Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Hopefully Booger at least gets his fingers back before you leave.

Rail's kind of swamped with other things at the moment, so he'll likely just return them if he's confronted about it.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Rail really ought to take a break, stop taking on all of this unnecessary responsibility. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Asking Rail to take a break is like asking Illusive to just turn himself in, and we both know that's not going to happen.

Besides, if he doesn't step up and try to establish order in Corpus, who will?

Phogen?

Shark?

Icarax?

Agree with his methods or not, I think he's still the safest candidate for the job... and so far, he's the only one coming forward to do so as well.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Asking Rail to take a break is like asking Illusive to just turn himself in, and we both know that's not going to happen.

Sorry to disappoint you, but that's actually one of the options I've been very seriously considering. 

• Upvote 3

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Sorry to disappoint you, but that's actually one of the options I've been very seriously considering. 

Really...?

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Yup. I mean, think about it.

He goes in and lets Icarax read his mind, to uncover the sad truth - that Illusive is just a bitter, broken guy, who tragically lost his brother and went mad with grief and rage - he's the real victim. :P

Gorast and Icarax didn't seem to have a problem with it. In fact, they actively encouraged it. :D

Gorast and Icarax also might not have had a problem with it because they seemed to perceive the Matoran as the offending side of the conflict.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall the post regarding what they knew of the situation specifically mentioning that the villagers became hostile because of the students'... mistreatment of them, just that the students had them make them contraband and that they were taking advantage of The Cauldron before they eventually did start defending themselves. Considering its proximity to the school, Phantom-on-the-Water could've just as likely been one of their assets, especially with the amount of tech they happened to be producing there (see every Rahkshi who obtained an advanced piece of equipment (one way or another) from them).

If that is the case, something tells me that the Makuta aren't going to be too happy once they learn who is really at fault, which is something Rail plans on addressing when he does eventually find Icarax.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

But Icarax already knows whose fault it is: Tridax.

Well, then he might not know the exact extent of the damage he's responsible for.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

A set of twin rahkshi ready for approval.

Name: Biohazard

Type: poison

Gear: Poison staff and tubes of non-toxic slime

level: 2

appearance: green with a biohazard symbol on his chest. Thin and tall

Bio: The king of practical jokes, he  loves nothing more than playing pranks on anyone he can.

personality: More overbearing and eager than his sister, he often takes his pranks too far, and does more than irritate his victim.

Name: Pollution

Gear: poison staff and tubes of non-toxic slime

Level: 2

appearance: green with a pollution symbol on her chest. stout and short.

Bio: The queen of practical jokes, she loves playing pranks on anyone she can

Personality: more easy-going and laid-back than her brother, often has to reign him in.

Shared gear: a shadow garden, a box of plants for the slime hat need to be kept out of sunlight, and a non-portable chemistry set for producing their slime.

The non-toxic slime they can produce has three variations: sticky, slippery, and gross.

Edited by le-toa_rock

Okay, I'm going to be totally honest: I've given up on this assignment. 

It's been a fortnight since Click first suggested bringing it to an end, and despite Wyrd's assurances that the two remaining assassins were active characters, in the two weeks since he said that we still haven't found either of them. 

• Upvote 4

So, since there isn't much time before Smudge leaves and he's mentioned he'd like to get Revenge back to the school before then, I'd like to propose that as soon as interaction with Fior and Nymph can be wrapped up, we put Vlad's group through a timeskip.

Basically we'll skip actually describing every step of the lengthy process of the group going around to all the vulnerable villages near the school, and instead move past all that to their return to the school. From an IC standpoint they will still have completed their mission of frightening/preparing the nearby settlers, of course, it's just the precise details of the process won't be transcribed, except perhaps retrospectively in the post immediately proceeding the skip.

Is everyone involved okay with that?

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

So let me get this straight...

A small group of characters is intending to visit and frighten/attack every isolated, backwater settlement and village within several hour's flight of the school - an action that should by all rights be extremely dangerous and would potentially take days to complete, given the distance between locations and the need for rest breaks - and you're planning to have it all conveniently happen - with total success and no one being injured/killed - completely offscreen. 

That's ridiculous, unrealistic, and pretty unfair as well. 

A small group of characters is intending to visit and frighten/attack every isolated, backwater settlement and village within several hour's flight of the school - an action that should by all rights be extremely dangerous and would potentially take days to complete, given the distance between locations and the need for rest breaks - and you're planning to have it all conveniently happen - with total success and no one being injured/killed - completely offscreen. 

Otherwise Smudge has to leave without even getting Revenge to the mainland.

But this is an action that could potentially impact every single character in the game.

Look at it this way: a Makuta destroying one village close to the Rahkshi school is one thing. Rahkshi then leading coordinated raids on every single settlement and village within several hour's flight of their school is something else entirely.

You can't have your characters do something with so much potential to impact the game and everyone in it, but have it happen offscreen. That'd be like Illusive taking over the school with an army of Matoran slaves - that he got offscreen. 

Our characters will return weary, battered, injured. And not having visited necessarily every village (and I have my doubts there's even a dozen anyways), just a few - word of Rahkshi presence will spread well enough from there.

I admit it's not ideal, and realize that you're predisposed to hate the idea anyways since it's directly in opposition to Illusive. Without Smudge due to leave so soon, I definitely would be trying to play out this whole thing IC; if the game were moving faster we'd have finished the whole process by now, but as you know it's been regrettably slow. As it is I'd like to give Smudge the chance to get Revenge back to the school before he leaves, and this is about the only good way I can think of.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

But this is an action that could potentially impact every single character in the game.

Look at it this way: a Makuta destroying one village close to the Rahkshi school is one thing. Rahkshi then leading coordinated raids on every single settlement and village within several hour's flight of their school is something else entirely.

You can't have your characters do something with so much potential to impact the game and everyone in it, but have it happen offscreen. That'd be like Illusive taking over the school with an army of Matoran slaves - that he got offscreen. 

Illusive pulling an army out of nowhere is different, Nato.

And like Sergei said, it's the best- and only- option at this point other than drop everything and head back to corpus for no reason.

Well, all OOC reasoning aside, let's think about the time table.

To begin with, let's go under the assumption that, based on how much OOC time it has consumed, this assignment has at least taken a day or two to complete. Vlad and Co. left shortly before the assignment to travel to Illusive's village, which was said to take a few hours travel time. They surveyed the area, interrogated Burn, then moved on to the next village from there. Realistically, Vlad and Co. need only visit a few villages, and I doubt that every single village on the island is several hours apart. It's entirely possible with how far Illusive went that they could visit several villages on their way back. Just a quick flyby, maybe a carvings or thrown rocks, and that village is "ready."

All of that could easily be accomplished within a day or two. Yes, Vlad and Co. would return exhausted, and likely injured, but it could be accomplished.

Now, OOC reasoning comes in. I know that last minute rush to get everything wrapped up before you leave. I know how frustrating it is when the game is moving so slowly that you know it is entirely possible you won't get to everything, and you are going to have to just disappear. If there's any way we can ease that tension and send Smudge off on a good note, I say we go for it. So what if it warps spacetime a little, or makes the Matoran slightly more terrified than they already are? We've had far more gamebreaking moments for less.

• Upvote 1

Well, all OOC reasoning aside, let's think about the time table.

To begin with, let's go under the assumption that, based on how much OOC time it has consumed, this assignment has at least taken a day or two to complete. Vlad and Co. left shortly before the assignment to travel to Illusive's village, which was said to take a few hours travel time. They surveyed the area, interrogated Burn, then moved on to the next village from there. Realistically, Vlad and Co. need only visit a few villages, and I doubt that every single village on the island is several hours apart. It's entirely possible with how far Illusive went that they could visit several villages on their way back. Just a quick flyby, maybe a carvings or thrown rocks, and that village is "ready."

