Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Phogen will absolutely be getting experience for the espionage thing s/he's got going. Its exactly the sort of thing the Makuta were hoping for from smart Rahksi.

At the moment Construct I'm saying no to Matoran PCs, if only because they'd spend most of their time separated from everyone else. But if we get enough demand and people then maybe.

VahkiDane, take it easy with the miraculous recoveries from being "on your last scrap of energy", you did that about three times in that fight. I appreciate your character getting hurt and tired like he should but you can only get second wind so many times :P

• Upvote 1

7AOYGDJ.jpg

So, what exactly happens to the people who "die" in this assignment? Do they get repaired straight away, or do they stay dead until it's all over?

I'm only asking because one of my characters is currently fighting off his would-be assassin. If my character "kills" the assassin, how will that impact whoever is actually hunting that person?

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Name: “The Twins”  Illusive & Silencer

Variation: Illusion, Silence

Level: 3.

Gender: both/neither – but will usually identify as male if asked.

Gear: Illusive has had his hands rebuilt to possess much larger claws, strong and sharp enough to even damage protodermis armour. After a visit to the mainland, he also required a special staff called Serpent-Fang, which possesses a teleporting forearm-long blade that can appear from either end of the staff. After Silencer’s death, he also has a kusari chain called Legion, which can absorb light, leaving an area of darkness difficult to see through even for Rahkshi eyes, except for the chain itself, which retains the absorbed light.

Silencer carries a long, segmented chain with a spiked ball on one end, which he uses for throwing, strangling and bludgeoning.

In addition, Silencer employed the services of a Fe-Matoran to craft each of The Twins a modified Zamor launcher that fires a tightly-woven protosteel mesh, thick and sturdy enough that they cannot easily be cut through. Due to the weight of the ammunition, these weapons are only effective at mind-to-close range. Illusive now possesses both of these. 

Appearance: Neither taller nor shorter than normal, Illusive is very average for a Rahkshi. Instead of the normal colours of an illusion Rahkshi, his armour is the grey/green of a confusion Rahkshi, which is very effective in confusing his enemies. After his brother’s death, Illusive meticulously cleaned the paint off his armour, embracing his identity as an illusion Rahkshi, and replacing some of the plating so that he was no longer recognisable as his former self.

Silencer looks almost identical to Illusive, right down to the recoloured armour, although his is in slightly darker shades of grey and green. He is noticeably bulkier as well, since his chosen weapon required him to be rebuilt to be more muscular.

Personality: Illusive can’t or won’t speak in the same language as other Rahkshi, but hears and understands what his fellow students are saying, and is skilled at discerning an opponent’s thoughts and intentions by reading their body language. He also, out of necessity, learned the basics of the De-Matoran sign language, allowing him to communicate with some other Rahkshi and Matoran. 
He and Silencer have developed their own means of communicating through unique hand signs and body language, allowing them to strategise without potential foes being able to understand them. Silencer has been seen to talk, but only very rarely. He is also the more outgoing of the pair, often taking the lead in difficult situations, but he is never seen far from his partner.

Bio: The pair emerged side by side from adjoining vats, and seem to have latched onto each other, thinking and acting almost as one being rather than two. This unique symbiotic relationship has resulted in a high level of co-dependency. They are completely inseparable, and coordinate their actions perfectly. As such, attacking one requires a foe to combat both simultaneously, which is tantamount to suicide. Likewise, attempts to separate the pair have had bad results.

After his brother’s death, Illusive… broke. He sought vengeance, desperately clawing for some one or thing to blame for his brother’s death. He targeted the school itself, trying to defame the staff and pit the students against each other. A voice in his head – his conscience taking on the voice of his brother – pleaded with him to stop, but he ignored it.

When his brother’s murderer was caught, he gouged the killer’s eyes out. Afterwards, he began orchestrating raids on the local Matoran village, Phantom-on-the-Water, even kidnapping a group and smuggling them into the school – learning how to infect masks in the process. Although he didn’t realise it at the time, his efforts were more successful than he anticipated.

The Dark Hunter Phantom, once an inhabitant of that very village, arrived and attacked a group of rahks, before being buried in a cave-in caused by Tridax. Later, Gorast and Icarax made their way to the school – the latter to dethrone Tridax as headmaster, the former to lead a group of fighters to destroy the village.

Impressed by the work of the two Makuta, Illusive came to embrace the new Corpus he’d unwittingly helped create. Finally feeling at peace, he gathered a small group of Matoran slaves and began training them in the gym, only to come under attack by Vlad – a defective, moralistic hunger rahk, who killed his hard-won servants and stole Legion – the only thing Illusive had left of his brother.

MOC/S:

The Twins Together: http://i.imgur.com/teIEsoS.png

Illusive Alone: http://i.imgur.com/jCG3SQL.png

Edited by Of Australian Origin...

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

If you get 'killed' by your assassin then you can get patched up, assuming you've not been damaged beyond Palma's ability to heal you, and keep after your own target. If you're an assassin who gets 'killed' by their target then you failed the assignment and can't simply have another go.

As a practical example, Omega may not have succeeded in getting to Glass but didnt receive that much damage so is free to try again. If he'd been a bit more crispy fried then maybe it would bé different

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Yeah... But then, his escape was a little unfair...

• Upvote 1

If you're an assassin who gets 'killed' by their target then you failed the assignment and can't simply have another go.

That makes sense. But let's say my target is "killed" in a failed attempt to assassinate their own target. How then, am I meant to kill them if they're already dead? Do I have to wait until they're put back together, or can I smash whatever's left of them into even smaller pieces and call it a day?

@Roman: Smash them into smaller pieces. Ain't your problem they got themselves broken up. Oh, and th Twins are approved btw, meant to edit it into my post earlier but my connection died

@Pohatu: Anyone 'killed' is going to end up in medbay. From there Palma will pass on who hit their target to Suvok, assuming he hasn't already heard through gossip

@alijar: If he's posted as another character then you know he's active so for now I'd suggest waiting or just make the first move yourself

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Phogen will absolutely be getting experience for the espionage thing s/he's got going. Its exactly the sort of thing the Makuta were hoping for from smart Rahksi.

Phogen: "Aww, you flatter me. It is simply because I have learned from the best." She grins and nods toward Teridax

Speaking of, as 'sons' and 'daughters' of Makuta, is there any sort of familial connotation there? More for hilarity involved in wondering whether 'dad' will vaporize you for stealing cookie dough from the bowl than anything else.

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

How much it pays depends on the work. Some simple manual labour, using your greater strength and endurance to work bellows for a forge for example, would net you more payment the longer you did it. However you could also try for some more high end work, acting as muscle for one of the Ghosts to act against their competition. They probably won't give you anything too vital just yet as you'll need to earn a bit of trust and reputation first.

If you want to scavenge something from the Cauldron then its mostly up to you what you grab, but don't go nuts finding exotic or OP weaponry please

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Part of Clockwork's bio is that he already knows the Ghosts on phantom-on-the-water fairly well for a Rahkshi in teh academy. Is that okay?

Oh, and if one wanted to use poison for the assignment would one have to get a hold of actual poison? And are Rahkshi vulnerable to Doom Viper Breath?

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Ask a Lerahk probably. I really doubt you could get doom viper breath, probably an exorbitantly expensive poison, on an island isolated as Nyrah.

Good point. My issue is that there are likely no Lerahk with enough power to make anything potent.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Question:

If an assassin is taken out by their target before their own assassin gets to them and thus is permanently eliminated from the "game", does that assassin's assassin fail too?

EDIT: Wait, never mind. Saw the thing about " smashing into smaller bits".

Edited by namcurtsnoC

Dunno. It's hard to guage, especially when different characters seem to operate in faster timeframes than others... (Yes, I'm referring to Omega here ;) )

This roleplay...intrigues me. I would like to sign up. Oh, and namcurtsnoC? I like your sig. It cracks me up like a coconut tumbling down a cliff thats 600 miles high. And yes, that is possible. Earth's "space" zone, when there is no longer any breathable air, and gravity has little hold over your body, is around 2400 miles or so high. So yes, it is possible to crack a coconut that way. Just don't expect to eat it, or drink the milk, or whatever it is you do with coconuts. Also, I am autistic. Just a heads up. Let me know whether or not this works at all. Thanx!

Name: Dragonic

Variation: Is a Rahkshi of Electricity.

Level: 2

Gear: A special sword that Dragonic calls the Dragoncrusher. It looks a LOT like the new Tahu's magma board, but uh, only half of it, and it also does not have those flame pieces that are inside the sword. Also, it is bronze in color.

Appearance: Dragonic is uh...different from other Rahkshii. He couldn't fly normally, so, his exo-suit was...modified by the Nynrah in return for Dragonic...lets not go into detail on what he did(It involves blood, energised protodermis, and a bunch of other things.) He gained the ability to fly, and his suit was changed from the usual Rahkshii hunchback appearance into a more upright form, in other words, Dragonic can stand up a little bit straighter. Nothing like the rest of the Bionicle world, with the exclusion of a more vertical Bohrok, and some types of Rahi. Also, his armor has dragon head shaped shoulder armor, and his head plate also looks draconic. And his armor is all a wierd shade of...green...It is 2 shades darker than pastel, but, well, it is also 300 shades lighter than pastel green...No one knows how this shade of green looks the way it does.

