Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Name: Torment

Okay. It's been a while but I have some thoughts on this now.

Predictably, my concerns are mostly toward her modifications. One, why does she have them in the first place? I tentatively assume her Makuta made them to replace her missing limbs, but why would he do that? If it was a punishment, it seems like a pretty bizarre one. Second, in continually powering this drill to remain upright, I would expect her to tire rapidly - how does she cope with this? Last, each arm can split once into two for an overall maximum of four, correct? (This seems likely, but it's a little bit ambiguous and I want to be sure.)

Aside than that, I think Torment looks good.

It seems that I'll have to go back and add more within the profile itself, but I'll try to clarify this as best as I can.

As stated back in Misery's Bio, their Makuta was essentially obsessed with turning his Rahkshi into the perfect killing machines, and as such, letting one of his offspring waste away without a means to defend themselves or carry out his orders would be simply unacceptable. The additional modifications were originally intended to be less of a punishment for her causing the deaths of her other siblings, since he's still technically in the dark about that, and more along the lines of a very cruel joke at her expense (hence the lack of Flight Mode), mostly due to her superiority complex and her overall jealousy of everyone who is currently surpassed her. So basically, it's sort of a "If you were so good to begin with, then why did I have to fix you in the first place, let alone modify your suit to make you better?" type of situation.

Concerning the drill, by "control its rotation via mental command," I really only ever intended for her to be able to manipulate the speed in which it was moving, and whether or not it was actually moving at all. Otherwise, it's set up so that it spins automatically and independently from the rest of her suit once on, so the only real issue she'd have to contend with is maintaining her balance in order to move and remain upright. I'm also assuming that it would also have some sort of miniature recharging device within the interior so that its power source automatically starts to replenish itself whenever she enters a state of rest, but if that's too much, just let me know.

And yeah, she essentially starts off with two rather bulky arms that can split apart and become four normal ones.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Ah, so the drill has its own power source, rather than drawing energy from her. Hmm.

I think this leads into worries about balancing. The giant drill that is her lower body will surely be harder to damage, and better at inflicting damage, than typical legs, no? If so, there should be a drawback, and if it isn't tiring easily, what is it? Is it that she's vulnerable enough to being tipped over, and hindered enough by it, to even things out?

Someone let me know if I'm being too finicky about this. I just want to be careful about approving something so unusual.

I want to apologize for my lack of activity recently :/ I've been in the middle of moving out of my family's home and settling into an apartment, so I haven't had a lot of time to dedicate to corpus

It's fine, I think most of us can sympathize with being too busy to post. Thanks for letting us know you're still around. :)

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

@Sergei: Well, like I said before, she doesn't have access to Flight Mode, but the drill isn't exactly as versatile as a standard set of legs, either.

Normally, when bipedal beings perform kicks, they usually only lash out with one while using the other to maintain their balance. In her case, however, unless she was supporting the entirety of her weight with her hands (a scenario in which she wouldn't feasibly have access to her other weapons), the only ways she could really do so with it would be if she was trying to fall directly on top of her opponent from above or if she was attempting something similar to a missile dropkick, which would leave herself vulnerable to attack if she missed and require her to release whatever she was holding in order to push herself back into the upright position again anyway. Plus, bending over to pick it back up again without falling onto her own face would be an absolute nightmare; not so much in the gym, obviously, but literally everywhere else outside of it.

From a combat perspective, it's not exactly the most effective weapon in her arsenal, as its use is limited at best.

@Scorp: Copius amounts of leaning and swaying, forwards, backwards, and side-to-side. Also, the tip isn't nearly acute enough to actually start piercing through denser surfaces under her own body weight alone. It'd kick up dirt and hurt if she fell on someone, but would also require a lot more time to do anything besides causing sparks against solid rock.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Without trying to be too blunt, I have to ask - what exactly is the point of all this? 

Normally when people try to introduce wacky or unusual aspects to their characters (eg. blind characters, mutes, two heads on a single body, two suits fused together, four arms, digitigrade legs, nonsensical fat rolls, etc.) it's for one of the following reasons:

• To have a go playing a character with a different/unusual perspective or outlook on life.
  • Provide the character with some kind of combat advantage.
  • As a cheap gimmick to make their character seem cool and attention grabbing. 

