Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

I'm not laughing either.  <_<

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Given that Chuck Norris jokes stopped being remotely amusing many, many years ago, I think my taste is perfectly fine. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Given that Chuck Norris jokes stopped being remotely amusing many, many years ago, I think my taste is perfectly fine.

(I talk in a british accent)

Then you good sir, have a lack in taste.

Then so do I, I guess.

You fools!

/Sips tee, gets shot in back/

Ya imposter! But yes I like Chuck Norris jokes. If you don't think it's funny that's perfectly fine.

Bens_Channel_Art.jpgThe Duke is AWESOME!!!! 

While I too still enjoy the occasional Chuck Norris joke from time to time, my time here has taught me that breaking the 4th Wall for whatever reason is usually frowned upon in the RPG scene.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC Kavinav:

Kavinav continued walking around, looking for his dorm. Kavinav having no clue where said dorm was, it wasn't long before he found the Refectory. Well, he was hungry anyway. Getting in line, he tapped the shoulder of the Rahkshi in front of him. "I don't suppose you could tell me how to get to the dorms?"

That's Kol by the way, sorry for not making it clear.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

How should my character (Tesla) talk to Call, who she met 2 months ago (real-life time) while it was few hours ago for Tesla? I mean, so many things happened and Call is just talking about it. Should Tesla avoid Call?

At some point, I'll suddenly go on hiatus. I'm sorry for that.

Nik, but still pronounced as Nick

The Great Vakama or Clue official topic

IC: Taltrun

Taltrun again maneuvered. Yanking his sword out of Exxan's hand, he attempted to kick in a, "Vital Location"

I believe that's an autohit.

Given that the sword isn't even in Exxan's hand, it's not an autohit, nor does it make sense. 

Taltrun again maneuvered. Yanking his sword out of Exxan's hand, he attempted to kick in a, "Vital Location"

Given that the sword isn't even in Exxan's hand, it's not an autohit, nor does it make sense. 

It's not in his hand? 

Hmm... well... I'm confused then.

It's not in his hand? 

Hmm... well... I'm confused then.

So am I. But Taltrun has his sword out of, whatever it was in so there.

But it wasn't in anything. And I really don't understand how Taltrun has been "maneuvering" his way out of all of Exxan's attacks, especially this most recent one given that it was fired towards centre of mass from less than a foot away. 

But it wasn't in anything. And I really don't understand how Taltrun has been "maneuvering" his way out of all of Exxan's attacks, especially this most recent one given that it was fired towards centre of mass from less than a foot away.

Well you got to maunver the punch, and the sword swing, and the door-kicking, so I get to maneuver your stuff. Deal with it.

That... that's not how it works... Not allowing you to kick down a door when it was impossible for you to do so is perfectly reasonable and within the rules, as is dodging a punch that came with plenty of advance warning and parrying a sword with another sword. 

On the other hand, Taltrun dodging near-point-blank attacks three times in a row with no explanation whatsoever as to how he's managing to do so is more than a little unreasonable. 

EDIT: Ninja'd by Chumpu. 

Edited by Nato Greavesy

Well you got to maunver the punch, and the sword swing, and the door-kicking, so I get to maneuver your stuff. Deal with it.

A punch is a punch. Going at significantly lower speeds than a blast of air. Taltrun is standing in a doorway. He can't exactly jump away from a blast of air. Either way, Exxan didn't dodge the door-kicking; the door kicking was impossible, therefore he never had to dodge within the confines of reality. Furthermore, you don't need much space to parry a sword- whereas you do need a decent bit to do a roll. 

Also, just for future reference- even if another player is breaking the rules, that doesn't give you permission to do so as well. Look at Nato- even when Taltrun was running rampant with autohits, Nato never once autohit Taltrun.

Also Nato isn't breaking any rules to protect Exxan. He's playing perfectly fine.

Edited by Kylo Ren

VBWj75sh.png

That isn't really how it works. Fighting in TBRPGs isn't some sort of fair exchange 'I'll take your hit if you take mine' deal. If you can feasibly dodge a strike, you do, but if there's no reasonable way to do so, you've got to be hit.

I think everyone will agree with me that Exxan's defenses were quite well justified and well within reason. Taltrun's 'maneuvers,' however, haven't been quite so. They're fighting in a tiny dorm room, there shouldn't be room for all these dodges, and even if there was, concussive air blasts move far too fast for anyone without supernatural speed to manage dodging them, no matter how well they explain it. And just saying Taltrun maneuvered isn't an explanation that's going to hold much water in any circumstances.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

A punch is a punch. Going at significantly lower speeds than a blast of air. Taltrun is standing in a doorway. He can't exactly jump away from a blast of air. Either way, Exxan didn't dodge the door-kicking; the door kicking was impossible, therefore he never had to dodge within the confines of reality. Furthermore, you don't need much space to parry a sword- whereas you do need a decent bit to do a roll. 

Also, just for future reference- even if another player is breaking the rules, that doesn't give you permission to do so as well. Look at Nato- even when Taltrun was running rampant with autohits, Nato never once autohit Taltrun.

Also Nato isn't breaking any rules to protect Exxan. He's playing perfectly fine.

I'm not autohitting anybody!

I asked him to edit that, and he did, so there's no need to bring that up again. 

Oh...tell that to him too because I wanna hurt something.

With all due respect, just because you "wanna hurt something" doesn't mean that me - or anyone else -is going to stand by and let you bend and break whatever rules you want in order to do so. 

Given that yesterday you couldn't even recall your own character's name, I'd perhaps suggest you revise the first post and re-familiarise yourself with the rules of fair play, and clarify any terms you don't understand before continuing with play. 

Oh...tell that to him too because I wanna hurt something.

With all due respect, just because you "wanna hurt something" doesn't mean that me - or anyone else -is going to stand by and let you bend and break whatever rules you want in order to do so. 

Given that yesterday you couldn't even recall your own character's name, I'd perhaps suggest you revise the first post and re-familiarise yourself with the rules of fair play, and clarify any terms you don't understand before continuing with play.

Ok. Also I was just talking like Duke Nukem. Please don't take it personaly.

Taltrun again maneuvered. Yanking his sword out of Exxan's hand, he attempted to kick in a, "Vital Location".

Taltrun stood up, holding his sword infront of him. "Bring it." Exxan could see the grenade tattoo on his right arm.

You know, when you post in interaction with someone, it's generally best to wait for them to respond before posting again. It would probably be appreciated if you redact the second of these to give Nato his chance to post as Exxan.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

I apologise for not making this clearer, although I assumed it was implied in all of this discussion, but I'd like to request that you edit that previous Taltrun post to something more within the realms of realism. 

I am for example playing my first TBRPG, so I am trying to avoid real fights and conflicts and such with my character. Actually, we (I and Tesla) are both learning to fight.

You should do the same: talk more than fight.

At some point, I'll suddenly go on hiatus. I'm sorry for that.

Nik, but still pronounced as Nick

The Great Vakama or Clue official topic

I am for example playing my first TBRPG, so I am trying to avoid real fights and conflicts and such with my character. Actually, we (I and Tesla) are both learning to fight.

You should do the same: talk more than fight.

Ok. If you bardge in and stop the fight I will but right now I'm kinda getting owned.

Which one?

This one, since I'm fairly certain all of this discussion has made it clear that Taltrun's magical maneuvering is unreasonable. 

I'm not entirely sure how that's relevant?