Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Orloc - Refectory

Orloc scowled and muttered some insult under their breath, looking down at their bowl with mild disinterest before looking up at Whisper with their characteristic squint. "I learned the hard way not to speak truthfully of them. They much prefer a lie where they are without flaw. Anything else is heresy. Hypocrites."

IC: Whisper - Refectory.

Perfect. I'd been afraid that fomenting chaos among the students would be difficult, but it seemed like everywhere I went in the school, I found the seeds of dissent had already been sown, just waiting to be nurtured. "But if we do nothing, they're free to perpetuate that lie. Surely it falls to us, as their children, to show the Makuta and those they rule how fallible they truly are."

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Shock

Okay, I couldn't just stand around and listen. I had to throw my two cents in. I glance around, making sure there were no Loyalists out for blood, before shuffling over to Orloc and Whisper. "You really think you could just waltz on over,and say, 'Haha! I know you are lying!' and have it end at that? Nah, they may live on a lie, but they're strong enough to maintain it."

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

"But not strong enough to control us," I countered, with a conspiratorial smile, "They don't know what makes us different. They don't know what we're capable of. What if that's why we are the way we are, to be something our creators can't control?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Are you really that desparate to be pulled apart at the molecular level? Don't think they'll tolerate dissension from us in any meaningful capacity. They've weeded it out before, they're perfectly capable of doing it again. And again. Until only the purest loyalists are left. Funny that word. Loyalists. The ones it applies to have no idea how ironic it truly is..."

"You're right, of course," I feigned resignation, ruminating on all the times I'd be downcast and belittled. He was completely correct; a straight battle against the Makuta was an unwinnable one... but there were other ways to defeat an enemy. "I just... I want to believe that we're meant for something more, you know? We're different to regular rahkshi. We have consciences, opinions, beliefs. We have the capacity to disagree with the way the Makuta are running things, we have the words with which to speak out against them..." I left the thought unfinished, leaving the imaginations of the other rahks to fill in the blanks. 

I'd known from the outset that finding rahkshi who despised or disagreed with the Makuta was going to be the easiest part. Inspiring them to take action, giving them the courage to actually act on their feelings, that was going to be the most difficult part of this plan. I knew what fate would likely await those who spoke out, but no war was won without loss. Martyrs inspired revolutions, and if that was what it took to bring down the Brotherhood... so be it. 

"Do my words convey no meaning to your mind? Speaking out against them is exactly what these false kings and queens despise the most. Words of dissension, of malcontent, of reason, those aren't things they're want to let spread and influence. Ours is not to be a position of power, a position to cause change, but a position of subservience to their whims. That is all they want from us. And they'll sooner burn us all than let us change that."

"Normal Rahkshi were created to serve, but we're not normal rahkshi," I let a desperate note creep into my voice, "Why would we be given the ability to think and reason for ourselves if all we're supposed to do is blindly follow?" My shoulders sagged, and my gaze drifted down to the tabletop, "Look at me. I wouldn't last a day as a soldier. I have to believe that we're meant for something more."

Edited by Roman Torchwick

"You speak as if you believe our sentience was by their design?"

IC: Dissent - Refectory

"Hey! Don't say such cowardly words! Who cares what the Makuta intend for us?! She's right, we have power over our own destiny, we just have to seize it!!"

A buff, white armoured rahkshi approached the discussion, carrying herself with fiercly determined confidence.

Edited by Onaku

"Not the Makuta's design, no. You're right; they wouldn't create us to question them." I paused to offer an encouraging smile to the newcomer; she seemed a little too boisterous for my liking, but her enthusiasm was quite enticing. She wouldn't need persuading.

I turned back to the first rahk, "But there has to be a reason." I wasn't willing to go so far as to throw around words like 'Great Spirit' or 'Destiny'. I wasn't sure that I truly believed in such concepts, but I did believe that the New Breed rahks had been given their intelligence, their ability to choose, so that they could be more than mere servants.  

I'd already made my choice - to use my intelligence against those who sought to control and corral us. My intent now was to persuade other rahks to make that same choice, with the ultimate goal of taking away the choice of siding with the Makuta altogether. 

IC: Vigilem Diode - On the move

"I'd have to think about it. But I appreciate the offer." Vigilem nodded and glanced over at a discussion that was going on a few meters away.

Wonder what that's all about? Flux mumbled.

"Best to not get involved." Diode replied under his breath. "Anyway," He faced the pair again, "I should get to the gym. We'll see you around." The Rahkshi of Laser Vision gave them a wave as he walked off, heading in the direction Canvas had told him.

They were nice. A little odd, wanting peace and all that, but nice.

"I suppose I'm odd too?" Diode smirked.