If the personality section of her profile is anything to go by, Torment doesn't seem to fit into that first category, and you've explained in detail the multitude of ways she doesn't qualify for the second. I don't want to go insulting your character, because I'm sure you, like most people, put a lot of thought and effort into writing her profile, but right now it seems like the only reason you've made Torment so weird and unusual is purely for the sole sake of being weird and unusual.

I might also add that, when Wyrd was running thegame, he was loathe to approve characters whose appearance/physical makeup had been altered to the point where they no longer resembled a rahkshi, which definitely seems to be the case here. Now, obviously you guys might choose to do things differently now that you're in charge, but I thought it worth mentioning the precedent. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

While perhaps a bit forward and less tactful than Id be, I find myself agreeing with NATO on Torment.

Less that it's attention grabby and more that it's a gimmick for a single cool thing that may or may not come of it.

That, and I have a hard time seeing how she'd be able to go in anything resembling a straight line considering how tops work. or at least, how my sleep addled brain thinks they work.

In summation, Torment NOT APPROVED for being a little too patently ridiculous, despite having what I'm sure would be a very cool finishing move.

Without trying to be too blunt, I have to ask - what exactly is the point of all this? 

Normally when people try to introduce wacky or unusual aspects to their characters (eg. blind characters, mutes, two heads on a single body, two suits fused together, four arms, digitigrade legs, nonsensical fat rolls, etc.) it's for one of the following reasons:

• To have a go playing a character with a different/unusual perspective or outlook on life.
  • Provide the character with some kind of combat advantage.
  • As a cheap gimmick to make their character seem cool and attention grabbing. 

If the personality section of her profile is anything to go by, Torment doesn't seem to fit into that first category, and you've explained in detail the multitude of ways she doesn't qualify for the second. I don't want to go insulting your character, because I'm sure you, like most people, put a lot of thought and effort into writing her profile, but right now it seems like the only reason you've made Torment so weird and unusual is purely for the sole sake of being weird and unusual.

Actually, my two main concerns here were diversity and ethics.

Taking into consideration said list of previously approved modifications, we now have many more body types running around than just the standard vanilla Rahkshi suit, which, seeing as to how we're currently in the Discussion Topic for an RPG based around the fictional concept of killer slugs operating mechs, is probably as close as we're going to get to the different body types displayed in humans IRL. And since I would sincerely hope that we're all mature enough to not single out an actual living person for having what we as individuals may or may not ignorantly perceive to be the "wrong" body type, the same should realistically apply to any hypothetical gaming approval processes as well, soley based on principle alone.

Then again, this is the internet, so chances are that the previous statement might not actually apply to everyone.

I might also add that, when Wyrd was running thegame, he was loathe to approve characters whose appearance/physical makeup had been altered to the point where they no longer resembled a rahkshi, which definitely seems to be the case here. Now, obviously you guys might choose to do things differently now that you're in charge, but I thought it worth mentioning the precedent. 

Appearance: Torment's armor retains her original black and green coloring, standard for those of her variation, along with some additional gunmetal thrown into the mix, as she has no love for the art of subtlety. From her torso up, she has the appearance of an otherwise completely unmodified Rahkshi; her Kraata case still rests between her shoulders, providing her with the signature hunch found in the rest of her species, and her organic body is more or less the same as the day she was born, aside from some severe scarring streaking from her head to about halfway down to her tail. Her suit's limbs, on the other hand, are an entirely different story.

From the waist down, where her legs should be, is a massive drill, which is almost always constantly spinning like a top in an effort to keep her upright and has its mechanisms wired into her suit's spinal column, allowing her to control its rotation (though she can only accelerate up to roughly the equivalent of an average sprint) via mental command. Despite being originally designed for transportation purposes only, and as such, is rather awkward and clumsy to try to attack others outright with it, she finds herself experiencing great satisfaction on the rare occasions when she is able to go airborne and actually successfully manages to land on people, which helps her cope with the fact that she can no longer enter Flight Mode.

While her arms appear to be abnormally large at first glance, causing some to believe that their additional mass is to help her maintain a better semblance of balance, their true purpose is actually far more sinister. Each appendage, specially forged from the same material as the drill and the rest of her upper body, has the ability to split itself in two, revealing extra limbs with which she can use to both attack and defend, primarily by swinging around said Morningstars, provided that she isn't already using them to enhance the strength of the blows from her Warhammer. On the off-chance that she does become unbalanced, however, they can also be utilised as an alternate method of transportation, allowing her to quickly scurry around most surfaces in a similar manner to that of an insect or an arachnid, which is even more unsettling to watch than most people realise.

Aside from the drill itself, with her second set of arms tucked away and her body balanced in an upright position, mind you, Torment doesn't appear to be too far outside the "normal" appearance of the typical Rahkshi, so I fail to see how she even violates the precedent enough to warrant it being brought up in the first place.

That, and I have a hard time seeing how she'd be able to go in anything resembling a straight line considering how tops work. or at least, how my sleep addled brain thinks they work.

I'm having a hard time seeing it as an issue to begin with, seeing as to how this game's based on a fictional universe where people can apparently levitate soley by creating some hot air and where mostly everyone of importance lives inside of a giant robot that can travel through space.

In summation, Torment NOT APPROVED for being a little too patently ridiculous, despite having what I'm sure would be a very cool finishing move.

nonsensical fat rolls,

Oh come on Flabbergaster was totally sensical

*watches Flubberbutter flop around in disturbing fashion*

If I still had any faith left in humanity as a species, seeing this would've successfully caused it to evaporate.

A+ for effort, though.

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Given the lengthy silence I was worried I was the only one with concerns about Torment, but it turns out the opposite was true. Knowing that, I stand with Scorp on this one.

Corpus' student body is already at least as diverse as any human population, just contrast Short and Shark and Gaever and Poly and even the mentioned Flabber ... it's not an issue. But what you propose is not even half Rahkshi, unsuitable for a Rahkshi high school. As for the functionality, sure, we've seen enough weird stuff in Bionicle that it probably could exist somewhere. But for the purposes of the RPG, it probably shouldn't exist here - such complex handwavy tech/power is unprecedented in Corpus, and allowing it once would open the door for every such bizarre creation. That's just not what this RPG is about - this concept strikes me as more of a Bionifight thing, honestly.

Maybe Wyrd would have approved this, I don't know. In his absence, though, I'd rather err on the side of caution and not. Sorry.

• Upvote 5

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Whatever. Forget I even typed her up, then.

I've lost interest in continuing this discussion. It's become rather obvious that we're just not going to end up on the same page here.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed. I've had this day marked down on my calendar for a while now

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

New profile. I dunno, I'm bored.

Name: Thrahigm

Variation: Hunger

Level: 2

Gear: Thrahigm carries a large fur cloak made of thick, black layers of fur, probably taken from some kind of large cat. Inside is several leather pockets, containing two bags of glass shards, one bag of shiny stones, several smoke bombs of very limited capability, a map of the mainland, and a small dagger, a spring-loaded "triple dagger". He also wields a khopesh with notches to function as a sword breaker, and a series of large spikes have been fused into his head for intimidation and catching weapons.

Appearance: Thrahigm is the most bizarre-looking Rahkshi. With a less obvious and defined hunch, a face molded and shifted to be quite different than that of a Rahkshi, and long arms, the bizzare amalgamation of one of Makuta's sons is what a Matoran would see in his nightmares. The face plates have been drawn down into a much taller face, albeit still undeniably Rahkshi. The row of spikes on his head adorn him like some sort of crown, yet they are clearly used for combat based solely on the wear they have received. The hands are drawn out and the fingers long, although not unrealistically. The arms now extend, including the finger length, double the length of the standard short arms that a Rahkshi possesses. Thrahigm's core is slightly bulky, while his limbs remain very thin and refined. His spines have been removed. His eyes shine a brilliant, colourful blue.

Personality: Thrahigm is a god in his own eyes. Odious, malicious, unfeeling, and positively malignant, He is a cancer to those unwilling to obey his creed and manner. However, he, like all beings, has a soft side, and it falls mercifully down upon Matoran, being the perfect servants and capable of many tasks without question.

Bio: Thrahigm was made in an attempt to make a much more silent and horrifying Rahkshi, and was a complete success. However, the Kraata immediately grew a bitter and violent ego, and soon began trying to command the Rahkshi around him. With some practice, added skills, and a few sessions of unrealistic cruelty, he was turned into the heartless, soulless killer destined to meet his fate at the hands of Icarax, at the doors of Corpus Rahkshi. He is the half-brother of Flabbergaster, and they have the same maker.

I've got only a couple of real gripes with this profile.

First is the mention that Rahkshi have short arms. Which would totally apply were we using the sets as our reference. Buuuut, I'm fairly sure they have regular arms ala the MoL film. Which, as they have arms that reach almost to their knees, having double that length would be patently ridiculous. Half again as long as normal would be a bit more on the right track.

The other is the khopesh. Cutting slots into a blade that has all its tensile strength in the spine is a really bad idea. Tim mentioned that there could be metal added on, which would be less damaging, but no more feasible, because of the curved nature of a khopesh.

On a side note, I want to make it clear that both 'sword breakers' and the triple dagger were intended for fighting comparatively light, thin blades. Rapiers, sabers, and the like. A good hit from a heavier blade would severely damage or even break the small components of a triple dagger, and would mangle a 'sword breaker'

Other than that, I'm not seeing any actual problems with the profile, but I would encourage you to play some of the many other characters you've left languishing in inactivity if you're bored?

First is the mention that Rahkshi have short arms. Which would totally apply were we using the sets as our reference. Buuuut, I'm fairly sure they have regular arms ala the MoL film. Which, as they have arms that reach almost to their knees, having double that length would be patently ridiculous. Half again as long as normal would be a bit more on the right track.

The other is the khopesh. Cutting slots into a blade that has all its tensile strength in the spine is a really bad idea. Tim mentioned that there could be metal added on, which would be less damaging, but no more feasible, because of the curved nature of a khopesh.

On a side note, I want to make it clear that both 'sword breakers' and the triple dagger were intended for fighting comparatively light, thin blades. Rapiers, sabers, and the like. A good hit from a heavier blade would severely damage or even break the small components of a triple dagger, and would mangle a 'sword breaker'

Other than that, I'm not seeing any actual problems with the profile, but I would encourage you to play some of the many other characters you've left languishing in inactivity if you're bored?

Oh, I thought the short aspect was generally brushed aside. Sorry, I never watched MoL. I'll edit that to only somewhat longer than.

I'll edit the kopesh to be melded in with a rhotuka of some kind, low-level of course.

And I've also come up with a better weapon based on what I was going for with the triple dagger. It'll have to wait until I get some of my GIMP projects done first.

Edited by The Ghrinch

Decided to update Orimnoc's/Omicron's profile in light of recent events and revelations. If approved, I'll update the original profile with this info.

Name: Omicron

Variation: Fear

Level: 2

Gear: A giant sword riddled with spikes designed to make getting hit with the sword as painful as possible. She alone knows how to handle it without getting stabbed with the spikes.

Appearance: Omicron is large, but not colossal, compared to other rahkshi. Her shoulders are large and wide, and her small kraata case is hidden under armor plates that cover her body, which gives her the appearance of a slightly hunched toa or skakdi with a rahkshi head rather than an actual rahkshi. Thorny spines protrude from her back, and her armor is very angular and sharp, including her head, which looks even more aggressive than a rahkshi head looks normally.

Bio: Omicron came from Makuta Bitil to Corpus a while ago. She is Omega's little sister, and was very fond of her big brother. How ever, after witnessing Exxan murdering her brother, she had a mental breakdown induced by her fear powers turning on herself. It wasn't until recently that she emerged again, having managed to achieve a semblance of functionality despite the veil of fear that tints her world. In order to build a wall between herself and the horrors that consumed her reality, she forged herself a set of armour, riddled with thorns, as means of protecting herself, but also a cruel sword, riddled with spikes.

Lately she tried her hand at defeating Exxan as vengeance for herself and her brother, intending not necessarily kill him, but at least prove herself against him so that she could at lest put her fears to rest. Although she held her own against him in the beginning, after she revealed her identity to Exxan, the battle quickly turned to against her, ending in Exxan blasting her off the platform with his wind powers, ending the match. She has since sworn to end Exxan's life, be it as he ended Omega's life, or by any other means necessary.

Personality: She is extremely unstable due to her own fear powers inducing a powerful fear cloak between the world and her senses, making her lash out at the slightest provocation. Although she hasn’t been around the school much, it would seem that she’s very much so fit to survive in its ever chaotic world, despite her tendency to overreact, but the trauma of her fear powers have turned her cruel and direct in her approach to matters. She both hates and fears Exxan immensely, the former a direct result of the latter, and both a result of witnessing him murdering her brother Omega.

Edited by Toa Onaku

She has since sworn to end Exxan's life, be it as he ended Omega's life, or by any other means necessary.

*Sigh*. Here we go again... 

She has since sworn to end Exxan's life, be it as he ended Omega's life, or by any other means necessary.

*Sigh*. Here we go again... 

See this is the problem when you're one of the first murderers in the school

And you have several eyewitnesses

And it's someone who was oddly likable somehow

And now you've already worked up a vengeance among several people who wouldn't mind seeing your blood running down the courtyard

Name: Crook Dastardly

Variation: Chameleon

Gear: A vast array of disguises he keeps stashed in secret locations throughout the school.

Appearance: Crook is known to change his appearance on a whim to fit any of his villainous schemes. He will often assist his disguises with his chameleon power, changing the colour of his armour to fit any situation.

Bio: Crook comes from an unknown makuta, but arrived at the school some time ago, and has, unknown to most of the school, been operating under deep cover as several different rahkshi, right under everyone’s noses. It seems no one has caught on yet, although he hasn’t really been doing anything noteworthy. Not yet, anyway. 

Personality: Crook Dastardly is, as his name so wonderfully indicates, a villainous villain, and will do anything and everything to gain a modicum of betterment for himself, trampling on others as he sees fit and fooling them into trusting him with convincing disguises and well told lies. He will of course not use his real name during such trickery, instead fabricating names that help him gain his quarry’s trust. Crook has absolutely no redeeming qualities, except maybe the fact that he’d rather not dirty his hands with killing someone, finding the act to be going a bit too far for his tastes.

• Upvote 2

Name: Crook Dastardly

Variation: Chameleon
Gear: A vast array of disguises he keeps stashed in secret locations throughout the school.
Appearance: Crook is known to change his appearance on a whim to fit any of his villainous schemes. He will often assist his disguises with his chameleon power, changing the colour of his armour to fit any situation.
Bio: Crook comes from an unknown makuta, but arrived at the school some time ago, and has, unknown to most of the school, been operating under deep cover as several different rahkshi, right under everyone’s noses. It seems no one has caught on yet, although he hasn’t really been doing anything noteworthy. Not yet, anyway. 
Personality: Crook Dastardly is, as his name so wonderfully indicates, a villainous villain, and will do anything and everything to gain a modicum of betterment for himself, trampling on others as he sees fit and fooling them into trusting him with convincing disguises and well told lies. He will of course not use his real name during such trickery, instead fabricating names that help him gain his quarry’s trust. Crook has absolutely no redeeming qualities, except maybe the fact that he’d rather not dirty his hands with killing someone, finding the act to be going a bit too far for his tastes.

Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions here, but...

An expy of Robbie Rotten?

Just a head's up, but you might have to wait a bit longer for those profile approvals.

Sergei and Strider haven't gotten around to discussing either of them yet over on our Discord chat.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

I'll edit this post to include my responses later.

Sorry, BZP decided not to notify me this was ever replied to.

When this.

Also omicron is approved, though my heart of hearts wants to tear down your spiky sword.

*Exxan breathes a quiet sigh of relief*.

Quite literally my first Corpus Rahkshi combat losses, and one of them was to a sibling of Omega. Exxan and Glass were quite understandable, but Omicron was just the icing on the cake... of utter humiliation.

Well played, Onaku. Karma was with you on that day. :P

P.S. - Torc would like to join Exxan, but after being practically shish-kebabed in the rib cage, I'd imagine that he's currently having some trouble breathing at all.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

He'd still be feeling the pain, though, so it would more or less have a similar effect.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Actually, I retract my earlier statement. Knowing Onaku, if he's ditching the spiky sword, then it's only because he's planning to replace it with something even worse.