Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

So is Vir. Anyway, I think right now we should establish once and for all whether intangibility is a sub-power of Density Control.

EDIT: Here's the full team roster as of now.

Caoutchoc's Team

Mahrika

Green

The Snake-Faced-Kid

Dodge-256's Team

Vir

Recoil

Phogen's Team

Xara

Glass

Omega

Flash

Exxan's Team

Illusive

Silencer

Squid

Mar'jik

Catatonic's Team

Wraith

Hashan

Unaffiliated

Chekquars

Tube

Hoto

Others?

Edited by Akavakaku

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Wraith is doin' a bit of team-hopping at the moment, so she might not stay in the current one for very long, depending on who she finds.

Zakaro: btw, Wraith is a Density Control rahk, not fear. When I said she was becoming more and less solid, I wasn't being metaphorical :P

Edited by Sil

Kathok

...I think right now we should establish once and for all whether intangibility is a sub-power of Density Control.

EDIT: Here's the full team roster as of now...

BS01 says Density Control Rahkshi don't get intangibility until level 4. Until then, they can strengthen their armor with density, and decrease density to be more agile and quick at level 3. So far, Wraith hasn't walked through anyone yet though (as far as I recall). Her abilities aren't just based on her powers, but just her armor modifications and personality.

What about Floor? Wasn't he on Caoutchouc's team?

And as of now, Chekquars and Tube are pretty much with Kat and Hashan. Wraith could go any minute, but for now is with them too. Hoto's going to join Dodge. Looks like we might have a few teams of four. I guess we all threw Ultron off when we all decided to add more characters to the mix. :P

Edited by Click

Caoutchoc's Team

Mahrika

Green

The Snake-Faced-Kid

Floor

Dodge-256's Team

Vir

Recoil

Hoto?

Phogen's Team

Xara

Glass

Omega

Flash

Exxan's Team

Illusive

Silencer

Squid

Mar'jik

Catatonic's Team

Wraith?

Hashan

Chekquars?

Tube?

Actually, as it stands Dodge is the only one who seems to need another team member.

So basically, Density Control is baryonic density, rather than mass-changing?

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

... (thinks about dinosaurs)... yes...?

(Googles it)... sure, if you say so. :P

EDIT: Actually, it sounds like it is mass changing. To protect themselves, they increase density, increasing armor mass and strength as well as their weight to give them more inertia. Decreasing density for speed or agility sounds like it would require decreasing mass, unless they increase in size (which seems slightly ridiculous). It's Bionicle physics. They probably just convert part of their mass into energy temporarily and store it somewhere or something (which would be extremely difficult here on Earth, at least to survive the transfer).

Still disappointed I couldn't find a meme with Baryonyx with Baryonic density.

Edited by Click

Then maybe it's both? Mass changing early on, then intangibility, whatever kind of "Density Control" that would be.

I highly doubt there were any physicists on the Bionicle Storyline team. :P Technically, to be able to pass through an object, you just need to get you and that object to absolute zero so the electrons and nuclei don't push against each other and stop moving, and your electrons and nuclei can pass through the empty spaces. You don't need to alter your density, in fact, it wouldn't help. The problem with that is it's rather hard to survive at 0 Kelvin, not to mention trying to get there.

How's about we stop trying to apply real life physics to Bionicle? As Greg himself once said: "Real life physics don't apply in BIONICLE, unless scientists discovered Protodermis yesterday and I wasn't told about it."

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

How is that me being snippy? 

I was suggesting we cut out the headache-inducing physics discussion and just accept that it works the way it does "cuz Bionicle physics". 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Nah, it's much more fun to over-analyze things to the point of absurdity just to sound somewhat technically competent. :D I'm still willing to accept that "Density Control = Intangibility because magic!," but this is much more fun.

And you were literally being snippy by taking a snippet of a conversation and posting it here. :P And you're one of the first people I've seen who just say "accept it, because it's Bionicle" and not immediately get attacked for it or being willing to totally accept it. Fandoms get weird after a few years.

• Upvote 1

:P And you're one of the first people I've seen who just say "accept it, because it's Bionicle" and not immediately get attacked for it or being willing to totally accept it. Fandoms get weird after a few years.

I tried analysing and theorising about this stuff. It ended with me having a massive headache and wondering how the heck they managed to break so many laws of physics. Now I just kind of roll with it. 

Yeah, that's pretty much what you've got to do. Greg made a serious mistake when he revealed that the Matoran Universe was made of molecules. That's just absurdity-fodder.

On topic, then. I swear this game is slowing down. Just a week or two ago, I'd stress on the hour-long ride from school back home that I would miss something big. Now there's nearly nothing for days. No wonder Exxan and Omega are getting antsy. I'm ready for something to happen (once Tube and Hoto's teams get confirmed, of course :P )!

I'm sure once the teams are finalised things will pick up again. Yes, the game has slowed down a little, but it's still quite fast compared to the other RPG's, and most of the topics in the BZPRPG. 

So yeah. To the people still not in teams: Please just pick a team!  :begging:

That's pretty much Chekquars, Kat, Wraith, Hashan, Tube, and Hoto. I'm just waiting on Squid to help Hoto over and Kat's team to finalize (face it, she's probably the best candidate for leader right now). Hopefully no less-active suddenly steps in, or another profile comes out of nowhere. If one does, we'll have Dodge fly over and snatch them at the first word into their team and just let everything continue without giving them a chance to react. :D

Yeah, I hope Zakaro gets a bit more active. That's part of the reason his and Alijar's fight went for so long. Plus Tube gets anxious without someone to tell them what to do. :D I see him on occasionally, but I guess there are (possibly) more important things than this RPG to worry about.

Edited by Click
  • Upvote 1

So... we kill Christmas and get presents for doing it? I love this assignment!  :evilbiggrin:  :evilgrin:  :evilmad:

Yeah, we still need to figure out how we get Phogen across the Causeway...

You guys didn't listen to Tridax, did you? He said he wanted evidence. An ash pile isn't evidence of anything. Hence why Exxan has ordered his team to pull down the decorations - not destroy them - as evidence to Tridax of their work.

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Do you guys ever get the feeling your characters have run away from you and you just type as fast as you can to try and keep up? Fang's long gone, he's been off since he took on Dodge. Hoto's getting there already. I mean, when I started with Fang, he was supposed to be that one (now more like "one of those") standoffish Rahkshi, cold, uncaring, and calculating. As I write him, he ended up with more of a rash, rebellious streak, and now here comes Fang, defender of Christmas!

About the density control thing: I assumed that Wraith just made herself slightly less dense (just to seem slightly transparent). I would assume that DC rahks could somehow hold themselves together when lowering density, otherwise every time they turned to liquid consistency they would melt and every time they got to gaseous consistency they would disperse and float away. I'm not sayin' that Wraith can do that yet, though...

Kathok