Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

My Rahkshi is talking with two other Rahkshi and they both agreed to go with my Rahkshi somewhere. Is it ok to (how to say it?) move them to place I am going to? Or should I wait for their own posts about going there? I think that it's kind of unnecessary in my case.

What you propose - controlling other characters than your own in your post - is known as bunnying. It's frowned upon to bunny other characters into performing significant actions, and things out of character for them. When it's just a small thing and the other characters have agreed to do the thing you're having them do, like in your case, it's typically okay. :)

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

[insert predictable spiel about being virtually unavoidable because of range, speed, leverage, etc. here.]

Now you're just being lazy. :P

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

A message to all: Learn from your mistakes. Live to fight another day.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

While you're at it, imagine also Icarax painting pretty rainbows all over the school while Palma holds a fighting tournament in the Infirmary. Then Shark becomes an opera singer, Era attains world renown as a painter, and Phogen gives up her schemes and plots to join a monastery as a nun under a vow of silence.

I have a bad feeling I brought this about by Vaalku's harp playing...

[insert predictable spiel about being virtually unavoidable because of range, speed, leverage, etc. here.]

Now you're just being lazy. :P

Well, I knew you already knew why Illusive should take the blow, it's pretty much the same reasons we'd both been pointedly reminding each other of at the end of the last half-dozen posts. Telling you again wasn't going to change much, so I figured, why not change things up while throwing in a bit of humor? :P

IC: Karzfire

Karzfire slammed a hammer into the side of the pillar, shaking it. "Come out, come out!" He slammed the second hammer higher up, grappling into the pillar and climbing up it, on the way to his opponent.

I'm having trouble picturing how this would actually work. In Karzfire's bio, it states he has, "Two huge, glowing purple hammers." Warhammers aren't exactly the ideal climbing tools...

If you see Johnrahk's MOC of him, you see the weird Y-bar spike-ish things on the back. Either he's using those, or he's just smashing them in and making big dents. I've seen this idea somewhere else before... I'll let you know if it comes to me.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Well, here comes another profile. I took this guy off Click's hands, since he'll be going away for a while soon.

Name: Door

Variation: Disintegration

Level: 2

Gear: A brilliant silver morningstar covered in dull studs rather than spikes. A large, rectangular, panelled shield usually worn on his back with bladed edges for combat purposes.

Appearance: Completely average. Average height, average build, average spines. There is little that makes him stand out from a crowd of Rahkshi except for his inverted colors. His back and head are silver, while his body is electric blue. Rather than the vents and ridges of a typical Rahkshi back, his is inset with blue panels.

Bio: Little is known about Door’s past other than that he was the victim of terrible bullying from his rahkshi brethren. The makuta did nothing to interfere, and in the end, Door left for Corpus Rahkshi.

Personality: Door is mild-mannered for a Rahkshi, though not a pushover. He shies away from attention, and often goes unnoticed among the crowds of Corpus Rahkshi. He sometimes mutters to himself when he’s made sure no one is listening. After the horrible treatment he received in his home, Door resents those that mistreat others unjustly.

Telling you again wasn't going to change much, so I figured, why not change things up while throwing in a bit of humor? :P

Eh, fair enough.

If you had a really strong magnetism powers, would you be able to lift a Rahkshi? I mean, are bodies of Rahkshi metal or not?

In theory, yes.

In practice, using magnetism to pick people up and throw them around would probably be autohitting.

Nah, Exxan's better, cuz stripes. 

And Luith, me and Ghiddy are waiting on Tangirahk.

I was waiting on Ghidorah, but I'll go find his post and respond to it.

EDIT: Post made.

Edited by Lewa the Soaring Champion

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Karzfire

Karzfire thought back to his days training with the Brotherhood. "Rule 2, Camouflage." Rain obviously was a skilled fighter, so they would be trying to camouflage. So, just look for obvious patches of camo. A darker cloud, a misshapen pillar... a-ha, gotcha! A patch of mist floating way away from the main body, hiding right under a pillar. Karzfire feigned ignorance, then hid himself behind another pillar, waiting for Rain to reveal themselves.

Yeah... no. After I just made a post detailing the many precautions Rain took to avoid being seen, you can't just spot her a post later, easy as that. That's metagaming, plain and simple.

First of all, he immediately jumps to the conclusion that she is camoflagued, though there are countless other ways to escape notice in the Causeway. She could be just hiding around a pillar. She could have flown to Nynrah. She could have looped around and gone back. All of these were possibilities, and yet Karzfire happens to jump to the correct one.

Second of all, as he's thinking this, he just so happens to be in an area where he can look over and spot Rain. The Causeway is pretty big, and Rain only caught a faraway glimpse of him in the last post. It's far too convenient.

Thirdly, how could he spot one tiny patch of stray fog in a thunderstorm? The rain is pouring down, the waves are crashing below, and visibility should be fairly limited. Add that to the countless clouds, fog banks, and rain streaks around the Causeway, and there is no way he could distinguish this one.

So I would ask you to please edit to something more reasonable.

I made a drawing of my first and (currently) only Rahkshi - Tesla. It doesn't look very much like how I imagine her, but it's worth mentioning. Here.

Edit:

IC: Draco

It is at this point I realize that maybe I should save the wall trick for if Subject actually escapes. I made a fool of myself... Again. I silently will the wall to disappear.

So gym can be entered again? Is it safe for usage? I don't want my Rahkshi to die in less than week after joining Corpus. Edited by Nik333

At some point, I'll suddenly go on hiatus. I'm sorry for that.

Nik, but still pronounced as Nick

The Great Vakama or Clue official topic

Updated Rail's Profile.

Name: Rail

Variation: Magnetism

Level: 3

Gear: 2 Daggers, a Crossbow and a quiver of bolts, and a pair of Tiger Claws on each hand

Appearance: Rail has repainted himself in the colors of a Rahkshi of Darkness, preferring to re-color his hands and feet black while migrating the red to his joints. He is quite buff, but is also deceptively agile.

Personality: Rail's a bit of the quiet loner-type, and has a habit of disappearing on people mid-conversation. He recognises the importance of plans and strategies, and rarely runs into situations head-first.

Bio: Rail emerged from a vat like the other Rahkshi. He took his name after reading about an experimental weapon centered around the power of Magnetism, since he thought that it would be fitting due to the similarities in their natures. He is a remorseless killer, doesn't hesitate or pull punches, and has the capacity to fool people into thinking he is a completely different Rahkshi. (See example below.)

Name: Liar (Original)

Gear: Two Scimitars, two Cestuses, and a wrist-mounted Razor Disk Launcher (abandoned along with the disguise)

Appearance: Liar's armor is brown and green. It is built for agility, but provides a decent amount of strength as well.

Personality: Whatever he feels like doing, he does. He's unpredictable like that.

Bio: A disguise previously used by Rail for the purposes of infiltration; it has since been abandoned... by him, anyway.

Will get around to updating Venom's when I figure out which direction I want to take her in.

As for the future of the Liar persona... stay tuned. :evilgrin:

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I'm growing increasingly concerned by this...

As I pointed out on Skype, I don't think our rahks need to eat. Simply because, if they did, there's a heck of a lot of characters who should've well and truly starved to death by now. 

• Upvote 1

What is easier to assume? That people simply lazily don't write up IC every meal that they should? Or that we magically accumulate energy and nutrients out of nowhere, and yet the Makuta carefully studying is somehow haven't noticed and are still unnecessarily paying for the Refectory?

I think the first clearly makes much more sense.

• Upvote 1

I'm growing increasingly concerned by this...

You should be. Everyone should be.

It probably wasn't as apparent with Rail's depiction of him, but I've always viewed Liar's personality as if Verulas one day decided to bathe in BZPRPG Antidermis and, as a result, became around 10x more psychotic. Needless to say, it's going to be an absolute blast when I eventually get around to reintroducing him.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

No more Liar, please... He's scary, and unstable...

What is easier to assume? That people simply lazily don't write up IC every meal that they should? Or that we magically accumulate energy and nutrients out of nowhere, and yet the Makuta carefully studying is somehow haven't noticed and are still unnecessarily paying for the Refectory?

I think the first clearly makes much more sense.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I tend to write my characters lives quite closely. Rarely - if ever - have I written them going to the refectory and actually doing anything more than talk to other characters. 

And that doesn't even take into account all of the characters who outright refuse to eat the refectory slop. 

If you're right, and the rahks do have to eat to survive, then I guess myself and a fair few others should be writing our characters dying of starvation sometime quite soon. 

• Upvote 1

Well, here comes another profile. I took this guy off Click's hands, since he'll be going away for a while soon.

Name: Door

Variation: Disintegration

Gear: A brilliant silver morningstar covered in dull studs rather than spikes. A large, rectangular, panelled shield usually worn on his back with bladed edges for combat purposes.

Appearance: Completely average. Average height, average build, average spines. There is little that makes him stand out from a crowd of Rahkshi except for his inverted colors. His back and head are silver, while his body is electric blue. Rather than the vents and ridges of a typical Rahkshi back, his is inset with blue panels.

Bio: Little is known about Door’s past other than that he was the victim of terrible bullying from his rahkshi brethren. The makuta did nothing to interfere, and in the end, Door left for Corpus Rahkshi.

Personality: Door is mild-mannered for a Rahkshi, though not a pushover. He shies away from attention, and often goes unnoticed among the crowds of Corpus Rahkshi. He sometimes mutters to himself when he’s made sure no one is listening. After the horrible treatment he received in his home, Door resents those that mistreat others unjustly.

Approved

Updated Rail's Profile.

Name: Rail

Gear: 2 Daggers, a Crossbow and a quiver of bolts, and a pair of Tiger Claws on each hand

Appearance: Rail has repainted himself in the colors of a Rahkshi of Darkness, preferring to re-color his hands and feet black while migrating the red to his joints. He is quite buff, but is also deceptively agile.

Personality: Rail's a bit of the quiet loner-type, and has a habit of disappearing on people mid-conversation. He recognises the importance of plans and strategies, and rarely runs into situations head-first.

Bio: Rail emerged from a vat like the other Rahkshi. He took his name after reading about an experimental weapon centered around the power of Magnetism, since he thought that it would be fitting due to the similarities in their natures. He is a remorseless killer, doesn't hesitate or pull punches, and has the capacity to fool people into thinking he is a completely different Rahkshi. (See example below.)

Name: Liar (Original)

Gear: Two Scimitars, two Cestuses, and a wrist-mounted Razor Disk Launcher (abandoned along with the disguise)

Appearance: Liar's armor is brown and green. It is built for agility, but provides a decent amount of strength as well.

Personality: Whatever he feels like doing, he does. He's unpredictable like that.

Bio: A disguise previously used by Rail for the purposes of infiltration; it has since been abandoned... by him, anyway.

Will get around to updating Venom's when I figure out which direction I want to take her in.

As for the future of the Liar persona... stay tuned. :evilgrin:

I'll update the links in the first post to these

Hey Wyrd, quick question arising from some debate in the chat: do our Rahkshi need to eat, or do they actually just somehow generate energy and nutrients over time with food intake merely an optional extra?

As I pointed out on Skype, I don't think our rahks need to eat. Simply because, if they did, there's a heck of a lot of characters who should've well and truly starved to death by now. 

Rahkshi do need to eat, yes. They're not perpetual motion machines, I don't think even Bionicle can break physics that much. They probably don't need to eat very often though, and are certainly capable of going without the three meals a day we puny humans tend to require. I think the Matoran on Metru Nui only needed to "feed" about once a year, but they had a proper station for energising them. Eating using your mouth is supposed to be kind of inefficient (which is why people look down on the Skakdi for doing it) so eating isn't going to be an annual thing for the students though. 

Normally RPing tends to gloss over the everyday stuff like that. Even when you've got human characters you don't see them eat as often as they should be, and they pretty much never need a bathroom. Similar logic applies here really, only at least there is an actual reason behind it

• Upvote 3

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I think the Matoran on Metru Nui only needed to "feed" about once a year...

When you add it all up, I don't think much more than a month or two - if that - has passed IC overall.

I guess no one's starving to death anytime soon, then.

Are there any Rahi living on the mainland?

There have to be for Bullseye to make jerky.

I can't believe you still remember that. That also reminds me.

Bullseye is overdue for his monthly hunting expedition...but I'm not sure if the island is safe for doing that anymore.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17