Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

The GM already makes events and times for us all to syncronise to. If everyone starts messing with the time-space continuum just so they can be part of everything, then this game is going to become incredibly confusing.

If you want to be able to take part in all of the major events, then make more characters, like Sil just did. Don't bend time.

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Name: Catatonic(Kat for short)

Variation: Fear

Level: 5

Gear: A large war hammer, with a great spike on one end for piercing attacks. Kat has acquired Scourge, an urumi sword that she can mentally control the twists and swings of.

Appearance: Dark gunmetal armor accented with purple tribal markings. These markings are visibly different than the ones she had before, forming a more geometric maze like pattern than the tendrils she once had. Her armor has been modified, increasing protection on most of her upper body, including the head, neck, chest, and arms. Blunted spikes extend from her joints aiding not only in defense, but offense.

Personality: Kat is a confident, sometimes reckless, Rahk, always responsible, and fiercely loyal to her friends and team mates. While she may not like several students, she respects everyone as a fellow student. Ultimately, she is a tactician, and performs best with a small, three Man squad.

Bio: Kat is the only spawn of a relatively minor Makuta, and after learning to read, Catatonic named herself after the most extreme synonym for fear. She's friendly, and generally believes that true strength lies in improving ones self, rather than sending pawns to their deaths. As such, she will never send an ally to do something she would be unwilling to do herself. Has since formed a strong relationship with Fang. Since the Deaths of Omega, Root, and Exxan, Kat has become less avant garde, and is beginning to withdraw emotionally. Despite this, she has started the beginnings of a rebellion, using the deaths of her friends to drive her as she leads a small group away from the school.

Edited by Chumpu
  • Upvote 2

The problem with this is that not everyone has the luxury of posting every day. And honestly, most of what's happened isn't bending anything, it's simply finishing up old business and posting for when that ends. I see what you mean, but no one has done anything that would be out of the ordinary, and has happened a few times even on the main RPG.

• Upvote 1

It's finishing fights, though. If a character has their skull smashed to a bloody pulp, or their armour shredded to confetti, they couldn't possibly be repaired in time for whatever their player has skipped to. And if someone dies, then that messes up the whole flow of the story.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

But they're not trying to kill each other. In fact, it would be really bad for them if they killed each other. Although Hashan's in pretty bad shape right about now, it's just a few arrow wounds that Palma would be able to fix up. She has the power of healing, it's not like human medicine, it takes much less time, assuming it isn't extremely severe. Yes, if their armor is blown into little fragments or their Kraata is cut to ribbons, it may take time, but not nearly as much time as it would if they were in our world. That's the great part about having Rahkshi, they have powers, and they're durable.

Whether they're trying to kill each other or not in this specific event currently happen is complety irrelevant. To put it in a way that won't be blocked by the filters: "Stuff Happens".

You shouldn't be making posts set after a major event, like a fight, unless that event has been resolved.

I do see your point, and I agree that there shouldn't be posts all over the place if someone wants to finish their conversation and participate in the next event. I just think some things merit the past & present posts if there are two important events going on in the game at the same time, such as a major fight and a major assignment. They should be kept to a minimum, yes, just enough to finish the fight and make sure the rest of the players can proceed in a timely manner. As long as there's a post saying Chekquars, Vir, and Hashan are currently outside, ready to join a team, just as a placeholder, is fine. As far as I know, none of them have interacted enough that if they had to retcon anything, just a few edits here and there should do it. Most of the interactions are with Tube, and I'd be fine fixing that.

I guess we can always leave it up to Ultron, being the game leader and all. :D

Well, there goes my chain of assassination that I so carefully formatted. :P I thought for sure Dodge was after Hashan, and then they're after Snake, and Vir's actually after Hashan! Guess I'm no Phogen.

You'll probably have to okay it with Alijar though. I'd imagine Hashan would lose at this point, considering he's covered in arrows, he's half blind, and Chekquars has hardly taken a hit. Vir didn't contribute all that much, though he can be excused considering his windpipe is crushed.

Yeah. Leave the devious stuff to Phogen. There's a reason s/he basically has two teams.

He got two people the wrong way around. And he made his chart solely based on simple logic and IC info from Phogen's interactions and the assassinations s/he witnessed. He showed it to me via PM when he was telling me who Xara's assassin was. Very impressive.

If you're trying to insinuate that Omega will destroy the school and crush all of the students who stand before him...

...I have my doubts. :D

Alijar, can we interpret your Now posts as confirming Hashan was defeated? It's not like he really stands a chance.

See? This is my problem with the time-splitting thing. You shouldn't be making posts set after a major event like a fight if that event hasn't been concluded yet. It just creates confusion.

If you miss out on something else because of it, tough luck. That's life. I think it's safe to say that this RPG will continue to run for a long while, so there will be plenty of opportunities in the future.

Everyone doesn't have to participate in everything, and distorting time and the flow of the story so that you can, I would argue, is pretty close to godmodding.

Not at all. The supposed confusion is easily avoided by opening posts in the past with "Earlier." There's no inconvenience to any other player when a small group is still RPing what happened in the past, as long as it's not something that could have a major impact on any character or event. In this case the only thing at stake is whether Hashan and Vir make successful assassinations. Whatever happens, the present isn't really affected, since any injuries will be healed by Palma who is right around the corner. And it doesn't disrupt time any more than a flashback in a novel might. It's not like the characters are actually time traveling.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

It does mean that Hashan failed the assignment though, and Chekquars passed with flying colors, having taken out his target and assassin at the same time!

By the way, I updated my assassination list from a few pages back. Maybe I'll just post it here if anyone wants it.

Edited by Click

I wrote down that he did, though I don't see how he helped all that much in the fight. If anything, he was hindering Chekquars, who was trying to kill Hashan. Really, you should have just submitted and teamed up with Chekquars to take Hashan down, but you never think of those things when the life is being choked out of you. Funny how near-death experiences work.

Teams Phogen and Exxan are filled. That's all that matters. :D

Dat first Wraith post... I like it. :)

Yes, Wraith seems like an awesome character, and though Tube isn't all that happy about it, I'm hoping you'll all join up with Chekquars. I'd say Hashann would have to be the leader, since Chekquars stepped down and Hashan needs a chance to prove himself.

Maybe. :P I'm just not sure if Kat and Wraith have the required experience to lead, and we all know Tube isn't going to step up anytime soon.

Looks like if that works out, Phogen, Exxan, Caotchouc, and Hashan have full teams, but Dodge is still a little understaffed. I could bring Hoto in to fill in the gaps. It would be a good chance to have her establish a place in the school independently of Fang.

Honestly, I think Kat's the only team minded rahk we have so far. Chequars is too wrapped up in being evil. Tube is, well, tube. Hashan doesn't seem quite responsible enough, and I honestly can't say much about wraith. Besides the fact that she's freakin cool. My two cents, I suppose.

Speaking of which, if Catatonic ever meets phogen, it'll likely be hate at first sight. Phogen exemplifies pretty much everything that Kat sees as being a terrible leader.