Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

... Except it's not rebellion at all. He's merely understanding that each Rahkshi is a unique entity, and has a choice as to who they want to be. He made his choice to be loyal, and he's sticking to that. He's not seeing the world as black and white now.

• Upvote 1

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

He may not be a rebel, but his train of thought makes it sound like he's drifting dangerously close to going down the rebel sympathiser route. Which Sliver would absolutely love, by the way...

• Upvote 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I, for one, thought it worked well. I like it.

Also, , Nato I wasn't expecting to have to do anything with Icarax for a while.

We'll mull it over and get a post for you asap, but, it might be a bit, so..... y'know.... patience and all that.

Also, hey, levels are a thing, guys, if you want em, let us know!

(mostly cause I don't want to be the first to petition for one cause I don't like the idea of using my new GM powers on myself first....)

• Upvote 1

Well... None of my characters really deserve a level, although Frog might be close, if he decides to join the peace group.

The only other one is Doubt, but absolutely nothing has been going on with him since forever.

Well... None of my characters really deserve a level, although Frog might be close, if he decides to join the peace group.

Frog might be close, if he decides to join the peace group.

Frog might be close

Frog

level

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

VBWj75sh.png

a level for malady would be amazing, she is a very, very, very deserving rahkshi, believe me

Feel free to supply us with a list of her deeds and accomplishments, and we'll get back to you at some point.

It's been a while since I've seen her in the game, and the search function only goes back so far.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

"Full disclosure: We're actually FBI." - An unnamed agent, perfectly willing to endanger the life of someone he's supposed to be guarding for Witness Protection, simply because some random guy (who totally wasn't a hitman or anything) knocked on the back doors of his vehicle and handed him a box of donuts laced with sedatives so he could come back later and steal his clothes.

And yeah, I sort of picked up on that... about ten seconds after I typed up my post and almost immediately decided that I was too lazy to change it.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

The BS01 Kraata Variations page only says that they are in constant communication with their respective Makuta when they reach Stage 6; whether this is executed via telepathy or Shadowspeak (how Makuta and Umarak communicated in G2, which I believe was also present in G1) is not explicitly stated.

Either way, if it was going to be implemented, I would assume that it would only be for conversational purposes, where the knowledge conveyed would be limited at best, but that's something we would still have to discuss. The Makuta are already OP enough as it is, however, so I'm not really looking to give them anything extra.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Current consensus is that we won't be implementing this at all with PCs, as it would mainly interfere with their newfound individuality and free will.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

I believe I read somewhere that Rahkshi, upon reaching level six, are able to mentally communicate with their Makuta, and do so at all times.

Do you think this should become an in-game feature? I'm definitely against it, because of all the complications.

Well, it's already been established that Makuta have zero influence or control over the new breed rahks like they would normal rahkshi, so I don't see why the Makuta would suddenly be able to exert this level of invasive influence when the rahks have almost reached their peak level of power. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Well, it's already been established that Makuta have zero influence or control over the new breed rahks like they would normal rahkshi, so I don't see why the Makuta would suddenly be able to exert this level of invasive influence when the rahks have almost reached their peak level of power.

According to BioSector1, it's a thing.

Doesn't mean we have to copy it.

Well, since no one else seems ready to, I'll be the first.

This is an official petition to grant Poly,  better known as Legion, a level......maybe two now that I've listed everything.....

His list of notable achievements include:

-Managing to not get in a fight with Fang after yelling at him

-Winning a fight with Dallior(who later died under mysterious circumstances, Poly took credit for the kill)

-Participated in the Essay assignment, did not do terribly well due to his exceptionally blunt responses.

-Slipping further into insanity, manifesting a third voice

-Gaining unerring loyalty from the schools -other- insane Rahkshi, Deadeye

-Participating in the 'Find Suvak' assignment (he made no progress)

-Managed to gain the services of Booger, though admittedly this never panned out.

-Took Dallior's dead body for.... various purposes.

-Managed to convince Booger to join his cause, though this again never panned out.

-Convinced Root he was not evil when let's be honest, he undeniably is.

-Stopped eating Refectory slop, convinced it was poisoning the minds of the Rahkshi

-Recruited Tube and Whakatio

-Placed Whakatio in Dallior's suit for a short time.

-Spent several hours in the same suit 

-Threw down a challenge in the gym using the empty suit of Dallior.

-Engaged in a (mostly) coherent conversation with Exxan.

-Managed to weird out -Shark- enough to make him wary of Poly

-Assisted Illusive in all but killing Blitz.

-Fought and lost against Illusive, forming an alliance with him and Venom.

-Assisted in the raid on Phantom-on-the-Water, killing several Matoran, knocking one unconscious, and infecting another after witnessing Illusive do it.

-set the unconscious Matoran loose in the academy, and attempted to rally the other Rahkshi into believing it was an attack, which ended up with more Rahkshi fighting each other than the Matoran.

-Initiated a spar with Vaalku, later realised he had only two limbs remaining, offered to give him a replacement suit.

-Managed to convince Vaalku to return with him and Deadeye to his room.

-Put Vaalku in the empty suit for several hours before sending him away to meditate for three days.

-Destroyed several Porters, Had The infected Matoran turn the into a sort of mech armor suit/disguise

-Returned Whatio's Wrist launchers to her.

-Stopped Deadeye from killing Vaalku simply by threatening to 'remove his freedom'

-Managed to aptly control the Matoran in battle while also fighting an opponent.

-The Matoran Fought Sun to a standstill, only retreating when it was clear Poly was in danger.

-Fought Mortisia, the Battle was strongly in poly's favor.

-Fought Against Shock and Nightmare.

-Slipped even further into insanity, manifesting the 'truth' of death.

-Killed Nightmare in a single blow

-Was knocked out mid fight and kidnapped by Helix and Recherche.

-Slipped out of insanity for a short time while in their custody

-Produced several liters of poison for them, was given some chemical vials.

-General sneakiness, often blending in in plain sight

-general creepiness, often stepping into people's personal space, and climbing on the ceilings.

• Upvote 1

Well, since no one else seems ready to, I'll be the first.

This is an official petition to grant Poly,  better known as Legion, a level......maybe two now that I've listed everything.....

His list of notable achievements include:

-Managing to not get in a fight with Fang after yelling at him

-Winning a fight with Dallior(who later died under mysterious circumstances, Poly took credit for the kill)

-Participated in the Essay assignment, did not do terribly well due to his exceptionally blunt responses.

-Slipping further into insanity, manifesting a third voice

-Gaining unerring loyalty from the schools -other- insane Rahkshi, Deadeye

-Participating in the 'Find Suvak' assignment (he made no progress)

-Managed to gain the services of Booger, though admittedly this never panned out.

-Took Dallior's dead body for.... various purposes.

-Managed to convince Booger to join his cause, though this again never panned out.

-Convinced Root he was not evil when let's be honest, he undeniably is.

-Stopped eating Refectory slop, convinced it was poisoning the minds of the Rahkshi

-Recruited Tube and Whakatio

-Placed Whakatio in Dallior's suit for a short time.

-Spent several hours in the same suit 

-Threw down a challenge in the gym using the empty suit of Dallior.

-Engaged in a (mostly) coherent conversation with Exxan.

-Managed to weird out -Shark- enough to make him wary of Poly

-Assisted Illusive in all but killing Blitz.

-Fought and lost against Illusive, forming an alliance with him and Venom.

-Assisted in the raid on Phantom-on-the-Water, killing several Matoran, knocking one unconscious, and infecting another after witnessing Illusive do it.

-set the unconscious Matoran loose in the academy, and attempted to rally the other Rahkshi into believing it was an attack, which ended up with more Rahkshi fighting each other than the Matoran.

-Initiated a spar with Vaalku, later realised he had only two limbs remaining, offered to give him a replacement suit.

-Managed to convince Vaalku to return with him and Deadeye to his room.

-Put Vaalku in the empty suit for several hours before sending him away to meditate for three days.

-Destroyed several Porters, Had The infected Matoran turn the into a sort of mech armor suit/disguise

-Returned Whatio's Wrist launchers to her.

-Stopped Deadeye from killing Vaalku simply by threatening to 'remove his freedom'

-Managed to aptly control the Matoran in battle while also fighting an opponent.

-The Matoran Fought Sun to a standstill, only retreating when it was clear Poly was in danger.

-Fought Mortisia, the Battle was strongly in poly's favor.

-Fought Against Shock and Nightmare.

-Slipped even further into insanity, manifesting the 'truth' of death.

-Killed Nightmare in a single blow

-Was knocked out mid fight and kidnapped by Helix and Recherche.

-Slipped out of insanity for a short time while in their custody

-Produced several liters of poison for them, was given some chemical vials.

-General sneakiness, often blending in in plain sight

-general creepiness, often stepping into people's personal space, and climbing on the ceilings.

I don't think I would count all of these as "achievements"

Mostly "acts of unwanted creepiness and stabbiness"

Is this supposed to be a serious petition, or a joke example?

Because it comes across as the latter. 

If fighting other characters, or just having coherent conversations with them, is grounds enough for a level up, the GMs might as well just award a complementary level to every character in the game right now.

There are a few jokey additions, but on the whole, this is a very serious petition

Also, plenty of other characters have levelled up from fights, so I'm not sure why that seems weird to you?

Cao even levelled up from a fight he lost against Kat.

Also, given that the search bar exists, it took me not very much time at all.

EDIT: Additionally, if it were a joke, I'd have made it blatant, you know me. C'mon now.

Edited by Strider!

According to BioSector1, it's a thing.

Doesn't mean we have to copy it.

According to BS01, it is a thing. For canon Rahkshi.

Seeing as how pretty much every character belongs to the new breed, specifically noted by Wyrd to have more independence and free will in the opening post of the game, it wouldn't be that much of a stretch for this particular feature to be absent in the Level 6 Kraata that Corpus could potentially cultivate.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Two can play at this game... 

I'd like to formally request that Illusive receive a level up, for the following reasons:

• Alongside Cao, he found Suvak and won during the assignment on Malebranche. 
  • He was the first character in the game to figure out how to infect a Matoran's mask, and later used this skill to smuggle four Matoran into the school to make it seem like the Matoran were attempting to attack the school. 
  • His constant guerrilla attacks on Phantom-on-the-Water (and the Matoran's retaliation) were major catalysts for the arrival of the Dark Hunter Phantom, and Gorast's subsequent annihilation of the village.
  • He led a number of other rahks on a raid against a Matoran mining settlement (while the mission itself was a disaster, I'd like to think the fact that a maniacal mute was able to lead a coordinated operation is kind of impressive). 
  • After some time working with them, he was able to control multiple Matoran simultaneously in a fight against several other rahkshi, and later used one as a mouthpiece
  • His creative use of infected Matoran was significant enough that he recieved personal recognition from Icarax for it. 
Edited by The Good Guys
  • Upvote 1

Alright, fair enough.

Here's a revised list, now that I've had more time to look through the topic:

• Taught several other students about how to infect masks and control Matoran.
  • Led a group of fellow students in a raid against a Matoran mining settlement.
  • With practice, was able to simultaneously control and coordinate six infected Matoran with relative success. 
  • Managed to use one of the infected Matoran as a mouthpiece to communicate.
  • Was given (read: blackmailed into) a special mission from Icarax to locate missing students. 
  • Received personal recognition from the headmaster for his use of infected Matoran. 

...Wait, those are the requirements? Existing and doing stuff?

That basically means Vaalku is as ready as anyone. :/ Well, I'm pretty sure we're all going to regret this...

-Incapacitated Omega with one blow

-Convinced Fang to make him throwable knuckle-dusters

-Managed to tick off every single person he came in contact with - including Palma

-Partially adjusted to a secondary suit offered to him by Poly

-Survived getting hit with a net launcher and having two limbs torn off and one side being badly mangled

-Constructed a harp with metal strings and frame, with only one hand

-Survived repeatedly being stabbed, beaten, mashed, and etc.

-Is one of the small handful of Rahks aware of the disappearance of Fang, Kat, Cao, Xara, Shield, and Snake

-Has won second place in the mainland mission, ten feet from his target

-Has been in eleven fights, only partially winning a few and losing the rest

And uh... That's it.

OK, my hyperactive imagination has come up with more character ideas to use here.

(imagination pls stahp)

NAME: Pyle

VARIATION: Chameleon

LEVEL: 2

GEAR:

• The Shankers- An odd pair of weapons, consisting of hide gloves with small knives held in between the fingers by metal sockets.

APPEARANCE: As a Rahkshi of Chameleon, Pyle's natural armor coloration is crimson.  He has flamboyant gold markings around his eyes, shoulders, knees, and spines.  His natural Rahkshi hunch is noticeably greater than other students'.  Of note is his second, almost vestigial-looking second set of gold spines; whether these are a result of personal tampering or a birth defect is unknown.

PERSONALITY: Pyle likes to think that his mind is as slippery and sneaky as his powers.  He imagines his skill at swindling and hustling other students out of weapons, gear, money, or time is second to none.  In reality, his methods are about as subtle as an axe to the head and mainly consist of threatening to hit students with The Shankers if they don't give him what he wants.  (He's actually had to do that a few times.)  This has left him generally disliked by the majority of the student body.  He has an intermittent habit of wringing his hands, especially when he's trying to be subtle.

BIO:  Pyle was considered too much of an extortionist, even by his Makuta's standards, so he was sent to Corpus Rahkshi.  The hope was that he'd start becoming more subtle in his swindling.

NAME: Oshi

VARIATION: Mind Reading

GEAR:

• Fleur- A short sword with a flower carved into the pommel.

APPEARANCE: As a Rahkshi of Mind Reading, Oshi's natural armor coloration is lavender.  Flowers are carved into her shoulders, kneepads, chestplate, and even on top of her head.  Two red stripes are painted across her right eye.

PERSONALITY: "Oh God they're all out to get me oh God oh God oh God" would be an apt description of Oshi.  She is extremely paranoid, and will go out of her way to avoid other students.  This is likely due to her inability to fully control her Mind Reading abilities; they will involuntarily trigger, allowing her to briefly detect the twisted minds of her fellow students.  She doesn't know how to cope with the initial rush of aggression and hate she detects, so she simply assumes that whoever she discovered wants to hurt her and tries to distance herself as best she can.

BIO: Oshi was intended to be her Makuta's "canary in the coalmine," if you will; her task was to sniff out enemies and gauge their feelings to determine if any traps had been laid for her Makuta.  When she first tried this, however, she encountered a whirlwind of emotions, most of which were centered around hatred, bloodlust, and greed.  She couldn't handle or understand what she detected, but they ended up disturbing her nonetheless, reducing her to a paranoiac of the most extreme variety.  She was shipped off to Corpus Rahkshi in the hopes that she would eventually overcome her fear of others.  Needless to say, it hasn't worked out yet.

NAME: Exigent

VARIATION: Gravity

GEAR:

• Spear- A navy blue-shafted spear with an ornately carved silver head.
  • Shinken Shuriken- A set of four-bladed throwing stars.

APPEARANCE: As a Rahkshi of Gravity, Exigent's natural armor coloration is silver.  He has a ring of navy blue around the edges of his raised collar armor and kneepads.  The Matoran character for "5" is etched on his shoulders, because he was the fifth Rahkshi that his Makuta produced.  He is as thin as a rail.  He wears a pair of spectacles on the end of his "nose."  (Purely for show, of course.)  Two thin golden rings are on his left pinky finger, and one thick golden ring is on his right middle finger.

PERSONALITY: Behind Exigent's cool, calm, and collected demeanor lies perhaps one of the most twisted minds in the whole of Corpus Rahkshi.  He compares the screams of the tormented to beautiful music, and would gladly sip tea and read philosophy books among the corpses of his victims.  Each time he encounters someone, he immediately imagines them dying in a most horrible way.  He'd gladly make that horrible death a reality himself, except for the fact that he is a massive germophobe.

BIO: Exigent was probably his Makuta's greatest achievement.  Right from the start, Exigent displayed his ability to carry out gruesome tasks without any second thoughts; a truly evil "son" for a truly evil being.  However, during a particularly nasty assignment, he accidentally swallowed some blood from a dying victim and contracted a debilitating disease.  This disease was the reason that he became a germophobe when he healed.  He refused to touch another being, for fear of becoming infected again.  Exigent's Makuta shipped him off to Corpus Rahkshi to temper the fear of germs out of him.

Edited by Scrubbish

...Wait, those are the requirements? Existing and doing stuff?

That basically means Vaalku is as ready as anyone. :/ Well, I'm pretty sure we're all going to regret this...

-Incapacitated Omega with one blow

-Convinced Fang to make him throwable knuckle-dusters

-Managed to tick off every single person he came in contact with - including Palma

-Partially adjusted to a secondary suit offered to him by Poly

-Survived getting hit with a net launcher and having two limbs torn off and one side being badly mangled

-Constructed a harp with metal strings and frame, with only one hand

-Survived repeatedly being stabbed, beaten, mashed, and etc.

-Is one of the small handful of Rahks aware of the disappearance of Fang, Kat, Cao, Xara, Shield, and Snake

-Has won second place in the mainland mission, ten feet from his target

-Has been in eleven fights, only partially winning a few and losing the rest

And uh... That's it.

i think mu should gain a level, he's done nothing but get into fights which he's been pretty at tbh

spot the difference

o wait there aren't any

• Upvote 1

VBWj75sh.png

Existing and doing stuff is all this game is.

As I recall, it was a single cordak that blew off Vaalku's limbs, and that was Ultron punishing you for not playing fairly. You'll understand if I don't exactly count that.

I'm also still not convinced he actually managed to make the harp, and.... In fact I don't recall him ever actually finishing it.

What do you mean by him being aware of the missing students? He wasn't in on the rebellion IIRC, is this more that he's realized he hasn't seen any of them in a while?

I'd have to go back, but the nearly finding Suvak would certainly be progress to a level, as would the many fights. IMO, anyway.

Illusive is definitely well on his way to a level up in my opinion, and I have a few ideas about that that I'll bring up in PM.

Onto character approvals!

Pyle seems fine, but I'm not sure I'm good on those revolver zamors. Could you explain a bit more about them, and what the effects of the zamors they shoot are?

Oshi is similarly fine, though at level 2 I don't think her abilities would see too far into the minds of fellow students to see what you've described. That said, there's enough surface aggression in the general student body that if you changed the wording slightly is have no issue with the profile.

Exigency is NOT APPROVED. The complete lack of the Rahkshi hunch, coupled with the fact that widgets are basically worthless inside the walls of the academy are glaring issues.

Okay, just some quick updates:

NAME: Pyle

NAME: Oshi

NAME: Exigent

1. These we'll be mostly looking at independently over in our private discussion from now on. Other players will still be able to throw in their two cents here, which we will still be taking into consideration as well, but the main thing to take away from this is that now when one of us says that a profile is approved, it counts as an approval from all three of us, so you can just get straight to playing instead of waiting for a specific GM to come back online. We're also keeping track of the characters we do approve, and we're currently working on a way to get them added to the opening post in the Register.

2. Unfortunately, since we essentially know next to nothing about what was planned for the Rebellion/Hand of Spiriah interaction, we currently have no plans to continue this, and are instead opting to leave it in stasis until Wyrd is (hopefully) able to return. We apologise to everyone affected, but we feel that anything we do regarding that segment in particular might either cheapen the experience or muck it up entirely beyond recognition.

3. As for the leveling controversy that seems to have picked up, I just pitched a potential solution to my fellow GMs, so we're effectively still working on that as well. That being said, this is the way I currently see things:

Poly, better known as Legion

Basically within the range of a potential increase in level.

Illusive

Has some pretty substantial events listed, but seeing as to how there's only six of them, their combined efforts only succeed in placing him somewhere around the halfway mark. Also, since leveling is supposed to represent one pushing themselves beyond their current boundaries, those of higher levels should be required to earn a little more experience then they did last time, so the bar here has also been slightly raised a bit, and would continue to be that way for all characters above Level 2.

Vaalku

In agreement with Click here. Also, since the fights weren't individually listed, couldn't exactly get a good read on what had been accomplished, though so far, he's well below the halfway point.

Torch

Yes, I know it was a joke, but no, not even close. Nowhere near enough deeds and/or accomplishments listed to even justify having this conversation.

And just to clarify that we are actually trying our best to be fair here, I'll be throwing in one of my own as yet another example.

Rail:

- Fought Xara to a draw in his first ever PC-controlled fight while she was still Level 2.

- Blocked off the doors to the gym so Xara could get her claws on Vaalku, which led to a riot shortly before Silencer died.

- Resolved to be less of a #### ever since, which he's been upholding.

- Fought Mantis and snapped the actual physical spinal column of his suit shortly before he choked to death on his own spit in the Infirmary.

- Fought Booger for bullying a disabled Vaalku and removed a number of his fingers as punishment.

- Flawlessly disguised himself as Liar and infiltrated the group made up of Illusive, Venom, and Poly.

- Participated in their attack on the Matoran and helped them smuggle some into the school while undercover.

- Informed Icarax of said incident, thus leading to Illusive's subsequent blackmail.

- Put up wanted posters for Illusive, which, so far, only Illusive has reacted to.

- Gracefully accepted his loss to Glass after being unable to effectively react to/counter the effects of Terrortooth.

Status: Just over the halfway point. Still has quite a bit of experience left to obtain.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

I mentioned this to Scorp on Skype yesterday, but I figured I ought to bring it up here.

I can't help but feel that handing out level ups simply for getting into lots of fights is just going to encourage more people to ignore meaningful interaction and start causing pointless fights IC, in the hopes of being rewarded. 

Now that I think about it, it'd also put pacifist/unskilled characters at a serious disadvantage.

• Upvote 1

Exigent is NOT APPROVED. The complete lack of the Rahkshi hunch, coupled with the fact that widgets are basically worthless inside the walls of the academy are glaring issues.

Drat.  I knew something like that would eventually crop up.  Let me go back and fix it...

EDIT: Should be better now.

Edited by capMARVELOUS