Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

What I mean is, if people can now make weapons out of the gym, what's to stop them from creating simple staffs or shields or whatever to conveniently block an attack they would've had no other way of avoiding? 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Then again, we're talking about Rahkshi - a species we've repeatedly seen demonstrate the ability to punch through stone.

I might imagine the bigger issue might be beating your weaponry to Karz by smashing it against rocks, depending on what sort of weapon it actually is. Hammers, thicker swords, clubs and the like would probably be okay, but if you have a thinner sword or staff it could be damaged if you're not careful about hitting rocks with it.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Hm... if Percy can do that, then anyone can... and that opens up a whole slew of potential weapon-ex-machina situations with people magically rearming themselves at the most convenient moments...

Or they could make sentries that only focus on the other fighters.

While this sounds like a possible endless combat mission for the Rahkshi(and perhaps a very cool assignment), I don't thin Ultron would be too happy with any of this being pulled in the middle of combat. Currently you've got giant metal machines that can punch through stone; that's pretty good as is.

Plus I think we're given a huge advantage when we can summon lava from the floor anyway.

Have you ever tried to shatter a rock without using a sledgehammer? Because let me tell you, rock is not easy to break. Otherwise it wouldn't have been used to build castles and stuff.

Really though, the main concern is when it should start trying to eat Percy's hand. :P

Well, it's pretty easy to break when it's a long staff with maybe an inch of diameter. And the breaker happens to be a Rahkshi.

Really though, the main concern is when it should start trying to eat Percy's hand. :P

Will it, though? I mean, if it's no longer connected to the rest of the school, it's dead, isn't it? Someone's arm doesn't keep trying to hit you if you cut it off, so likely the piece of the gym is just a useless lump of rock now, at least until it gets dropped and reabsorbed. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Will it, though? I mean, if it's no longer connected to the rest of the school, it's dead, isn't it? Someone's arm doesn't keep trying to hit you if you cut it off, so likely the piece of the gym is just a useless lump of rock now, at least until it gets dropped and reabsorbed.

I don't think sentient rock works quite like that - it doesn't have any centralized organs or intelligence, so any given fragment should be equally sentient. Separated from the rest of the school, I'd think it would become more hungry, because it's not hooked up to power supplies any more.

Exactly. Most likely, the issue is "how long before it eats Percy's weapon".

Phoenix, I have a question for you.

Have you ever tried to shatter a rock without using a sledgehammer? Because let me tell you, rock is not easy to break. Otherwise it wouldn't have been used to build castles and stuff.

I meant that the staff Percy made was shatterable because he described it as long and thin. Just my opinion.

Also Alex, I edited the post.

~After they make Styrofoam, what do they ship it in?~

Name: Sugil, The Saint.

Variation: Mind Reading. 

Level: 2.

Gear: The Sunstaff, a golden sceptre whose mace-like head is studded with cruel spikes of hardened, sharpened lightstone.

Appearance: Of average height, he is imposing and regal. Clad in purple and gold, this rahk’s armour is all overlapping plates and elegant curves, his golden spines smooth and angular, his shining claws immaculately sharpened. His faceplate is unique, a complicated custom design of segmented plates that fit together to resemble a visor, concealing his eyes and expression from those he deems unworthy to gaze upon his holy visage. Emblazed on his shoulders is the symbol for the gothic letter after which he is named.

Personality: As with many of his siblings spawned of the Steltian Makuta, Sugil possesses a unique and noteworthy flaw – in his case, a sadistic superiority complex. While the new breed are undoubtedly greater than their basic brethren, he believes himself to be an order of magnitude greater than even they. Haughty and arrogant, he has a passion for inflicting pain, claiming that only through suffering can other new breed rahks be allowed to ascend to his height of purity.

Bio: He developed a fascination with his species early on, trying to discern what it was that made new breed rahks different from the normal variety. In the end, though, he realised he didn’t really care why they were better. All that mattered to him was that he was better. Realising that his breed had a higher resistance to light, he decided to see how far he could push that boundary, walking in open daylight whenever he could, allowing lightvines to grow in his room, and regularly handling lightstones. As time went by, his tolerance for both light and pain increased greatly, fuelling his beliefs of self-superiority. In time, he decided there was little more for him to accomplish in his home, and left for Corpus Rahkshi, to test his mettle against other new breed Rahkshi, and see if any others had reached his level of ascendancy.

MOC: http://i.imgur.com/mJvq772.png

Approved.

And Kylo's right about severing bits of the Gym to use as weapons. Breaking a bit off like Percy did is like splitting an amoeba; the bit you have isn't dead like a toenail clipping, its still living, sentient rock with a habit of eating everything that it touches. Try and use it as a sword staff and its just going to start eating the staff you've stuck it on (and probably you) because you've split it from the mechanisms that normally keep it sated. Its a pretty bad idea, overall

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Try and use it as a sword staff and its just going to start eating the staff you've stuck it on (and probably you) because you've split it from the mechanisms that normally keep it sated. Its a pretty bad idea, overall

This makes Flabbergaster's plates totally useless, as they would eat the food that was on them.

Talk about a diet.

Yes well, I think I'll stick to not using the gym as weaponry, like a sensible person. 

Edited by Nato Greavesy

Name: Kavinav

Variation: Adaptation

Level: 2

Gear: Kavinav carries around a chain whip  and a streamlined wood triple boomerang. He enjoys wood carving and keeps a set of tools in his dorm for such a purpose.

Appearance: Kavinav is average height for a Rahkshi. He has meticulously painted himself a dull grey and put little silver symbols on his wrist.

Personality: Kavinav is fairly flexible is most things, and will go out of his way to avoid conflict. He's not easily insulted, but can be offput with regards to remarks about his carving or general unwillingness to fight. Despite his dislike of violence, Kavinav is excellent at tactical anylysis, due to his lvl 2 abilities, and any trick that works of him once will not work a second time.

Bio: Kavinav's Makuta was one of the more reasonable ones, giving his Rahkshi a little more freedom than others. Kavinav mainly found a proverbial corner,(His carving) and hid in it. His Makuta sent him to COrpus to broaden his knowledge. Kavinav is willing to do that.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Name: Kavinav

Variation: Adaptation

Level: 2

Gear: Kavinav carries around a chain whip  and a streamlined wood triple boomerang. He enjoys wood carving and keeps a set of tools in his dorm for such a purpose.

Appearance: Kavinav is average height for a Rahkshi. He has meticulously painted himself a dull grey and put little silver symbols on his wrist.

Personality: Kavinav is fairly flexible is most things, and will go out of his way to avoid conflict. He's not easily insulted, but can be offput with regards to remarks about his carving or general unwillingness to fight. Despite his dislike of violence, Kavinav is excellent at tactical anylysis, due to his lvl 2 abilities, and any trick that works of him once will not work a second time.

Bio: Kavinav's Makuta was one of the more reasonable ones, giving his Rahkshi a little more freedom than others. Kavinav mainly found a proverbial corner,(His carving) and hid in it. His Makuta sent him to COrpus to broaden his knowledge. Kavinav is willing to do that.

Approved.

I'm going to try and get the rebel group moving onto their quest ASAP, but this virus is just leaving me exhausted all the time, its hard for me to do anything but sleep right now

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I'm going to try and get the rebel group moving onto their quest ASAP, but this virus is just leaving me exhausted all the time, its hard for me to do anything but sleep right now

I feel for you. I am still trying desperately to fight off the remnants of a week-long cold with one of the worst sore throats ever.

No, it's alright. It gives us plenty of time to try to work out the many issues...

And happy late birthday to Corpus! Hope we have another year or two coming. :D

So many games dropping dead recently, yet Corpus just steps over their corpses and keeps on keeping on. 

Yay Corpus!

• Upvote 1

I think this is one of the occasions where I'm glad to have slept through whatever it was that happened. 

• Upvote 3