Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

I apologise for not getting back into this game sooner, but I was busy with other stuff.

I've also been thinking. About characters, and why I make them, and them leave them to rot in the corner of my mind, nibbling away at my memory and thoughts, teasing me with their potential and fails. I've decided to do something about that - the complete stopping of making any characters. Strange, I know, but it has a reason. I make most of my characters on a spur-of-the-moment decision, without looking ahead for any unforseen consequences, and that has come back to bite me, with my aforementioned characters just... Sitting there, in a state of purgatory, while I make other characters that shortly join them in the garbage disposal. So, I'm going ahead and making one last character for me to play as, and that is it. All other characters I post are free for others to use and argue over. So here he is, my last Corpus character. Hopefully he'll be a good one.

Name: Sir Cadwin the First

Variation: Quick Healing

Level: 2

Gear: A medium-sized one-handed arming sword, a small shield, specially adapted armour that can withstand more blows, but has weak points in the joints.

Appearance: Sir Cadwin is an average sized rahkshi, with black armour and plating alone his body, while his eyes, underbody and spinez are a deep crimson red. He has a likewise crimson jewel embedded in his forehead in the shape of the insignia of his Makuta; a flaming spiral, which can be seen through his rahkshi armour due to a hole in the shape of the jewel. His spines are in a flowing, feather-like pattern.

Personality: Sir Cadwin is a very jovial soul, always looking for the next exciting thing to do. He is also very loyal, and sticks firm to his views.

Bio: Sir Cadwin was birthed by an unknown Makuta, who was trying to create one of the new breeds of rahkshi, so that he could rise up and claim more than the measly pot of land than he already had. However, during his time there, Sir Cadwin had heard marvellous tales of brave heroes saving fair dames from treacherous villains and vile beasts, and found it simply grand, and so started to act like them, fashioning armour and following the ways of the old brave warriors, and plotted to overthrow the Makuta, who he saw as the worst of all. Unbeknownst to this, his Makuta sent him off to Corpus, in hopes that Sir Cadwin would become one of the strongest there was, and to help him in his deeds, while Sir Cadwin trained to become the best to complete his mission.

Edited by Tea-rex

As a final note, I will be bringing the assignment to a close, finally, once I see how this Draco/Sliver fight goes. If it goes nowhere by the end of the week, I'll just end it as it is

Actually... I've just run a search through the topic, and it's been nearly five days since my last Sliver post, and despite being online and posting in several other topics, Draco's player has apparently chosen not to respond to it.

This assignment has dragged on long enough, and I don't think it's really fair at this point to force everyone else to wait another five or six days for the purpose of maybe finishing off one more fight. Even if it turns out that Draco actually is an assassin, I wouldn't object to finishing off the assignment now, for the sake of all the other players involved. 

At the time of my posting it had been closer to four days. There have been longer delays between posts and I try to be charitable when making allowances for people's actual lives.

Also going to point out the obvious; if you're so desperate to have the whole thing over you could just have Sliver lose the fight. 

A set of twin rahkshi ready for approval.

Name: Biohazard

Type: poison

Gear: Poison staff and tubes of non-toxic slime

level: 2

appearance: green with a biohazard symbol on his chest. Thin and tall

Bio: The king of practical jokes, he  loves nothing more than playing pranks on anyone he can.

personality: More overbearing and eager than his sister, he often takes his pranks too far, and does more than irritate his victim.

Name: Pollution

Type: poison

Gear: poison staff and tubes of non-toxic slime

appearance: green with a pollution symbol on her chest. stout and short.

Bio: The queen of practical jokes, she loves playing pranks on anyone she can

Personality: more easy-going and laid-back than her brother, often has to reign him in.

Shared gear: a shadow garden, a box of plants for the slime hat need to be kept out of sunlight, and a non-portable chemistry set for producing their slime.

The non-toxic slime they can produce has three variations: sticky, slippery, and gross.

Just in case it would be easier to see like this.

While I do frown on them being so barebones, there's nothing actually wrong with them so they're approved

Name: Hollow

Variation: Cyclone

Appearance: Hollow is very menacing. His massively muscular body is mostly white, with black alongside it. His spines are also thicker and more defined. Very Tall, a very distinct hunch, and red eyes.

Personality: Rage, kill, destruction, etc. You know. He has a soft spot, as he calls, it, which prevents him from killing other Rahkshi. He actually likes reading, but hates to have other people see him when he does it.  He forces himself to stay underwater for long periods of time holding his breath, so that he can become good at it. He is, since he can hold it for a very long time. Too bad he's a terrible swimmer.

Bio: Pushing to become the most powerful Rahkshi in existence, Hollow has forced himself to extremes, becoming very strong. Being selfish and taking advantage of his father's resources was the only reason he stayed with his Makuta, who after seeing him become incredibly powerful, shipped him to corpus to better learn his Cyclone ability and to give Icarax a hard time. He is also related to Xi.

Question about the bio, if his Makuta was so willing to keep Hollow around and use up resources for the strength training why is he not doing the same for power training?

Name: Sir Cadwin the First

Variation: Quick Healing

Gear: A medium-sized one-handed arming sword, a small shield, specially adapted armour that can withstand more blows, but has weak points in the joints.

Appearance: Sir Cadwin is an average sized rahkshi, with black armour and plating alone his body, while his eyes, underbody and spinez are a deep crimson red. He has a likewise crimson jewel embedded in his forehead in the shape of the insignia of his Makuta - a seemingly 4-dimensional spiral, which can be seen through his rahkshi armour due to a hole in the shape of the jewel. His spines are in a flowing, feather-like pattern.

Personality: Sir Cadwin is a very jovial soul, always looking for the next exciting thing to do. He is also very loyal, and sticks firm to his views.

Bio: Sir Cadwin was birthed by an unknown Makuta, who was trying to create one of the new breeds of rahkshi, so that he could rise up and claim more than the measly pot of land than he already had. However, during his time there, Sir Cadwin had heard marvellous tales of brave heroes saving fair dames from treacherous villains and vile beasts, and found it simply grand, and so started to act like them, fashioning armour and following the ways of the old brave warriors, and plotted to overthrow the Makuta, who he saw as the worst of all. Unbeknownst to this, his Makuta sent him off to Corpus, in hopes that Sir Cadwin would become one of the strongest there was, and to help him in his deeds, while Sir Cadwin trained to become the best to complete his mission.

4-Dimensional spiral? We can see it through time, can we?

And is the "Sir" an honorific he bestowed entirely on himself?

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Time for me to lay down the law.

Name: Law

Variation: Mind Reading

Gear: Law wields a spiked warhammer called the “Gavel” and a protosteel suitcase that doubles as a shield when opened. Inside the suitcase are handles made to use it as a shield.

Appearance: He wears additional armor that is shaped like a black tux that complements his natural velvety purple armor. He is lanky, yet muscular.

Personality: He lives to enforce the will of the Makuta as the prosecution, judge, jury, and executioner. If he catches anyone doing something disloyal to the cause, he will sentence them with a slam of the “Gavel.” He also strives for success and perfection in the eyes of the Makuta and is willing to follow them to the ends of the world and the like.

Bio: Law’s life was always restricted. When he first became a Rahkshi, he himself did some mischievous things like an immature child prompting his Makuta to deal with him. After being punished severely by his Makuta for lying straight to his face, he began to pick up disappointment from his Makuta. To avoid becoming a failure in the eyes of him, he resolved to follow his Makuta’s path in terms of personality and virtue. Enlightened by this new philosophy, he sought to make sure that his brethren followed suit and convert, usually by the hammer. He was, however, too harsh on them, and damaged them so severely that many had to get a suit replaced and one had died of internal bleeding. Thus, it was obvious that his Makuta picked him as the protégé of the batch and was sent to Corpus Rahkshi, believing that he was ready for the outside world.

Edited by Shard the Gemknight Toa

Also going to point out the obvious; if you're so desperate to have the whole thing over you could just have Sliver lose the fight. 

Sliver... lose to a defective, bumbling mutant like Draco... I'm not that desperate. :P

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Um... okay...

Just to clarify, that's Sliver's opinion of Draco. What I meant is that I'm not so desperate to finish this fight that I'd have her completely break character and allow herself to lose to someone she sees as far lesser than her. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Simply put, Hollow is single-minded. Seeing how much easier it was to train him physically(and that being his primary intention anyway), that was what his Makuta did, and had simply no time for it. Things come up, and Hollow is given into other hands to finish the job. hence the statement here:

and to give Icarax a hard time.

So he's at Corpus for the primary purpose of learning his cyclone power, and to get it through his thick head that he needs to improve it.

No, it's my bad. I've had a few other people on Skype point out how poorly-worded that post was. 

Sorry. 

Wyrd, I have a question for ye. One of the ideas behind the grapple cable was that it would extend the reach of Sim's power, much like an average rahkshi staff would. In this case, meaning he could potentially stasis field(for a very brief time) an individual who would get caught on the end, with the active tip(also like a rahkshi staff). This good? Stepping out of bounds here?

EDIT:

Also, what time frame is Corpus set in?

Edited by Coconut Fanatic

Yes, and yes.

Although, to be fair, I was thinking of the jewel to be like this whenever you moved around it, only in a spiral shape, so it has nothing special about it apart from looking trippy.

Edited by Tea-rex

Time powers OP. Must nerf. :(

Actually, I'm pretty sure Corpus is set sometime just after the Dark Hunter/Brotherhood of Makuta war. The Great Cataclysm hasn't happened yet, and won't for another few thousand years. 

Spherus Magna doesn't happen for a while. I think Corpus takes place somewhere before the Great Cataclysm, though I don't think it has been specified.

The RPG takes place approximately ten years after the events of Time Trap. In storyline terms that means that the Toa Metru have by now evacuated Metru Nui and became Turaga and we have about 990 years until the Toa Mata show up

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why you don't try to recall convoluted timelines right after waking up. 

Gear: Law wields a spiked warhammer called the “Gavel” and a suitcase that doubles as a shield when opened.

Appearance: He wears additional armor that is shaped like a black tux that complements his natural velvety purple armor. He is lanky, yet muscular.

Personality: He lives to enforce the will of the Makuta as the prosecution, judge, jury, and executioner. If he catches anyone doing something disloyal to the cause, he will sentence them with a slam of the “Gavel.” He also strives for success and perfection in the eyes of the Makuta and is willing to follow them to the ends of the world and the like.

Bio: Law’s life was always restricted. When he first became a Rahkshi, he himself did some mischievous things like an immature child prompting his Makuta to deal with him. After being punished severely by his Makuta for lying straight to his face, he began to pick up disappointment from his Makuta. To avoid becoming a failure in the eyes of him, he resolved to follow his Makuta’s path in terms of personality and virtue. Enlightened by this new philosophy, he sought to make sure that his brethren followed suit and convert, usually by the hammer. He was, however, too harsh on them, and damaged them so severely that many had to get a suit replaced and one had died of internal bleeding. Thus, it was obvious that his Makuta picked him as the protégé of the batch and was sent to Corpus Rahkshi, believing that he was ready for the outside world.

Approved

Yes, and yes.

Although, to be fair, I was thinking of the jewel to be like this whenever you moved around it, only in a spiral shape, so it has nothing special about it apart from looking trippy.

I know this is nitpicking...but how does that work with a static object exactly? A solid, unmoving object can't pull itself inside out like the tesseract you linked

Simply put, Hollow is single-minded. Seeing how much easier it was to train him physically(and that being his primary intention anyway), that was what his Makuta did, and had simply no time for it. Things come up, and Hollow is given into other hands to finish the job. hence the statement here:

and to give Icarax a hard time.

So he's at Corpus for the primary purpose of learning his cyclone power, and to get it through his thick head that he needs to improve it.

So how did his life with the Makuta work then? Hollow wants to get ripped, his Makuta has no real time for him and just gives him free reign of all the funds and equipment he can get. Then at some point the Makuta actually checks in on Hollow, sees he's been skipping cyclone day and is disappointed, so ships him off to Corpus

7AOYGDJ.jpg

His Makuta was so intent on pushing the physical abilities that cyclone training just got skipped, and by the time he did remember, it was near time to ship him off to corpus. Hollow, on the other hand, was subsequently never taught that cyclone powers were important, and barely ever used them.

