Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Then essentially you've got a Rahkshi who has two powers, regardless of how handicapped they are usually. So I can't really approve that.

Oh, and since I forgot to comment on the flying/running speed thing, yes flying is generally faster than running. Even with Kakarahk's mods he'd be unlikely to keep up. He's faster, sure, but that just makes him professional sprinter level faster while someone flying is Usain Bolt. They're not incomparable but one is simply going to beat the other

Most of Kakarahk's running so far has been without straining himself and mostly jogging-ish level and he's still sprinter level speed. So it was my imagining that if he pushed himself he'd be fairly likely to keep up. Is it alright if I say he's keeping up with some difficulty?

Edited by The Manhunter

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

The thing about comas is that one is very close to death. Additionally, I find it rather doubtful that either Vlad or Xara know about the specifics of comas.

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Wait, does removing a Matoran's Kanohi kill them? 

Hm.... I could've sworn I read somewhere that they fall into a coma and eventually die. Although it doesn't seem to say that anywhere, I still attest that removing the mask of a Matoran who is badly injured and is already unconscious, would probably kill them.

Additionally, I find it rather doubtful that either Vlad or Xara know about the specifics of comas.

How so? I think it's pretty safe to assume that any books on the subject of Matoran would make mention of that. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Wait, does removing a Matoran's Kanohi kill them? 

Hm.... I could've sworn I read somewhere that they fall into a coma and eventually die. Although it doesn't seem to say that anywhere, I still attest that removing the mask of a Matoran who is badly injured and is already unconscious, would probably kill them.

Additionally, I find it rather doubtful that either Vlad or Xara know about the specifics of comas.

How so? I think it's pretty safe to assume that any books on the subject of Matoran would make mention of that. 

Well, there most certainly is information of that sort in the Library. But have either Vlad or Xara made use of it? As far as I remember, Xara has never even gone in there, and Vlad might have, but I don't recall him looking up Matoran.

Vlad probably has looked up Matoran, in fact. He really likes the little guys - he used to spend a lot of time in Phantom-On-The-Water helping them out until some people made that impossible, and would likely have done a little bit of research on these beings who, miraculously, don't hate light.

But I will agree that it seems reasonable a Matoran already unconscious might be at risk of further harm by having his mask removed.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

As far as I remember, Xara has never even gone in there

Xara has been in there. Many times.

Her profile explicitly states that she often reads up on combat and strategy and so on, and I've made a few posts of her just reading in general. It's reasonable to say that she would've read at least one book on Matoran at some point. 

But I will agree that it seems reasonable a Matoran already unconscious might be at risk of further harm by having his mask removed.

I've edited my Xara post on the subject. I was so sure I'd read something about Matoran dying without their masks....

he used to spend a lot of time in Phantom-On-The-Water helping them out until some people made that impossible, 

*whistles innocently* 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Yeah, I saw the edit. Thanks.

I do wish we still had access to Phantom, though. Everyone's kinda stuck with whatever weapons they already had now unless they happen to know a blacksmith Surahk, or kill some Matoran and steal their stuff or something.

I know one Rahk who would be happy to forge a weapon for someone. Problem is nobody trusts him.. :(

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

From BS01:

"The most common type of mask is the powerless masks worn by Matoran. The process used to make the mask causes the energy to leak out, which is why these masks have no powers. However, they are needed for Matoran to live"

Key word is live. So yes they die if deprived of masks for long enough.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

As far as I remember, Xara has never even gone in there

Xara has been in there. Many times.

Her profile explicitly states that she often reads up on combat and strategy and so on, and I've made a few posts of her just reading in general. It's reasonable to say that she would've read at least one book on Matoran at some point.

I've edited my Xara post on the subject. I was so sure I'd read something about Matoran dying without their masks....

he used to spend a lot of time in Phantom-On-The-Water helping them out until some people made that impossible,

*whistles innocently*

My bad, then. I did not remember that aspect of her profile

Not for long though. Dane the Rahkshi's dead body is languishing in his dorm, waiting to be claimed by a Weather Control Kraata...

(I still say Dane the player should retcon his death to not have happened so that Shark can kill him, but he adamantly refuses, which is his right. Even though this would be so much more fun.)

I feel like I went a bit overboard with the Cordak in the chest on this one. :P

Name: Acinaces

Variation: Power Scream

Level: 2

Appearance: Acinaces’ indigo faceplate is mangled and torn, something directly in contrast with the rest of her body, which is orange and wiry with a few dabs of more indigo here and there.

Personality: Acinaces just wants to get out of Corpus as fast as possible by attaining level seven overly quickly. Despite her wanting to get out into the world, she sees no reason not to have a good time at the school, so she enjoys small, fun fights, and a large number of friends would be optimal.

Equipment: A sonic amplifier, implanted into her throat, which increases the volume of Acinaces’ power screams; a katana and a miniaturised Cordak implanted into her chest armour, somewhat like the Protector of Earth. The Cordak's power has been scaled down due to the necessity of it being compact, meaning instead of having the explosive force to level buildings, it has more like the explosive force to level a table.

Bio: Acinaces mostly kept quiet before she was sent Corpus, carefully keeping her head down to stop her Makuta from spotting her intelligence and sending her away from the other hyper-intelligent Rahks she had become friends with. She ended up getting found out, and after a quick scuffle with some Visorak under her Makuta’s control, Acinaces was shipped off to Corpus.

Is that better?

Also yay 1700th post.

That is indeed better. Approved

Most of Kakarahk's running so far has been without straining himself and mostly jogging-ish level and he's still sprinter level speed. So it was my imagining that if he pushed himself he'd be fairly likely to keep up. Is it alright if I say he's keeping up with some difficulty?

No. You aren't going to be able run faster than someone flying unless they've got some serious handicap

7AOYGDJ.jpg

No. You aren't going to be able run faster than someone flying unless they've got some serious handicap

I'd say a Rahkshi running would be different to a Rahkshi sprinting at full pelt. I think its the latter kind of speed Kakarahk is going for, which to him would just be normal running

When you said this, I was imagining that Kakarahk's speed would increase from there if he tries to sprint, which would be able to rival flight speed.

Kakarahk can run faster than other Rahkshi can run. He cannot run as fast as other Rahkshi can fly. This is not particularly hard to grasp, Manhunter

If this issue is absolutely not up for debate, then fine. I do have to know, though:

Am I overestimating his speed or underestimating Rahkshi flight speed?

Kakarahk can run faster than other Rahkshi can run. He cannot run as fast as other Rahkshi can fly. This is not particularly hard to grasp, Manhunter

If this issue is absolutely not up for debate, then fine. I do have to know, though:

By the sounds of it I think you're overestimating Kakarahk. He can run faster than normal, he doesn't have any superspeed powers, which to me looks like how you've been thinking of it

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I do wish we still had access to Phantom, though. Everyone's kinda stuck with whatever weapons they already had now unless they happen to know a blacksmith Surahk, or kill some Matoran and steal their stuff or something.

The school has an armoury, just in case you all forgot. And there's still the Cauldron as well.

By the sounds of it I think you're overestimating Kakarahk. He can run faster than normal, he doesn't have any superspeed powers, which to me looks like how you've been thinking of it

I actually have not been assuming any superspeed powers. With the proper equipment, humans can go 25 mph. I'm not being quite that extreme with Kakarahk, but still.

small armoury where they could pick out simple weaponry for day to day use.

It's not a very big armory, and it doesn't have anything very exciting. A small consolation. The cauldron is a little better, I guess. But it feels cheap to just find something special there compared to earning it somehow, at least to me.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

With the proper equipment, humans can go 25 mph. I'm not being quite that extreme with Kakarahk, but still.

But Kakarahk doesn't have any equipment. He just happens to be smaller and more streamlined. That might increase his speed a little bit, but nowhere near enough to keep up with something that's moving several times faster than a normal Rahkshi can run.

And if he's smaller, shouldn't that mean he gets tired faster than a normal Rahkshi? 

It's not a very big armory, and it doesn't have anything very exciting. A small consolation. The cauldron is a little better, I guess. But it feels cheap to just find something special there compared to earning it somehow, at least to me.

Well, not my fault Tridax decided it'd be funny to make us all attack the village for one of our assignments. 

Rahkshi: we have one resource for special weapons, and other trade items.

Tridax:

lol go break their stuff it'll be hilarious

Actually....

Technically the students are not permitted to visit the mainland, however in practice there is nothing really that can be done to stop them short of keeping them in chains every second of every day. 

Clearly, making us attack the village was his way of dissuading us from going there. 

Well, not my fault Tridax decided it'd be funny to make us all attack the village for one of our assignments.

Of course not. (You could, though, have stood against him like Fang, simply not participated, not gone and poisoned half a dozen of them afterwards, or refrained from kidnapping four of them...)

What's done is done, though, unfortunately. And I really don't blame you for keeping your characters in character. Just still wish that we were on better terms with the Ghosts.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

....not gone and poisoned half a dozen of them afterwards, or refrained from kidnapping four of them...)

That was after that particular group nearly killed three Rahkshi. And the poison wasn't fatal. It just made them sick. 

I actually have not been assuming any superspeed powers. With the proper equipment, humans can go 25 mph. I'm not being quite that extreme with Kakarahk, but still.

You've been continually insisting (and still seem to be, in fact) that Kakarahk should be outrunning someone in flight despite the fact I have repeatedly stated that the flyer is faster. Thats like arguing a plain old regular human could outrun a motorbike. It ain't going to happen by normal means, which makes me think you've imagined his greater speed as a legitimate superpower. It is not.

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Of course not. (You could, though, have stood against him like Fang, simply not participated, not gone and poisoned half a dozen of them afterwards, or refrained from kidnapping four of them...)

What's done is done, though, unfortunately. And I really don't blame you for keeping your characters in character. Just still wish that we were on better terms with the Ghosts.

Eh, I was going to try and bring some peace between the ghosts and Corpus, but to Karzahni with it.

I'm pretty sure we have a few smiths and others who can, and will forge weapons. Possibly one Rahk who would do it for free or for a small favor.

*cough* Sidonas *cough*

If Suvak reads the letter Sido left and accepts the request, equipment for everyone!

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

You've been continually insisting (and still seem to be, in fact) that Kakarahk should be outrunning someone in flight despite the fact I have repeatedly stated that the flyer is faster. Thats like arguing a plain old regular human could outrun a motorbike. It ain't going to happen by normal means, which makes me think you've imagined his greater speed as a legitimate superpower. It is not.

It seems I underestimated Rahk flight, if that's the speed comparison you're drawing. If that is so, I will edit immediately and drop the matter.

• Upvote 1

Going back to the Gali example from before, she also had assistance from the water's natural flow, her hand propellers, and possibly the usage of her elemental powers. If she took the road instead, the Rahkshi would have beat her in that particular race.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Going back to the Gali example from before, she also had assistance from the water's natural flow, her hand propellers, and possibly the usage of her elemental powers. If she took the road instead, the Rahkshi would have beat her in that particular race.

I did say she had an advantage. But nonetheless I have conceded the issue.

It's time for not one, but TWO new Rahks! Prepare for nightmares!

NUMBER ONE:

Name: Hakrii

Variation: Power Scream

Appearance: Hakrii has a perfect purple and black chrome shell, with red piercing eyes with the ability to calculate an item's worth and name.

Personality: Despite being a Power Scream Rahk, Hakrii is quite timid, spending her time in the shadows to calculate the best approach to any problem.

Equipment: She carries a trumpet, to amplify her screams and play music, and a compact club to physically deal damage to enemies or nuisances.

Bio: Hakrii has been told she was created at Corpus Rahkshi, but she is not so sure. She has flashbacks to another life, a past life, at random trigger times, and is wondering the morals of the Makuta's actions...

NUMBER TWO:

Name: Karzfire

Variation: Magnetism

Appearance: Very strong and kinda short, Karzfire is a very bulky Rahkshi with strength to throw another Rahkshi across the room.

Personality: Karzfire is a very headstrong Rahk who is ready to crush anything in his path. He speaks in a gravelly, low tone.

Equipment: Two huge, glowing purple hammers.

Bio: Karzfire has been employed by the Brotherhood in the past before Corp Rahk existed to help with dangerous missions Makuta wouldn't go on, and to teach him about destruction and honor. These lessons stuck, and he is obedient to his superiors and ready to kill anyone and anything anywhere.

Edited by Dallior Nuva

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran