Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Oh... I didn't even think to try that one out. 

In other news, I vote that Fang and Dodge should still recieve fancy weapons. After everything they've both been through, they really do deserve to get something for all of their troubles. Anyone else agree with me?

Hear, hear! :P

Someone else would probably have to pick it up, since I doubt they're going to leave the infirmary anytime soon.

Oh... I didn't even think to try that one out. 

In other news, I vote that Fang and Dodge should still recieve fancy weapons. After everything they've both been through, they really do deserve to get something for all of their troubles. Anyone else agree with me?

Hear, hear! :P

Someone else would probably have to pick it up, since I doubt they're going to leave the infirmary anytime soon.

Dodge, for one, should really get a sacred weapon. I haven't been here long, but it seems that he/she/they've got themselves the worst injury so far.

Yeah, probably. Caoutchouc got some serious concussions a while back, Omega and Clock got impaled, Fang got a lightblaster to the face, and Green got shocked pretty bad, but nobody's lost a limb yet, and all of those were pretty easily fixed.

If someone were to pick them up a weapon, I suppose Raptor, Mahrika, or Dodge's Harem (it's probably official by now :P) would get my vote. I can see Raptor picking up a weapon as Exxan finds him and identifies the armor, saying Fang's a bad, bad Rahkshi (not raiding the village, how could he?). Mahrika could if he's not too mad at Fang (though personally, I wouldn't speak to Fang after that, he's kind of a Brakas at times and holds grudges, though he knows Mahrika's got his best interests at heart). And once these weapons get back to the school (I guess Kat's already got one), I'm sure someone will think the same thing about Dodge.

Edited by Click

If someone were to pick them up a weapon, I suppose Raptor, Mahrika, or Dodge's Harem (it's probably official by now :P) would get my vote. I can see Raptor picking up a weapon as Exxan finds him and identifies the armor, saying Fang's a bad, bad Rahkshi (not raiding the village, how could he?). Mahrika could if he's not too mad at Fang (though personally, I wouldn't speak to Fang after that, he's kind of a Brakas at times and holds grudges, though he knows Mahrika's got his best interests at heart). And once these weapons get back to the school (I guess Kat's already got one), I'm sure someone will think the same thing about Dodge.

But I've only been here for, like, a day, plus I didn't participate in the assignment. All I really did was be annoying...

I guess they can do it more than once, if that's what you mean. They just keep on changing depending on their environment, so permanent change would sorta be a disadvantage...

In other news, SO MANY PAAAAAGGGGEEEESSSS :P

Talking of drawings, I might do an a Wraith pic...btw, Nato The Roman, what program do you use to render your LDD models?

Edited by Sil
  • Upvote 1

Kathok

I'd read that at stage two the kraata couldn't be beaten the same way twice because of that, but I did wonder if it was too much. I could easily switch that out, go more for short-term adaptations in response to the situation.

()H-D()

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

It was talking about catching Kraata though, so maybe as they "adapt," it's more of a mental adaptation, that they learn faster to recognize traps they've been caught in before. Rather than adapting so the trap is ineffective, they learn new ways of avoiding it better than another Kraata would.

This could manifest in battle as a faster interpretation of attacks against you. If a Rahkshi beat you before by feinting to the left, then quickly striking from the right, you could recognize the feint later on and be prepared for the strike from the right, already imagining how you can dodge it. If they move too quickly (at least faster than before), or change their tactics, you don't gain much, but it can be useful. It's a bit more balanced that way.

...I keep telling myself that I'm not gonna come back to the RPG Forum ever again, and that I don't have the time for it. Then something interesting like this comes along and I start getting ideas like a deathmetal Power Scream Rahkshi or a Kraata that insisted on the usage of a defective, small Rahkshi and named itself Short.

Dangit Power. I thought I had escaped the clutches permanently.

I might join this little game. I'll have to think about it.

I think I know you, did you play A Hollow Cry?

That, and I AGM'd Truth for you way back when. That was a trainwreck and a half. X3

And yeah, I've decided I've got enough freetime to join this if I budget it correctly. Expect a profile sometime today.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC: Rider

"Don't count your husi before they hatch." Rider said. He flipped his Wakizashi around and slammed the hilt of the metal blade into her head.

Wait, how did Rider do that when he was explicitly out of reach even for his blade, let alone his arm?

Edited by Half-Dragon

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

I guess they can do it more than once, if that's what you mean. They just keep on changing depending on their environment, so permanent change would sorta be a disadvantage...

In other news, SO MANY PAAAAAGGGGEEEESSSS :P

Talking of drawings, I might do an a Wraith pic...btw, Nato The Roman, what program do you use to render your LDD models?

Nato the Roman. Lol. That name seems to have stuck.

The program is called POV-ray (http://www.povray.org/) , but you need a second program to convert it from an LDD file to a format that can be converted (http://ldd2povray.lddtools.com/). It can actually make the LDD files look like actual Lego sets, but a conversion like that takes days on my laptop, so I bring the settings down a little bit to make it run faster but still keep decent detail. 

• Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Okay, Ultron is giving out the rewards he promised all of us who participated in this assignment. IC your character visiting a storeroom and going through boxes and such, and he'll write a post at some point detailing what kind of fancy weapon you'll find.

Aside from that, here's the other news: Corpus Rahkshi wound up on BZP's front page, which is where all of these new players came from, which is why we're now averaging about ten pages a day. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OH MAKUTA IS IS GROWING!?!?

I need a moment to take this all in, but the longer I wait, the more it grows!

There. I think that addresses everything. Also: HELLO NEW FACES!

This is my first time doing one of these so here goes nothing!

Name: Revenge (also Vengeance or just Ven)

Variaton: Density control

Level: 2

Gear: special Zamor-sphere launcher, equipped with a small, dagger-like, bayonet.  the launcher also has a special apparatus (because anything that would be useful to put in a zamor is banned on campus) designed to fill a zamor with pure energy, making it explode on contact. (This is strong enough to send a Rahkshi flying several feet, bit won't do more than a scorch mark on it's own)

He also owns two books, one is a book of legends from the outside world, which he believes is complete fiction(how could a Toa ever even equal the might of a rahkshi?) but he enjoys reading it anyways.  The other book is simply labeled "Ven".  He refers to it as "book" It functions as his journal.  He usually doesn't carry his books on his person.

Appearance: The standard black-green of density rahkshi manifests itself on Ven as a black body with two green stripes, on on each side, running lengthwise along it.  His back spines are thin triangle shapes that end in curved hooks.  He has a special targeting scope over his right eye, this is only used for long-range shots.

Personality: Ven is reserved. The best way to try to be his friend is not to.  If you do try he will see you as a nuisance and dislike you even more.  Occasionally he will form a bond with someone who he holds dear and considers a friend. He is a fierce friend and he would risk a crawl in the sunshine without his armor for someone who he cared about.  He loves books, especially storybooks.  He also has a strange fondness for sunlight(when in armor) and one of his major "stress relievers" is to sunbathe with a good book.

He chose the name "Revenge" for a reason.  If you get on his bad side he will make your life miserable, when he runs away is when you should worry.  This policy of geting back when he is wronged extends to when his friends are wronged as well.

Also. he doesn't understand why a rahkshi would be anything else other than a male.

Bio: Venge's "father" was reluctant to participate in the Corpus Rahkshi experiment.  After much debate it was agreed that he would donate one kraata on the condition that he could keep the resulting rahkshi for one week at his personal residence.  Although the terms of the agreement prevented any interaction beyond a few sentences spoken through a door Ven got the opinion that his father cared for him.  While at his father's house Ven picked up a book of legends and read it.  He grew so attached to it that he took it into the school as well as the journal his father gave him to "foster higher-level thinking."

How did I do?

Edited because "Venge" was token

Edited to clarify blaster streingth.

*sniff sniff*

I smell a recruit....

• Upvote 1

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

Come, one and all, join Phogen's Heroes!

Victory. And conquest! 

Another character:

NAME: Zealot

VARIATION: Darkness

LEVEL: 2

GEAR: A staff with a thick bludgeon at one end (like a mace, but staff-length); a set of ritual daggers; a chain he wears around his neck bearing a replica of the Brotherhood of Makuta's insignia, carved from polished obsidian (or the protodermic equivalent); a stole lined with Brotherhood symbols draped over his shoulders (like what Turaga wear in the movies, only darker-looking).

PERSONALITY: Utterly devoted to serving the will of the Makuta, whom he practically worships. It just makes sense to him: rahkshi are spawned by Makuta, who are each more powerful than even a squad of rahkshi. He looks down on any rahkshi whose devotion does not equal his own (which is to say, all of them), but would crawl out of his armor and into the deadly sun if a Makuta demanded it.

BIO: From the moment the kraata who would later be called Zealot came into existence, he wondered about his origins. Discovering that he was created by a Makuta to serve their will provided him with all the answers he needed. He knew his calling immediately: to follow these beings and spread their gospel of shadow throughout the known universe. Upon arriving at the Corpus Rahkshi, he was disappointed to find his fellow rakhshi lacking in veneration for their fathers/mothers. But all would be well; they just needed to be shown the way.

Since then, Zealot (a name given to him by his fellow rahkshi, but which he embraced wholeheartedly) has taken to encouraging a more proper devotion to the Makuta through discussion, the occasional speech, and the development of social activities meant to focus the rahkshi's collective mindset towards their service to their masters. In the deepest level of the campus to which he has proper access, he has begun the construction of a shrine to the Makuta, with sculptures of the various members of that species in their respective preferred forms lining the walls, and Great Teridax, Makuta Primaris, resplendent in his Kanohi Kraakan, looking down on his children from behind the altar.

“Praise be to the Makuta, by their will shall we triumph!”

(Note: he's not intended as an observation on religion in general, just a form of the “Priest of an evil god” archetype from various fantasy stories)

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I made a Makuta priest in the main RPG and sent him up to Kini Nui. No one's killed him yet. You'd be surprised how well unorthodox characters can do in these sorts of games... 

Don't worry, Phogen doesn't bite... unless you get in the way of cource

In that case, Phogen still doesn't bite. S/he gets someone else to do it, usually.