Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

It's a spiked wrecking ball! It's going to bloody well hurt! 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

To a human, sure, and, don't get me wrong, it should definitely do damage. 

But it's not to long a shot to say that a limited invulnerability Rahkshi could passively take more pain than a normal one. That's not to say it shouldn't hurt at all, just less than normal.

But yeah, his shoulder's useless now. 

Flails will you up.

If invulnerability Rahkshi were immune to pain I think it would say that somewhere... which it doesn't. Besides, at level two, only his skin is impervious to physical harm. Flails, maces, war hammers, etc. are designed to cause internal damage through armour. Stronghold should still be able to feel that. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Limited Invulnerability is just OP in general.

From BS01:

Level 1: Has a tough hide that makes it difficult to injure.

Level 2: Metal-like skin protects it from almost any physical harm.

Level 3: Possesses armor as strong as Protodermis and limited resistance to heat and cold

Level 4: Completely armored and immune to environmental extremes.

Level 5: Strong enough to resist the elemental powers of the Toa Nuva.

Level 6: Absolutely invulnerable to physical harm of any kind.

Why bother having Ice and Fire Resistance or similar abilities? This thing is practically invincible at level 2!

Why bother having Ice and Fire Resistance or similar abilities? This thing is practically invincible at level 2!

Except from A: internal damage, B: hypothermia, C: intense heat, and D (my personal favourite): suffocation. 

Make me wonder how anyone kills a Makuta.

Fe-Toa. Protodermis cages. Kaitas. Other magical plot devices. 

I feel like I should make a deus ex machina that just kills all four of my characters so that I can spend more time on my comics and school work, it's getting late and I really don't want to spend all night doing homework.

Just a thought.

Back on topic now, I might as well make my characters lose "gently" tomorrow if I don't feel like killing them off.

And also, don't forget the Makuta virus.

If the shell gets broken, the antidermis leaks out and the Makuta dies. That's what made Fe-Toa such effective Makuta-killers.

They could just tear them apart. 

The Makuta developed many viruses. One of them just happened to be found by the Order and used to assist in killing Makuta.

An armor-eating virus devised by Makuta Kojol and later released onto him by the Order of Mata Nui, destroying his armor. It was later used by Tobduk against Makuta Tridax.

Kojol was promptly burned later, and Tridax was killed by energy from Tobduk's staff.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

...and Disintegration, Heat Vision, Shapeshifting, Molecular Disruption, Stasis Field (forgot Whak was Stasis), Confusion, and Sleep, unless I'm forgetting something.

Mar'jik's been good about it. At low levels, Mind Reading is fairly useless except for detecting hiding students around you.

I have a Stasis Field... Flash.

~Just call me Shadow_Ignited~

You're not making a very good impression for Hoto, Roman.

Because Hoto didn't stop to ask for the full story. Recoil attacked Exxan and Caoutchouc, Rail talked her down, and then she attacked Rail. So the situation had already been resolved peacefully, but then Recoil screwed everyone over by attacking them again. 

Well, she was kind of busy taking your victim to the Infirmary. :D She thought she heard enough, but there's plenty she missed. It's hard seeing exactly what was going on when you're blind.

It's hard seeing exactly what was going on when you're blind.

I would have thought that because of exactly this she'd have learned not to jump to conclusions by now. 

Well, I didn't say she thinks Exxan is a monster now, but her suspicions are growing stronger. She might be a bit more hesitant to help from now on.

By the way, I found this interesting video on whip combat if you wanted to take a look at it for Era. No particular reason at all why I was looking it up. :D

Edited by Click

Illusive knows it but they came up with their own

Yep. You've got a good memory. I'd almost forgotten that. :D

The Twins developed their own means of non-verbal communication during the time before they arrived at Corpus Rahkshi, before they even learned what Matoran were, so Illusive only knows a little of the basics of the De-Matoran version. It's like learning a completely new language for him. 

Well, I didn't say she thinks Exxan is a monster now, but her suspicions are growing stronger. She might be a bit more hesitant to help from now on.

By the way, I found this interesting video on whip combat if you wanted to take a look at it for Era. No particular reason at all why I was looking it up. :D

But... Exxan isn't a monster... :( 

And thanks for the video. 

Okay, I was thinking since, in the third assignment the Trinity brothers are now known OOC to be somewhat friends with the De-Matoran on the Tren Krom Peninsula, I was hoping if Illusive or Silencer could understand sloppy, yet understandable De-Matoran sign language.

I've surrendered now Roman. Plz don't kill them.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

"...and Disintegration, Heat Vision, Shapeshifting, Molecular Disruption, Stasis Field (forgot Whak and Flash were Stasis... well...), Confusion, and Sleep, unless I'm forgetting something."

I know there's Love Guurahk, and there might be Disruption- and Confusion-Rahkshi whose names I can't recall. Not active characters, though.

Edited by Akavakaku

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

The Twins look like confusion Rahkshi. 

Also seems like a good chance to mention that Root and Vlad (at least) didn't make it to the first post.

Hmm, sorry about that, think I approved with a post made with my phone, which can't go editing the links in the first post without switching to the full version of BZP...which it can't actually load right (can't take all the images). Its why I try to only approve via laptop, because then I can edit immediately. However that being said, I'm currently posting via mobile, and Rain is approved. Hopefully remembering to add her will also get me to add Root and Vlad :P

On thr topic of invulnerability Rahks, my first option would generally be to go for the joints. Their power stops them getting hurt, it does squat to stop me dislocating one of their shoulders. I mean, I'm not breaking their bones or tearing their muscles, I'm just applying a bit of...destructive engineering. A bonus of that tactic is that you don't need super-powers to do it, and it works even on the sixers. My second option would be choking them somehow. But unless you're Exxan and can summon up a vacuum that means you're going to have to strangle them, which relies on you being around the same strength as that Rahk. There's a variety of Rahkshi powers that might also come in handy for disabling them, Hunger, Gravity and Magnetism being three off the top of my head.

And if we hypothetically target Stronhold himself as an example (sorry Arctic :P) then there's even more options to take while he's still relatively low powered. Extremes of heat and cold will boil and freeze him. Heavy impacts will give his still-squishy insides a nasty time. And there's the always useful light-based attacks, though I think its only Deadeye and Dodge (he still has that skyblaster of his, right?) who might find that useful

7AOYGDJ.jpg

But unless you're Exxan and can summon up a vacuum

I'm not sure exactly how effective his Vacuum would be for suffocating people at his current level, not unless they were in an enclosed space. Speaking of which, would it be reasonable to assume that Vacuum Rahkshi by their very nature would be able to hold their breath longer than other variants? 

Thought I'd clarify that now in case I ever wind up using that tactic in future. 

Excellent... I'll add that to my growing list of ways that Exxan can take out opponents. 

I know there's Love Guurahk, and there might be Disruption- and Confusion-Rahkshi whose names I can't recall. Not active characters, though.

Yes, Whakatio is a stasis field rahk and Dane is a weather control rahk.

Oh... Well, I missed a lot. I probably should have just searched through the topic to check. To be fair, it was entirely by memory. I've modified my posts accordingly. For posterity's sake. :D

Thanks, Ultron!

Edited by Click

I've been meaning to say this for a while:

You know how everyone keeps using this page to gauge the level of power a variation can hold...well, I've noticed quite a few don't really make sense due to the fact that this chart is talking about the Kraata themselves, rather than the rahkshi; for example, I'm pretty sure the Stage 2 slow power ("Able to anchor itself to a creature and rob it of speed") is talking about the kraata...it's pretty wierd if that's the rahk :P

Another example would be the Stage 2 LimitedInvun power you were just talking about ("Metal-like skin protects it from almost any physical harm") - Rahkshi already have metalic skin, so I'm pretty sure it means the kraata.

In most cases, they either work or can be changed slightly to make sense, (and it's the best guide we've got) but I just thought I'd point it out.

Edited by Sil

Kathok

While I see the point that you're trying to make for the Limited Invulnerability Rahkshi, Sil, you also have to remind yourself that pretty much everything else in the Bionicle universe has metalic skin. If weapons can cut through that already, then having extra armor for the suit shouldn't be completely outside the realm of possibility.

Now that I think about it though, what's a Kraata of Slow going to do by itself after robbing said target of their speed? Wait forever before whatever it's latched onto eventually rips it off of its body? That power makes more sense if it carries over to the Rahkshi as well.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.