Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Better late than never, I suppose...

I'm presuming this is where you put the profiles, yeah?

Ok, cool.

Name: Scorch

Variation: Plasma

Level: 2

Gear: Scorch owns a shortsword that he keeps strapped on a sheath which is attached flat to his lower back. He also owns a hardback copy of "To catch a gukko bird.".

Appearance: Scorch is predominantly cloudy grey, with bright mustard yellow eyes, and rust colored spines, hands, and feet. His plasma is a reddish tint. He is just short enough to be made fun of, but just tall enough to be taken somewhat seriously. He has a nasty looking scratch on his left shoulder, that he could not be asked to clean up.

Personality: Nice enough. Kind of a nerd, but will fight if pushed far enough. Enjoys board games.

Bio: After being all but ignored by his makuta, Scorch was very willing to join Corpus Rahkshi, anything to actually socialize and make friends outside of his very small batch. He packed his shortsword as a safety measure, and set off, on his way to social freedom.

Approved.

Name: Hush

Variation: Power Scream

Gear: Hush carries a staff with a small, simple blade at either end. At first glance this is a somewhat boring weapon, however, upon closer inspection, there is a lot more to it. Running down the back of the staff is a narrow slot, from which can be pulled a string, like that of a bow. When the string is pulled, the staff bends back into a bow-like position, thanks to it being composed of multiple interlocking segments. The staff will lock into this form once each segment is properly angled, but can be returned to its original state by pressing a button above the handgrip. She also carries a quiver of arrows for use with the bow.

Appearance: Hush is oddly small for a Rahkshi, the result of a deformation in the Kraata that would eventually become her armor. The limbs and body of her armor are a pale silver in colour, while her head, Kraata tank, hands and feet are varying shades of purple, from dark to light. The spines on her Kraata tank are short, narrow and numerous.

Personality: Hush is naturally antisocial, generally avoiding others and the world itself. Those around her will often see her as having a somewhat vacant look in her eyes, or mistake her for being somehow upset. However, while there is rarely a lot going on the outside of her armor, there is always a lot going on inside. Hush spends the majority of her time thinking, be it about personal matters or what she read earlier that day. Hush will even run through her opinions on things in her mind, despite rarely talking to others. That is another thing that makes Hush somewhat... unusual. Despite what her power would suggest, Hush never seems to talk to anyone, except to give short, even one word, answers to questions. It is this silent nature that earned her the name 'Hush'. But, despite her reclusive nature, Hush does not in fact seem to enjoy total solitude and she will often linger around other Rahkshi, even though she will not participate in conversation, not verbally at least.

Bio: Hush was seen as weak by her Makuta, due to her smaller than average size and refusal to participate in what was occurring around her. The Makuta even planned to have her killed, since she served no use to him. However, upon realising that she was yet another of those Kraata to be undergoing some form of evolution, it was decided that perhaps killing her was not the best idea and instead she was sent to the academy.

Also approved.

NAME: Exigent

VARIATION: Gravity

LEVEL: 2

GEAR:

• Spear- A navy blue-shafted spear with an ornately carved silver head.
  • Shinken Shuriken- A set of four-bladed throwing stars.

APPEARANCE: As a Rahkshi of Gravity, Exigent's natural armor coloration is silver.  He has a ring of navy blue around the edges of his raised collar armor and kneepads.  The Matoran character for "5" is etched on his shoulders, because he was the fifth Rahkshi that his Makuta produced.  He is as thin as a rail.  He wears a pair of spectacles on the end of his "nose."  (Purely for show, of course.)  Two thin golden rings are on his left pinky finger, and one thick golden ring is on his right middle finger.

PERSONALITY: Behind Exigent's cool, calm, and collected demeanor lies perhaps one of the most twisted minds in the whole of Corpus Rahkshi.  He compares the screams of the tormented to beautiful music, and would gladly sip tea and read philosophy books among the corpses of his victims.  Each time he encounters someone, he immediately imagines them dying in a most horrible way.  He'd gladly make that horrible death a reality himself, except for the fact that he is a massive germophobe.  Fortunately, being the "son" of a rather persuasive Makuta, he's picked up on the skill and can convince others to make real the suffering of those he deems fit for it.

