Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

I want to name a rahkshi a specific shade tone or tint of a color, like violet, aquamarine, lime or burgundy now. :/

Anyway, I don't really understand the point of having a wobbly spine, wouldn't a Makuta see it as a flaw and scrap the shell entirely? It can also be used as a weak point and what's a breakdown staff?

Edited by Liuth
  • Upvote 1

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC explanation is he felt he had better things to do or just forgot about the spine. OOC, she's based on a MOC I have and could never get the spine to sit right.

As for the staff, I'm sure there's an actual term for it but I have no idea what it is, so I called it breakdown. Basically she can pull the ends off and store the staff bit, using the ends as boomerangs.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

Era being allowed to live was a deliberate act of cruelty on her Makuta's behalf. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I don't think anyone does. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

But no one takes Ghidora seriously, so I guess it doesn't really mean anything. 

IC: Burst

As adrenaline filled his veins, Burst felt Draco's arm begin to give way. Soon, the Cyclone rank would be unconscious on the ground, and Burst would be halfway across the school. Out of the corner of his eye, Burst saw Draco grabbing at his leg with his spare hand. Not wanting to know what would happen to it if he succeeded, Burst partially unwrapped his leg from Draco's, and did his best to alternate between kicking at Draco's arm and at the back of his knee.

OOC: Are both of Draco's hand's poisoned? I was under the impression that it was just one. If it's the former, it would actually be pretty funny if Burst and Draco KOed each other at the same time.

Both are poisoned, yeah. Also, with all of Burst's energy focused on pushing Draco's arm down towards his head, would he be able to notice it? Generally, I'm okay with stuff like that, except that it has been established that pretty much allof Burst's energy is focused on pushing the arm down, and I would think that he would have a tough time focusing on kicking the arm while putting all of his strength into pushing the arm. Also, it would take a bit of time to see the attack and move the foot which is locked around the leg of Draco currently- you would have to do that instantly, and while Rahkshi have good reflexes, I doubt that Burst could not only see the attack while putting all the focus on pushing Draco's arm down, but also have the time to unravel his leg from Draco's that quickly.

I edited the post.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

He would burn all of them...that is, if he could get past the wall of flowers...

Talking of burning things...

I'd be forever in debt to whoever interacts with Torch, I friendless but generally cheerful pyromaniac currently standing around aimlessly on the Causeway (pretty near the school).

As for the spine debate, I always got the impression that spines were sensors.

Kathok

Well, I've been wanting to join this for months; time to stop dithering about it. Not sure what time this week I'll be able to start posting, but I figured I might as well slip in and get these two approved.

Name: Sepulchral
Variation: Density Control
Level: 2
Gear: Sepulchral’s primary weapon is Brutalizer, a huge Morningstar stolen from Bitil’s armory before his departure for the academy; its head is made up of six separate blades held in place with a system of sturdy mechanical latches. A hidden catch near the head ejects the blades at high velocity when pressed; after travelling up to fifty yards, they will be pulled back to their housing and form the head again.
He also wears a slightly tattered black cape sewn together from various scraps, and adds to its length whenever he is able. It features several hidden pockets on the inside, in which Sepulchral is given to stashing interesting, valuable, or potentially destructive trinkets [which upon his arrival includes a few small books, a small set of carving chisels, a few unusually colored/shaped rocks, a small, discreet jar of herbs (he’s not sure whether the Academy food is as dreadful as he heard, but it’s best to be prepared), and a handful of widgets]. He has also been known to wrap the garment around himself as a crude form of protection from the sun.

