

Grim kept to the right side of the street, while the other two covered the left side.

 

Percy was whistling a merry tune as he made his way down the street, sword resting lightly in its scabbard at his waist.

 

 

IC Ezec:

 

Sliver's attack did stop him from doing what he'd been trying to do but did not dislodge him entirely, he squirmed around, and this time wrapped himself around Sliver's snout, clamping her mouth shut and covering her eyes as best he could.

 

 

IC Aza:

 

Try as she might, Aza wasn't able to dodge the bolt in such tight quarters, and it lodged itself deep in her right chest plate, but she recovered quickly, lunging in close, and sending a thrust slipping through the rocky protection toward the elbow of the offending weapon arm.

 

 

IC Zas'ma:

 

Zas'ma danced around the frightened swipes, allowing herself one more debilitating strike with the whip at Oshi's face.

 

Despite her menacing appearance and demeanor, Zas'ma felt nothing but a slight disgust at the wretched rahkshi she fought. she was just another step on her path to power. A plaything, really.

 

 

IC Rahi:

 

Across the city, something was stirring. The Makuta had not left the students to simply squabble amongst themselves during the assignment, several Rahi had been placed in the maze as well, and some of them had found a target or two. 

 

From behind the Team 1's location in the alley, three Energy Hounds came bounding around the corner, teeth bared with saliva dripping from their maws. How long the Rahi famous for their tracking abilities had been onto the group was unknown, but they now attacked in a pack, two lunging at Aerahk to grab the rahk's arms and drag him down, while the third leapt at Thurisaz' upper half, trying to use its momentum to knock him over and bury its teeth into the back of his neck.

 

From the other side of the alley, behind team 5, came a low rumble, and suddenly the immense jaws of a Muaka came tearing through the space, aiming to engulf Luffy entirely in one clean ambush kill.

 

In another part of the city, a pack of half a dozen Kavinika tore into the building that Team 3 currently occupied, three of each of the wolf-like Rahi lunging at both Crate and Door, trying to sink their teeth into legs and arms to drag the rahkshi down.

 

It was Reda and Pyle that drew the short end of things, however, as they would eachfind themselves confronted by very angry looking Nui Jaga. Chittering madly, their tiny eyes burned a ferocious red and their claws clamped open and shut.

 

Reda saw hers before getting into striking distance, and so was sent a mean splatter of blinding venom.

 

Pyle was not so lucky and nearly had his arm taken clean off as a venomous stinger hit him straight in the upper shoulder of his right arm, sending fiery pain through his arm almost immediately that began to spread to other parts of his body.

Edited by The UltimoScorp

Credit and thanks go to @Onaku for the wonderful art that is my profile picture!

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Illusive - Gym.

 

I'm an illusion rahk. I'm designed to hide. And since I'm stuck in a situation where every rahk I run into is going to try to attack me, hiding is all I can do. I thought back, dispelling the useless illusion as I did, Being stuck in this accursed arena isn't necessary for me to attend to the task you set me - I saw everything I needed to when the teams were being selected. 


___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Fang - Village of Kaam

 

"Time is..." Fang began before being interrupted by the display. Instead, he folded his arms. "No, this is us."

 

 

IC: Hoto - Village of Kaam

 

Hoto was startled by voices and footsteps echoing down from the village. She stood up quickly, backing further into the corner as panic began to set in. No no no, she said I would be safe!

 

In a brief moment of clarity, she remembered what to do, racing first to the table and then to the hidden hatch that opened, accompanied by a soft flurry of clicks. She blindly slapped at the wall inside, eventually finding the button on this end that sealed her from the outside world. Her every nerve was electrified as she waited in the small closet, her only companion the rapid rush of her own breathing.

 

 

IC: Tube - Gym Maze (Team 1/5)

 

Tube whirled around at the sound, expecting some unfortunate team to have already stumbled upon them. Instead, they saw a few spiny puppies, one of which was already bearing down on their Master. Tube jumped in to intercept with first their mace, and then their own body with a defiant, "No!"

 

 

IC: Garrotte - Gym Maze (Team 2)

 

The going was slow, and Garrotte found herself wondering about what was going on outside, and more specifically, with the rest of her friends.

 

 

IC: Tear - Gym Maze (Team 3)

 

Tear froze as sounds of crashing and snarling interrupted his scheming. Looking down the wall, he barely caught the tail end of one of the last Kavinika's as it vanished inside. "This place just became a lot less safe," he said to Floor before quickly throwing himself over the side, snapping into flight mode just before hitting the ground to slow himself. He burst through the broken remnants of the door, taking in the mass of Rahi in which his companions were entombed. He drew his swords and charged in, stabbing towards the closest of the Kavinika, currently bearing down on Door. 

 

 

IC: Reda - Gym Maze (Team 8)

 

All thoughts of pursuit were abruptly stopped as Reda found herself confronted with a toothy, venomous monster. Her dodge instincts kicked in to avoid the spray, then she countered by unfurling one of her whips to snap at the stinger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Booger- Gym (team 1/5)

 

Seeing his friend in danger Booger quickly moved to back up Luffy. He charged the Muaka down shouting, "Back off Kitty!" and waving his club in the air.


Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Thurisaz / Gym Maze

 

 

An unexpected ambush - from Rahi! "Thurisaz, at your service," the nimble noble answered Sim, alert and already whirling toward the paws now pounding toward him. Even as Tube lunged to his defense, he leveled his trident above his minion's shoulder at the inbound hound to fire a fierce fist of crimson-flaming kinetic energy crashing toward the Rahi's head. "Looks like we'll be fighting together right away!"

 

Aerahk, on the roof above, was less well prepared for a sudden attack, especially one leaving even his stealth no longer possible nor advantageous. When perceived his twin attackers he leapt furiously from his hiding spot away from them with a surprised cry, dodging one only to have the others' teeth close around his forearm. Daggers already tightly clutched, he stabbed at its eye with his free hand as he stumbled into the open by Torc and Sim. "Rahi - watch out!" he warned his (hopefully) new brothers-in-arms.


* * *

 

IC: Jayar / Forest of Kaam

 

 

Jayar was less immediately dismissive (perhaps as usual.) "One of the Rahkshi we traveled with split from us a while ago," he offered, considering Xara, "but they wouldn't have come in this direction. And the two others separated from us in that fight would probably have stayed together," he replied, considering the single finger.


* * *

 

IC: Lucid / Courtyard

 

 

"None of the most interesting questions have answers," Lucid answered sagely. "Who built the universe? What is consciousness? Was yesterday Tuesday? There are no straight answers to any of these ancient questions, yet great value in their contemplation."

 

* * *

 

IC: Gaever / The Forge

 

 

The mechanist hesitated, maybe this was silly. It was... no, no it wasn't. Not in this fierce world. She wanted to be confident that Phantom could protect herself. She needed, then, to feel the winds herself.

 

"I will be all right," she assured Phantom. "This is a safe, clear area. I just think this would be the most effective test."

 

* * *

 

IC: Vlad / Gym Maze

 

 

"I vonder if it's possible to create a solution zat vould quickly dissolve zis crystal or somethink," Vlad mused, as the slow extraction proceeded. He had encountered more than a few Rahkshi with odd predilections for chemicals and science in his time at the school. "It vould be useful for you to keep on you for vhen zis happens."

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Revenge and Danger-Courtyard


 

"Oh," Danger shook his head to show he understood. He didn't want to respect someone so learned. Then he turned to Revenge. "What day was yesterday?"

 

Revenge sighed. "Today is Thursday. Yesterday was Wednesday. The day before Was Tuesday."

 

Danger just smiled, proud of his older brother for answering one of the unsolvable mysteries of the universe.


Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 IC:  Morpheme | The Courtyard

 

Morpheme had hung back, a little way behind the now crowded group of four, but not because she was afraid, no.  Her brain needed to recalculate; the effects of Milk's power still clung to her consciousness.  As if it were a ritual, she closed her eyes, bowed her head, and willed her spines to grip each-other, reciting a poem under her breath all the while.  

 

"My first, erect; my second leans;

My third grabs hold at the second's base -- 

I stretch, refreshed, and so it seems

My mind is clear without a pace."  

 

She let out a sigh as her gaze came back to the friendly congregation.  Finally.  Morpheme could make out their voices now.  

 

"What is consciousness?  Was yesterday Tuesday? There are no straight answers to any of these ancient questions, yet great value in their contemplation."  A new voice...belonging to the technicolored one who still lazed in the flowerbed.  

 

"Oh.  What day was yesterday?"  That was the naive Rahkshi speaking.  Milk had been crying after him earlier.  Maybe he could be befriended -- he certainly seemed willing to make friends.  

 

The third in the group sighed.  "Today is Thursday. Yesterday was Wednesday. The day before was Tuesday."  ​Ah, so he acted as a keeper, or at least the dominant partner, of the naive, green-and-blue Rahk...  

 

Well, this was entertaining.  Morpheme felt her faceplates shift, softly growing into a grin.  If she could get in on this conversation, she could forge many connections.  Especially with the kaleidoscopic savant.  She seemed fun.  So, crafting a response, Morpheme approached them.  "Glad to see you three getting along without me," she said with a wink at Milk.  "And I think consciousness is a state of awareness.  Well, awareness, lucidity, whatever you want to call it.  Could be wrong, though..."  She shrugged, pointedly trailing off so the savant could correct her if she wanted to.  

Edited by Lumen

RPG profiles  

Corpus Rahkshi:  {Morpheme}

~

Fall is here, hear the yell;  

Back to school, ring the bell;  

Brand new shoes, walking blues;  

Climb the fence, books and pens.  

I can tell that we are gonna be friends!  

I can tell that we are gonna be friends~!  

~

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lucid / Courtyard

 

 

"Yes, something like that..." Lucid agreed. "The question is, where does that come from? What is it made of?" She tapped her head thoughtfully. "As for the day of the week, how can you be sure the world did not come into being in its current state this morning? Maybe it's actually never been Tuesday before."


00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

--IC: Luffy, Pyle, Oshi, and Exigent: In the Mock City--

Luffy almost didn't make it.  It was the cries from several of his friends, and the subsequent yowl of pain from the Muaka that Drippy Guy had hit, that alerted him.  He really needed to pay more attention to things like this!  "Thanks for the warning!" he said to everyone who had called out.  He then proceeded to use his stretchy arms to throw punch after rubber-powered punch at the Muaka's head; hopefully, the blows would at least knock a few teeth loose.

 

The sting jolted Pyle's mind free from his Chameleon powers, and he became visible in all his crimson-and-gold glory.  He sank to his knees, gritting his teeth against the fiery pain that lanced up and down his arm and his body, clutching at the wound.  The Nui-Jaga struck at him again, and this time, he dodged it, but just barely.

With his free hand, he wriggled on one of the Shankers and, with a cry that probably belied his position to the pursuing Reda, aimed a mighty stab at the creature's head.

 

Now there was a stripe across her left eye to match the ones across her right.  Oshi staggered, clutching at her new wound; it was hard for her to see now.  Her knees trembled.  Unconsciously, she let out a whimper.  Her concentration slipped; her powers were very, very close to triggering right now; she couldn't let that happen!  No!  Not now!  Please, not now...

Miraculously, her Mind Reading powers remained on the brink of activation, teetering, uncertain... She desperately threw herself at the black hooded one; aiming Fleur in a stab toward the chest.

 

Exigent leaned on his spear, examining and cleaning the Rahkshi equivalent of his fingernails.  It was almost unbearably boring over here, and with the luck he and Mute had been having, it would remain that way for a while.  Perhaps, in an extreme scenario, they'd win this assignment purely because they remained un-engaged for so long.

Suddenly, a noise caught his attention.  It sounded like... whistling?  And it was getting louder.  Someone was coming this way!  Perhaps superfluously, he signaled for Mute to keep quiet, before slipping into a crevice to surprise the newcomer.  His grip on his spear tightened...

 

--IC: Milk: In the Courtyard--

This was a fun conversation!  Milk, hunkered down next to the colorful girl, listened to the smart things she had to say.  She must really know a lot about a lot, to say things like that!

Her friend Morpheme was finally here; she waved chipperly at her through a yawn.  Turning back to the colorful girl, who was saying something about the world, and it never being Tuesday before, she piped up, "I... yawn... don't think that the world can just show up in a single morning... yawn... And there's always been a Tuesday!  For me, anyway... yawn."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Revenge and Danger-Courtyard

 

Revenge took a deep breath, the ramblings of this technicolor Rahkshi were getting on his nerves. "I'm pretty sure if the universe just barely popped into existence I wouldn't remember last Tuesday."

 

"But what if we were created with our memories?" Danger piped up.

 

Revenge was about to snap back with "What would be the point of that?" but decided it would be better to change the subject. He didn't want to hurt his brother's feelings. "I've read a lot of Matoran legends. They say that everyone has some kind of energy form called a spirit, it is what controls us and gives us personality. When our spirit separates from our body we die." He paused. "Maybe that is where consciousness comes from."


Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lucid / Courtyard

 

 

Lucid nodded, impressed. "It may be," she agreed. "There is much truth to legends that is often overlooked... Have you read the legend of Toa Denshu?"


00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lucid / Courtyard

 

 

"I haven't either," Lucid lamented. "Legend says its hallowed lines hid the truth about the universe, but sadly it seems to have been lost to time as far as I can tell... I was hoping one as learned as yourself might recognize it."


00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Muaka:

 

Though Luffy was indeed stretchy, the young Rahkshi would learn that so too was the Rahi, the great maw snapping back into the darkness as fast as it had come, leaving Luffy hitting nothing but empty air.

 

IC Nui-Jaga:

 

Reda's whip struck true, hitting the stinger with a resounding crack. Unfortunately the armored carapace of the creature was far too thick to be truly damaged by the strike, and Reda found herself being bowled over by a now enraged Scorpion.

 

It chattered madly, trying to grab her in its claws and struck again with its tail.

 

Pyle's knife would be intercepted from its target by an immense claw, pitted and rust colored, snagging it and clamping tight in an attempt to disable the weapon by taking it from its prey. The other claw moved low, to grab the Rahkshi by the waist, and began to clamp down.


Credit and thanks go to @Onaku for the wonderful art that is my profile picture!

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Booger- Gym (team 1/5)

 

"Scardy Cat!" Booger charged into the alley after the Muaka, Swinging his club wildly.

 

IC: Revenge and Danger-Courtyard

 

Revenge shook his head, he was kind of disappointed. He had been hoping for a story time.


Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Garrotte - Gym Maze (Team 2)

 

She nodded slowly without taking her eyes from her work. "The thought had occurred to me, yes. I just haven't found the... solution yet."

 

 

IC: Reda - Gym Maze (Team 8)

 

Reda reeled back a little ungracefully, drawing her whip in with her. This was going to be a tough nut to crack. At the last second, she leapt into a backflip over the stinger, folding her legs for flight midair, and took off directly upward. She unfolded herself almost as quickly as she had taken to the air, drawing her dagger out to land on the Rahi's tail or, at worst, it's back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lucid / Courtyard

 

 

That seemed to have been a letdown. "I may know other tales you have not heard, though, if you'd like to hear them," she offered to Revenge and the rest.

 

* * *

 

IC: Shark / Hallways

 

 

Silently patrolling the halls, Shark came upon another Rahkshi of Silence wandering aimlessly. This was not altogether unusual, many students could think of no better use for their time. What was peculiar was that this one looked to have been stabbed repeatedly in the left forearm, and yet seemed completely unperturbed by the injury. "Are you alright?" the Prefect protector asked Kri, approaching with calm concern.


00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lucid / Courtyard

 

 

"I'll tell one, then," Lucid nodded, thinking for a moment.

 

"Long ago, there was a Matoran musician whose songs were so beautiful that even the stones were moved by them. One day, her closest companion was sent away to the realm of Karzahni. So she followed on that dread path, hoping that somehow she could rescue her friend."

 

"Before long, she came upon a powerful barrier, whether created to protect Karzahni from the world, or the world from Karzahni, I do not know. Despairing that her path was blocked, she began to sing and play a mournful song. So moving was her lament that the rocks upon the path hurled themselves at the barrier in a frightful deluge, smashing it open. Taking heart, she pressed on into the dread realm, until she was confronted by a horrific monster guarding the way. Once more she began to sing, and the stones of the land flung themselves at the beast, battering it aside so she could continue. Finally, she came before Karzahni himself, and entreated him to release her friend. The dark ruler, of course, refused. So she began once more to play, but he immediately snatched her instrument and shattered it upon the ground. Yet the stones flung themselves at him in a rage anyways, belaying the tyrant for long enough that she could grab her friend and flee the dreaded realm."

 

"Finally, breathless, they reached safety outside Karzahni's realm. Suddenly, a Toa appeared to them, clad in brown and wearing a Volitak. 'You did wonderfully,' he told them, 'Karzahni would certainly have noticed me had it not seemed to him that this was some myth, and it was your music moving the stones.' The Matoran nodded, dumbfounded, and returned to live in their idyllic village once more. The Toa continued his odd adventures with great success, and became renowned in the universe as a master spy and strategist - testament to the power of making things seem as they are not, and knowing when they are not as they seem."

 

Lucid shrugged. "Or something like that, anyways."


00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

--IC: Luffy and Pyle: In the Mock City--

"Wait, Drippy Guy!" Luffy cried after his bestie.  He reached out a stretchy arm, grabbed the green Rahkshi by the shoulder, and pulled him back from his pursuit of the Muaka.  "If we're going to take out that cat, we'll need to do what it did to us, and surprise it!  When it pops its head out of that hole again, we'll bash it!"  He made a punching gesture.  "Now, you stand over here," he continued, maneuvering his friend to one side of where the Rahi had emerged, "and I'll be over here," moving to the other side.  "We have to be quiet!  Otherwise, it'll know we're here and try to eat us!"

 

Pyle's entire body hurt, yet still he fought on.  One of the blades on The Shanker he wore was starting to wiggle loose from its socket in the glove; he swiftly grabbed it and yanked it free.  With his leg, he aimed numerous kicks at the claw being aimed at his midsection.  He aimed his free knife in a stab at the Nui-Jaga's eye, hoping to inflict enough damage to cause the creature to reflexively release his arm.

 

--IC: Kri: In the Halls--

Huh?  Oh, it was a Prefect.  He asked if she was OK, which meant that he noticed the blood oozing from her left arm.  Couldn't he mind his own business?  Her arm was none of his concern.  Kri hid her aching, throbbing  limb behind her back hastily, and said, rather rudely, "Yes, I'm fine.  Why do you ask?"  Though her reply gave off the impression of finality to that interaction, she hoped that he would stay, so that she could argue with him.

 

--IC: Milk: In the Courtyard--

"Wow!" Milk mewed happily.  "You're... yawn... really good at telling stories!  That was a fun one!  A bit... yawn... a bit odd, but I liked it!"  She wriggled a little where she sat, cuddling her strange black rock, and raised her hand in the air.  "If we're doing stories... yawn... I have one!  I have a story I want to tell!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vlad / Gym Maze

 

 

"Makes sense," Vlad murmured, continuing. They were getting close now, and the more of the crystal they took off, the easier it seemed to be to get under or into the remainder. At last, with a quiet but satisfying crack, the last large shard snapped clear, and Garrotte's legs were freed. "Finally," Vlad breathed.


* * *

 

IC: Shark / Hallway

 

 

Kri's peculiar response intrigued Shark further. Clearly she was entirely aware of her injury, yet, she was averse to any concern or care to it. Perhaps the one to inflict it had threatened her with worse should she seek treatment or help. Or it could be self-inflicted, some peculiar test, ritual, study... even hobby. He would like to find out, he suspected the knowledge would be... useful.

 

"I only want to ensure you have access to whatever sort of injury treatment you require," the imposing Prefect responded calmly.


* * *

 

IC: Lucid / Courtyard

 

 

Lucid turned her attention to Milk with an eager smile. "Go ahead," she offered encouragingly.


00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Paladin - Gym

 

Quickly realizing the situation, I sprang in a forward motion, in front of both my new master and sliced at the Rahi's torso, intending to protect him.  "Down, beast!" 


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

--IC: Kri: In the Halls--

"I need no injury treatment, thank you very much," Kri huffed.  In her mind, it was true.  Some of her blood began to drip on the floor; the Rahkshi of Silence hastily tried to wipe it away with her foot, but all she did was smear it around.  She offered the Prefect a sweet smile that was laced with venom.  Go away, it said.

 

--IC: Milk: In the Courtyard--

The little Rahkshi of Sleep clapped her hands happily.  "Yay!"  She placed her black rock in the middle of the little circle of new friends, and began her story.

"Once upon a time, there were two little Matoran who lived in a village where everyone wore the same mask, whether they were Matoran, Toa, or Turaga.  One day a new Toa came to their village.  He was wearing a different mask!  'That Toa looks funny!' the two Matoran said to each other.  'His mask is silly!'  They teased the new Toa about his mask every chance they got.