Personality: He is destructive, has a mental disorder that takes over his mind when he is about to go into combat, and he calls it "Blood-Driver", since all that he can do then is try and draw a LOT of blood.

Bio:A warrior. That's the best way to describe Dragonic. He wields a sword, cannot wield a staff, is only good with bladed weapons, He also has a strange fascination with draconic entities, like protodermis drakes, or the kanohi dragon, or any of the other Rahi that are...well, dragonic. He spawned somewhat...differently from the other Rahkshi. His tube malfunctioned, and he had to be manually inserted into his old version exo-suit. He lacked the ability to fly, as stated before, and he is a soldier, an artist of words, and, well, he also gives riddles sometimes...His favorite is: "Long and dark, quick as a flit, it dies, wherever we cannot go." Not many people can understand this riddle, and Dragonic...He sometimes says this weird poem: "I am The Demon In The Cage, Who ate and drank Madness and Rage. I am Pure Evil, oh yes It's True, I want to Kill You All, oh yes I do." Not even he understands why he says it. It just seems to be...instinctive is the wrong word here, but it works best.

Edited by ToaDraconixMahvi

New character, approval decision please.

Name: Mahrika

Variation: Adaptation

Level: As of beginning of RP, 2: Improved adaptation to environmental conditions and combat tactics

Gear: A simple trident

Appearance: Mahrika has applied a silver dye to his armor, but the underlying black and violet partially show through. His spines are three uncurved, fenestrated triangles. His eyes are pale blue.

Personality: Mahrika is quiet and contemplative, and prone to brooding when upset. He appreciates and will gladly return the gifts of kindness and empathy, but easily forms grudges against those who offend him, even accidentally. It takes him a long time to forgive, and longer to admit when he is wrong. He has quite a moral superiority complex.

Bio: For all Mahrika is concerned, Corpus Rahkshi is a prison. He is determined to one day leave and never have anything to do with the Makuta again. In the meantime, he has done all he can to dissatisfy Tridax's hopes for him, refusing to participate in several assignments.

The only thing keeping him in attendance is the fact that he knows he is not yet strong enough or educated enough to survive the outside world, and the only reason he can bear to stay is the sea. He goes swimming in the ocean almost every night and sometimes even in the morning or evening.

The only subject at the academy which he enjoys is social science, particularly the history and culture of the Matoran. He is loyal to his few friends, including Exxan.

Edited by Akavakaku
  • Upvote 1

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

If you want to try poisoning your target then yes you're going to have to acquire some poison. I'm not feeling especially picky about what poisons you get though so if you want Doom Viper venom then go ahead. Just bear in mind thats going  to be lethal even to Rahkshi and will probably not make you any friends amongst the staff or students.

Dragonix: I can't help but feel that you're trying to get around the requirement to have a Rahkshi character and have a Toa instead. Would you mind altering his appearance a little so he's more Rahkshi-ish?

Mahrika is approved

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Okay, I apologise ahead of time if I start ranting here, but BZPtime seems to be a bit of an issue.

In the main RPG, all characters pretty much work on their own individual timeframes, but that's because there are a lot of different locations separated by huge distances, and a few hundred characters. Whether it's night or day isn't a big deal.

However, here in Corpus Rahkshi, our characters have an aversion to sunlight, and there are far fewer characters in a much more compact location/s, so I feel that establishing some kind of timeframe is important.

I can understand people pulling BZPtime to move from Corpus Rahkshi to the other island, but I feel like it should be used sparingly within the school itself, as it's already caused me a fair amount of confusion.

For example, yesterday Xara attacked Glass in the gym. While I waited for a response, Omega entered the gym, did some stuff, left the gym, went to several other locations around the school to do more stuff (I stopped paying attention after a while), went to his dorm and fell asleep, woke up the next morning (why a Rahkshi is waking up during the day is quite beyond me), then went to the refectory.

And all of that happened before Glass responded to Xara's attack.

(Vahkidane, please don't feel like I'm picking on you or anything; Omega isn't the only example, but he's the best one to illustrate my point.)

So yeah, I guess the point I'm trying to make is that we should probably all at least try to work on a similar timeframe with a more centralised game like this one.

Vir, Mihrak and a few others all mentioned in their posts that dawn was close. For Omega to have woken up "the next morning" he would have had to add a whole day. Also, if I recall correctly, one of Omega's naps went "for a few hours".

His current nap will last until Xara and Glass want him to wake him up. Which may be never... Mwahahaha... :D

Edited by Roman Torchwick