Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Since Wyrd left I've been hopping in and out of this RP with decreasing regularity. I'd definitely be in favor of some new GMs if only to get the plot moving again (even if no major new events start, GMs could hopefully provide a bit of interaction fuel for the players)...

Kathok

So, uh, we're all talking about how great an idea this is, but we haven't actually had any volunteers.

Tempting though it is to nominate myself, I'm busy with uni, and already helping co-GM another RP on this site, so I'd rather not increase my workload any further. That, and I'm aware that certain members of the playerbase harbour some measure of resentment towards me, which isn't exactly a recipe for productive GMing.  

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

In all honesty, we might actually want to determine how exactly things should work out first before we start looking for volunteers, but since everyone seems to be stepping backwards when it comes to actually considering themselves as a GM, we apparently still have some time to properly discuss this matter. Personally, I'm thinking that there should really only be around 3 - 5 available positions, preferably going to those who have a surplus of time on their hands to help out with, are fairly knowledgeable about the game and are relatively fair when it comes to interactions and decision making, and have at least some experience regarding helping people out with their profiles in the past. As for approvals and leveling, these would probably best be handled via a vote between those who'd be running things in Wyrd's absence.

As for ideas regarding a potential increase in interaction, I've noticed that there's a sort of obvious lack of classes (which, like the assignments of old, could grant some experience towards leveling, though on a much smaller scale due to them taking place within a relatively safer environment) in what's essentially supposed to be a high school RPG for Rahkshi, so maybe starting there wouldn't be such a bad idea. Things like Poisons 101 and Proper Weapon Handling, Tactics: Increasing Your Odds of Survivability, or even Hunting: The Art Of Stealth, for example. Also, Corpus could probably use some more in-game faculty members as well, such as an actual Librarian, mostly just to ensure that the students don't go around trashing the contents of the more common areas of the building whenever they want, in addition to possibly decreasing the feeling of complete and utter lawlessness. Who knows? There could even be an Engineer thrown into the mix, giving characters the opportunity to eventually create some advanced tech (within reasonable parameters, of course) of their own at some point.

That being said, since nobody else is currently nominating themselves as a potential candidate, I suppose I could lend a hand with approving profiles and brainstorming at the very least until someone more qualified decides to throw in their hat, as I pretty much have the time prerequisite locked down.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I was thinking the same thing with holding a vote for leveling up, and possibly a nomination process(not for approvals). Most of all though, we need someone to take over Palma, (and that skakdi instructor? is he even still around?) before we appoint more staff. On that point though, I would totally be behind adding staff members eventually, hopefully to bring more order to the chaos that goes on in the halls.

Is anyone even still allowed to post a profile here anymore?  I want to get into this game, because it sounds awesome, but since you're talking about the GM's disappearance, I don't know...

You totally can, it's just that profile approvals aren't happening due to our esteemed GM being notably absent.

Since the game can still function, we've had no issues playing to a point, but it's becoming clear that we need a step in GM, hence the current discussion.

New players are always welcome.

EDIT: Regarding the current GM discussion, I'd be willing to throw in my hat as part of the stand in group.

Edited by Strider!

Yeah, we're going to try get to a point where new profiles will be approved soon. In the meantime, there's nothing to stop you from posting your profile for feedback or just to have it ready.

I've already moved for Sergei, if he's up to the task.

I'd definitely be willing to step up to that. My free time isn't enormously abundant, but I don't anticipate having to leave anyone waiting on responses for more than a few days either.

In all honesty, we might actually want to determine how exactly things should work out first before we start looking for volunteers, but since everyone seems to be stepping backwards when it comes to actually considering themselves as a GM, we apparently still have some time to properly discuss this matter. Personally, I'm thinking that there should really only be around 3 - 5 available positions, preferably going to those who have a surplus of time on their hands to help out with, are fairly knowledgeable about the game and are relatively fair when it comes to interactions and decision making, and have at least some experience regarding helping people out with their profiles in the past. As for approvals and leveling, these would probably best be handled via a vote between those who'd be running things in Wyrd's absence.
As for ideas regarding a potential increase in interaction, I've noticed that there's a sort of obvious lack of classes (which, like the assignments of old, could grant some experience towards leveling, though on a much smaller scale due to them taking place within a relatively safer environment) in what's essentially supposed to be a high school RPG for Rahkshi, so maybe starting there wouldn't be such a bad idea. Things like Poisons 101 and Proper Weapon Handling, Tactics: Increasing Your Odds of Survivability, or even Hunting: The Art Of Stealth, for example. Also, Corpus could probably use some more in-game faculty members as well, such as an actual Librarian, mostly just to ensure that the students don't go around trashing the contents of the more common areas of the building whenever they want, in addition to possibly decreasing the feeling of complete and utter lawlessness. Who knows? There could even be an Engineer thrown into the mix, giving characters the opportunity to eventually create some advanced tech (within reasonable parameters, of course) of their own at some point.
That being said, since nobody else is currently nominating themselves as a potential candidate, I suppose I could lend a hand with approving profiles and brainstorming at the very least until someone more qualified decides to throw in their hat, as I pretty much have the time prerequisite locked down.

On how things should work, I still envision the role of interim GMs as relatively simple and minimal (as Wyrd's tended to be, really): they should collectively approve profiles, level up characters, and play the staff when necessary to do things like keep order, hold assignments, or appoint Prefects.

I agree that there should probably be multiple interim GMs - probably three, five sounds like too many but it should be odd so there can't be vote ties. As for nominations, I think Timageness could do a good job, along with Scorp and Click if they're willing.

I don't know about the idea of classes. Corpus Rahkshi seems like more of a place where students can seek learning, rather than have it handed to them. If we were to start them, it should probably be only one at a time (so everyone's at the same one), each held only once (as opposed to several separate lessons, because several lessons on poison or stealth would be boring), and participation-based - but that's pretty much an assignment. :notsure:

As for keeping law and order, that's basically what Wyrd was getting at in appointing prefects. So I think it would be consistent there to appoint additional prefects, possibly with more specific location assignments (or maybe set up some sort of system of shifts, where they rotate through locations).

OOC: Wait, does Gaever know about the tower?

It's the tower the Matoran put a mortar on, right? I don't think it has any more significance to her than the rest of the place, really, though she might prefer leaving the one thing left standing in the ruins alone.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

I was thinking the same thing with holding a vote for leveling up, and possibly a nomination process(not for approvals). Most of all though, we need someone to take over Palma, (and that skakdi instructor? is he even still around?) before we appoint more staff. On that point though, I would totally be behind adding staff members eventually, hopefully to bring more order to the chaos that goes on in the halls.

On how things should work, I still envision the role of interim GMs as relatively simple and minimal (as Wyrd's tended to be, really): they should collectively approve profiles, level up characters, and play the staff when necessary to do things like keep order, hold assignments, or appoint Prefects.

I agree that there should probably be multiple interim GMs - probably three, five sounds like too many but it should be odd so there can't be vote ties. As for nominations, I think Timageness could do a good job, along with Scorp and Click if they're willing.

I don't know about the idea of classes. Corpus Rahkshi seems like more of a place where students can seek learning, rather than have it handed to them. If we were to start them, it should probably be only one at a time (so everyone's at the same one), each held only once (as opposed to several separate lessons, because several lessons on poison or stealth would be boring), and participation-based - but that's pretty much an assignment. :notsure:

As for keeping law and order, that's basically what Wyrd was getting at in appointing prefects. So I think it would be consistent there to appoint additional prefects, possibly with more specific location assignments (or maybe set up some sort of system of shifts, where they rotate through locations).

If I remember correctly, players used to actually be allowed to either temporarily bunny Palma, or, at the very least, apply a relatively minor time-skip in order to get their characters healed and out of the infirmary in the event that Wyrd wasn't around to type up a proper post pertaining to the action in question. Staff characters wouldn't necessarily need to be controlled unless the current situation specifically required it, such as interacting with students, handing out punishments, or generally keeping the peace within their assigned areas of the building.

Nominating more prefects is always a possibility, but seeing as how they're usually implemented as more of a mobile option when it comes to disciplinary figures (as in they're likely to be found in areas where students normally frequent aside from rooms where a staff member is primarily located, such as the halls, refectory, dorms, etc.), it couldn't hurt to add in a few other Brotherhood allies/underlings as well, just so the ones we already have aren't spreading themselves too thin or potentially letting future troublemakers slip through the cracks.

From my understanding of assignments, however, they were effectively school wide events, and in at least one case I recall (might've been Gorast's attack on Phantom or something), the porters were actually sent out into the halls in an effort to force students to attend, meaning that everyone was more or less expected to participate on some level in-game even though there weren't any punishments being doled out to those who failed to do so. What I'm actually suggesting here are more along the lines of side quests made availabe for characters who deem them relevant enough to warrant their participation. For example, a more honor-bound character such as Paladin or Fountain would probably frown upon the hunting class, since that would involve stealth and taking enemies/prey by surprise, where as others such as Rail or Shark would jump at the chance to improve their technique. And yeah, while holding only one at a time would probably be best for management purposes, a class in question could pop up again at a later time; all you'd really have to do for this to be possible is to change the subject matter/layout of the actual lessons. Potential rewards, aside from leveling progress, would also be unique and relavent to particular lessons as well (i.e., Poisons would open up a larger variety of natural toxins and injection methods, where as Hunting would prioritise on ranged or sneakier weapons), allowing one to better min-max the playstyle of an individual character instead of just simply calling dibs on whatever happens to be approved or dropped.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I'm not sure I'm for the idea of min maxing, but your class idea reminds me a bit of the writing assignment from days of old.

More Suvak assignments along those lines might fit in with your line of thought here, given the role he plays. Heck, maybe actually using Tridax to teach something, given his IC recent demotion to Master of Sciences?

Food for thought.

This sounds like stuff the interim GMs could discuss and sort out by themselves after they've been chosen. I think the priority ought to be approving profiles so that new players can actually join the game. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Make it official. (I will die of laughter if Wyrd turns up tomorrow).

• Upvote 2

If I remember correctly, players used to actually be allowed to either temporarily bunny Palma, or, at the very least, apply a relatively minor time-skip in order to get their characters healed and out of the infirmary in the event that Wyrd wasn't around to type up a proper post pertaining to the action in question. Staff characters wouldn't necessarily need to be controlled unless the current situation specifically required it, such as interacting with students, handing out punishments, or generally keeping the peace within their assigned areas of the building.

Nominating more prefects is always a possibility, but seeing as how they're usually implemented as more of a mobile option when it comes to disciplinary figures (as in they're likely to be found in areas where students normally frequent aside from rooms where a staff member is primarily located, such as the halls, refectory, dorms, etc.), it couldn't hurt to add in a few other Brotherhood allies/underlings as well, just so the ones we already have aren't spreading themselves too thin or potentially letting future troublemakers slip through the cracks.

From my understanding of assignments, however, they were effectively school wide events, and in at least one case I recall (might've been Gorast's attack on Phantom or something), the porters were actually sent out into the halls in an effort to force students to attend, meaning that everyone was more or less expected to participate on some level in-game even though there weren't any punishments being doled out to those who failed to do so. What I'm actually suggesting here are more along the lines of side quests made availabe for characters who deem them relevant enough to warrant their participation. For example, a more honor-bound character such as Paladin or Fountain would probably frown upon the hunting class, since that would involve stealth and taking enemies/prey by surprise, where as others such as Rail or Shark would jump at the chance to improve their technique. And yeah, while holding only one at a time would probably be best for management purposes, a class in question could pop up again at a later time; all you'd really have to do for this to be possible is to change the subject matter/layout of the actual lessons. Potential rewards, aside from leveling progress, would also be unique and relavent to particular lessons as well (i.e., Poisons would open up a larger variety of natural toxins and injection methods, where as Hunting would prioritise on ranged or sneakier weapons), allowing one to better min-max the playstyle of an individual character instead of just simply calling dibs on whatever happens to be approved or dropped.

That's correct. More often than not, Ultron would actually encourage it to save him and the players the trouble, and I think it should continue.

Most of the prefects are either used to gloat, show up at specific times, or randomly threaten, so I'm against appointing more at this time. Besides that, the prefects are all high-level characters, and there's not many more of those to go around. And adding more Makuta-kin would be problematic; they don't exactly come with a fair set of abilities, but we do need one or two more NPCs.

Another thing to add would be that higher-level characters have a harder time leveling up the higher they go. Certain characters in the past seemed to zoom through the leveling process with little to no gaps in how quickly they got there, so this needs to be either added or improved.

As for assignments, I see no problem with having class-type assignments to keep people engaged. Unlike the other assignments, these would be very clear what the rewards are for completing them, whereas the attack on phantom-on-the-water was incredibly vague other than 'kill stuff raaargh' until it was too late to join. And even then, the main reward (special weapons) was only for some participants who were the right type of variation.

Of course, by my lengthy post here, I'm with this. Much happier with it now that I know Sergei's going to be one of the replacement GMs.

Now, one more thing to keep in mind with you three: You can't really watch or upgrade your own characters; you'll have to leave it to the other GMs, and they shouldn't tell you when they're considering it.

That's correct. More often than not, Ultron would actually encourage it to save him and the players the trouble, and I think it should continue.

Most of the prefects are either used to gloat, show up at specific times, or randomly threaten, so I'm against appointing more at this time. Besides that, the prefects are all high-level characters, and there's not many more of those to go around. And adding more Makuta-kin would be problematic; they don't exactly come with a fair set of abilities, but we do need one or two more NPCs.

Another thing to add would be that higher-level characters have a harder time leveling up the higher they go. Certain characters in the past seemed to zoom through the leveling process with little to no gaps in how quickly they got there, so this needs to be either added or improved.

Now, one more thing to keep in mind with you three: You can't really watch or upgrade your own characters; you'll have to leave it to the other GMs, and they shouldn't tell you when they're considering it.

The prefects are actually there to keep the peace, to prevent killings, and to root out rahkshi who aren't quite on board with the whole serving the Makuta idea. Your character just seem to have a bad habit of getting their attention in not so good ways.

Also, duh, of course we can't level up our own characters, that would be just silly and unfair.

EDIT: Also if I could get a Vaalku post soon, that would be great.

Edited by Strider!

EDIT: Also if I could get a Vaalku post soon, that would be great.

Oh, sorry, I didn't know you were waiting on me. My error... Let me look through the pages and find where I left you hanging.

EDIT: Posted. Next time, if for some reason I haven't responded for a week, send me an immediate reminder.

Edited by Ghidora131

Most of the prefects are either used to gloat, show up at specific times, or randomly threaten, so I'm against appointing more at this time.

Haha. No. Just no. 

Besides that, the prefects are all high-level characters, and there's not many more of those to go around. 

Also no. Most of the prefects are only sitting around level 3 or 4, and mid-level rahks like that probably make up a good third of the school's population. Actual high-level rahks of 5+ are a comparative rarity. 

Certain characters in the past seemed to zoom through the leveling process with little to no gaps in how quickly they got there, so this needs to be either added or improved.

As I recall, the characters in question received those quick-succession level ups because they'd actively and consistently engaged in major events and accomplished impressive achievements - they formed Kaitas, fought Dark Hunters, saved the lives of their fellow rahks from Matoran attacks, performed well in Makuta-supervised assignments, and so on. And even then, there were several occasions where characters were denied level-ups because of how recently they'd received their prior ones. 

Frankly, I think the current system works fairly well. If our interim GM's tried to make it 'harder' for higher level characters to level-up further, then it's going to become near impossible for anyone to advance past level 4/5. 

Please, Scorp is not a murderer. 

One of his characters might've been, but not Scorp himself. 

He wants our characters to die for the crimes they've committed against his, I'd imagine. 

Sorry. Dead is dead.

Even then, GMs usually smite characters, not resurrect them. 

More Suvak assignments along those lines might fit in with your line of thought here, given the role he plays. Heck, maybe actually using Tridax to teach something, given his IC recent demotion to Master of Sciences?

And adding more Makuta-kin would be problematic; they don't exactly come with a fair set of abilities, but we do need one or two more NPCs.

Would be interesting to see Tridax again, but he is kind of OP, especially in comparison to the lower level students. While we could nerf the Makuta by making a few simple tweaks (1 Kanohi, Element of Shadow, and 1 - 3 active Kraata Powers (can only be swapped out for inactive powers after a period of 6 consecutive posts has passed by without any power usage whatsoever), for example), it might be better just to shelf them entirely for the time being in the interest of fairness.

Doesn't mean we can't make up underlings of another species, though.

Also, duh, of course we can't level up our own characters, that would be just silly and unfair.

I actually suggested that we should start having people submit requests, including a record of their character's deeds, to have their characters level up. That way, we'd only have to look things over and confirm that they actually happened before making a decision.

And yeah, the GMs shouldn't be exempt from this method either.

Certain characters in the past seemed to zoom through the leveling process with little to no gaps in how quickly they got there, so this needs to be either added or improved.

As I recall, the characters in question received those quick-succession level ups because they'd actively and consistently engaged in major events and accomplished impressive achievements - they formed Kaitas, fought Dark Hunters, saved the lives of their fellow rahks from Matoran attacks, performed well in Makuta-supervised assignments, and so on. And even then, there were several occasions where characters were denied level-ups because of how recently they'd received their prior ones. 

Frankly, I think the current system works fairly well. If our interim GM's tried to make it 'harder' for higher level characters to level-up further, then it's going to become near impossible for anyone to advance past level 4/5. 

I seem to remember this being the case as well, actually, but if Ghidora can supply us with hard evidence to the contrary, then we're still obligated to hear him out.

It's your fault we're in this situation in the first place, murderer.

Please, Scorp is not a murderer. 

One of his characters might've been, but not Scorp himself. 

Actually, it was Icarax who did the deed; all Grim did was detain Subject.

While I'm not saying that you should hold resentment for another player because of their actions, placing the blame on someone who had nothing to do with the decision to kill off your character isn't exactly cool, either.

Sure you can't just revive him using some of your new found GM magic?

Alas, we're only stand ins, not true GMs. Our powers are limited.

Even then, GMs usually smite characters, not resurrect them. 

Have to agree. Sorry.

However, if Subject was to have found himself inside his Makuta's armory one day, sometime before his arrival at Corpus, and had just so happened to accidentally bump into an odd-looking... spear while he was down there, then I suppose you could technically resubmit him for approval without him being dead...

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé: