Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Gear:[/b] Sepulchral’s primary weapon is Brutalizer, a huge Morningstar stolen from Bitil’s armory before his departure for the academy; its head is made up of six separate blades held in place with a system of sturdy mechanical latches. A hidden catch near the head ejects the blades at high velocity when pressed; after travelling up to fifty yards, they will be pulled back to their housing and form the head again.

Fixed.

Also made a personal memo to rein in my weakness for extravagantly awesome weapons, at least while RPing. :P

Just wondering, is Sepulchral approved now, or does he need more changes?

Sorry, thought I'd answered this. Yes, Sepulchral is approved

Yeah, I really need to do some profile updating. As Click described (thanks!), Shark stole Faithful from Cao on the last assignment. It acts like a boomerang, returning to the thrower unless intercepted.

Now I have a question, though: Is the Gym capable of summoning lava?

It would capable of that, yes. I believe I had Suvak use magma to write out the questions for that essay assignment, and that was in the library. Gym is much more versatile and should be able to handle it

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Poor Caoutchouc. Not even Tridax bothers to pronounce his name right

Just call him Cao. Much easier to remember. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Yeah, good luck catching the Rahkshi who no one has seen since the death of his brother weeks ago. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Tune in this week where Floppymustard walks into the middle of a prepping rebellion!

Dude, no. 

Your character has absolutely no reason whatsoever to be going all the way over to the other side of the school, expect because you want to force him into someone else's plot. 

No matter which way you try to spin it, that's metagaming, plain and simple. 

He won't even be heading to that end of the dorms.

What is that even meant to mean?

From your post, it seems like he's leaving the normal dorm wing - on one side of the school - and going over to the derelict, empty dorm wing - on the other side of the school.

I fail to see why he would do that, except so that you could force yourself into the rebellion plot - something that you made blatantly clear through your bragging that it was exactly what you're planning to do. 

And even after admitting it, you chose to deny it when you were called out for it. 

Um.... everyone in Corpus tries to kill everyone else. It's a rite of passage.

Also, it's not cool to start yelling at a player for their character's actions. 

Edited by Locus

Just in general everyone, can we try not to distort the in-game timeline too much? I know RL time zones make this difficult to hold to, but in the seconds before the lava reached Fader, Clockwork not only noticed it but threw some dummies in and summoned a giant grabber thingy. (Which Liuth ignored - thank you for that!)

But despite that boon, Liuth, I'm afraid I'm a little bit skeptical of some aspects of this post.

IC: Shark / Gym

Suddenly Shark stopped dead on a growing ledge. The floor was beginning to morph into a steep bowl around the fallen Fader, and spouts were beginning to manifest, holes in the rim marked by a demonic orange glow. Lava...! Fader's command had gone terribly wrong.

Well, that, and Shark's iron will had bent it to this. But looking on, the expression of dread on his face as he stared into the bowl would never betray his muffled inner satisfaction. The fool had screamed 'lava' in front of half a dozen witnesses; if it killed him he would be the only one blamed.

The bubbling molten stone began to flow down towards the fallen Fader...

IC Clockwork:

Clockwork stepped into teh Gym. He was going to properly test his launcher now. But as he summoned up several targets, he noticed heat, and a strange orange light. He ran toward it, seeing a bowl with slowly creeping viscous lava. And a Rahkshi at the bottom. Barely having time to think, he summoned up several dummies of stone, then kicked them off of the stands to roll them down into teh lava, hoping to slow it down. "Get up!", he shouted.

OOC: Interacting with Clockwork alongside Shark. 

IC (As Fader): "Karz!" The navy blue and black rahkshi growled as he watched the lava flow down towards him. *He didn't even make a command, how'd he bloody form the bowl of lava?!* He turned around to see a blue and purple rahkshi kick down several dummies. "Thanks for the assistance!" The rahkshi called out as he jumped onto a dummy, slightly wobbling before gaining his footing. He hopped to the next dummy and jumped up towards the ledge just as it was getting reabsorbed. His heels were dangerously close to the edge when he landed and Fader faced the rahkshi of accuracy.

"Tell me how the gym works, why did my command backfire when the overgrown Takea didn't interfere?" Fader demanded as he looked at Shark. *How can you interfere without a command... That, I must find out here.* 

First off, just moments ago Faithful sticking into his back had reduced Fader to a poor crawling wretch helplessly crying out for the Gym to assist him somehow. But all of a sudden, he's intact enough to nimbly leap from dummy to dummy out of a steep bowl.

This brings me to my second point, that the dummies should shortly wind up at the bottom of the bowl. It is a bowl after all, throw them in and they don't form convenient ledges - they should just accumulate at the bottom, possibly even piling up on top of Fader. You might use them as a raised platform for a little while, at least, but I question how useful they should be in escaping the bowl.

Lastly, unless I'm reading this wrong, Fader seems to realize that Shark was the one to summon the bowl of lava. Which seems to me rather metagamey. After all, he did just scream "Lava!" With no idea how the Gym works, he should have little to no reason to suspect anyone other than himself responsible for it deciding to summon up some lava.

I apologize if I'm being a little critical. I understand that you just got Fader approved, and it would be a shame to lose him before even ten posts had passed. (Though possibly better, I might console, than after 100 or 500.) But he did attack Shark, and he's got to be held accountable for that.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

You should've attacked Glaciem Ignis instead.... They only would've broken a few of his limbs, instead of killing him. 

the pain from his wound began acting up, making his foot nearly slip into the lava. "... I can't fight..." He collapsed, the tip of his feet dangling over the hot lava.

His suit was incapable of moving as it was crippled by the pain. Fader's kraata was exposed from the cut in his back. *Perfect, everyone is either intimidated by the overgrown Takea or isn't planning to help me out.* The navy blue rahkshi closed his eyes, knowing he was going to meet his end. 

Post has been edited. He can no longer move and he's an easy kill. 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Locus, why in the world would I shove my slowest Rahk into a group of Rahks who are mostly high powered including the two who tried to attack him at the causeway in an attempt to get him into the plot sneakily where the chance of succeeding such an action is incredibly low?

I'm sorry for the complete confusion at an obvious situation, and I shall revert all my characters to robots to prevent this in the future.

Y'know I'd love to have Bullseye on this hunt for Illusive. (Which no one know yet unfortunately.) But he's occupied with caring for Toxin.

Bullseye the P.I. That rolls off the tongue well.

Rail's already about five steps ahead of both Bullseye and Alpha in that department.

In other news, does anyone have a guess as to what's inside the mystery trunk? I obviously already know what it is, but I'd like to know if any of the people who are keeping up on his posts think they've come close to solving the riddle of Liar's backstory yet.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

The trunk has Rail's stuff in it. Yes... it's suddenly completely obvious to me. How did I, as an anagram aficionado, not notice this yet? Liar is Rail backwards.

Because they are one and the same.

I heartily applaud you, good sir. My mind has been blown. Well done.

I couldn't speak for a while after seeing this. I heartily applaud thee.

• Upvote 1

Kathok

Liar is Rail backwards.

I got played. Well done. 

• Upvote 1

Rail is the crazy guy who protected Vaalku for some reason. 

Also Arctic, why the karz is Alpha surprised that Eps is slightly disturbed by the fact his dead brother just came back from the dead as a woman? 

She's surprised to know that there is more to the Omega family than meets the eye. Not because of what you've said.

The trunk has Rail's stuff in it. Yes... it's suddenly completely obvious to me. How did I, as an anagram aficionado, not notice this yet? Liar is Rail backwards.

*Claps in aplause.*

To be perfectly honest, I was kind of hoping that I would get to reveal that piece of information myself IC, but the fact that you were able to pick up on that almost solely based on the one clue that was in every single Liar post for the past three months deserves some form of congratulations. Good job! :D

I couldn't speak for a while after seeing this. I heartily applaud thee.

There were so many things hinting to this; Rail's hidden weapons cache near The Cauldron, his inner monologue about becoming a villain to save the school, his sudden disappearance, only to be replaced by another Rahkshi of Magnetism, and Venom wondering why he seemed so familiar to her/her immediate dislike of him (which ironically, happened right in front of Illusive) were all indications of Liar's true identity.

Rail was Timageness' hardcore vigilante guy. Apparently in a wonderful plot twist he's been in disguise as Liar ever since he 'disappeared' to find out what secretive evildoer Illusive is up to.

A plot twist that I can't take all of the credit for, though; I did run it by Ultron first before I submitted Liar and Venom's profiles, and the only reason I was able to get away with listing Liar as a separate character was because he approved it.

Rail is the crazy guy who protected Vaalku for some reason. 

Also Arctic, why the karz is Alpha surprised that Eps is slightly disturbed by the fact his dead brother just came back from the dead as a woman?

Rail only protected Vaalku from Booger because he believes in a fair fight, and Vaalku is currently missing two of his limbs. If Booger had targeted somebody else with a similar injury, he would've stepped in. If Vaalku didn't have his injuries, he would've waited for Booger to have picked a slightly more sympathetic victim to do so (he did block off the entire gym so Xara could beat the tar out of him, after all).

Liar is Rail backwards.

I got played. Well done. 

I was wondering how well you were going to take the news.

And now you have time to think up a good way to get back at me at some point. :P

• Upvote 2

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

And now you have time to think up a good way to get back at me at some point. :P

Nah. I'm not even angry, to be honest. This was brilliantly done, and I never suspected a thing the entire time.

It's a rare occasion when someone manages to dupe me this perfectly. For that, I must congratulate you.

• Upvote 2

I'm just happy that it was received as well as it was. You guys have no idea how long I've wanted to make an actual legit Rail post. :P

That doesn't mean Liar's going to just vanish after this is all plays out, though. The current plan is to write up another completely different profile for him after Rail makes his reveal public, sort of like how Red X was reintroduced as a character in the original Teen Titans cartoon.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Is it just me, or is Fader oddly suspicious of Shark? IC, Shark has rather nice to him, and only fought when provoked. When Fader first attacked him, he tried to return the weapon to him. Only when Fader attacked him again did Shark return fire, and then, when Fader was lying helpless on the ground, he took him to the Infirmary and promised to make sure his weapons weren't stolen. (And Fader was apparently conscious the whole time so he can know this :) )

I suppose Shark did attack him in the Gym, but that was hardly without provocation on Fader's part and to all in-game appearances just a spar, or so I might think. But perhaps I'm just being biased. Anyone else agree Fader is unnaturally paranoid about Shark, or am I the overly suspicious one? :shrugs:

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

A note, from Mutran:

"Have you ever thought about creation? How we were created? How we create? It's not very simple. In fact, it's very complicated, too complicated to talk about. The creation process, is, as you know, hard, and painful, and requires a lot of patience and time. One of my most successful/worse creations was the Klakk - a simple creature, but with a unique ability. Doing something like that was astounding. Now, with these "new" Rahkshi, that got me thinking about the creation process, and how it works in conjunction with Kraata - just imagine the possibilities if we used the same process that created the Mu-Cow & the Keetongu (surprisingly created from two very similar substances), but, utilized it in a much more efficient way, a way that would breed the perfect creation for us. I shall think about this for some time now."