Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Well, there's another method Exxan would disagree with. Raptor using himself in his own experiments adds bias and reduces the accuracy of "results" he might ever actually get. Exxan unfortunately has to use himself in his behavioural studies now, since there is a very small sample size of Level Three Second Generation Rahkshi to choose from: only three currently in existence, and he just happens to be one of them.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

What great potential does Omega have?

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15652-corpus-rahkshi/page-63?do=findComment&comment=806814

*phogen slow claps*

Edited by Funkydude527

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

Well, there's another method Exxan would disagree with. Raptor using himself in his own experiments adds bias and reduces the accuracy of "results" he might ever actually get.

So taking samples from others is evil and taking samples from himself is worthless? :P

Taking samples from others without asking for their consent is a dickish thing to do, but I never said it was evil. 

No, no, no. It's a subconscious thing. I've done senior chemistry, I know all kinds of surprising factors that can influence results. Involving oneself directly in an experiment invites all kind of outside influences - it changes what the performer of the experiment expects, and how they perceive and chose to interpret the results. The key to success is trying to remain neutral and impartial.

The scientist is merely a observer, not an active participant. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

That's kinda scary...

Omega has earned some brownie points for that.

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

Well, there's another method Exxan would disagree with. Raptor using himself in his own experiments adds bias and reduces the accuracy of "results" he might ever actually get.

So taking samples from others is evil and taking samples from himself is worthless? :P

Taking samples from others without asking for their consent is a mean thing to do, but I never said it was evil. 

No, no, no. It's a subconscious thing. I've done senior chemistry, I know all kinds of surprising factors that can influence results. Involving oneself directly in an experiment invites all kind of outside influences - it changes what the performer of the experiment expects, and how they perceive and chose to interpret the results. The key to success is trying to remain neutral and impartial.

The scientist is merely a observer, not an active participant. 

I was just teasing. But, if you look at Raptor's specific situation, how is he to know that? He's experimenting with everything, plus it is clear by now that his sanity is below average. He'll see what happens. Who knows, maybe someone'll get so annoyed with him that he won't survive to Level 3? (Don't get any ideas!)

You didn't anyone ideas. I'm sure people were already thinking about that long before you brought it up.  :evilbiggrin:  :evilgrin:  :evilmad:

I didn't say that I was going to do it. I was merely implying that the thought may have crossed more than a few minds before you even mentioned it. And I don't see Raptor as a "nerd". I think the term "mad scientist" or possibly "scientific sociopath" might work better. :D

I didn't say that I was going to do it. I was merely implying that the thought may have crossed more than a few minds before you even mentioned it. And I don't see Raptor as a "nerd". I think the term "mad scientist" or possibly "scientific sociopath" might work better. :D

I didn't say that you were going to do it, either. But I was really aiming for a nerd angle with him... I guess I'll go for 'insane nerd'... :)

I prefer Obnoxious Scientific Freak.

Hey, Raptor has feelings too! Oh wait, he doesn't...

Edited by Gukko Lord

I feel like we need to give a play-by-play for the last thirty pages or so for all the less-actives. Like Alijar and Zakaro have said, it's hard to keep up, and there's a few characters we haven't seen for a while, though I've seen them reading.

I have a feeling Squid would actually be a good politician. 

And the other thing is that Squid is a bit naive, as seen when he joined the lynch mob and confronted his friend. Non-violently, of course, but it was still a confrontation. So he'll help out with whatever crazy scheme you can dream up as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. 

(Directly hurt them, at least...)

Edited by Pohatu: Master of Stone
  • Upvote 2

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

I think you guys probably missed your last ever opportunity to take down Exxan while he wasn't ready for it. He knows Fang is out to get him, and he's with Phogen, surrounded by allies. You'll probably never get him on his own again.

Isn't it unlikely that a couple of few-month-old Rahkshi in a military academy with four topographic maps would come to the conclusion it took full-fledged Brotherhood scientists with access to anywhere in the universe a conversation with Tren Krom to discover? Seriously, is figuring out the MU IC not kinda metagaming?

That's exactly what I thought. Maybe a "mysterious force" is subversively feeding them information and manipulating their actions? :P

Isn't it unlikely that a couple of few-month-old Rahkshi in a military academy with four topographic maps would come to the conclusion it took full-fledged Brotherhood scientists with access to anywhere in the universe a conversation with Tren Krom to discover? Seriously, is figuring out the MU IC not kinda metagaming?

We know it has a pattern that looks a little like a body. We have no idea what the further implications are. I mean, Louisiana looks like a shoe, africa looks like a dinosaur skull, and the Universe looks like a dude.

And he's level three. As in one of the first of the entire species to reach a new level. Natural selection is on Squid's side. 

That may be because Phogen is an evil bloody genius. 

• Upvote 1

Clearly, we are smarter than they are. Also, I'd appreciate it if you guys could, you know, respond to or acknowldege Anubissium? I figure it'd be worth noticing, "huh, there's someone new in this area", even if you don't respond.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

Well, it's kind of difficult to acknowledge someone if you have your character walk into an area where multiple students are having multiple conversations, and just say that you're having them talk to no one in particular. Especially when, like I said, most of those characters are preoccupied with their own discussions.