All of that could easily be accomplished within a day or two. Yes, Vlad and Co. would return exhausted, and likely injured, but it could be accomplished.

Now, OOC reasoning comes in. I know that last minute rush to get everything wrapped up before you leave. I know how frustrating it is when the game is moving so slowly that you know it is entirely possible you won't get to everything, and you are going to have to just disappear. If there's any way we can ease that tension and send Smudge off on a good note, I say we go for it. So what if it warps spacetime a little, or makes the Matoran slightly more terrified than they already are? We've had far more gamebreaking moments for less.

Thank you, Click.

I admit it's not ideal, and realize that you're predisposed to hate the idea anyways since it's directly in opposition to Illusive. 

Illusive has nothing to do with it. My issue is that you're trying to use the excuse of "so-and-so's leaving soon" as justification for doing something you'd never be able to get away with under any other circumstances.

Up until this point, we've been allowed to interact with and attack the Matoran on the island, so long as we do so responsibly. Having your characters conveniently manage to put every single settlement and village the other students could feasibly visit on high alert, escape unharmed, and have it happen off-screen, is not responsible of you, or fair on anyone else. 

As it is I'd like to give Smudge the chance to get Revenge back to the school before he leaves, and this is about the only good way I can think of.

If you really wanted to give Smudge a chance to get in some interaction back at the school before he leaves, then let his character go back on their own, or postpone the trip to all of the villages until after he's left, or something similarly sensible. There are plenty of simpler, fairer solutions than distorting RPG time beyond recognition to suit your own needs, and make events that would severely impact the rest of the playerbase happen off-screen just because it's inconvenient for you to act it all out IC right now. 

To begin with, let's go under the assumption that, based on how much OOC time it has consumed, this assignment has at least taken a day or two to complete. 

This is - in a word - ridiculous.

I know the assignment has been going close to two months OOC, but it's likely only been a few hours IC, given the interactions that have transpired elsewhere in the school. It's no different to the other assignments we've had in the past that have taken a while IRL, but only lasted a short time in-game. 

I know how frustrating it is when the game is moving so slowly that you know it is entirely possible you won't get to everything, and you are going to have to just disappear. If there's any way we can ease that tension and send Smudge off on a good note, I say we go for it. 

So this justifies allowing a large group of characters - not just the one belonging to the player who's leaving - to wander off and do a whole bunch of game-changing stuff that could potentially impact the entirety of the playerbase off-screen? We aren't allowed to conveniently acquire new weapons, or skills or powers or slaves off-screen, so I don't see how this would be permissible either. Especially when, as you pointed out, the game is moving quite slowly right now. 

I don't see how it's fair on the rest of us for you guys to casually handwave away the rules we're all meant to be following for the sake of one person, regardless of who they are or what their circumstances happen to be. I know you lot certainly wouldn't make allowances like this for my sake, nor would I be selfish enough to ask for them. 

You're overreacting, Nato. We're trying to do something nice for a real person, and you're arguing the most mundane things. As I said before, but you seem to have ignored, these attacks will do nothing. Phantom on the Water was basically obliterated. Illusive just attacked another settlement. The Matoran can't possibly be on any higher alert than they are right now. The only people this affects are those who are in the interaction, and most of them have already agreed to it. The time they distort will be negligible.

Up until this point, we've been allowed to interact with and attack the Matoran on the island, so long as we do so responsibly. Having your characters conveniently manage to put every single settlement and village the other students could feasibly visit on high alert, escape unharmed, and have it happen off-screen, is not responsible of you, or fair on anyone else. 

These aren't even attacks. Vlad has specifically said these will occur without harming Matoran. All he needs to do is fly by to remind them Rahkshi are on the prowl or to carve things in the forest. And it won't even be to every village, just a few of them. Johnrahk has already said they will not return unharmed.

If you really wanted to give Smudge a chance to get in some interaction back at the school before he leaves, then let his character go back on their own, or postpone the trip to all of the villages until after he's left, or something similarly sensible.

Though this is a reasonable solution, Revenge has absolutely no reason to leave right now. You would rather he pull some completely out of character response out of nowhere than rush this interaction?

To begin with, let's go under the assumption that, based on how much OOC time it has consumed, this assignment has at least taken a day or two to complete.

This is - in a word - ridiculous.

I know the assignment has been going close to two months OOC, but it's likely only been a few hours IC, given the interactions that have transpired elsewhere in the school. It's no different to the other assignments we've had in the past that have taken a while IRL, but only lasted a short time in-game.

We've had several battles and a whole lot of nothing happening. Assassins and interactions have been silent for days OOC. Is it completely unreasonable that those silences extended an hour or two?

I know how frustrating it is when the game is moving so slowly that you know it is entirely possible you won't get to everything, and you are going to have to just disappear. If there's any way we can ease that tension and send Smudge off on a good note, I say we go for it.

So this justifies allowing a large group of characters - not just the one belonging to the player who's leaving - to wander off and do a whole bunch of game-changing stuff that could potentially impact the entirety of the playerbase off-screen? We aren't allowed to conveniently acquire new weapons, or skills or powers or slaves off-screen, so I don't see how this would be permissible either. Especially when, as you pointed out, the game is moving quite slowly right now. 

How is this at all equivalent to acquiring new weapons, skills, powers, or slaves? They aren't even interacting with any of the Matoran, and the situation remains unchanged. 

Edited by Click
  • Upvote 1

You're overreacting, Nato. 

No, I'm really not. I'm trying to be sensible, and fair to every other player in this game. 

As I said before, but you seem to have ignored, these attacks will do nothing. Phantom on the Water was basically obliterated. Illusive just attacked another settlement. The Matoran can't possibly be on any higher alert than they are right now. 

I think you're seriously underestimating the severity of this situation. Remember, I'm the guy who's contributed most to attacking and harassing the locals, after all. A Makuta obliterated the village closest to the school because the two sides were constantly fighting. A lone, possibly rogue, ground of Rahkshi led a brazen attack on an isolated camp, and failed dismally, with several of them being killed/wounded. 

But now Vlad's group is intending to lead coordinated raids/attacks/fly-by's/whatever on every nearby village and settlement, which is sure to have a massive psychological impact on the locals. Not only would they go from being relaxed to being on super high alert, but they'd quite likely start coordinating some serious defensive and offensive strategies of their own.

Small skirmishes between Phantom-on-the-Water and the school drew in a freaking Dark Hunter. If the locals begin to fear that Rahkshi are broadening their horizons and scouting around in preparation to potentially attack even more settlements, who knows what kind of reinforcements they might desperately try to call in?

Now, I'd be absolutely fine with all of this if it was was played out, realistically, IC. But having all of this potentially game-changing stuff happen completely off-screen really doesn't sit well with me. 

We're trying to do something nice for a real person, and you're arguing the most mundane things. 

It doesn't seem that way to me. It seems more like the group using that one person's circumstances OOC as an excuse to further their own agenda IC without having to put in any actual effort. It would be like if we rushed the rebels to deal with the Hand of Spiriah off-screen in order to accommodate for your own circumstances, Click. 

EDIT: Actually, I take that back; it's a poor example. Unlike this situation, dealing with the Hand of Spiriah off-screen wouldn't effect the rest of the game, just the players involved. 

Edited by Of Australian Origin...

I'm trying to be sensible, and fair to every other player in this game.

Really? Because it seems to me that you're the only one that has a problem with it.

I think you're seriously underestimating the severity of this situation... Vlad's group is intending to lead coordinated raids/attacks/fly-by's/whatever on every nearby village and settlement, which is sure to have a massive psychological impact on the locals. Not only would they go from being relaxed to being on super high alert, but they'd quite likely start coordinating some serious defensive and offensive strategies of their own.

And I think you're seriously overestimating the severity. How on earth are these Matoran relaxed? They just heard about or watched an entire village get destroyed by the Rahkshi, and they probably will soon hear of a second attack. If that hasn't prompted them to retaliate, how would flybys that harm no one going to goad them into it?

It seems more like the group using that one person's circumstances OOC as an excuse to further their own agenda IC without having to put in any actual effort.

Nato, you know all of the players involved. You've been playing alongside them for months. This is not about "furthering their own agendas."

Edited by Click

You're overreacting, Nato.

No, I'm really not. I'm trying to be sensible, and fair to every other player in this game.

Really? Because it seems to me that you're the only one that has a problem with it.

I think you're seriously underestimating the severity of this situation... Vlad's group is intending to lead coordinated raids/attacks/fly-by's/whatever on every nearby village and settlement, which is sure to have a massive psychological impact on the locals. Not only would they go from being relaxed to being on super high alert, but they'd quite likely start coordinating some serious defensive and offensive strategies of their own.

And I think you're seriously overestimating the severity. How on earth are these Matoran relaxed? They just heard about or watched an entire village get destroyed by the Rahkshi, and they probably will soon hear of a second attack. If that hasn't prompted them to retaliate, how would flybys that harm no one going to goad them into it?

It seems more like the group using that one person's circumstances OOC as an excuse to further their own agenda IC without having to put in any actual effort.

Nato, you know all of the players involved. You've been playing alongside them for months. This is not about "furthering their own agendas."

Even i have never sought after a long-term, game-altering goal that was my driving purpose for all my actions. The only task here is to accomplish Vlad's goal whilst including Revenge, and having him continue to interact with other characters before he has to leave.

You know what? I've had quite enough of repeating myself; so if the GM wants to go ahead and let a bunch of people use someone else's circumstances OOC as an excuse to distort time and bend rules IC, who am I to question it?

I'm not in charge, and I'm done having my points blatantly downplayed or outright disregarded by you lot simply because "it's the nice thing to do". I've said my piece, so I'll leave the final decision up to Wyrd. 

• Upvote 1

I agree, leave the final decision up to Wyrd.

Personally I would prefer the time skip, I figured they would only visit one or two villages any way.

Nato, I'm not saying this is what is happening to you, but I  of don't really think about you guys as real people that often. Sergei suggesting doing the time skip and the others supporting it is the first time a actually really thought about it.

Even if we can't do it I still want to say thanks.

Edited by Smudge8

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

A set of twin rahkshi ready for approval.

Name: Biohazard

Gear: Poison staff and tubes of non-toxic slime

level: 2

appearance: green with a biohazard symbol on his chest. Thin and tall

Bio: The king of practical jokes, he  loves nothing more than playing pranks on anyone he can.

personality: More overbearing and eager than his sister, he often takes his pranks too far, and does more than irritate his victim.

Name: Pollution

Gear: poison staff and tubes of non-toxic slime

Level: 2

appearance: green with a pollution symbol on her chest. stout and short.

Bio: The queen of practical jokes, she loves playing pranks on anyone she can

Personality: more easy-going and laid-back than her brother, often has to reign him in.

The non-toxic slime they can produce has three variations: sticky, slippery, and gross.

Given that Lerahk can usually only produce slime that sickens, how are these two making stuff that has different effects?

On the subject of the villages, as long as its just ones around where Phantom used to be and not every village on the island, there shouldn't be a problem. Nynrah is not some bustling metropolis with settlements nestled close to each other, there's likely only a couple of other actual villages around for Vlad and co to visit.

I hear one voice wanting to bring the assignment to a close, and I kind of agree since its been going on for a while and really started to feel lime a drag for most of it. Thing is, staying hidden was the half the job the assassins had, and I don't want to undermine the efforts of the two who've actually succeeded at it so far. Does anyone else think that Icarax should just bring a halt to the whole thing and reward those who deserve it

7AOYGDJ.jpg

those who tried or those who went around and brutally "killed" everyone

Pretty sure those two things are one and the same.