Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Oh and for the assignment, have I got this list of everyone taking part right?

Glaciem Ignis

Sliver

Vyper

Looks about right to me. I've been considering throwing Exxan in as well, but I think I'll leave him out. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Edge is not approved. That's just too much gear, you've got the vials, the gun that shoots the stuff from the vials, the scythe, the knife, the gun that shoots syringes, an apparently infinite supply of syringes to shoot...

Also, a Rahkshi surgeon would not have a medical license. I don't think such things exist in Bionicle.

I fixed up the profile and removed some items. He only has the vials, the gun, and his lab. Also got rid of the part about a medical license.

~After they make Styrofoam, what do they ship it in?~

So... any guesses as to what sort of nightmarish assignment Icarax has in store for us? 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

There are going to be some epic battles between the students and I'm guessing the best student not only gets to level up, but they get a sonic based weapon of some kind. Either that or we get to hunt down Vlad or the rebels and whoever kills or captures at least one of them gets to level up or something cool.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

For some reason, I find both of those scenarios rather doubtful. As I recall, not all assignments guarantee a level up, special weapon, or any sort of reward other than maybe bragging rights.  

And given that Tridax got fired because of the last assignment he set up, I would expect whatever Icarax has in store to be rather low-risk in comparison. 

Yeah I'd say hunting down Vlad's group probably isn't the assignment, since preparations for the assignment had already begun before he had even torn down the poster.

But given that it's Icarax, I would expect there to be a strong fighting component. And since we're gathered in the Gym, not the Causeway, I would assume it takes place within the school rather than being any sort of field trip. Lastly, because Wyrd asked us to confirm a list of participants, we know it's something where each individual Rahkshi needs to be accounted for. I would interpret this as either the assignment involves being sorted into teams (like on Visorak), or there's going to be some sort of fighting tournament and he's got to list the sets of opponents (maybe pairs, but not necessarily) for this first round

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

But given that it's Icarax, I would expect there to be a strong fighting component. 

Probably under controlled circumstances, where Icarax can step in and stop people from murdering each other, rather than just letting the students run rampant like Tridax did. 

I would interpret this as either the assignment involves being sorted into teams (like on Visorak), or there's going to be some sort of fighting tournament

Ooh... that'd be fun. So many potential match-ups... 

It's the people not participating I'm more worried about.

I think there's probably too many of them for Icarax to take any real action against them.

And here comes my character...

Name: Disco

Variation: Illusion

Level: (At start of RPG) 2

Gear: Staff with an ornate end that can channel Disco's natural illusion power, also short curved sword for backup. Also a disco ball which he carries around for no reason.

Appearance: Disco would be blue and tan like a normal Rahkshi of Illusion but has painted several parts of his armour in bright colours. He is quite thin and tall.

Personality: Disco is quick-witted and intelligent but also more than a little weird and sometimes spouts out random words. He is slightly obsessed with bright colours and loud noises.

Bio: Disco is determined not to be "the new guy" despite being new. He tries his hardest to make friends with everyone but rarely gets along with the most aggressive Rahkshi. He accidentally spilt gruel on one of the top brawlers soon after arriving, which caused said brawler to challenge him to a duel in the Gym. During the duel, the brawler swung a punch at Disco but found it passed right through him as it was just an illusion. The brawler eventually found the real Disco and proceeded to beat him up. Disco now hates the Gym with a burning passion.

Edited by Kovsorr the Collector

:k: :m_o: :v: :s: :m_o: :r: :r:

BZRPG Characters: The Collector of Masks and Zavesh

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Disco, Phobia, MaharaRomulus and Remus

Hero Factory RPG 2.5 Characters: Whipcrack and Charles Erudite

///////

Feel free to refer to me as either the Collector or Kovsorr, and if I don't reply to something, send me a PM!

IC: Icarax surveyed the crowd of Rahkshi that had answered his summons. No, not a crowd. They were a horde. There were enough heavily armed, highly dangerous individuals gathered here to justify that title. If they had landed as an invading force on any island in the Universe then the inhabitants would be seriously...right up until the infighting began. The longer a leash you kept on them the more Rahkshi nature showed through and the worse they got at things like sharing. But here? Yes there were skirmishes and squabbles going on but there was not the level of carnage and demolition that Icarax would have expected. Perhaps there was more worth to this new breed than he had first anticipated.

This latest assignment will be a battle of wits and cunning. There are some thirty or so of you here. I will select six out of your number, and these six will be the assassins. The rest of you will be civilians. Each team will seek to eliminate the other until only they remain. Assassins may do this by touching the one they wish to kill and thinking of their goal. I will remain in mental communication with them and lift their victim out of play.

A ring of spikes grew up from the floor of the Gym, an enclosure clearly destined to be used as a drop point for those who had been 'murdered'.

Civilians, you must resort to more direct means. Attack those you think are assassins, render them unconscious or broken enough that they won't be capable of taking out anyone else. I will take a dim view of any actual killing, and any interference from those eliminated. The dead cannot offer advice. Eliminating a member of your own team is entirely possible, a consequence of rash decision making. The assignment ends when only the stronger, smarter team remains, but it begins...now.

He reached out mentally, selecting his six for the assassin team, and awaited to see what would happen next.

OOC: So this is basically a game of Mafia: Corpus Rahkshi Edition. Six of you have the power to "kill" anyone they want, provided you're both thinking about it and in physical contact with them. If you've been "killed" then you'll be put in the rin of spikes, allowed to watch but not interfere. Icarax will put a Silence field around you if you try.

If you're an assassin and you kill someone notify them somehow and they can post themselves being taken out of play as its going to be impractical waiting around for me to do it. I hope that covers everything...

Oh my. :evilgrin:

Now this will be interesting.

IC: Icarax surveyed the crowd of Rahkshi that had answered his summons. No, not a crowd. They were a horde. There were enough heavily armed, highly dangerous individuals gathered here to justify that title. If they had landed as an invading force on any island in the Universe then the inhabitants would be seriously...right up until the infighting began. The longer a leash you kept on them the more Rahkshi nature showed through and the worse they got at things like sharing. But here? Yes there were skirmishes and squabbles going on but there was not the level of carnage and demolition that Icarax would have expected. Perhaps there was more worth to this new breed than he had first anticipated.

This latest assignment will be a battle of wits and cunning. There are some thirty or so of you here. I will select six out of your number, and these six will be the assassins. The rest of you will be civilians. Each team will seek to eliminate the other until only they remain. Assassins may do this by touching the one they wish to kill and thinking of their goal. I will remain in mental communication with them and lift their victim out of play.

A ring of spikes grew up from the floor of the Gym, an enclosure clearly destined to be used as a drop point for those who had been 'murdered'.

Civilians, you must resort to more direct means. Attack those you think are assassins, render them unconscious or broken enough that they won't be capable of taking out anyone else. I will take a dim view of any actual killing, and any interference from those eliminated. The dead cannot offer advice. Eliminating a member of your own team is entirely possible, a consequence of rash decision making. The assignment ends when only the stronger, smarter team remains, but it begins...now.

He reached out mentally, selecting his six for the assassin team, and awaited to see what would happen next.

OOC: So this is basically a game of Mafia: Corpus Rahkshi Edition. Six of you have the power to "kill" anyone they want, provided you're both thinking about it and in physical contact with them. If you've been "killed" then you'll be put in the rin of spikes, allowed to watch but not interfere. Icarax will put a Silence field around you if you try.

If you're an assassin and you kill someone notify them somehow and they can post themselves being taken out of play as its going to be impractical waiting around for me to do it. I hope that covers everything...

Oh my. :evilgrin:

Now this will be interesting.

Are the assasins going to be notified via PM?

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

I hope that covers everything...

Almost. I've still a few questions, and I imagine they're shared by others too:

- Is manipulation of the Gym allowed by participants, or is it 'locked,' so to speak, from student manipulation?

- When someone is killed, does Icarax use a rather noticeable method of transporting them to the ring of spikes, like hurling them in with gravity or magnetism or something? Or does he use less obvious teleportation?

- I would assume that an assassin cannot channel their ability to kill through weapons - only actual, direct contact - is this correct?

- When someone is killed, does Icarax use a rather noticeable method of transporting them to the ring of spikes, like hurling them in with gravity or magnetism or something? Or does he use less obvious teleportation?

I assume it's teleportation.

On another note, can this occur outside of the gym, or only inside?

I hope not, it'll make things easier for us. :D

Actually it'll make it a lot harder, with one less possible cover-breakage point.

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

What? I never said I was an assassin.

But you just slipped up.

Exactly. If they work together, there's one more point where the assasins could have their cover blown.

And I'm not an assassin, though I know of one of the people who is. Unfortunately none of my characters do.

Let's hope I do better at this than I do at normal Mafia... 

There does seem to be some physical effect to the Scream, it ends up being able to throw people back and shatter rocks, but that only seems to be for the higher levels. At level two I'd say that a Power Scream is effective just by being noise, which means a Silence Rahk would nullify it entirely, yes

Found this quote from a long while back regarding the limitations of power scream at level 2. 

*Sees that Acinaces is an assassin*

*Does Kiina dance*

I was right, I was right, I was right, doo dee do de dee

For once, I actually guessed the right person!

OOC: I swear, this is like the second time I've head to say this; Acinaces is a girl. :P

IC: Acinaces (Gym)

I run through the crowd, still screaming, tapping everyone I can, constantly thinking the mental marker for Icarax; Die! Die! Die!

You know, Miras, this really isn't going to work. First off, you've pretty much worded that such that it's an autohit. And of at least equal importance is that no one's going to volunteer to be one of the people Acineas tapped - you should probably specified some of the people she reached out for.

It's quite possibly too late to fix it entirely now, but I feel the flaws here should be pointed out anyways for next time.

If a power scream rahkshi is running full pelt towards someone, common sense would dictate that the first thing that the someone in question would do is get out of the way. 

IC: Toxin/Gym

I made a second ball of slime and threw it at him before I waited to see if the first one landed or not.

Two things here.

1. It's exceedingly rude to launch a second attack without waiting for someone to respond to the first, especially when that person already has a lot of different attacks to deal with.
  2. Lerahk don't have any means of using their powers at range, so I'm not entirely sure how Toxin is even doing that in the first place. 
  • Upvote 3

IC: Toxin/Gym

I made a second ball of slime and threw it at him before I waited to see if the first one landed or not.

Two things here.

1. It's exceedingly rude to launch a second attack without waiting for someone to respond to the first, especially when that person already has a lot of different attacks to deal with.
  2. Lerahk don't have any means of using their powers at range, so I'm not entirely sure how Toxin is even doing that in the first place. 

1. I'll take it out.

2. Lerahk slime has the natural ability to be unpleasant and such. Also I have been using that as a tactic since the very beginning. At most, without a container to help retain its shape, the slime will be more of a spray or splatter.

Also we already talked about this, and you originally didn't have much of a problem with Toxin just spewing slime all over the gym floor.

Edited by Shard the Gemknight Toa

I have been using that as a tactic since the very beginning

Really? Because I don't recall any occasions prior to this of Toxin physically throwing globs of poison at people. If he had, I feel like it's something that would've been called out, as it's something that isn't even possible for a lerahk. 

Having run a search, I'v found a few instances of Toxin somehow spitting poison ridiculous distances, which you were called out for, but nothing at all about throwing the stuff. 

At most, without a container to help retain its shape, the slime will be more of a spray.

I don't see how anyone could gather enough of what is basically their sweat in their hands to make a blob big enough to throw. Especially given that it would be dripping through their fingers while they're trying to hold it. 

Also we already talked about this, and you originally didn't have much of a problem with Toxin just spewing slime all over the gym floor.

The search bar would beg to differ. By which I mean I can't find any previous instance of us discussing this. Besides, spewing on the floor and throwing stuff at people are two very different things. 

The spewing all over the floor thing seems dubious, since its a level 2 rahk using a much higher level ability, but throwing the stuff is outright impossible, since Lerahk can only exert their powers through physical contact, or creating pools of poison. 

I have been using that as a tactic since the very beginning

Really? Because I don't recall any occasions prior to this of Toxin physically throwing globs of poison at people. If he had, I feel like it's something that would've been called out, as it's something that isn't even possible for a lerahk. 

Having run a search, I'v found a few instances of Toxin somehow spitting poison ridiculous distances, which you were called out for, but nothing at all about throwing the stuff. 

Alright. Perhaps I was somewhat exaggerating about this.

At most, without a container to help retain its shape, the slime will be more of a spray.

I don't see how anyone could gather enough of what is basically their sweat in their hands to make a blob big enough to throw. Especially given that it would be dripping through their fingers while they're trying to hold it. 

The full tactic was that he would just squirm inside his suit to produce the slime that he throws onto others. But I won't bother to change that because of my next remark.

The search bar would beg to differ. By which I mean I can't find any previous instance of us discussing this. Besides, spewing on the floor and throwing stuff at people are two very different things. 

The spewing all over the floor thing seems dubious, since its a level 2 rahk using a much higher level ability, but throwing the stuff is outright impossible, since Lerahk can only exert their powers through physical contact, or creating pools of poison. 

I'm in no position to argue, and I'm getting tired of this. If there's one thing I've learned in here is that if I'm in trouble, I'll have to accept it. So I'll just accept that you're right, change it, and get an approval for a rhotuka launcher for him.

Edited by Shard the Gemknight Toa