Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

So another question...is the event over and are all the Matoran in the village dead?

Yes to both, I guess, although it's probably unrealistic to assume that we managed to kill absolutely everyone... 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

So is Helkyre approved or what?

I ask you to put more in the bio about her backstory and you refuse, something I point blank tell you I'm not going to let fly. Your response is to simply say that you'd really really like it if I were to just let it go by. Yeah, no. You seemed to like the idea of PMing me the backstory stuff you didn't want in the profile, but I've not had anything from you.

So no, Helkyre is not approved. Because of course it isn't since you've done absolutely nothing to remove the problems I had.

For the record, I haven't done anything to remove the "problems", because I disagree with you on it actually being a problem. Like I've been trying to say before, her "backstory" is completely irrelevant! The only reason there is so much as a hint at there possibly being a backstory there is because I simply wanted her to look like she does, without actually explaining why she does, leaving anyone that cares with only guesswork. And as I said before, it's only cosmetic, there is nothing else to it at all in any manner or form.

If the GM of the game has told you they would like to see something in your profile changed or altered or they can't approve that profile, you change or alter that profile. Thats kind of how it works. Its not like I'm saying "Hey, that colour green your character is? I don't like it. You will be bottle green or nothing at all sir!" or "Carrying a scimitar? Bah, I insist that it be a falchion!" My request is not unreasonable. Your character has backstory. I would like that backstory written down somewhere, profile or PM, either works. I find the fact that you've dug your heels in to be completely bizarre and frankly a little suspicious. 

There are numerous fixes to this. You could actually write up a backstory for Helkyre, and in a game that only works because people are writing everything this is not some insane request. You could PM what ideas you come up with to me if you only had vague notions. You could just add a single line stating she's looked as she does since creation, its just some odd defect like many of the Corpus Rahks seem to have, no need to have a profile deliberately written to make people question it. You could alter the appearance, pick another deity to base her off (for example, since she focuses more on the treatment of corpses Anubis might be a better fit for her, especially since she's already gone for the black look) or not give her any quirk at all. 

Many options to take and you have decided to take absolutely none of them. The last time we had something like this was Vaalku, Ghidora had given him some strange device on his arm that he refused to explain despite repeated requests from me and kept changed the backstory around it. In the end I had to invoke a little GM wrath and just took the arm off. A leg too. Call it interest. This is basically the same scenario. You've got a character where half of her bio is devoted to going "oooh, look at her, she's so mysterious, ask me why" and so I've asked why. And instead of coming up with an answer you're resenting me for even asking the question...

@Akai Zaza: I felt a bit of an air of aggression from Wyrd's comment myself, whether or not that was his intention. It's strange, really, how text can convey emotion like that. I was actually calm when I wrote my comment up there.

...which is why I got a bit snippy with you earlier. You post a profile, I point out problems I have with it, and your response is go "nuh-uh!" and then make another post with more than a little attitude to it questioning why you haven't been approved yet. I make a reasonable and simple request and then you act as though I'm asking too much or being unclear. It's more than a little insulting. 

Are we on the same page here? I've pointed out what I find wrong with Helkyre, and she isn't going to be approved until something is done about it

• Upvote 7

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Witness the Rage of Ultron. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

So another question...is the event over and are all the Matoran in the village dead?

Yes to both, I guess, although it's probably unrealistic to assume that we managed to kill absolutely everyone... 

Considering that having them all be dead would kind of invalidate those traveling posts the characters in Rail's group made, I would like to imagine that there would still be some Matoran who have survived the attack.

Granted, I'm not expecting their numbers to be above 15% of Phantom-on-the-Water's original population, however, as that would also lessen the effort of the attacking characters put into their assault. Wyrd has the final say on the numbers, though, since he's the GM.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I'm still wondering when Phantom is going to show up... 

Knowing my luck, he'd be the one to attack Rail's group.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Illusive is still wandering the village in search of more surviving Matoran to murder. 

I would imagine there'd be others doing similarly. 

IC--Nyarl--Entryway

As he stepped through the doors of the school, Nyarl spotted someone whose swim hadn't gone nearly as well as his, judging from the way another Rahkshi was carrying his sodden body down the hall. He decided to offer his help, and then decided that he would need to speak, at least a little, to avoid frightening the conscious Rahkshi. He picked up the pace and soon caught up with the pair. "Exuse me," he whispered in a voice like fine-grained sandpaper. "May I offer my assistance?"

OOC:Nyarl interacting with Vlad and Drift.

Oops, you're a bit late. Vlad and Drift are already out of the halls and into the Infirmary. Sorry about that.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Considering that having them all be dead would kind of invalidate those traveling posts the characters in Rail's group made, I would like to imagine that there would still be some Matoran who have survived the attack.

Granted, I'm not expecting their numbers to be above 15% of Phantom-on-the-Water's original population, however, as that would also lessen the effort of the attacking characters put into their assault. Wyrd has the final say on the numbers, though, since he's the GM.

Alright. Thank you both. Now I know where to begin. And btw, Toxin still needs a suit. :P

I won't guarantee much activity though.

What should I change with Sunshine/Moonlight?

I refer you back to my previous comments on them, since you also have done nothing to actually change the profiles. The difference in appearance between them is too great (shapeshifters in Bionicle are generally stuck with their own mass, no major differences in size like the ones between Sun and Moon), you've made no mention in bio or personality of how on earth they explain their memory gaps to themselves, or how they're supposed to unaware of their 'cohabitation' given they see each other rather than their own reflections and I think the day/night rotation is going to cause too many problems given how nebulous the time-frame can be

Pulse has found an old piece of shoulder armor, Repulsor, that repels any metals that come into contact with it. 

No, this I take issue with. For a start, if it repulses all metal how are you getting it on your very metal Rahkshi suit? Secondly, I don't like the idea of having a shield that is always on like that

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I was thinking that, being shoulder armor, it would be realistic to assume that there was some sort of leather-type material coating its inside and edges. It's my fault I didn't clarify, so I can edit it in. Also, I didn't intend for it to be like an anti-metal forcefield - simply that, if a metal weapon touches it, the pauldron absorbs part of the impact and said weapon gets thrown back just enough to give the user room to get out of the way. I explicitly stated that the metal object has to come into contact with the armor, or nothing happens.

You didn't say anything about it absorbing only part of the impact though, you just said it repulses any metal it touches, meaning any attack that goes near enough to touch this pauldron gets no-selled. So I'd appreciate clarification on that and the leather coating thing when you add it to your profile.

Also some measure of size. I'd think if it were Matoran made it would be a bit small for a Rahkshi, like Forge-Biter, not something that provides huge protection\\

EDIT: Oh, by the way, since I completely forgot to make it obvious in the post, Gorast's favourites from the battle all level up

Edited by Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

7AOYGDJ.jpg

@Liuth, Unicode, and Toa Onaku: Do you three mind if we skip the "flying through the forest" posts and just arrive on the outskirts of Phanton-on-the-Water?

Still waiting on a reply from Unicode.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

@Liuth, Unicode, and Toa Onaku: Do you three mind if we skip the "flying through the forest" posts and just arrive on the outskirts of Phanton-on-the-Water?

Still waiting on a reply from Unicode.

Yeah, we can skip it.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Cool.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Hooray, Shark is level 4. :evilbiggrin:

And as if that didn't put the school in enough danger, so is Phogen.

Excellent. Now Exxan and Phogen are on the same level once more. 

I'm trying to convince myself that Phogen's erratic behaviour is a result of her being resentful towards Exxan for not only breaking her heart, but getting a level-up out of it as well. Now that they're equal once more, hopefully they can move past that... 

Because I have a character that transforms, I'm writing two profiles. Same character, though.

Name: Moonlight

Variation: Elasticity

Level: 2

Appearance: Much shorter than the average Rahkshi. Small, stubby fins. Peachy-orange eyes. A mistake with his armour left the head dark blue.

Gear: An iron armcover fitting over his right shoulder. Suspiciously looks like a big hand...

Personality: Shy, nervous, and generally friendly, Moonlight loves to write, a feat he learned with some difficulty. His happy demeanor emphasizes his non-threatening nature and a willingness to help.

Name: Sunshine

Variation: Elasticity

Level: 2

Appearance: Big, tall, and deathly scary. His Kraata mask has been warped into a Hordika-like form. Blood-red eyes. Twisted, nightmarish fins. A more defined hunch to him than the usual Rahkshi.

Gear: A Gauntlet that fits over his right hand. Has connection points that seeming could fit into his shoulder... If they were bigger.

Personality: Sunshine finds everything and everyone annoying and abusive, unless he has gained a trust or respect of them. His taste for combat is extensive. All other Rahkshi who cannot fend for themselves or eliminate threats are weak, stupid fools who must be shown how to obey. Sunshine really likes the gruel.

Combined Bio:

Mutran had a scheme. To make a Rahk that could shrink at will. So he created the most hideous amalgamation of an actual functioning Rahkshi armour suit (with several flawed attempts), and shoved a Kraata inside. Sunshine was born. At the end of the day, however, he shrunk against his will into a form with no awareness of his previous existence. Mutran decided to let it live, feeding Sunshine information on the small Rahkshi with no brain while keeping Moonlight content and poor, making Sunshine gain an incredible bloodlust for Moonlight, a target he would never find. He then sent Moonlight to corpus, with Sunshine seemingly heading to eliminate him.

Powers: Besides their obvious powers, Sunshine/Moonlight will switch between both forms when a certain amount of posts by that character are made. Sunshine has no access to his Rahkshi power, while Moonlight has all access to it. As an added issue, whenever They look in a mirror, they see the opposite one of Themselves.

Edited. Obviously this is not a final edit, I just wanted to make sure the stuff I did change is ok.

Edited by Ghidora131

Levels ups are things that happen naturally. I don't think even a Makuta could force a rahk to undergo one. 

Palma can be brutal when she needs to be.