BIO: Exigent was probably his Makuta's greatest achievement.  Right from the start, Exigent displayed his ability to carry out gruesome tasks without any second thoughts; a truly evil "son" for a truly evil being.  However, during a particularly nasty assignment, he accidentally swallowed some blood from a dying victim and contracted a debilitating disease.  This disease was the reason that he became a germophobe when he healed.  He refused to touch another being, for fear of becoming infected again.  Exigent's Makuta shipped him off to Corpus Rahkshi to temper the fear of germs out of him.

Looks good now. Approved.

Oshi still needs to be toned down a little. As for Pyle, we'd prefer it if he only had a single, cartridged Zamor Launcher. The ammo is fine now, though.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Fixed the ZamoRevolver; there's only one, and it's cartridged now.

Oshi still needs to be toned down a little.

Elaborate, please.

Fixed the ZamoRevolver; there's only one, and it's cartridged now.

Oshi still needs to be toned down a little.

Elaborate, please.

Oshi is similarly fine, though at level 2 I don't think her abilities would see too far into the minds of fellow students to see what you've described. That said, there's enough surface aggression in the general student body that if you changed the wording slightly is have no issue with the profile.

Mind Reading abilities are as follows:

Stage 1: Instinctive empathic ability prevents easy capture.

Stage 2: Has the ability to detect and seek out nearby creatures for infection.

So basically, she'd only be able to pick others out of hiding by locating their minds, and have an easier time avoiding ambushes and traps due to the feelings of whoever set them. Otherwise, we're fine with everything else, including the surface aggression. The problem we're having here is simply that your profile seems to state that she's establishing much more of a connection then she really should be at this point, and this is really only because of the current wording.

As for Pyle, I'll go spread the word that he's received some edits.

Edit: Scorp noted that you did not change the weapon specifically into a cartridged Zamor Launcher (nor remove the revolver bits), and Sergei would like to point out that ammo for such a weapon would be significantly rarer than normal projectiles, so you'd likely have to collect and reuse them. Saying that they're also solid metal would probably also go a long way.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I'm also still not convinced he actually managed to make the harp, and.... In fact I don't recall him ever actually finishing it.

What do you mean by him being aware of the missing students? He wasn't in on the rebellion IIRC, is this more that he's realized he hasn't seen any of them in a while?

I'd have to go back, but the nearly finding Suvak would certainly be progress to a level, as would the many fights. IMO, anyway.

Harp: It's most of the way finished, and was green-lighted by Ultron. I can understand if you dismiss it, though

Students: Overheard discussion about contempt, was there for the majority of the fights they got into, talks they had, etc etc. It wouldn't be too hard for even him to piece together why they vanished.

I can't help but feel that handing out level ups simply for getting into lots of fights is just going to encourage more people to ignore meaningful interaction and start causing pointless fights IC, in the hopes of being rewarded. 

Now that I think about it, it'd also put pacifist/unskilled characters at a serious disadvantage.

And what was 90% of this game? pointless fights IC?? No way.

It's not a so much of a matter as 'did you win or not?' as much as 'why did you fight?'. If it was in-character, fitting the personality of the one fighting, it should count. If it was because someone's being a jerk elsewhere on BZP and you feel like you must take out your revenge on them here, then that's just plain stupid.

It's not a so much of a matter as 'did you win or not?' as much as 'why did you fight?'. If it was in-character, fitting the personality of the one fighting, it should count. 

That's a very easy argument for you to make, given the way it's apparently in-character for every single one of your PCs to go around stirring arguments and getting into fights. 

Illusive

Has some pretty substantial events listed, but seeing as to how there's only six of them, their combined efforts only succeed in placing him somewhere around the halfway mark. 

I didn't think to address this earlier, but as I've said, I personally don't believe generic, simple fights are grounds enough to justify a level up, so the only things I listed for Illusive were achievements and accomplishments that stood out as being unique or interesting. 

If I were to go through and list every single trauma and fight he's endured since his first level up, the list would be significantly longer.