Wouldn't have you any other way.

Before long Vigilem had arrived at the Gym, and saw a few Rahkshi sparring as well as some kind of construct that sounded full of conflict. Frowning, Diode decided to watch the fight and leaned against a wall.

OOC: Vigilem OFI

Edited by GunmetalGold

At this, I just laughed. "Reason for existing? Let me tell you something: there is no good reason we exist. We're accidents, freaks of nature. The only reason we're kept around in the first place is because we are apparently interesting. We have no reason to exist and our lives have no impact on anyone outside of these walls. Our existence is meaningless."

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

IC: Canvas - Refectory

Canvas watched Vigilem go with a sigh before taking the bowl from Melody. "They're not coming back are they?"

IC: Reda - Gym

After pounding on the wall demanding to be put back into the assignment for a few minutes, Reda decided it would be better to take her loss with dignity. Besides, it wasn't her fault. It was that creep Pyle who lured her into Icarax's trap. Bet they were working together, just to see what she was capable of. And she failed.

Growling to herself, Reda walked out of the Gym toward... come to think of it, she didn't know this school any better than the maze she had just left. So she set off on a purposeful wander, looking for food, followers, opponents, knowledge... whatever came first.

OOC: Reda open to interaction.

GM IC:

The Kavinika scratched and clawed Door's grabbing hand, but at least it wasn't his throat. A moment later, his shield crashed down on its neck, stunning it - though as the impact propagated through his own wounded snout, Door wondered if there might have been a better way. Crate's baton knocked the stunned beast to the ground. The wolf snarled weakly, struggling to return to its feet.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Limon

Teleportation made Limon feel queasy. Right now she was throwing up her earlier lunch over a cliff, shuddering as she emptied her guts into the waves below. She took a few minutes to recover, and then slowly made her way to Corpus, making sure not to make any sharp maneuvers as she flew towards the large building.

She landed and strolled towards the large doors, opening them with some difficulty as she hadn't much in the way of physical strength. She was in a large lobby of sorts, and had a look around for any of her kind.

"Hello?" She called, hoping someone would answer.

-

IC: Thunder

Thunder grumbled to herself, flicking through the last of the books. These were beneath her. They were full of things she already knew, and other useless twaddle that wasn't relevant to her interests.

That teleporting creep was obviously keeping the best information for himself. And it was obvious he wasn't going to share.

Fine. She thought to herself as she released a hiss. I'll surpass you one day anyway. Just wait. Her tail flicked in annoyance as she walked off, heading towards the refectory for more food.

-

IC: Vigilem Diode

Vigilem noted the angry Rahkshi storming their way, and took a few steps towards them.

"Forgive me, but I couldn't help but notice you banging on the walls of that... thing, and I sense you have some fight left in you." Diode said, drawing his sword ever so slightly as an invite to spar. "Perhaps I could help sate your appetite?"

She looks pretty angry. I hope you're sure about this. Flux chimed in, slightly worried.

OOC: Limon and Thunder OFI

Edited by GunmetalGold

IC: Dahl

So there I am, walking around the school, minding my own business, when I hear a "hello?" From around the corner. Someone new? Deciding to investigate, I turn the corner to see a green Rahkshi, standing in the doorway. "Why hello there. I suppose you're a new arrival to the school?" I say, bowing in greeting while smiling.

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

But before she reached the door, she had already found one of those: a challenger! Her disappointed frown turned to a malicious grin. "If you think yourself capable of matching the greatest Rahkshi to walk these halls."

IC: Limon

"Uhh." Limon wasn't sure what to answer with. But before she could come up with a response, her stomach gave a long and loud growl. "That was- Wow. Okay. Uh, I guess I'm on a quest to get food? Where does a Rahkshi grab a bite around here?"

-

IC: Vigilem Diode

Vigilem chuckled and fully drew his sword. "Before we begin, shall we set some rules, or just brawl like novice Toa?"

The Rahkshi of Laser Vision circled her and and moved away from the entrance, lest any unaware Rahkshi get caught in the middle of their match. "I'm fine with either option, personally." Diode added, getting into a stance and holding the blade with both hands above his shoulder.

At this, I just laughed. "Reason for existing? Let me tell you something: there is no good reason we exist. We're accidents, freaks of nature. The only reason we're kept around in the first place is because we are apparently interesting. We have no reason to exist and our lives have no impact on anyone outside of these walls. Our existence is meaningless."

"That seems... defeatist." A crueler part of me wanted to ask this rahk why they didn't just kill themselves, if they thought their life was so meaningless, but I held back from making such a callous retort. "But if you're right, and there's no reason for us to be this way, then doesn't it fall to us to create a reason? We have the agency to make our own choices, so we can choose to give ourselves a purpose... were it not for the Makuta denying us and the rest of the universe the right to make those choices."

"We can make our own choices? Perhaps we have the ability to. You're not wrong about that. But if you don't have the power or the mind to protect your freedom, then when it comes to a greater power, you are the slave to their choices, and you become powerless to fight for those rights. That's just how the world works. And the Makuta are far, far stronger than us." I say bitterly, remembering that blasted psycho who killed Nightmare. I clench my fist in anger.

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

IC: Door - Vs Kavinka

Door winced in pain as his faceplates and snout were harmed further, but the moment the Kavinika hit thr floor, Door was right on it, bringing his foot up to stomp its neck with all the force he could muster. And if that worked, he'd do it again. And again...

-

IC: Dormirahk - Hallways

Having hidden the paper and writing implements within their armour, Dormirahk opted for a more private locale to practice their poster making, making their way down the school's hallways.

OOC: Dormirahk OFI

"They may be stronger than us, but even the Makuta have limits." I countered, leaning a little closer to the others at the table, "If they were all-powerful, they wouldn't need Rahkshi or Visorak, and they definitely wouldn't be stuck in a decade-long war with a band of mercenaries." 

IC: Crate - Good Dog

I almost cringe as Door finishes the final rahi.

The urge to yell at Door for letting the animals get so close to me emerges.

I consider the circumstances, and for once, let the admittedly rather indtimidating rahkshi be.

"...well done." I mumble, coughing directly after it. I almost hope he doesn't hear it.

IC: Door - Team 3

Door breathed heavily and after the amount of effort he'd just had to exert. He looked around the room, making sure all of the Kavinika were dead. "I think that's... all of them..." He said, panting in between words. He growled as he touched his mangled faceplates, where bite marks now adorned the snout. "That's gonna sting later. Everyone alright?" He asked, looking about and noticing one teammate missing. "Where's Floor?"

Reda thought it over for just a moment. No assisted dodges. An interesting challenge. "I accept."

And with those words she unfurled her whips, cracking them as she turned to face Vigilem.

IC: Tear - Gym Maze (Team 3)

From the doorway, Tear looks up the building. "I thought he followed me down here. The coward is probably still hiding atop the roof."

IC: Orloc and Dissent - Refectory

"Their vast armies are not to oppress us, they are to oppose forces far beyond any of our capability to confront or even imagine. These masters of ours have power enough at their fingertips to keep us in check." Orloc decided finally to push their bowl of half-eaten gruel away, decidedly no longer hungry for it.

"That doesn't mean we should just give up and let them control us. Just because it seems difficult doesn't mean we shouldn't resist, shouldn't fight. We have our own thoughts, our own dreams and desires. I for one won't just sit idly by while the Makuta crush those into dust." Dissent folded her arms and huffed.

"Then you've already sealed your own fate." Orloc said, their tone one of regret and sadness rather than irritation.

IC: Door - Team 3

Door growled, picking up his mace before strutting menacingly toward the doorway, though clearly not toward Tear. "I'd like to have a word that no-show." He said in what obviously wasn't a pleased tone. For a moment, though, upon reaching the doorway, he turned around, glaring at Crate. "You did alright." He then resumed his advance out the door and onto the street, where he looked up and around for Floor. He turned to Tear. "Where did you see him last?"

Edited by Onaku

IC: Tear - Gym Maze (Team 3)

"On the roof, exactly as we were told," Tear grumbled.

Reda scoffed as she darted to the side of the telegraphed blow, snapping her thorned whips at Vigilem's legs as she passed for good measure.

GM IC:

While the three remaining members of Team Three speculated about their missing compatriot, the distant rumble of the enclosing wall had grown to an alarming roar. Now buildings at the end of the street began to collapse, revealing the thundering glacier of stone bearing down not far away. If Floor hadn't been crushed or eaten, his team realized, he'd just have to catch up later - right now, they should probably head toward the shrinking city's center...

Other groups who had avoided action on the city outskirts - like Waiata and Slif, or Misery and her remaining allies Thud and Mute - would soon realize the wall was bearing down on them, too. And as all these groups moved inward, some were bound to collide eventually...

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Shield - Healing

I resisted the urge to wince when Fletch began to operate on my suit. Both out of pain, and in discomfort. 

I call out to Fang, a very slight hint of fear in my voice. "Stay."

Fang and I didn't know each other particularly well, but I trusted him to be able to protect me if this turned out to be more than just a checkup.

IC: Paladin - Protection

He aimed a stab to the now backing up energy hound's eye, protecting his fellow servant. 

Edited by Dane.