During the destruction of Phantom-on-the-Water, Sepulchral acquired the Eye of Karzahni, a small eyepiece consisting of a lens and rotating outer frame, which he keeps attached over his right eye. When activated by twisting the frame, it highlights weak points in nearby beings and structures with translucent markers, which vary in brightness depending on the level of vulnerability of the target. However, it takes a few seconds to activate, and makes an audible whirring noise while turned on. 
,Appearance: Sepulchral has modified his armor extensively, though his revisions are purely aesthetic; his most notable structural alterations were to his shin armor, which is nearly double the typical length and juts up far above the knee, and to his spine area, which is much steeper than normal and shaped something like a warped half-pyramid [think of a few 2.0 torso shells, tilted back and out and shoved up next to each other, and you're in the ballpark]. He is entirely black and grey, except for a bit of green paint daubed on his spines, and several areas on his limbs and waist where he has replaced or supplemented his armor with fiery orange crystalline protodermis. The result is what he describes as a “decidedly daemonic appearance”.
Personality: Sepulchral has inherited a measure of his creator’s flaw—ambition driven by insecurity—and is quietly determined to be the best he can possibly be, in as many areas of expertise as possible. As a result, he has already built up a rather unpredictable fighting style and a decent grasp of psychology, not to mention a formidable vocabulary. Another result is that he tends to think of himself as being more “cultured” or “civilized” than his peers.
Unfortunately, his studies are not exactly helped along by his mental state, which could best be described as precarious. In addition to his “Bitil-complex”, Sepulchral is also afflicted with a mild form of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, occasional anger-management issues, and a tendency to lose track of whether he is speaking aloud or not, all of which tends to interfere with the whole imposing/erudite image he tries to cultivate.
Bio: Sepulchral is one of those poor souls born to lousy parents. Specifically, his “father” is none other than Makuta Bitil. In his rather isolated sphere of influence, Bitil was unaware of the advent of this new breed of Rahkshi. He set to training his new elite warrior, but had the caution to send out loyal spies, to see whether any of his fellows had acquired a similar game-changing minion. For his part, the new Rahkshi was an eager student, and quickly adopted a name which he felt conveyed the proper blend of menace and intellectualism.
Unfortunately, Bitil had badly overestimated the competence of one of his operatives, who was clumsy enough to bring the rest of the Brotherhood down on his head. The upstart was informed that any future anomalous Rahkshi must be reported, and told in such a way as to make him extremely likely to comply with this demand in the future. Sepulchral himself was thoroughly interrogated, and subsequently shipped off to Corpus Rahkshi, his brewing psychological issues aggravated even further by the experience of being ripped away from the only home he had ever known.

Upon his arrival at the school, he nearly got himself killed in a brutal fight with Malady, at it was only with assistance from Lucid that he reached the infirmary alive. He later was among the perimeter guard during the razing of Phantom-on-the-Water, though with a marked air of reluctance...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Beat
Variation: Plasma
Gear: Beat’s favorite weapon is a large axe—a parting gift from her unusually indulgent Makuta—which she has christened Dicer. The entire weapon is totally heat-resistant, allowing her to channel her power through it without the risk of damage.
She also keeps a supply of green and silver paints, which she will use to paint over any chips in her armor, whether real or imagined.

During the razing of Phantom-on-the-Water, Beat found a set of kinetic bolas, whose weighted ends are charged with energy by spinning them. When thrown at an opponent, any impact on the weights--including the impact resulting from wrapping around a target--results in the accumulated energy being released in a powerful localized shockwave.
Appearance: Beat has painted her armor in a combination of flat silver and an eye-wateringly vivid lime green. Nothing too complex, but the juxtaposition tends to make her stick out of the crowd, which is precisely how she likes it.
Personality: Extremely outgoing and somewhat overly belligerent, Beat likes to be noticed. While generally cheerful and pleasant, she responds poorly to both hostility and boredom, and picking a fight tends to be her default reaction to either situation.
Bio: Even before joining the academy, this young Rahkshi was already beginning her training, spending hours at a time wiping the floor with her Makuta’s henchmen. Shortly before leaving home, she overheard one of her frequent punching bags sparring partners complaining to another about how “that blasted Rahk just can’t be beat”. She immediately christened herself Beat out of pure contrariness.