Time for me to lay down the law.

Gear: Law wields a spiked warhammer called the “Gavel” and a protosteel suitcase that doubles as a shield when opened. Inside the suitcase are handles made to use it as a shield.

Reread my profile after making my first post as Law, and I decided to specify how the suitcase can become a shield.

Haha! So Draco was an assassin. I love being right. 

But Shark... I spent this entire assignment proclaiming his innocence, thinking he was too obvious... I was willing to give Johnrahk the benefit of the doubt, and I was wrong. 

From this point onwards, I shall always expect the worst of everyone, that way I will never be disappointed like this again. 

A little reworking of Helix's profile.

Name: Helix
Type: Cyclone
Gear

• He carries 10 borosilicate test tubes (carries up to 22 mL of fluid) on a bandoleer. With this and his any ingredients he has on hand. He can make chemicals with one or more effects which depend on the properties of the liquid. (i.e. A frothy and cold liquid may create a bunch of foam which will freeze, and a sweet smelling fluid probably means apple cider.) He has caps for each vial, and special spray caps (that will fully empty the contents of the tube to use his chemicals.
  • A currently empty satchel for containing chemicals and other items.
  • He wields two specially crafted blades.
  • He also has a chemistry kit he had to create himself, consisting of glass beakers, granulated cylinders, test tubes, and flasks, a Bunsen burner, and other things. This he keeps in his dorm, and sometimes in other unused dorms near his own. He is currently lacking test tubes and chemicals.
  • He also caries two syringe-knives that auto-injects upon puncturing through skin.

Appearance: Unlike the black and white of a normal Cyclone Rahkshi, he is green and silver, with transparent lime plates and spine. He also permanently wears shades because science is cool. And explosive. And flashy. His spine protrudes in a way that looks like wings, but they are small and simply aesthetic.
Personality: He believes that science can solve most, if not all problems. And quite literally as he indulges in all knowledge related to science, engineering, smithing, and more. He prefers to stay away from his foes, using smoke, acid, and other vials to strike from afar. He is an opportunist, often looking into possible opportunities to display his skill or acquire new knowledge or supplies. Of course, he is not entirely moral and will resort to unorthodox methods into getting certain supplies. But despite this, he is very careful and meticulous about his work.
Bio: He has been in Corpus Rahkshi since the beginning, but simply secluded from the rest of the student body in his dorm room near the infirmary. He has preferred to gather a ton of knowledge rather then join any event, preferring to spend a third of his day reading any and every book in the library, and the second applying his knowledge in the gym by training or lab work, and the other third sneaking to the Cauldron to get supplies. He used to do stuff in private in the corner of the gym away from others, but as he collected things from the Cauldron, he began to convert his dorm into a lab and the resources to experiment with. But now he has amassed enough knowledge. Now was the time for action...yet he isn't sure where to start yet. At this time he is currently researching explosives, and has finally made gunpowder after his work. He is currently looking into the construction of a forge for one of the unused dorm rooms.

He is rescued by Recherche during a salvage mission and Recherche become his first business partner, in his opinion. Together they captured Poly and extorted poison out of him. He participated in the assignment and was "killed" by Vyper when he attempted to show off his work in a crazed paranoid fervor. The battle cost him his supplies, and he decides to be more of a salesman of chemicals and discards the offensive upgrade he made for his blades.

Edited by Shard the Gemknight Toa

Yes, thank you Nato! You did a marvelous job convincing everyone of Shark's status as a civilian, better than I myself ever could have. Maybe this is my revenge on you for lying (way more vehemently than I, might I add) about Exxan? :P

No but really, I do apologize to everyone for having lied about it, I really do. Falsification really bothers me, but what else was I supposed to do? Just admit it? The possibilities of metagaming as a result were too massively high. I hope everyone retains some degree of trust in me despite this...

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Except literally no one believed me about Exxan. 

The sooner this assignment ends, the sooner I get to say I told you so.

Should that indeed prove the case, such is your right.

And now, at long last, I get to indulge in this moment. A small victory, given your treachery, but a victory nonetheless. 

I TOLD YOU SO. 

Edited by Of Australian Origin...