Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Hey, remember those shipping posters I did around Valentine's Day? Well... it's back. With the return of Phogen it's only fair that Exxan is no longer "Forever Alone"... or is he?

Exxan x Phogen 

"Nothing personal, it's just business."

Exxan x Phogen

"Nothing personal, it's just business."

I don't know if this is better or worse than what you did before... Poor Exxan is terribly unlucky in... life in general, to be honest... 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I have One character trying to kill my other character.

I don't know which one I want to win.

Well, thank Doubt you don't have to kill one.

Also, I'm going to be sort of off and on. Family vacation.

EDIT:

IC Doubt

Douubt easily arced his chain ball to collide with the Zamor, sending the metal ball with half of the force into his open hand. "I have grown tired of your insolence." He swung once more, this time towards the head of Nightmare.

"Prepare to be powder!"

OOC: Flabbergaster open to interaction.

The sphere is filled with electricity, so Doubt would be shocked if he hit it. Edited by Akai Zaza

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

No one likes the refectory slop.

That's kinda the reason it gets referred to as slop in the first place...

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

How can he move at all? Last I checked, kraata were only compatible with suits of their own variation. 

Wyrd also never said anything about his attempt at making a harp either(although he blew me up for implementing storyline).

We'll just sit, wait for tomorrow, and see what he says. (Placing in bold so he can see it easier)

Hey not-Ultron! what's the verdict on Vaalku's new suit?

Not seeing anything saying that the variation has to be the same to move.

It's not explicitly stated, no, but the BS01 page seems to imply it quite heavily. 

I have been over this before however, Nato, the theory being that Movement would be clumsy and awkward and, and power usage would be nulled.

Yes, you've mentioned it before in the Skype chat, and I've expressed my disagreement with the logic behind it.

And unless I've missed something, there's still been no official staff ruling on the issue, so I kind of feel that you've jumped the gun by going ahead and implementing it IC - especially with a character whose past exploits suggest a high likelihood of him completely disregarding the clumsiness and awkwardness you've mentioned.  

To create a Rahkshi, two Kraata of the same power type are required, though level does not matter. One of these is put into Energized Protodermis, where it undergoes a change from organic living matter to a non-living, inorganic shell: the Rahkshi's body. The other Kraata then crawls inside the Rahkshi armor and controls it, as Rahkshi suits are incapable of operating on their own. The Rahkshi armor amplifies the Kraata's powers, although its effectiveness still depends on the Kraata's level. Most Rahkshi channel their powers directly through the staffs that they carry, although some, like heat vision and heat resistance Rahkshi, do not. If a Rahkshi is not carrying its staff, its power is considerably weakened. All Rahkshi also possess the ability to fly.

How again does it strongly imply that this cannot happen?

To create a Rahkshi, two Kraata of the same power type are required, though level does not matter. 

Even this very first line seems very indicative.

Why else would it specify that they have to be the same type in order to create a Rahkshi?

To create a Rahkshi, two Kraata of the same power type are required, though level does not matter.

TO CREATE A RAHKSHI.

NOT TO FUNCTION.

Hey, Lewa and Ghiddy, where's Frog and Tangy? I gave permission to bunny.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

TO CREATE A RAHKSHI.

NOT TO FUNCTION.

Nope.

You only need one Kraata to create a Rahkshi; the second pilots the suit, meaning that in order to have a Kraata that can pilot the armour (Thus creating a Rahkshi), both Kraata need to be of the same variation.

VBWj75sh.png

I think in the phrase 'to create a Rahkshi,' Rahkshi is defined to be a functional combination of Kraata and suit. (In fact I think that's always the definition.) And I think canonically Kraata cannot operate a Rahkshi suit of a different variation whatsoever.

But that said, I don't see any problems with allowing Kraata of one variation to operate suits of a different variation, with some difficulty and drawbacks, for the purposes of the game. The same aberrance that gives us intelligence could allow us to make limited use of other variation suits, or the strict same-variation rule could simply be a little less strict within the canon of the game. (In fact, I seem to recall Wyrd agreeing at some point that Kraata could indeed operate other variation suits with limitations as Chumpu proposes, though now I can't seem to find it...)

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Aha, I found it! Page 185.

Yeah, technically a kraata has to be of the same variety to the Rahkshi armour its inhabiting to work. I think that Whak would eventually get an affinity with Dallior's, enough to be able to move, but she's not going to be able to channel her powers through it

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Well, okay then. Wonder why I couldn't find it in the half-hour I spent making searches. 

Actually, I think you're the drunk one. 

Those words get used an awful lot in this game. 

They're really, really not. 

All they represent is how you're doing your utmost to turn this whole game into one of your comedies. 

Aha, I found it! Page 185.

Yeah, technically a kraata has to be of the same variety to the Rahkshi armour its inhabiting to work. I think that Whak would eventually get an affinity with Dallior's, enough to be able to move, but she's not going to be able to channel her powers through it

I knew I'd made a ruling on this before, this wasn't the first time the issue was brought up. Thanks for finding that Sergei, and for the record my mind has not changed on this particular issue

7AOYGDJ.jpg