She scarcely had time for a single spar before Gorast commanded the destruction of Phantom-on-the-Water. Beat agonized over whether to participate in the slaughter, but the decision was taken out of her hands when she was taken down by a Matoran mortar shell, effectively incapacitating her for the remainder of the assignment.

Edited by Dark_Stranger

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

It is always on, but the serum drains them faster when they are in a fight or race. They avoid fights for this very reason. So yeah, they do need to dope a lot unfortunately, which is generally why Malattia always has a case of the pills on them. However, if they take a pill while they are at full strength, they could risk serious illness or death. So Malattia has to take one when they are weakened quite a bit.

Seems fair enough, but I will be watching see Captain Rahkmerica here's powers don't get abused

Name: Fader

Variation: Chameleon

Gear: He carries a modified Kanoka launcher that has a magazine consisting of five level four teleportation disks. His goggles allow telescopic vision when used.

Appearance: The rahkshi is painted navy blue and black instead of red and gold in order to be hidden in dark areas or at night. His feet are padded in order to make less noise when moving and his frame is skinnier, smaller and lighter than a normal Rahkshi shell. The rahkshi's head is modified to have Akaku scopes that can be deployed when necessary. When in use, they look like night vision goggles. He lacks a spine, a trait shared only by Tangirahk for different reasons.

Personality: Fader appears to be shy and quiet to most people, but he is simply remaining quiet because he believes unnecessary sound gives him away. He believes information is power and eavesdrops whenever he can in order to gain valuable information. The only time he speaks is when he addresses his father or wants to gain more information and must speak to whoever he needs to question.

Bio: A Makuta known as the "Ghostly Killer", believed there were many people who were out to get him, especially Makuta Tridax. He created the chameleon Rahkshi and sent him to various locations in order to get valuable intel on his potential enemies. After proving to be extremely effective, as Fader warned the Ghostly Killer of a group of toa recruited by the dark hunters to eliminate him. The Ghostly Killer sent his offspring to Corpus Rahkshi after Fader kept requesting he be allowed to visit the school.

Post has been edited. I originally said he had to restock on Kanoka since in the gen 1 story, kanoka lost their powers when used too often.

Fader approved

They got sliced like twigs by a Dark Hunter blade, I believe. (Raptor)

Anyway, Vaalku's old suit had especially thick and twisted ones, and even they snapped at the ends when Deadeye slammed into them.

Wait, you're talking about the Raptor/Phantom fight, yes? Not a particularly good comparison, given it was implied Phantom's swords were all kinds of crazy sharp. The fact that he grew them out his arms should have been some clue to them not being normal blades

Name: Blue

Variation: Chain Lightning

Gear: A breakdown staff, the ends of which double as boomerangs when removed and unfolded.

Appearance: Nearly identical to a standard Rahkshi shell, apart from every armor plate, skeleton part, and joint being made from a silver protodermis. Her three spines are straight and sharp, like sword blades, though the middle spine seems to be loose, wobbling from side to side. Her eyes as well, instead of the standard red, glow a bright blue, where she derives her name from.

Personality: Silver makes a great attempt to fit in with other Rahks. She tries to be friendly, strong enough to hold her own, and tough enough to take abuse. She has a very strong moral compass, and her version of justice is what she strives for in everything.

Bio: Pulled from the Kraata pits early, Silver found her Makuta father to be a bit absentminded, at best. Though he recognized her intelligence and potential, he very rarely accomidated her. The suit he had provided was all made of the same material, though bright and shining it provided little variety. He built her staff and spines, though never fixed the broken middle spine for her, and the staff is flimsy at best. She has made do, however, by mainly using the staff ends as her weapons. While she appreciated being recognized, she eventually grew resentful of her absent 'father' as she thinks of him. She began to act out, taking what she felt she needed when he forgot about her requests for it, and even sabatoging projects she felt took too much of his time. Eventually he grew tired of this, and sent her off to the school Tridax had founded.

Sounds like a stupid question, but whats a breakdown staff? Just a staff she can snap in half to use as the boomerangs? Or did you just mean the way the Rahkshi can apparently make the hafts of their staffs vanish leaving just the blades at the end?

Well, I've been wanting to join this for months; time to stop dithering about it. Not sure what time this week I'll be able to start posting, but I figured I might as well slip in and get these two approved. 

Name: Sepulchral

Variation: Density Control

Level:

Gear: Sepulchral’s primary weapons are Heartbreak and Mindbreak, a pair of knuckle-dusters stolen from Bitil’s armory before his departure for the academy. To all outward appearances, they are serviceable, but perfectly ordinary weapons of their type—however, each is capable of projecting dual prongs of psionic energy. These prongs attack the mind as well as the body, and slowly regenerate any damage to themselves while retracted, but can be parried just like a normal blade.

He also wears a slightly tattered black cape sewn together from various scraps, and adds to its length whenever he is able. It features several hidden pockets on the inside, in which Sepulchral is given to stashing interesting, valuable, or potentially destructive trinkets [which upon his arrival includes a few small books, a small set of carving chisels, a few unusually colored/shaped rocks, a small, discreet jar of herbs (he’s not sure whether the Academy food is as dreadful as he heard, but it’s best to be prepared), and a handful of widgets]. He has also been known to wrap the garment around himself as a crude form of protection from the sun.  

Appearance: Sepulchral has modified his armor extensively, though his revisions are purely aesthetic; his most notable structural alterations were to his shin armor, which is nearly double the typical length and juts up far above the knee, and to his spine area, which is much steeper than normal and shaped something like a warped half-pyramid [think of a few 2.0 torso shells, tilted back and out and shoved up next to each other, and you're in the ballpark]. He is entirely black and grey, except for a bit of green paint daubed on his spines, and several areas on his limbs and waist where he has replaced or supplemented his armor with fiery orange crystalline protodermis. The result is what he describes as a “decidedly daemonic appearance”.

Personality: Sepulchral has inherited a measure of his creator’s flaw—ambition driven by insecurity—and is quietly determined to be the best he can possibly be, in as many areas of expertise as possible. As a result, he has already built up a rather unpredictable fighting style and a decent grasp of psychology, not to mention a formidable vocabulary. Another result is that he tends to think of himself as being more “cultured” or “civilized” than his peers.

Unfortunately, his studies are not exactly helped along by his mental state, which could best be described as precarious. In addition to his “Bitil-complex”, Sepulchral is also afflicted with a mild form of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, occasional anger-management issues, and a tendency to lose track of whether he is speaking aloud or not, all of which tends to interfere with the whole imposing/erudite image he tries to cultivate.

Bio: Sepulchral is one of those poor souls born to lousy parents. Specifically, his “father” is none other than Makuta Bitil. In his rather isolated sphere of influence, Bitil was unaware of the advent of this new breed of Rahkshi. He set to training his new elite warrior, but had the caution to send out loyal spies, to see whether any of his fellows had acquired a similar game-changing minion. For his part, the new Rahkshi was an eager student, and quickly adopted a name which he felt conveyed the proper blend of menace and intellectualism.  

Unfortunately, Bitil had badly overestimated the competence of one of his operatives, who was clumsy enough to bring the rest of the Brotherhood down on his head. The upstart was informed that any future anomalous Rahkshi must be reported, and told in such a way as to make him extremely likely to comply with this demand in the future. Sepulchral himself was shipped off to Corpus Rahkshi, his brewing psychological issues aggravated even further by the experience of being ripped away from the only home he had ever known…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Beat

Variation: Plasma

Gear: Beat’s favorite weapon is a large axe—a parting gift from her unusually indulgent Makuta—which she has christened Dicer. The entire weapon is totally heat-resistant, allowing her to channel her power through it without the risk of damage.

