Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Well, Tube's lost, Wraith is playing the master assassin, and Chekquars and Hashan are off somewhere. The last three might have heard, but I doubt Wraith's in the mood to listen.

Speaking of Wraith, she just made a lot of enemies. As soon as they find out who fired (especially if Phogen gets hit), Wraith better watch her back.

Edited by Click

Is my character approved?

Sorry, was posting in the morning so my time before work was a bit limited. Rider is approved

And I assume the lights in general possess some metal component, whether it be a mount or connecting wires, or in the case of gas or fuel fed lights for the village, pipes. Either way, as long as they have that metal component, all is understood and fine. I will acquiesce to Ultron for judgement on the particulars of the lights.

The lights are essentially a more upgraded form of the ones used by Ga-Matoran on Mata Nui. The glow itself comes from the captured fish rather than electricity but the bulb is probably held in place by metal fastenings, and likewise the way the lights are held onto walls

Hey

Do Rahkshi need both of their feet to fly?

Yes. One or both could be prosthetic feet but you need two of them

• Upvote 1

7AOYGDJ.jpg

NAME: Cravex

VARIATION: Fear/Turahk

LEVEL: 2

GEAR: A set of twin-bladed daggers (would use the same piece as Pohatu Nuva's climbing claws); a collapsible staff, to which one of his daggers can be attached.

APPEARANCE: Slimmer than the average rahkshi, but not flimsy-looking—more of a wiry sort of slim. His head, spine, and extremities, while still recognizably Turahk-colored, are a deeper shade of red than average (post-2004 red).

PERSONALITY: Cravex is a bully, through and through. Reluctant to get his own claws dirty when unnecessary, he prefers to intimidate others into doing the hard work for him. An unsuspecting (and usually younger) rahkshi will be wandering through some corridor when Cravex will step out of a shadow, using his daggers and his nascent fear powers to intimidate his victim into submission.

Naturally, like all bullies, Cravex is a coward at heart. He uses his skills and powers at intimidation to keep others down as a means of hiding his own fears and insecurities, even from himself—ESPECIALLY from himself.

While he is capable of interacting amicably with his classmates (and will be superficially quite pleasant to those he considers an even match or a genuine threat), deep down Cravex has nothing resembling bonds of friendship with anyone. Anyone he doesn't treat as prey or a foe is a pawn to be used as soon as he can determine and exploit their weaknesses.

BIO: Upon arriving at the Corpus Rahkshi, Cravex initially stuck to the shadows, observing his new rivals and training his abilities. After he had gained modicums of both experience and seniority, he immediately began to target the weakest of the subsequent newcomers, pressing them into his personal service. After a while, he had built a modest network of spies and thieves, and was putting them to work to increase his power base.

“It would be such a shame if, suppose, some misfortune were to befall you...”

Oh boy, our first post-feature profile! I feel like Tube is going to be a ready target for this guy though...

And isn't Dodge so lucky? Here they are, surrounded by four girls, three of them ready to fight for them. Too bad they're genderless, or there could be some serious shipping going on. :P Just don't steal Fang's girl.

I meant Dodge is genderless. Wraith, Recoil, Hoto, and Kat all identify as female. :P

And well done, Tirigath. That was probably one of the funniest posts I've seen in the RPG, just because it made so much sense. It does seem like a bit of cheating to write in an NPC to tell you exactly where the warehouse is, but it was well chosen.

Designation: Raptor.
Variation: Accuracy.
Level: 2.

Pets: Wings, a small Gukko tamed with much help from Rider.
Gear: Protosteel longbow, arrows that double as melee weapons, a satchel containing tools used for experiments.
Armor Appearance: Slightly smaller than most others. A bit hunchbacked. Extremely thin, even for a Rahkshi. Mostly silver and some black, decorated with cyan feather-like designs. 

Kraata Appearance: Bright blue at the rear fading into dark blue near the head. Jagged edges on the sides and reptilian eyes.
Personality: Intelligent, skilled, and hyper. Fascinated by technology, the sciences, and logic. Is considered slightly insane by many, but can become a true ally to some. Very fast and agile. Crack shot with the bow. Physically weak and frail. Can be manipulated by scientific appeal. Naive and hyperactive.
Bio: Raptor came to Corpus Rahkshi ready to experiment. He read up on many different sciences, often locking himself away from the rest of the students days on end studying all he could. The first time he had interaction with any other Rahkshi was when he helped Fang after the latter took a beating from Exxan. Despite this act, Raptor has proven himself to many to be completely insane.

Edited by Gukko Lord

Name: Blaze
Variation: Adaptation
Level: 2
Gear: A large, heavy, flanged mace; a belt with a few pouches, mostly filled with knick-knacks and junk.
Appearance: Blaze takes her name seriously: She’s taken advantage of her yellow-and-red color scheme by painting the places where the colors intersect (the areas around the wrists, shoulders, hips, ankles and parts of the neck and torso) with flame-like patterns, often blending into orange. She has also gone ahead and painted her smooth, flowing spines a shiny gold.
Personality: A passionate, excitable rahkshi by nature, Blaze loves new experiences to the point where she actively throws herself at them. Whether a new skill, a new type of person, a new way of fighting or even new foods, she simply loves to try things she never has before. The months at the academy have somewhat tempered her recklessness, so she doesn’t automatically charge into a given situation without thinking at all, but she still tends toward action over caution and isn’t afraid of simply pushing all the buttons to see what they do. After all, whatever doesn’t kill her will make her stronger.
Outside of this, Blaze is typically friendly, cheerful and outgoing. Though she has a bit of a temper when roused, she generally means well and prefers making friends over enemies. She’s just as likely to forget a grudge in ten minutes as hold it for days, but she tends to form strong loyalties to those she considers friends.
Bio: If Blaze is reckless now, mere months ago she would’ve been practically suicidal if she didn’t have the power of adaptation. She knows that she will grow stronger from every experience, especially the defeats, and took this fact to heart, actively tossing herself at situations most would have approached cautiously or not at all. After several painful reminders that recursive adaptation doesn’t make losing hurt less in the here and now she has mellowed out somewhat, but hasn’t entirely lost her daredevil streak, despite being pummeled, burned, electrocuted, poisoned and tossed through a stone wall.

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

Name: Venge

Variation: Silence

Gear: Two katana, a small dagger

Appearance: Venge's coloration is rather dull, being mostly shades of gray with black highlights as well as black runes and markings on his body. His armor is smooth, as opposed to the rough contours of normal Rahkshi armor.

Personality: Venge speaks seldomly, but when he does, his words have great impact. He prefers to use a stealthier style of combat, focused around taking advantage of an opponent's blind spots and weak points. He devotes a good deal of his time to research, believing that learning good techniques are the key to victory.

Bio: In his few weeks at the academy, Venge has not made much of a name for himself, which he prefers. He tends to fade into the background quite a bit, staying out of social circles but nevertheless remaining informed on everything going on.

aouROFb.png

I for one am excited for all the new students. There appears to be some very interesting personalities I can't wait to interact with. I feel like there's going to be an archery match between Raptor and Chekquars at some point, and Tube will of course be rooting for their master. Blaze makes an interesting contrast with Mahrika, who is also Adaptation, and sounds like a fun character to meet. Maybe she can join Dodge's Harem. :P I can see Venge and Exxan meeting in the library and getting along well. I just can't wait to see what factions they join (Phogen's Cabal, Fang's pathetic Resistance, Caoutchouc's liberalists, etc.)

I also find it funny that everyone comes running as soon as Dodge goes down, but there were three other targets, and no one is caring about Caoutchouc. Exxan just hasn't gotten on (though they are in the battle with the Twins and Fang in the silence field), but will probably be well taken care of, and  Phogen's all good (of course), though only Squid and Omega, the ones that were there, bothered to check in. I just didn't realize Dodge had such a following. Maybe they do have their own faction of... I don't even know.

• Upvote 2

I think it's because they called for help, and a Rahkshi calling for help in and of itself is serious business. I support the Dodge harem idea.

Welcome, all you beautiful new players, too!

Edit because pronouns are a funky business.

Edited by The UltimoScorp

I feel like there's going to be an archery match between Raptor and Chekquars at some point,

Hmm... sounds interesting...

Those two are going to be best of friends or bitter enemies, mostly depending on how much of a follower Raptor is. :P Chekquars is our personal mastermind-in-training. Phogen's just sly (and probably already there).

And Dodge's Harem isn't quite "Official," but they do have three girls at their beck and call at the moment (possibly because they just got their leg shot off).

You know, forget my characters. I have way too much fun with this whole RPG. The only way it could possibly get worse is if Fang pops is Kraata out of his headplate and goes around scaring all the Matoran (which doesn't sound like a bad idea...)

Edited by Click

I feel like there's going to be an archery match between Raptor and Chekquars at some point,

Hmm... sounds interesting...

Those two are going to be best of friends or bitter enemies, mostly depending on how much of a follower Raptor is. :P Chekquars is our personal mastermind-in-training.

Raptor is just a crazy scientist/sniper hybrid who'll follow assist anyone who'll listen to his ramblings. There're other ways, of course...

btw, just in case you missed my post, Wraith just fired force bolts at each of the team's leaders.

Sil, Exxan was explicitly stated to be down a narrow side street, and the other team leaders are all over the place around the village. I think it's somewhat unrealistic to say that Wraith was in a position where she could see and get an unobstructed line of fire at each and every one of them all at once. Plus, firing four shots at four different people in one go is kind of unfair. Realistically, the moment Wraith fired at one person, they would return fire, as Dodge did, thus Wraith wouldn't have had the opportunity to fire the remaining three shots. 

For these reasons, I'm going to ignore the attack aimed at Exxan. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick
  • Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

In other news, we have lots of new players! Yay for being featured on the front page!

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Name: Burst

Variation: Anger

Gear: Staff with two removable hooked blades on either end, a flail, as well as various "trophies" from the fights he didn't lose (broken bits of armor & weapons, e.c.t.)

Appearance: Like all Kurahk, Burst's armor is white, though his is pitted and scarred from the many (lost) fights he's been in the time he's been in school. After his Coma of several months, his damage has become somewhat more severe, with several cracks, including one running down the side of his faceplate. Seeking a way to make himself recognizable without such temporary things as paint, Burst has carved both eyeholes on his faceplate into jagged triangles, as opposed to the more rounded ones possessed by other rahkshi.

Personality: Normally, Burst isn't as unpleasant to be around as his outbursts would make him seem. He is willing to assist his fellow student's with their problems, and dislikes those who bully for fun. Being a Kurahk, he is highly impulsive, and will often do things that he later admits were a bad idea. He feels that servitude to the Makuta is inevitable, but that doesn't mean he approves of their methods. Burst can't help getting into fights, as his breed is constantly in an eternal state of rage. When not fighting, he mainly keeps to himself, to minimize his time spent recovering. Burst usually relies on surprising and disabling his opponents to defeat them, but when he is set off, he will swing his staff madly, doing tons of damage, but leaving himself wide open for attack, which almost always leads to his downfall. These failures have caused him to become downright sadistic towards any opponents that he actually manages to bring down, and he often has to be removed from these victories by force. Burst also has a fear of being tossed aside as worthless by the brotherhood of Makuta, a fear which has only intensified with the rapid leveling up of many of his fellow students. Burst possesses a small amount of repairing and machinery skill, as he's the one who made the blades on his staff detachable, and he's somehow managed to keep himself from falling apart after countless failures. 

Bio: During his time at the school, Burst has spent his time training his combat skills, recovering from his fights, and researching foul language. He plans to gain enough power so that the rest of the school will respect him, and the brotherhood of Makuta will see him as invaluable to their forces. 

During his first few weeks at the Corpus, Burst got into a number of fights, leaving his armor heavily damaged. Palma refused to continue repairing it after he returned to the infirmary three times in five minutes with the same injuries. One of his most memorable early fights was when he lost control of his rage and attacked a Rahkshi named "Revenge", simply for not hearing his request to spar. After some timely intervention from a certain Ussal crab, Burst was defeated and humiliated without ever landing a blow. After this, Burst vowed to find a way to prevent his eternal rage from controlling him, which has seen mixed success. The high point of his control came when he used his powers to defeat a shadow rahkshi known as "Abyssium" in a spar, while sustaining minimal damage himself. This newfound control wasn't to last, however, when Burst picked a fight with a fragmentation rahkshi, who quickly knocked him out, then proceeded to stomp on his head for five minutes straight. This fight gave Burst significant brain damage, as well as rendering him Comatose. When he woke after several months, he was taken to the Funeral ceremony by Porters. There, he interrupted Draco's mission to capture the rahkshi Haken, engaging him in a fight made interesting by Makuta Tridax's removal of gravity. The fight ended in a draw, when an ally of Draco's showed up and incapacitated Haken, forcing Burst to retreat. He then proceeded to hit a rock while flying down, and perform a fifty foot faceplant into the earth, which he survived. After an unsuccessful attempt to rescue Haken, during which he acquired his flail from the armory, he landed himself in the infirmary. This prevented him from initially taking part in the raid on Phantom-on-the-water. He showed up mid way through the raid, however, and quickly made up for his prior absence, killing over fifty Matoran, and destroying many buildings.

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Also, I don't mean to unnecessarily bother anyone, but can someone give me a quick rundown of what's going on at Corpus right now? Would it be better to wait until the event is over to join, or can I start playing as soon as my profile is confirmed? Thanks.

We're being Grinches and stealing Christmas Naming Day. You're free to start posting; I don't think you can "participate" in the event at this point (teams have been formed already), but you're free to fly over and cause miscellaneous trouble to the participants. Or you could hang around in the school.

Also, I don't mean to unnecessarily bother anyone, but can someone give me a quick rundown of what's going on at Corpus right now? Would it be better to wait until the event is over to join, or can I start playing as soon as my profile is confirmed? Thanks.

We're being Grinches and stealing Christmas Naming Day. You're free to start posting; I don't think you can "participate" in the event at this point (teams have been formed already), but you're free to fly over and cause miscellaneous trouble to the participants. Or you could hang around in the school.

Alright, thanks so much. Time to cause some trouble! *waits unmoving until profile is confirmed*