Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Ah, the daily toil of reading through pages of you guys after only a few hours of having been gone/sleep. Maybe I'll have something IC written up before I go to bed. Still have 3ish pages to read though.

I remember a couple of weeks back when we overtook the Kini Nui topic in number of posts and I joked how Po-Wahi would be next. And now here we are, just forty-odd replies away from actually doing just that. Just...wow. Seriously guys, thanks for making this the most successful RPG this bit of the forums has seen in a long time  :)

Anyway, since some of you have been asking for classes I've been sketching one out for Suvak to run. Basically he's got a few hypothetical scenarios and the students taking part would research the factors involved and write a small piece on what they would do. My question to you guys would be whether you'd prefer to be given just one of these scenarios at random, or all five of the ones I've dreamt up?

First: It's a fantastic idea that has some awesome support. =3 Second: I'd go for the all five option. Sounds like a fun little mental gymnastics course. Maybe make it by choice, not all five? Say, students can choose 1/2/3/4 out of the five.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Fang & Hoto versus Phogen & Exxan.

The final showdown. 

• Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I'm not even sure Hoto is entirely on Fang's side, if at all. That's one reason Fang doesn't want her anywhere near, because he knows she'll think he's mad.

Whatever happens though, it's going to be crazy. Phogen's calm, calculating demeanor clashing against Fang's explosive, impulsive behavior is going to be interesting, and I really pity anyone who gets caught in the shrapnel. :P

• Upvote 1

Fang's got to go through Exxan first.

He made Phogen agree to that. He doesn't want Fang thinking that he lets others fight his battles for him. 

• Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Fang's got to go through Exxan first.

That might be precisely the problem. Exxan and Fang aren't exactly on friendly terms. He actually has a reason to hate Exxan, and it's obvious he's still bitter about everything.

I'd imagine it would start out with a calm discussion, then a lot of yelling from Fang, and then you'll probably have to hold him back. Kat's earned his respect; he won't hurt her (unless he's in a blind rage, then all bets are off).

• Upvote 1

Exxan does just want to talk. By the sounds of it, Fang's going to be the one to break the peace first. 

He actually has a reason to hate Exxan, and it's obvious he's still bitter about everything. 

I still don't fully understand Fang's reason for hating Exxan. Fang attacked three people with a freakin' lightsaber, nearly cut someone's head off, then got ###ed off when they beat the stuffing out of him. Honestly, what did he think was going to happen? 

Edited by Roman Torchwick
  • Upvote 1

I think this got buried.

One for the GM: Do I need to wait for a Palma post before I can IC The Twins leaving the infirmary, or can I just say that they got their injuries patched up and continue on my merry way?

Oh, okay. Must've missed that. 

Alrighty, The Twins are now on a music-killing warpath.

Well... there was an assignment to "kill christmas" and in the aftermath, three students (Squid, Exxan and Phogen) all leveled up to level three. Now there's a sort of power struggle with people choosing sides and sparring and arguing and sticking their noses into stuff that doesn't concern them. Oh yeah, and we're averaging five pages a day, and have overtaken both the Kini Nui and Po-Wahi topics in the main RPG. 

I think that covers everything, in a very generalised sense. 

Well... I'm not really sure. It's hard to tell what's going on right now. Most of the players who were doing stuff are offline.

Well, Metal is still passed out on the floor, I assume. I've left The Twins in there, just waiting for when he wakes up...

If he tries playing that nasty music of his again, it will be the last thing he ever does...

He held the concert... and randomly passed out. Presumably, he's still lying on the floor of the refectory. 

Morals has nothing to do with him being crazy. All of these new breed Rahks are unique, and completely different to what one would expect of a normal Rahkshi. A Rahk with morals is about as crazy as a Rahk in love, or a Rahk who plays music, or a Rahk who's nonviolent.

Individuality, and self-expression and stuff. 

True, but no other Rahkshi is quite as extreme as he is. It's all "black and white," as you said. Rahkshi are born to destroy, to obey the Makuta, and so far, no one else has had as much of a problem with it. Sure, they've all had doubts, Clock and Vir even rebelled a little bit in the last assignment, but no one is openly opposed to it. Just how extreme he is could be a sign, and it doesn't rule out the rest of it. It's just an idea, he doesn't have to be insane, but it sure as Karz looks that way, especially to a rule-abiding Rahkshi, or a "mastermind-in-training" such as Phogen or Chekquars.

Keep in mind, Anubissium is about as opposed to the Makuta as one can get. She just A) hasn't shown it yet, and B) is good at hiding things.

Also, am I the only one to find it ironic that Silence, the Silence Rahkshi, is the one out of the Twins to talk?

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

It was meant to be ironic. Silencer does the talking, when he has to. Illusive is mute... presumably.

I haven't actually decided yet if he can't talk, or merely chooses not to. 

Exxan does just want to talk. By the sounds of it, Fang's going to be the one to break the peace first.

He actually has a reason to hate Exxan, and it's obvious he's still bitter about everything.

I still don't fully understand Fang's reason for hating Exxan. Fang attacked three people with a freakin' lightsaber, nearly cut someone's head off, then got ###ed off when they beat the stuffing out of him. Honestly, what did he think was going to happen?

Well, peace doesn't necessarily have to be broken. That's just how I see it happening. If Phogen and Exxan play it very, very carefully, it might end up better for everyone.

Like I've said, he doesn't think things through. I'm sure he was imagining the Twins to just drop the bag and he could be the hero for the day. Even so, there were better ways of handling it, I'd think.

I'm not sure if he hates exxan, or is projecting everything he hates about the school onto exxan, who is able to represent all of those things. Gotta look beyond the surface.

I could be completely off base, but that's what I see.

Quite possibly. I write the character and I don't fully understand him. :D

Keep in mind, Anubissium is about as opposed to the Makuta as one can get. She just A) hasn't shown it yet, and B) is good at hiding things.

Yes, but she can hide it. She knows fully well what would happen if that got out. Fang probably doesn't even care.

And I'm not saying morals=insane Rahkshi, there are a lot of other indicators. Extreme, "black and white" morality could just be a symptom.

Edited by Click

The pieces are in place. We wait for the King and Queen to make their move. The White King is already in check, but we will watch if it will be checkmate.

Just since you like chess so much. :P

Speaking of our white king, I still have no idea where this sudden loyalty to Fang is coming from. He's been a jerk to pretty much everyone, he's fighting everyone in the school, including Tridax, he's potentially crazy, and still you guys are keeping an eye on him. That's got to be some true friendship, or everyone else is as crazy as he is.

Edited by Click