Edited by The Good Guys

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

That's a very easy argument for you to make, given the way it's apparently in-character for every single one of your PCs to go around stirring arguments and getting into fights.

Except that, for the majority of them... It is.

Can you please come up with a better argument than 'everyting you do is biased'? It's annoying at the least, and you've said it so many times I don't see why you bother.

Alright, you know, I think I've stated and backed up my stance on the fight/levels issue clear enough, so I don't see much point in reiterating or defending it any further.

I've given my opinion, it's ultimately up to the GMs whether they chose to take it or leave it. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

While I didn't quite understand exactly what you were saying, Timageness, I tried my best to go back and edit Oshi with the information that you gave me.  I hope it'll do.

On another note, Pyle's ZamoRevolver is actually cartridged now, and the projectiles are solid metal.

Name: Atem

Variation: Teleportation

Gear: Two lightweight but strong swords. Dark concealing clothing that hide most bodily features, aside from the spine. Silencing boots with claws at the end that can be used to hang to walls and ceilings. Work best in conjunction with spiked gloves for maximum effectiveness in hanging to walls or ceilings.

Appearance: Eyes are a vibrant violet. All other features aside from the dark purple spine are concealed by the dark clothing. A smidge smaller than average, and very slim.

Personality: Ninja. No honour. Extremely violent when in combat. Has no concept of mercy. Tends to stay to the sidelines most of the time though.

Bio: When Atem was but a kraata, its makuta mistreated it with constant torturous experiments. This left it... somewhat disturbed. After getting a suit, it mastered the art of wall walking and the way of the sword, and after killing one of its siblings in a disagreement, left for Corpus rahkshi.

Okay, this is getting ridiculous.

First of all, we're not handing out levels soley based on how much a character fights; in fact, if you go back and actually check out the last twenty or so posts, we haven't been approving anything even related to leveling at all yet, because *gasp* we're still working things out. We've literally had this gig for 17 days, and none of us were looking over Wyrd's shoulder while he was designing the game, so we're probably going to be typing stuff up that other people don't necessarily agree with from time to time, which is okay, because we have some pretty big shoes to fill. But the fact of the matter is this; none of us are Wyrd, we're not going around pretending to be, and some of our actions aren't always going to fall within the parameters of what everyone expects he would've done. Assuming otherwise is pretty much just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Scorp took the time to post what he thought was an acceptabe example of a leveling request, and I provided my opinion on what I considered to be a reasonable assessment of how far certain characters were progressing. At no point did we specify that anything we were typing regarding this topic had been set in stone. This was literally just our way of running things by everyone, and honestly, if it was really our intention to try and screw you all over, we could've just as easily half-##### everything and stonewalled all the petitions sent our way, not to mention blatantly ignore new profiles being submitted for approval. Were mistakes made on that front? Probably, but as Matau stated in Web of Shadows, "that's what happens when you're brave enough to make decisions."

As for the fights themselves, that was likely due to a tiny bit of impatience on our part; a lot of us have characters that we've long since considered to be "Perpetually Level 2" (Rail was originally posted in this topic 302 pages ago, just to provide everyone with at least some idea of what I'm getting at), and their inclusion was probably born from some misguided attempt to counter the activity gap between the players who had their characters level multiple times and those who had yet to have one of their characters receive one at all. Was it a bad way to go about things? Yeah. Were we actively trying to diminish everybody else's accomplishments? Of course not. Did it end up panning out? No. As such, we've already begun attempting to revise this yet again, which is a whole lot harder than it sounds, given that we also knew next to nothing about how experience was supposed to be previously tallied out.

So with that being said, we'd all greatly appreciate it if you'd take a mere second of your time to show us a little leniency before rushing off to grab your pitchforks and torches when we do something wrong.

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Name: Atem

Variation: Teleportation

Gear: Two lightweight but strong swords. Dark concealing clothing that hide most bodily features, aside from the spine. Silencing boots with claws at the end that can be used to hang to walls and ceilings. Work best in conjunction with spiked gloves for maximum effectiveness in hanging to walls or ceilings.

Appearance: Eyes are a vibrant violet. All other features aside from the dark purple spine are concealed by the dark clothing. A smidge smaller than average, and very slim.

Personality: Ninja. No honour. Extremely violent when in combat. Has no concept of mercy. Tends to stay to the sidelines most of the time though.

Bio: When Atem was but a kraata, its makuta mistreated it with constant torturous experiments. This left it... somewhat disturbed. After getting a suit, it mastered the art of wall walking and the way of the sword, and after killing one of its siblings in a disagreement, left for Corpus rahkshi.

I have to ask, why clothes?

Cloth muffles movement if it's correctly used. For example, socks can actually silence the sound of footsteps rather than increase it like shoes. Another example is how cloth would likely absorb some of the sound from a biomechanical being's joints/servos. So all around, correctly applied clothing can give an advantage in stealth.

• Upvote 1

Vyper and Vlad both own cloaks, and I think someone has a scarf or something?

There's probably others I'm forgetting as well. 

If you mean inside the school, the closest thing is the Porters which only deliver messages given to them by a staff member or Prefect. Otherwise, it isn't all that hard to slip a paper into their dorm.

Outside the school... most likely not. The only ones who want to meet Rahkshi are the Makuta and they have plenty of better ways to get messages to their children.

While I didn't quite understand exactly what you were saying, Timageness, I tried my best to go back and edit Oshi with the information that you gave me.  I hope it'll do.

On another note, Pyle's ZamoRevolver is actually cartridged now, and the projectiles are solid metal.

Okay, fair enough. Let me try to be clearer.

We essentially want you to change these:

NAME: Pyle

VARIATION: Chameleon

GEAR:

• The Shankers- An odd pair of weapons, consisting of hide gloves with small knives held in between the fingers by metal sockets.
  • ZamoRevolver- Despite its name, it's not a revolver.  A small firearm with the ability to fire four Zamor Sphere-sized solid metal projectiles before needing a fresh cartridge.

APPEARANCE: As a Rahkshi of Chameleon, Pyle's natural armor coloration is crimson.  He has flamboyant gold markings around his eyes, shoulders, knees, and spines.  A fanged, smiling mouth is painted around his actual mouth.  His natural Rahkshi hunch is noticeably greater than other students'.

PERSONALITY: Pyle likes to think that his mind is as slippery and sneaky as his powers.  He imagines his skill at swindling and hustling other students out of weapons, gear, money, or time is second to none.  In reality, his methods are about as subtle as an axe to the head and mainly consist of threatening to hit students with The Shankers if they don't give him what he wants.  (He's actually had to do that a few times.)  This has left him generally disliked by the majority of the student body.  He has an intermittent habit of wringing his hands.  He has a more consistent habit of making song references.

BIO:  Pyle was considered too much of an extortionist, even by his Makuta's standards, so he was sent to Corpus Rahkshi.  The hope was that he'd start becoming more subtle in his swindling.

NAME: Oshi

VARIATION: Mind Reading

GEAR:

• Fleur- A short sword with a flower carved into the pommel.

APPEARANCE: As a Rahkshi of Mind Reading, Oshi's natural armor coloration is lavender.  Flowers are carved into her shoulders, kneepads, chestplate, and even on top of her head.  Two red stripes are painted across her right eye.

PERSONALITY: "Oh God they're all out to get me oh God oh God oh God" would be an apt description of Oshi.  She is extremely paranoid, and will go out of her way to avoid other students.  This is likely due to her inability to fully control her Mind Reading abilities; they will involuntarily trigger, allowing her to see briefly into the twisted minds of her fellow students.  Every time this happens, she gets hit with an initial wave of aggression and hatred from the student whose mind she is reading.  She doesn't know how to cope with this initial rush of thoughts, so she simply assumes that whoever she was Mind Reading is out to get her and breaks off the contact immediately.

BIO: Oshi was intended to be her Makuta's "canary in the coalmine," if you will; her task was to sniff out enemies and read their thoughts to determine any traps they may have laid for her Makuta.  When she first tried this, however, she made contact with a whirlwind of thoughts, most of which were basely evil, such as "kill them all" or "I must be the most powerful."  She couldn't handle or understand what she detected, but the thoughts disturbed her nonetheless, reducing her to a paranoiac of the most extreme variety.  She was shipped off to Corpus Rahkshi in the hopes that she would eventually overcome her fear of others.  Needless to say, it hasn't worked out yet.

into these:

NAME: Pyle

VARIATION: Chameleon

GEAR:

The Shankers - An odd pair of weapons, consisting of hide gloves with small knives held in between the fingers by metal sockets.

Cartridged Zamor Launcher - A standard Zamor Launcher with a cartridge-fed clip. Contains five (including the one already in the chamber) solid metal Zamors that need to be both located and retrieved before they can be fired again.

APPEARANCE: As a Rahkshi of Chameleon, Pyle's natural armor coloration is crimson.  He has flamboyant gold markings around his eyes, shoulders, knees, and spines.  A fanged, smiling mouth is painted around his actual mouth.  His natural Rahkshi hunch is noticeably greater than other students'.

PERSONALITY: Pyle likes to think that his mind is as slippery and sneaky as his powers.  He imagines his skill at swindling and hustling other students out of weapons, gear, money, or time is second to none.  In reality, his methods are about as subtle as an axe to the head and mainly consist of threatening to hit students with The Shankers if they don't give him what he wants.  (He's actually had to do that a few times.)  This has left him generally disliked by the majority of the student body.  He has an intermittent habit of wringing his hands.  He has a more consistent habit of making song references.

BIO:  Pyle was considered too much of an extortionist, even by his Makuta's standards, so he was sent to Corpus Rahkshi.  The hope was that he'd start becoming more subtle in his swindling.

NAME: Oshi

VARIATION: Mind Reading

GEAR:

Fleur- A short sword with a flower carved into the pommel.

APPEARANCE: As a Rahkshi of Mind Reading, Oshi's natural armor coloration is lavender.  Flowers are carved into her shoulders, kneepads, chestplate, and even on top of her head.  Two red stripes are painted across her right eye.

PERSONALITY: "Oh God they're all out to get me oh God oh God oh God" would be an apt description of Oshi.  She is extremely paranoid, and will go out of her way to avoid other students.  This is likely due to her inability to fully control her Mind Reading abilities; they will involuntarily trigger, allowing her to briefly detect the twisted minds of her fellow students.  Every time this happens, she gets hit with an initial wave of aggression and hatred.  She doesn't know how to cope with this initial rush of thoughts, so she simply assumes that whoever she discovered is out to get her and tries to distance herself as best as she can.

BIO: Oshi was intended to be her Makuta's "canary in the coalmine," if you will; her task was to sniff out enemies and gauge their feelings in order to determine if any traps had been laid for her Makuta.  When she first tried this, however, she encountered a whirlwind of emotions, most of which were centered around hatred, bloodlust, and greed. She couldn't handle or understand what she detected, but they ended up disturbing her nonetheless, reducing her to a paranoiac of the most extreme variety.  She was shipped off to Corpus Rahkshi in the hopes that she would eventually overcome her fear of others.  Needless to say, it hasn't worked out yet.

Hopefully this helps you out enough so we can approve them after your next edit.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Awesome.

Glad we're on the same page.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

No problem. Pyle and Oshi are now approved. Keep in mind, however, that Oshi can only detect the minds of others and pick up on their emotions at her current stage.

As for Atem, Onaku, we would like to see some extra clarification as to regarding whether or not they actually possess said climbing gloves mentioned in their profile. Also, we would like to point out that their clothes should not be making them anywhere near as stealthy and/or quiet as a Rahkshi of Chameleon/Silence, and would appreciate it if you would go back and make some additional changes just to reflect that.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

I have a question: if a Rahkshi's arm was cut off, would they get a robotic replacement?

:k: :m_o: :v: :s: :m_o: :r: :r:

BZRPG Characters: The Collector of Masks and Zavesh

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Disco, Phobia, MaharaRomulus and Remus

Hero Factory RPG 2.5 Characters: Whipcrack and Charles Erudite

///////

Feel free to refer to me as either the Collector or Kovsorr, and if I don't reply to something, send me a PM!

Nope.

We've had loss of limb and other suit damages doled out as a GM punishment for inconsistent/unfair play in the past.

EDIT: That said, if the character in question happens to keep a hold of their severed limb and get to Palma in time, they could potentially get it reattached. We've had past precedents for that, too. 

Edited by The Good Guys

Ok, thanks.

Also, do Rahkshi have "brothers" or "sisters" as such?

///////

Feel free to refer to me as either the Collector or Kovsorr, and if I don't reply to something, send me a PM!

Most characters seem to consider any rahkshi spawned by the same Makuta to be their sisters/brothers. Although there's been a few, I think, who only applied the sibling label to kraata who were created in the same batch.

Right, thanks (I'm asking these questions as I'm creating a new profile).

:)

///////

Wow, I haven't had the urge to make a new character until the re-opening. It's like when you aren't hungry for anything in particular until someone sets the cookie jar in front of you. Suddenly, it's cookie time.

--------------------------------

Name: Kekepua

Variation: Heat Vision

Gear: A guandao; a moderate length, black blade, tipped in jade-green, with serrated backs that match her spine’s appearance, a hook on the base of the blade for catching opponent’s weaponry in combat, and a weighted, diamond-shaped pommel. Two daggers adorn a sash around her waist, accompanied by a colorful bag, containing a few small heat and light stones.

Appearance: Bright red and orange armor covers Kekepua, with ashen under structure. Her spines are graceful and many, lining her back like a great saw blade. A long, draping tail extends from her back, covered in segmented plates, both above and underneath. Her legs are naturally digitigrade, and while her hunch is no more pronounced than usual, her stance leaves her lower set than most, more akin to that of a raptor. Her eyes are a jade-green.

Personality: Kekepua does not care for much other than her next meal and her personal comfort. When it comes to others, of any species, she is unconcerned and ambivalent, particularly to the bland looking ones. If there is one things that can spark her interest like nothing else, it’s sashes. Sashes, scarves, long trailing fabrics of any kind. Kekepua goes crazy over them. All of this would make her out to be beastly, or single-mindedly simple.

Such is not the case.

Kekepua is very intelligent, and has a broad vocabulary and large love of words, both written and spoken.

Bio: When Kekepua first emerged, her makuta immediately noted her long, slithering body. Her sibling that emerged immediately adjacent also trailed such a sweeping appendage, but met with a fate much less pleasant, and became a suit that fit Kekepua and perfectly accomodated her tail. This was the first of a number of oddities that her makuta recorded. They repeatedly found Kekepua gnawing on heat and light stones, casually enduring the burning sensation they wrought. After a prolongued period of this strange habit, the other rahk began to notice smoke and sparks curling from her mouth most times she spoke. After a dental inspeciton, the makuta found her mandibles had become pocked, pitted, and full of deposits of heat and light stone dust. Upon asking her as to the reason of this habit, she said, “If I am to burn as bright as the stars, I must first learn the taste of fire.” The makuta was entirely befuddled by this strange child. Ultimately, they sent Kekepua to Corpus.

Thanks to her habit of gnawing on heat and light stones, Kekepua can heat her mandibles to cause the powder residue left from the stones to cause minor smoke and flame to burst from her mouth. It’s by no means viable as a weapon, but it can be startling or surprising.

Her tail is like a third, blunt weapon. Not prehensile in any way, but it can be swept from side to side with the motion of her body. It is not overly sensitive, and thus makes an effective bludgeoning tool when positioning allows it.

-------------------------

Edited for Approval.

Edited by Coconut Fanatic
  • Upvote 1

Guandao, even shortened are still primarily slashing weapons, and having more than one will not only not provide any advantage, but would in fact put you at a pretty harsh disadvantage in combat. I'd stick with one standard length one. The serrated blades I'd be iffy on, but I've seen similar things on enough reproductions that I'm not too worried about it. I'm mildly confused about the hook, could you describe it a bit more?

EDIT: Especially given her suit evidentally has a tail.

Speaking of said tail, I'll have to convene with the other GM's about it, but it might not be approved, though I notice you've made an effort to make it fair in play(which is appreciated!)

On the wiki, I read that guandao are used first as disarming weapons/tools, and the notched hook on the front is used to catch other weapons. They aren't terribly big, sort of like someone cut a circle out of the base of the blade. I also read that sometimes they had serrated backs, and while I'm not sure about the functionality, I like the aesthetic. If one guandao works better functionally then that's fine, but can she carry on as a spare? In her dorm maybe?

Edited by Coconut Fanatic

I have a question: if a Rahkshi's arm was cut off, would they get a robotic replacement?

Nope.

We've had loss of limb and other suit damages doled out as a GM punishment for inconsistent/unfair play in the past.

EDIT: That said, if the character in question happens to keep a hold of their severed limb and get to Palma in time, they could potentially get it reattached. We've had past precedents for that, too. 

I should probably clear this up a bit.

Back when Wyrd/Ultron was still here, we actually did have a character who received a prosthetic for one of their legs (Construct's Dodge-256), but it was acquired in-game as a tech item due to the flexing armor and heel-blade. They had to spend quite some time hobbling around between losing their original and eventually getting it, however, and whether it had the funtionality of today's more common artificial limbs or if they could control it as if it was originally part of their own body is currently up for debate, since their player isn't as active anymore.

Otherwise, Nato pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

I got me another profile for approval:

Name: Mahara

Variation: Gravity

Gear: She carries two gloves with long claws (Ehlek claws) on the fingers, which she wears over her hands.

Appearance: Mahara is very short, almost Matoran-sized. She is pale blue and silver and her blue parts glow, similar to her brother, Phobia.

Personality: She is generally quite easy going and laid back and she doesn’t respond to most provocations, but if you mention her size she gets very annoyed, as she has a Napoleon complex. She hates it when other rahkshi look down on her for being small.

Bio: Phobia’s sister, Mahara was created by the same Makuta as him. Despite this, she could not be more different from her brother, and they do not get along well. Phobia tends to push her around and she does not like this. Because of this, she tends to keep out of his way. She also tries to make friends with anyone she meets, in order to better fit into Corpus Rahkshi.

Edited by Kovsorr the Collector

///////

Back when Wyrd/Ultron was still here, we actually did have a character who received a prosthetic for one of their legs (Construct's Dodge-256), but it was acquired in-game as a tech item due to the flexing armor and heel-blade. They had to spend quite some time hobbling around between losing their original and eventually getting it, however, and whether it had the funtionality of today's more common artificial limbs or if they could control it as if it was originally part of their own body is currently up for debate, since their player isn't as active anymore.

Hm, wasn't Dodge's new leg technically a (late) reward for participating in an assignment? I didn't think to mention it in my earlier response, since it seemed like more of a one-off special case sort of dealio. 

Name: Mahara

Gear: She carries two gloves with long claws on the fingers, which she wears over her hands.

How long are we talking here? Because I can imagine anything from a few inches (Nuparu Inika) to more than a foot (Ehlek) being feasible, and if it's left ambiguous things might get confusing.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Name: MaharaGear: She carries two gloves with long claws on the fingers, which she wears over her hands.

How long are we talking here? Because I can imagine anything from a few inches (Nuparu Inika) to more than a foot (Ehlek) being feasible, and if it's left ambiguous things might get confusing.

Literally Ehlek claws, I need to post the MOC soon.

///////

Name: Blossom

Variation: Plant Control

Gear: All Blossom has is a broken knife and plant pots on her waist. A green and brown Gafna named "Leaf" follows her everywhere and is very protective of her. It carries an extra supply of plants with two prominent leaves looking like wings. Leaf's tail can only throw seed pods from his back that break on impact.

Appearance: Blossom is a white Rahkshi with light pink arrows pointing up her back. Inside the pink arrows it's lighter on the outside and darker on the inside.

Personality: Blossom is the most loving person you'd ever meet. She loves plants, animals, and any other living thing. Blossom would never try to hurt anything. But if she did she would probably scream and run away apologizing. She also has a lot of weird conversations with herself.

Bio: Blossom is haunted by her old memories of life with a sadistic Makuta. She doesn't like to talk about it. The screams of her friends echo through her mind, and sometimes she can't take it and runs off shrieking "No no no!".

Edited by Bubbles

blueanimation.gif