Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Unless you've been banned or suspended, it's relatively safe to assume that the revolving doors and turnstiles for all RPGs will continue to rotate, provided that they don't close up shop entirely.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

All right.

I've gone back and made a few changes to my old profiles, just to sort of refine any rough points on them, or get rid of anything that didn't really go anywhere.  They may need a double-check, just to make sure they're still kosher.

Icarax just announced the next big assignment. In the past, these assignments have been assassination games, destruction of a local Christmas celebration, essay contests, a manhunt, capture the flag, and a game of Mafia, all with their own deadly twist (you know, beside the essay contest). If you want to participate, you're welcome to move on to the gym, but it isn't mandatory. The more peace-oriented Rahks are mostly steering clear.

Here's the original post for reference:

GM IC Icarax:

...Around the rest of the school, other Porters began a telltale task of rolling along the many hallways, repeating the same phrase over and over in their monotone voices.

"Students are to gather in the gym for assignment."

In the interests of helping everyone arrange a team for the assignment, here's a list of everyone currently in the Gym for it, and everyone who seems to be headed that way. I'll update the list with teams and new arrivals as they appear.

Edit: Because it can be better kept up to date, the Wikia page for the seventh assignment is replacing this post as the definitive list of teams and participants. Access it here.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Well, with Smudge back I'm a character down, and there's a new assignment going, plus I literally have 100+ more of these guys to burn, so have another profile:

Name: Reda
Variation: Dodge
Level: 2
Gear: A pair of thin metallic whips lined with sharp barbs. Just as effective as short-range knuckledusters in her armored hands. She also carries a long dagger in an ankle sheath.

Appearance: Reda’s armor is primarily a deep plum color across her back, limbs, and torso with subtle hints of white and burning blue eyes. Her back is lined with runic patterns with embedded Reda symbols () just over her shoulders. Her spines have been reduced to a single, low rail down her back, professed to improve her mobility. Her short, yet athletic suit serves the same purpose.

Personality: Still and meditative at rest, quicksilver in combat, Reda is a force to be reckoned with, and she knows that perfectly well. Her strategies, in battle and in life, rely on trickery, misdirection, and a full use of her dodge powers to stay out of trouble. The only thing matched by her combat prowess is her massive ego. She knows she is better than any other, be they Rahkshi, Toa, or Makuta, and one day, she would love the chance to beat all three. For now, she’s content with earning those levels to ensure her victory. Not that she couldn’t win anyway.
She has an odd habit of whistling whenever she can, including in battle. Occasionally she’ll chime in with a whistle or crack from her whips.

Bio: When she was first spawned by the Makuta of Stelt, Reda felt insecure and alone. She was a “runt of the litter,” and generally looked down upon by her peers. That is, until one of them dared to believe they could push her around. Almost without thinking, Reda avoided his blows, and the fight soon ended with him on the ground. Few dared to confront her after that, and Reda’s ego grew explosively. It was only a matter of time before she heard of the exploits of her siblings in a far away school and determined to seek them out as the only ones who… might compare to her.

Added.

Threw all my characters back in my signature as well, and edited Rail's profile to reflect his increase in level.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I've been keeping an updated list of participants and teams over on the Wikia.

http://corpus-rahkshi.wikia.com/wiki/The_Seventh_Assignment

Also a quick reminder that we do in fact have a Wikia you can contribute to. We are very short on character pages if you players can help us out with your characters.

Student's Name: Thud

Variation: Fragmentation

Gear: Carries around a large splitting maul which he only uses when necessary (which is more often than you'd think). Uses the sharp end to split arms and the blunt end to bash. Works effectively enough.

Appearance: Student is hulking and muscular, taller than most of the rahkshi in the school. Has the build of a heavyweight boxer. Retains the usual colours of a Panrahk, though he's taken to carving things he's likely to forget into his armour so it reminds him and since he forgets a lot of things, his suit is peppered with reminders. He has two simple blue eyes. 

Personality: Idiot. Forgetful and tends to choose the direct path in pretty much every situation he's in (which, in fairness, tends to work out in his favour a lot of the time). Works best when he has somebody telling him what to do. 

Bio: Nothing much to tell. Big kraata, given big suit. Wasn't the smartest but still displayed traits that of a new breed rahkshi, so his Makuta reluctantly sent him over. Has a history of being used by people smarter than him to be their muscle. 

Edited by Dane.
  • Upvote 2

Thud has made the list.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

The list of teams that have been made/assigned by Icarax can be found here: http://corpus-rahkshi.wikia.com/wiki/The_Seventh_Assignment

The List of VIP's is as follows:

Team one: Tube

Team two: Diode

Team three: Crate

Team four: Vyper

Team five: Sim

Team six: Aza

Team seven: Sliver

Team eight: Waita

Team nine: Kri

Team ten: Misery

Bubbles - Blossom

capMarvelous - Luffy, Kri, Pyle, Oshi, Exigent, Milk

Click - Garrotte, Reda

Coconut Fanatic - Kekepura

Finch(Ehks) - http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15653-student-register/?p=1149095'>Lost

Ghidora - Tombstone

Kovsorr the Collector - Mahara, Romulus/Remus

Loganto - Krieveks

Lumen - Morpheme

Monado Girl - Mute

NinthG1g4-by73 - Grakatas

Okuyasu Nijimura (VahkiDane) - Crate, Thud

Onaku - Rôzu, Omicron, Dissent, Uunrak, Orloc

QuirkyTurtle - Blink

Sassy Dalmation - Dahl

Smudge8 - Danger

The UltimoScorp - Zas'ma

Virid - Hush

Xilux - Scorch

zapper7028 - Quark

ZippyWharrgarbl - Kororia, A!

Edited by The UltimoScorp
  • Upvote 2

So, uh, yeah, a bit of news regarding Corpus for those of you who still aren't part of the Discord channel.

As of last night, due to events in the chat that I'd prefer not to get into, I have officially been relieved of my duties as a GM by Scorp and Sergei... a decision that I wholeheartedly agree with.

When I threw my hat in the ring for this gig, I was already quite tired of dealing with the RPG scene here on BZPower as a whole; the constant arguements over relatively trivial BS, regularly having characters locked in interactions that literally went nowhere, and just the overall feeling of walking on eggshells while trying to avoid being #### on creatively at nearly every turn. I figured, "Hey, why not at least give things another shot? Maybe try to change up the landscape a bit from the inside so no one else has to feel like this ever again?"

So I did. I had some fun for a while, not going to lie, and bouncing ideas off of each other and plotting out the direction of the game at large was actually quite an enjoyable process. But then, the same issues started to pop up again, and that's when I slowly began to realise that things were always going to stay the same.

Toxic. Perhaps unintentionally toxic, but toxic nonetheless.

Had I been asked to step down instead, I probably would have. The sole reason I even stuck around this long was so I wouldn't have to inconvenience them with looking for a replacement GM, which, considering that they now have to do that anyway, was a really stupid decision on my part; I should've just ripped off the bandage and got it over with. But that's the past, and I can't change that; only learn from it so I can try to avoid making the same mistake again in the future.

Which brings us to the present: I quit. Not just Corpus, but the entire Bionicle RPG Forum at large.

For those of you who are currently interacting with my characters, you needn't worry. I've cleared it with Scorp, and I will be staying long enough to finish up the assignment, but afterwards, I'm done. Despite my views on the subject, I'd still like to believe I'm not petty enough to make other people suffer for little to no reason, even if I am finally ready to put an end to this chapter of my life for good. Just throw up a post in here when you need me to respond to something, as I've already taken the liberty of leaving the Discord chat, so I'm not going to see anything if you do it there.

Happy Holidays, folks. Take care, I guess, and try not to act too much like total Karz-Heads.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

It's probably important to have a GM statement about this on record. Timageness is indeed no longer a GM of Corpus Rahkshi.

As Timageness alludes, over time there have been several instances of disagreement between him and others over the fairness and realism of various issues, both in gameplay and character creation. When such disputes happen we always do what we can to offer reasonable recommendations and mutually satisfying outcomes, but unfortunately, these often ended with some bitterness. One such disagreement occurred yesterday, over whether or not it made sense that Liar found Illusive familiar, and this was the last straw. We all take take this game seriously (sometimes too much), and feel it's important that the GMs exemplify the standards of the game that all players are held to. Sadly Scorp and I, and it seems Timageness himself, are no longer confident he can.

Timageness, thank you for accepting your dismissal with grace. I'm sorry you've found the RPG forum here discouraging. I know that was never our intention, but sometimes things don't work together like we hoped. I wish you good luck in finding a place to RP more suited to your creative style, should you endeavor to so. And your willingness to finish the assignment is appreciated - I look forward to some final interesting interactions.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff
  • Upvote 7

In case anyone had lost track of the teams as of now (click here if you don't know what team you're on):

VIP                       Strategy         Location__________________

Tube's Team -     (Offensive)     Top of midsized building

Diode's Team -   (Defensive)    En route to "Coliseum"

Crate's Team -    (Defensive)    Arguing at spawn

Vyper's Team -   (Defensive)    Moving inside

Sim's Team -      (Defensive)     Planning at spawn

Aza's Team -      (Defensive)     In an open street

Sliver's Team -   (Offensive)     Rooftop, listening near Aza

Waiata's Team - (Offensive)      Protecting VIP at spawn

Kri's Team -       (Offensive)      Arguing at spawn

Misery's Team - (Defensive)     Mute/Exigent scouting, Thud protecting VIP

Way I see it, Sliver and Tube's teams have the potential to notice each other, and Misery and Diode are opening themselves up with their movement. Plus of course there's Aza shouting in the streets. So let's see if we can't get something going!

• Upvote 2

I'm not making another student profile.  What on earth are you talking about?

Have one of The Clique's cousins.

Name: Milk

Variation: Sleep

Gear:

• Starstone- A simple lightstone, painted almost all black, with small star-shaped patches left untouched.

Appearance: As a Rahkshi of Sleep, Milk's natural armor coloration is maroon.  She has chosen to paint over this maroon color, which she calls "ugly," with white paint.  The paint job is rather poorly-done, with uneven coats in some places and bare patches of maroon in others.  Her eyes are yellow.  She wears a colorful scarf wrapped loosely around her neck, and a gold bracelet on her left ankle.

Personality: Milk's power seems to work not only on whomever she makes contact with, but herself, too.  She is very sleepy most of the time, often yawning through classes and having trouble keeping her eyelids open.  Perhaps because of this, she is very quiet and sweet-natured, always trying to lend a helping hand through her drowsiness.  (She'll vehemently deny being sleepy if someone makes the observation, though.)

Bio: Milk named herself after her favorite drink.  From the get-go, her Makuta couldn't figure out why she got sleepy; Rahkshi of Sleep were supposed to make others sleepy, not themselves.  He sent her off to Corpus Rahkshi in the hopes that someone there might possibly figure out what was wrong with her.

So, uh...

What are Fang and Hoto doing in the Gym, Click? :P

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

• 2 weeks later...

IC: Booger-Gym

Booger glanced upwards and saw someone standing on the roof, looking back at him. "Hey guys!" He shouted to his teammates, "Are you ready to fight?"

OOC: Sorry If Booger wasn't supposed to see the team about to attack him, but I am getting tired of waiting. I want to fight!

Hmm. I didn't intend Thurisaz' group to be within sight of (or able to see) Booger's yet, but you have a point about the waiting. I'm excited to fight too.

As a compromise, let me ask you, Click, Dane, and Onaku: might I outline in my next post that Thurisaz' group has already moved into position as Thurisaz described (he and Paladin in the streets, Tube and Aerahk above) when Booger saw Tube atop the nearest roof?