"Eventually, the two Matoran became Toa, but by then there were no Toa left who had once lived in their village.  There was nobody around to teach them how to use their elemental powers, except for the Toa with the different mask.  'We're sorry we teased you about your mask,' said the two Toa to the other.  'That's OK,' said the Toa with the different mask.  He taught the two Toa how to use their new elemental powers, and they all lived happily ever after.  The end!"

The telling of the story was laced with yawns.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Booger-Gym (Team 1/5)

 

"Uuuuu, Ok." Booger said. He crouched down and got ready to attack. "What was your name again?"

 

IC: Revenge and Danger-Courtyard

 

Danger clapped. "Those were great!"

 

Revenge was deep in thought, The first story had seemed strange, but possible. The second story sounded like a parable told to younglings at bedtime to teach them how to be nice.

 

IC: Melody-Halls

 

Melody shrugged and turned to Canvas. "Maybe we should find something else to do."


Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Phantom - The Forge

Still nervous, Phantom aimed her open palms at Gaever. She was sure that Gaever was far stronger than her, but she couldn't help but worry. It wouldn't be so difficult if it weren't for the buzzing in the back of her head.... almost like someone had placed a finger on her neck, inside her suit. It made her hands not want to do what her brain was telling them to do. 

The most troubling thing about it was that it was this buzzing, this feeling, that was telling her hands to unleash, and not her brain.

To Phantom, the only option available was to be gentle. She had to try and do what Gaever asked despite her fears. Focusing on the feeling in her hands, Phantom let out a half-hearted gust of wind towards her friend. She tried to smile, but only grimaced.

OOC: more to come

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Shark / Hallway

 

 

That wasn't the grin of someone coerced or intimidated. So enduring the pain was entirely her own preference... That injury specifically, or any? "That's entirely valid," he agreed with an understanding nod. "Anyways, I'm Shark," he introduced himself, extending his powerful right hand for a handshake. "If you ever need a sparring partner or something, feel free to ask."

 

* * *

 

IC: Gaever / Forge

 

 

Gaever stood her ground against the modest gust. It was clear this was very difficult for Phantom.

 

And... it probably wasn't worth it. She had wanted to test her friend's power. Not her resolve or obedience.

 

"I... suppose that's enough," she conceded apologetically, disappointed in herself for having distressed her friend.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 IC:  Morpheme | The Courtyard

 
Wow.  These four were magnificent storytellers.  Morpheme quietly drunk in their words, trying to understand them better -- what elements were contained in their stories spoke many books' worth of personal preferences.  The little one liked stories with messages and morals; the savant gave sage wisdom passed down through generations...or maybe she just appreciated knowledge of distant times.  Despite the other two not telling tales directly, there was still good intel to be gleaned.  The way the Density Rahkshi had spoken about how the world must have existed before Tuesday was clever, and it rang true with Morpheme.  
 
Finally, there seemed to be a lull in the conversation.  Now was her chance to shine.  With a faint smile, she piped up, "Mind if I contribute my few widgets with a story of my own?"  

RPG profiles  

Corpus Rahkshi:  {Morpheme}

~

Fall is here, hear the yell;  

Back to school, ring the bell;  

Brand new shoes, walking blues;  

Climb the fence, books and pens.  

I can tell that we are gonna be friends!  

I can tell that we are gonna be friends~!  

~

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lucid / Courtyard

 

 

The sleepy one's story had been fascinating. Now the confusion Rahk was offering another tale. "I'll always be up for another story," she assured her. "Well, other than during a thunderstorm under a crescent moon. But those are rare."


00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

--IC: Luffy: In the Mock City--

"Luffy," Luffy replied simply.  "Now shhhhh!"  He put a bandaged finger up to his mouth, indicating now was the time for quiet.

 

--IC: Kri: In the Halls--

Kri shook Shark's offered hand with her uninjured, non-blood-coated one.  He had a firm grip, great for crushing.  The insane part of her mind screamed and begged for him to crush her hand in his grip right then and there, but her exterior retained its composure.  "Kri," she replied.  "I'll take you up on that offer right now, if you want.  The assignment denied me a..." Painful.  "Proper fight."

 

--IC: Milk: In the Courtyard--

"Oh yes, please!" Milk said joyously.  She really liked this story time, and now her extra bestest new friend wanted to tell one!  "Please tell us... yawn... please tell us a story, friend!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...