She also keeps a supply of green and silver paints, which she will use to paint over any chips in her armor, whether real or imagined.  

Appearance: Beat has painted her armor in a combination of flat silver and an eye-wateringly vivid lime green. Nothing too complex, but the juxtaposition tends to make her stick out of the crowd, which is precisely how she likes it.

Personality: Extremely outgoing and somewhat overly belligerent, Beat likes to be noticed. While generally cheerful and pleasant, she responds poorly to both hostility and boredom, and picking a fight tends to be her default reaction to either situation.  

Bio: Even before joining the academy, this young Rahkshi was already beginning her training, spending hours at a time wiping the floor with her Makuta’s henchmen. Shortly before leaving home, she overheard one of her frequent punching bags sparring partners complaining to another about how “that blasted Rahk just can’t be beat”. She immediately christened herself Beat out of pure contrariness. 

I can't really allow Sepulchral's knuckle-dusters. A weapon that cuts you up mind and body seems a bit OTT for what would be allowed at Corpus Rahkshi.

Beat, on the other hand, is approved

Edited by Wyrd Bið Ful Aræd

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Sounds like a stupid question, but whats a breakdown staff? Just a staff she can snap in half to use as the boomerangs? Or did you just mean the way the Rahkshi can apparently make the hafts of their staffs vanish leaving just the blades at the end?

It sounds like the former to me. Just a Rahkshi staff that breaks into a basic staff and two boomerangs, and then can be reassembled.

Thanks!

To be perfectly honest, I was a bit worried about Sepulchral's weapons myself, but I had grown to like the concept so much that I couldn't bring myself to discard them without being told, just on the off-chance they'd make it.  :P  I'll just fall back on my original idea: 

Gear: Sepulchral’s primary weapon is Brutalizer, a huge Morningstar stolen from Bitil’s armory before his departure for the academy; its head is made up of six separate blades held in place with a triple-redundancy system of telekinetic energy, magnetism, and mechanical latches. A hidden catch near the head ejects the blades at high velocity when pressed; after impaling the nearest person/object [or travelling about fifty yards, the limit of their range], they will be pulled back to their housing and form the head again.

He also wears a slightly tattered black cape...(etc.)

Better?

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

Hey Kovika, I'm still waiting for an edit to that last Sidonas post. It'd be nice if we could get this fight over with. 

Edited by Locus

Hey. How are y'all doing?

First of all, kinda want to apologize to Locus. As I mentioned yesterday, I've been kinda out of whack due to depression and some situations that have been messing with me recently. Yes, Sergei did mention the reason IC wise for Sido offing himself, but after thinking clearly and putting some stuff into consideration, I'm going to edit, let him get KO'd by Sliver, and see what happens from there. Not killing off my characters and leaving for the record. The OOC reasons I mentioned earlier? Just forget those, as that is what a combination of lack of self confidence, depression, and low self-esteem will do to you. Locus, I'm sorry for doing too many convenient dodges and being unrealistic, and also for rambling constantly with little realism thought in. Going to try and work on that, as it needs improvement.

Edit: Edit Sidonas post. Once again, I sincerely apologize for recent behavior. Hope I've learned from this and can improve in the future.

Edited by Kovika
  • Upvote 4

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

We all have bad days. Sometimes situations crop up where it's better to just take a step back, do something else, and come back to look things over later on. That's all perfectly understandable. 

Okay, I've been working on a new profile for a while now. I think it's ready. Corpus, I now present to you the Swiss Army Rahkshi.

NAME: Gaever

VARIATION: Plasma

LEVEL: 3

GEAR: Gaever has surpassed the need for gear. Or perhaps she is the gear. Either way, she doesn't really have anything special that isn't her suit.

APPEARANCE: Gaever is quite tall, mostly gunmetal colored with green accents and head. She has made numerous modifications to her Rahkshi suit, including:

- Triple-jointed spring-loaded legs, enabling her to walk/run roughly 50% faster than a normal Rahkshi, and jump much higher - over a standard Rahkshi, even, if she has a good start and has recently tightened her springs.

- Various tools built recessed into and pivoting out of each of her large claws, similar to a large high-quality Nynran Army Knife, specifically:

- a screwdriver, with swappable bits stored in the base
- an adjustable wrench
- a pen
- a sawblade suited to cutting metal, with a file on the side
- scissors which double as a knife by folding back one blade
- pliers
- tweezers
- a caliper

- Lenses built into her headplade, offering magnification of up to four times when in use and capable of being pivoted up away from her eyes when not
- Non-retractable blades built into the backs of her forearms
- An artificial Rhotuka built into her left shoulder, which channels her natural Plasma powers into a Rhotuka which inflicts painful, if not very damaging, burns.
- A notebook embedded into her right arm for easy access

- A device which appears as a small detachable armor plate adorned with a single button. Upon activation by this button, a Hau-like shield is briefly summoned, vehemently knocking anyone or thing closer to Gaever than arm's length away from her. It requires a period of recharging before it can be activated again, which for simplicity's sake is not exactly specified but such that it can only be used once a fight. Looted during the sacking of Phantom-On-The-Water.

PERSONALITY: Gaever is rather lofty, not only in stature but bearing. She shamelessly believes that, by virtue of her razor-sharp intellect and application thereof, she is superior to pretty much everyone else around her. After all, they're tied to theft-susceptible bags and satchels, lugging around weapons on their slow double-jointed legs while she races about with everything she could need built into her own armor. Gaever also looks contemptuously on the arts, considering them a waste of time and the creations of inferior intellects. Her focus on the technological and mechanical, however, leaves her somewhat socially awkward, unable to manage foregoing long technical words in even casual conversation and incapable of discussing much outside the realm of mechanisms and engineering.

BIOGRAPHY: The only intelligent spawn of an obscure Makuta, Gaever was doted on by her parent to no end. Constantly reminded of her superior intelligence, she was encouraged to take advantage of full access to her Makuta's extensive technical library, and did so, focusing primarily on engineering and technological works. Given free access to all the materials and tools she could desire, she created a number of ingenious devices during her stay, earning ever more laudation from her proud Makuta for her superior achievements.

Eventually, though, she was sent to Corpus Rahkshi, where it came as a shock to her that she was no longer quite so superior to everyone else. She was still vastly above average in intelligence even for New Breed Rahk, she knew, but so were others. Many had even built their own gadgetry, their own mechanisms. So Gaever resolved to one-up all others once more, and after accumulating the necessary materials from the Cauldron and the necessary supply of gruel from the Refectory, she locked herself in her dorm for weeks. Unabated by the aging of her food supply (not like it ever tasted any worse) and goings of the outside world, she worked continuously to improve her Rahkshi suit until she had reached a point where she felt enhanced sufficiently enough (and had run out of useful materials) to reenter the world.

And so she did, soon she entering and winning a spar with Grim. When the 'Sports Day' was announced Gaever rushed to participate, eager to prove her superiority, and somehow numbed herself to the wrongness and fought effectively against the Matoran - at first. Eventually, she grew sickened by the many murders she carried out in the Makuta's name, and was left somewhat unstable due to the guilt and the horrible realization that her capacity for cruelty was far inferior to that of many others.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff
  • Upvote 2

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

That's... really nothing new. I doubt there has been a point in time throughout all Corpus history when the hallways were completely free of fighting.

Though if you're referring to the Taltrun/Cordak fight, the both of you involved should really check out the level two section of the Kraata Powers guide. You're both far less powerful than you think - Taltrun can't be shooting anything out of his eyes yet, and Cordak is far from capable of shapeshifting into anything other than a slightly differently shaped Rahkshi.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg