Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Ascetic physical differences in Kraata are completely different to a Kraata possessing one or more non-rahk powers.  

• Upvote 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Actually, that was what I was hoping for surprisingly. So, that's a win (if I can figure out a way to get a launcher and some spheres IC). Also, if Shock manages to get his hands on a launcher, could that be approved?

Would this launcher fire energy charged zamors that exploded?

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

I'm not getting melodramatic, this is the first you've said of approving the bio and I don't know how else I'm supposed to interpret: "There is no compromise". And is there any chance any of the revisions I've made to his profile are acceptable or that I can keep any aspect of his powers, just less powerful?

You were actually reading my posts, yes? Where I specifically said it was the powers I wasn't going to allow and had no criticisms for the bio and backstory? I would have thought that was some clue that I had no problem with the bio. 

And, once again, I'm not going to improve him with his higher power level. You want hunger powers then you start with kraata level 2 hunger powers and I'm not going to allow a fancy magic hand that lets him cheat around that.

Trying to use Squid as an example of "extra powers" that got allowed is a flawed argument. He's got the little flagella yes, but I was very sure to make sure they weren't prehensile. They're for looks and nothing else, no use as octopus-like arms. They don't give him any extra abilities, which Hunters hand most definitely does

7AOYGDJ.jpg

At least write his death IC, or something, rather than have him abruptly vanish from existence. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Alright if there's no way to balance the hand powers then I'll accept that.

Profile pending approval:

Name: Hunter

Variation: Vorahk

Level: 2

Gear: A grappling hook launcher which can be used to scale heights or wrap around an opponent's legs. The grappling hook is retractable meaning it can pull him up heights or pull an enemy towards him if wrapped around or hooked onto said enemy.

Appearance: A pale blue Rahkshi with jagged white lines painted on his helmet. His spines are bone white and flimsy and hang off of his back down to about hip height, instead of standing up (They would be no more than an annoyance in combat, they're not whips.). His right hand is slightly larger than an ordinary Rahkshi hand, has five clawed fingers (one of which is a thumb). This hand has a gash, running parallel to his arm, in the middle from a training accident. This makes handling everyday items with his right hand somewhat clumsy, though it can be deadly in combat. He has bright yellow eyes with black slits in the middle, perpindicular to the ground. Slightly taller than average Rahkshi.

Personality: He sees other Rahkshi as inferior but allies. He absolutely hates treachery to the Makuta and seeks to punish any who betray his masters. He is staunchly loyal to the Makuta and doing their will, especially his creator Gorast. He is very scheming and manipulative and is willing to lie and sacrifice even loyal Rahkshi to suit the goals of the Makuta or even himself, but would never do such a thing to a Makuta and would desist if ordered to do so (unless Gorast gave orders that contradicted with another Makuta, in which case he would obey Gorast)

Bio: He was created as a precaution against these new Rahkshi rebelling and trained to hunt potential traitors. He was sent to Corpus by Gorast to capture the treahcerous Mangai, alive if possible, for his first mission. (Gorast created both of them). Other than intense training under Gorast for his given mission in life, he has done little else.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Not trying to pick apart the profile or anything, but can you refresh my memory about what Mangai did to earn himself the ire of Gorast and how she found out about it so quickly if it happened inside of the school?

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

So if a charcter is not approved, every element of the bio must be scrapped? What is the point of a rule like that? In fact I have seen people edit characters you did not approve and then get them approved. How is this any different?

A.) I have no qualms with the bio, Hunter being specifically designed to hunt down rogues. So don't be so melodramatic.

B.) Its all the extra powers I've got a problem. I've laid out the problems I have with them clearly and a number of times now.

C.) If you're going to define your character entirely by the powers they have then you haven't got the best character there

Actually this post if your first mention of approving the bio which is why I said you had made no mention of it previously (as in befroe this post). I have been reading your posts and just double checked all of them. If I missed something would you please quote it for me?

Also Mangai has done nothing yet, But he has a plan and I will only begin using Hunter once he attempts this plan.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Following on from Timageness' point, how would Gorast and Hunter know he's called Mangai now? 

Also Mangai has done nothing yet, But he has a plan and I will only begin using Hunter once he attempts this plan.

Ninja'd. Never mind. 

Edited by Locus

They wouldn't necessarily. And don't Rahkshi have some kind of bond with their Makuta meaning the Makuta could probably sense treachery? At the very least I'd assume Tridax would keep the rest of the Brotherhood informed about Corpus or perhaps Gorast has a messenger in the school. And they may very well not know about the name change.

Edit: Do you guys think night vision goggles would be overpowered?

Edited by ToaKapura1234

They wouldn't necessarily. And don't Rahkshi have some kind of bond with their Makuta meaning the Makuta could probably sense treachery? 

Normal Rahkshi aren't capable of treachery, because they're bound to obey only the will of their Makuta. I think it's been established that the new breed rahks have a much weaker link, and most of them are too far away from their Makuta for them to sense anything. 

At the very least I'd assume Tridax would keep the rest of the Brotherhood informed about Corpus or perhaps Gorast has a messenger in the school. 

Tridax isn't at Corpus right now. And considering there's only three other people at Corpus aside from the actual students, I'm not sure who would be delivering messages for Gorast - or why they'd feel compelled to do so. 

Night Vision goggles on a Rahkshi is kind of redundant.

They can already see just fine in the dark.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Night Vision goggles on a Rahkshi is kind of redundant.

They can already see just fine in the dark.

Unless it's capital D Darkness. 

Okay, cool then. And I was thinking that Gorast might have a student spy in the school. Plus Tridax may very well be back by the time I begin using Hunter. If anyone wants to volunteer a character to have been Gorast's spy, you can PM about it. So do you guys think his grapple launcher is overpowered or is that probably fine?

We are talking about the Makuta. (she created both my characters, assuming Hunter gets approved now and is thus part of their backstory). So are there any other Rahkshi created by Gorast here?

If anyone wants to volunteer a character to have been Gorast's spy, you can PM about it. 

Not meaning to rain on your parade, but I don't think you've thought this through.... 

I just read up on Gorast, and she's described as being a warrior with a fierce temper and fanatical faith in Teridax. I can't think of a reason why someone with that sort of personality would be spying on Corpus Rahkshi in the first place. 

Furthermore, why would someone want to be a spy for Gorast, and how would they do it? There's no way for any of the students to communicate with the other continents, and the vast majority of them have no reason to do so.  

So are there any other Rahkshi created by Gorast here?

I don't think so, but I could be wrong. Most players don't seem to specify who their character's Makuta is.

Perhaps a Rahkshi created by Gorast would send letters. And Gorast's loyalty to Teridax is why she would be spying on the school and created Hunter, to insure that none of these new dangerous Rahkshi would betray him.

• Upvote 1

So, I just ran a search, and this was the only thing I could find relating to characters who were spawned by Gorast: 

Because of the essay test, the Trinity Brothers came from Gorast, but I wanted to have them come from another Makuta.

I really don't see why any Makuta would need a spy, let alone the legendarily brutal Gorast. Tridax is taking notes on everything that goes on on the Academy, and those notes are presumably available to any Makuta.

And even if anyone did send a spy, it would probably be Mutran or Chirox, fearing that Tridax was being dishonest in his reports. If Gorast had the same fears, she wouldn't send a spy, she'd pin Tridax to a wall and demand the truth in exchange for his life, I think.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Alright if there's no way to balance the hand powers then I'll accept that.

Profile pending approval:

Name: Hunter

Variation: Vorahk

Level: 2

Gear: A grappling hook launcher which can be used to scale heights or wrap around an opponent's legs. The grappling hook is retractable meaning it can pull him up heights or pull an enemy towards him if wrapped around or hooked onto said enemy.

Appearance: A pale blue Rahkshi with jagged white lines painted on his helmet. His spines are bone white and flimsy and hang off of his back down to about hip height, instead of standing up (They would be no more than an annoyance in combat, they're not whips.). His right hand is slightly larger than an ordinary Rahkshi hand, has five clawed fingers (one of which is a thumb). This hand has a gash, running parallel to his arm, in the middle from a training accident. This makes handling everyday items with his right hand somewhat clumsy, though it can be deadly in combat. He has bright yellow eyes with black slits in the middle, perpindicular to the ground. Slightly taller than average Rahkshi.

Personality: He sees other Rahkshi as inferior but allies. He absolutely hates treachery to the Makuta and seeks to punish any who betray his masters. He is staunchly loyal to the Makuta and doing their will, especially his creator Gorast. He is very scheming and manipulative and is willing to lie and sacrifice even loyal Rahkshi to suit the goals of the Makuta or even himself, but would never do such a thing to a Makuta and would desist if ordered to do so (unless Gorast gave orders that contradicted with another Makuta, in which case he would obey Gorast)

Bio: He was created as a precaution against these new Rahkshi rebelling and trained to hunt potential traitors. He was sent to Corpus by Gorast to capture the treahcerous Mangai, alive if possible, for his first mission. (Gorast created both of them). Other than intense training under Gorast for his given mission in life, he has done little else.

Better, approved

So if a charcter is not approved, every element of the bio must be scrapped? What is the point of a rule like that? In fact I have seen people edit characters you did not approve and then get them approved. How is this any different?

A.) I have no qualms with the bio, Hunter being specifically designed to hunt down rogues. So don't be so melodramatic.

B.) Its all the extra powers I've got a problem. I've laid out the problems I have with them clearly and a number of times now.

C.) If you're going to define your character entirely by the powers they have then you haven't got the best character there

Actually this post if your first mention of approving the bio which is why I said you had made no mention of it previously (as in befroe this post). I have been reading your posts and just double checked all of them. If I missed something would you please quote it for me?

Not bringing the bio up means I didn't have any problems with it, because I didn't see anything that needed changing. That is the point I was making there, Kapura. I only ever talked about wanting the powers dropped, so where you got the idea about wanted the backstory gone as well I don't know

We are talking about the Makuta. (she created both my characters, assuming Hunter gets approved now and is thus part of their backstory). So are there any other Rahkshi created by Gorast here?

While its not been mentioned IC, the Trinity Brothers (Toxin, Bullseye, Stronghold) have been mentioned to have come from the Tren Krom Peninsula; Gorast's territory. Arcticfreeze has recognised their 'parentage' OOC, saying that Gorast is indeed their creator

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I'm with Johnrahk on this one. I think you've picked the wrong Makuta for this idea of yours. Spying is something I'd expect from one of the more scheming Makuta, and it seems completely out of character for a warrior like Gorast. 

Again it doesn't have to be a spy, though I'm open tto switching Makuta. Would Vamprah be a more fitting candidate?

Edit: Ah, ninja'd by Ultron. I'll just keep it Gorast then. Perhaps a trinity brother could be the spy if arctic approves.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Gorast did use Vultraz to do a lot of her dirty work in the main story, though I think in the RPG's time setting that hasn't happened yet

I just looked that up: 

Sometime later, Vultraz acted as a spy for Gorast, and specialized in spying on Matoran who had the potential of rebelling against the Brotherhood of Makuta.

I'd still argue that Gorast would have no reason to spy on another Makuta. Why would she suspect Tridax of treachery? 

Edited by Locus

Not treachery, incompetence.

BS01 describes Gorast as pretty much having blind faith in Teridax, his plan, and the Brotherhood in general. If Tridax was tasked by the Brotherhood to oversee Corpus Rahkshi, I don't think she would question it.

She certainly wouldn't go behind his back and send a spy.  

EDIT: Okay, someone how the space bar made it post too early. Finish it properly in a moment...

We saw nothing. This never happened....

Edited by Locus

You know, now would be a good time for a Kaita on Visorak...

About the spy: I think Chirox would be the best Makuta to choose for such a thing. His rivalry with Tridax has been well established, and it would make sense for him to distrust Tridax and send a spy to validate (our contradict) the information in the official reports.

Also I'd like to mention that Vlad is Vamprah's son, though definitely not a spy. He might even have been basically disowned by now for being so disappointingly averse to darkness.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

I can definitely see why Vlad is Vamps's son :P

@Ultron: Is it ok for my characters to have gone into hibernation as a result of their Makuta(s) dying? It's the best reason I can think of at the moment - the psychic shockwaves caused by his/her death, the sudden severing of the mental link etc.

Kathok

Phogen's father I have defined in the serials, and hinted at in her bio, but never stated outright. Instead of taking a purpose approach, like a spy or an experiment or a donation, I have tried to really design her personality and hopes and dreams as someone who instinctively feels as if they were raised by *the* Makuta. Go after that son/daughter of Makuta idea, so to speak.

Specifically, in Phogen's case, someone who idolizes their father, sees them as their hero. Someone who has been taught what it means to love something by their father. Someone who would take a small gesture of rhetoric, such as a replacement set of armor and an off-hand admission of paternity, as a brilliant ray of hope that is cause for a manic sort of ecstasy. Someone who has had to grow up remarkably fast in the absence of their hero, and has noticed, painfully, that their father cares very little for them, and probably barely notices that they exist. Someone who, instead of blaming the father for never being there, blames themselves for not being good enough to deserve their attention.

For all Phogen's interal excuses that he/she wishes to rule the world, for the good of the world, or wants to be at his/her father's side when he completes his plan, all she really wants is to know her father loves him/her. Thats what fuels her ambition, deep down in that child that never was.

In my case, I used the parentage to deepen Phogen, and take my intially simple idea of a makuta in a rahkshi's skin and turn it into a complex, three dimensional character. I don't mean to imply that missions and other uses for parentage are any lesser, I actually find those backstories some of the more interesting ones, but I simply wanted to provide the strategy I used when incorperating that character element, and open it up for anyone else who would want to use it.

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

Actually, that was what I was hoping for surprisingly. So, that's a win (if I can figure out a way to get a launcher and some spheres IC). Also, if Shock manages to get his hands on a launcher, could that be approved?

Would this launcher fire energy charged zamors that exploded?
I was thinking more along the lines of Zamors filled with electricity that, on impact, would release a burst of electricity about 4 feet in diameter.

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg