Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Why must you keep bringing Lucid into this? Lucid is supposed to be out there, and she is consistently and realistically so. As far as I recall, no one has ever complained about how I write her. Wheras Vaalku is theoretically sane (though insanity does offer a tempting explanation to his erratic behavior) and can be relied upon only to do completely unrealistic things, consistently meriting unheeded complaint.

And if you were using 'Vaalku playing the harp' as an example of bad judgement... why would you make it happen? Like... didn't you just say it was bad judgement?

• Upvote 1

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

I've gotten reports about this latest convo, and it is indeed starting to look a bit warm in here.  Deep breaths, people; this is still a game.  Remember that critiques on a character are not (and should not be) critiques on the person playing it, and remember that everyone interprets characters in different ways.  Debate over those interpretations, and what makes a good or realistic character, is great, but keep a cool head in the process.

Edited by GSR
  • Upvote 5

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Name: Punch/Counterpunch/Uppercut/Weave/Cross/Shadowbox/Zerk/Guard/Knockout

Variation: Dodge

Level: 2

Gender: Male/Male/Male/Female/Male/Ambiguous/Male/Male/Female

Gear:

·         Boxing Gauntlets With The Blades

The blades usually retract and is never used when he is Punch.

Counterpunch definitely uses them.

Uppercut will not use the blades. Uses tonfa.

Weave may use the blades but not for the sake of honor.

Cross will not use the blades.

Shadowbox does not use the blades.

Zerk doesn't use the blades.

Guard uses the blades as shields rather than blades.

Knockout doesn't use the blades.

·         ​A pair of tonfa (exclusive to Uppercut, he will collect when he returns)

Skills: Boxing, Kickboxing, Minor Deception and Minor Spying (as Counterpunch), Using tonfa (will be learned by Uppercut when he gets back.)

Appearance: He is tall and his armor is red and silver. His eye color depends on his personality.

Personality: As Punch, he is kind, trustworthy, and sociable. He fights fair and honorably. As Counterpunch, he is harsh at times, deceitful, and very anti-social. Don't fight him as Counterpunch, cuz' he cheats. Both often thinks to themselves a lot, but no one actually knows that they are actually communicating with the other personality. They both are cool with the other, but sometimes have arguments over trivial matters.

As of the CTF game on Visorak, Uppercut has been created due to the guilt Punch had, but did not show, when he was told that he was a reason why Root died. As such, Uppercut is slightly more heroic that either of two. Where Counter is more of neutral evil and Punch is neutral good, Uppercut is good in general. He is fun-loving and adventure seeking.

Now that the rest of the personalities are awake, the weakness of the body poses problems and only 4-5 can occupy at one time, the other being silent and unconscious. Everyone know has a true nature.

The Spectrum:

Lawful Good: Cross: Honorable, disciplined, and compassionate.

Neutral Good: Punch: Good and tries to be the best he can. Sensitive.

Chaotic Good: Zerk: Benevolent enough, but acts on his own accord and doesn't like the rules.

Lawful Neutral: Uppercut: Prefers order and balance, and honor and integrity.

True Neutral: Guard: Wants everyone to get along. Doesn't like the evil personalities, but doesn't do anything good either.

Chaotic Neutral: Shadowbox: Completely acts on his own accord with no respect to others

Lawful Evil: Weave: Like to do evil things while within the rules.

Neutral Evil: Knockout: Out for herself and only for herself. Doesn't care for laws cuz' look what it did to Punch and Uppercut.

Chaotic Evil: Counterpunch: Evil. Just evil. Now that the evil personalities are separated, he is now that.

Bio: Punch was born on another island and had a personality defect. The being was named a name that was forgotten by all the personalities within, but Punch and Counterpunch, being the first, decided to call the body Punch. Originally all the personalities wanted to have separate bodies, but was denied at the time. Their inner battles caused a lot of stress and irrational anger. The Makuta managed to seal many of the personalities away but Punch and Counterpunch were resilient. They still continued their battles, but at least they didn't come with a lot of stress and anger. When on the island of Nynrah, he met Stronghold who taught them boxing and kickboxing in order to the two to relieve stress. They eventually get along and become good friends, besides their conflicting personalities. When Counterpunch found a way to cheat and added retractable hidden blades in the gauntlets, Punch isn't bothered with it, but warns Counterpunch to never show Stronghold. Punch is aware of his second personality. Punch and Counterpunch still hate the Makuta for not helping them split their personalities into two bodies, so they wants to rebel against them someday. At this time, they decides to stick together because Counterpunch's personality provides a cover for his hatred.

When Punch and Counterpunch was on Nynrah, they accidentally had a hand in Root's death, and the guilt that stemmed resulted from that created a new personality: Uppercut. However this guilt also became the cause of the fires of his personalities to come back full force. And each one has a side.

Didn't add this yet but not his true nature is revealed. Waiting for the approval. But I just wanted everyone to see. Consider this my writing exercise. And my rahkshi'd Chroma.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17
  • Upvote 1

Name: Punch/Counterpunch/Uppercut/Weave/Cross/Shadowbox/Zerk/Guard/Knockout

Variation: Dodge

Level: 2

Gender: Male/Male/Male/Female/Male/Ambiguous/Male/Male/Female

Gear:

· Boxing Gauntlets With The Blades

The blades usually retract and is never used when he is Punch.

Counterpunch definitely uses them.

Uppercut will not use the blades. Uses tonfa.

Weave may use the blades but not for the sake of honor.

Cross will not use the blades.

Shadowbox does not use the blades.

Zerk doesn't use the blades.

Guard uses the blades as shields rather than blades.

Knockout doesn't use the blades.

· ​A pair of tonfa (exclusive to Uppercut, he will collect when he returns)

Skills: Boxing, Kickboxing, Minor Deception and Minor Spying (as Counterpunch), Using tonfa (will be learned by Uppercut when he gets back.)

Appearance: He is tall and his armor is red and silver. His eye color changes from blue as Punch to green as Counterpunch. As Uppercut, he has red eyes.

Personality: As Punch, he is kind, trustworthy, and sociable. He fights fair and honorably. As Counterpunch, he is harsh at times, deceitful, and very anti-social. Don't fight him as Counterpunch, cuz' he cheats. Both often thinks to themselves a lot, but no one actually knows that they are actually communicating with the other personality. They both are cool with the other, but sometimes have arguments over trivial matters.

As of the CTF game on Visorak, Uppercut has been created due to the guilt Punch had, but did not show, when he was told that he was a reason why Root died. As such, Uppercut is slightly more heroic that either of two. Where Counter is more of neutral evil and Punch is neutral good, Uppercut is good in general. He is fun-loving and adventure seeking.

Now that the rest of the personalities are awake, the weakness of the body poses problems and only 4-5 can occupy at one time, the other being silent and unconscious. Everyone know has a true nature.

The Spectrum:

Lawful Good: Cross: Honorable, disciplined, and compassionate.

Neutral Good: Punch: Good and tries to be the best he can.

Chaotic Good: Zerk: Benevolent enough, but acts on his own accord and doesn't like the rules.

Lawful Neutral: Uppercut: Prefers order and balance, and honor and integrity.

True Neutral: Guard: Wants everyone to get along. Doesn't like the evil personalities, but doesn't do anything good either.

Chaotic Neutral: Shadowbox: Completely acts on his own accord with no respect to others

Lawful Evil: Weave: Like to do evil things while within the rules.

Neutral Evil: Knockout: Out for herself and only for herself. Doesn't care for laws cuz' look what it did to Punch.

Chaotic Evil: Counterpunch: Evil. Just evil. Now that the evil personalities are separated, he is now that.

Bio: Punch was born on another island and had a personality defect. The being was named a name that was forgotten by all the personalities within, but Punch and Counterpunch, being the first, decided to call the body Punch. Originally all the personalities wanted to have separate bodies, but was denied at the time. Their inner battles caused a lot of stress and irrational anger. The Makuta managed to seal many of the personalities away but Punch and Counterpunch were resilient. They still continued their battles, but at least they didn't come with a lot of stress and anger. When on the island of Nynrah, he met Stronghold who taught them boxing and kickboxing in order to the two to relieve stress. They eventually get along and become good friends, besides their conflicting personalities. When Counterpunch found a way to cheat and added retractable hidden blades in the gauntlets, Punch isn't bothered with it, but warns Counterpunch to never show Stronghold. Punch is aware of his second personality. Punch and Counterpunch still hate the Makuta for not helping them split their personalities into two bodies, so they wants to rebel against them someday. At this time, they decides to stick together because Counterpunch's personality provides a cover for his hatred.

When Punch and Counterpunch was on Nynrah, they accidentally had a hand in Root's death, and the guilt that stemmed resulted from that created a new personality: Uppercut. However this guilt also became the cause of the fires of his personalities to come back full force. And each one has a side.

Didn't add this yet but not his true nature is revealed. Waiting for the approval. But I just wanted everyone to see. Consider this my writing exercise. And my rahkshi'd Chroma.

That sounds like a nightmare to write him/her now, but they will be fun to read.

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

You put the entire DnD alignment chart into one character.... I'm not sure how well that'll work out....

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Don't worry. If all goes as planned, he will be whole. But who he will be is up to everyone else.

BTW, if this is approved, this would probably on his student file, and Palma and Suvak should be aware of his problem.

He may be the most mentally insane Rahk in the school. But he's second to Lucid. She's lucidicrous.  B-)

Makes me think that I should put him as a Toa in The Asylum.

And with that. I'll just head to bed.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Okay, Arctic, I'm going to ask you a question and I want you to think kind of hard about the answer: do you think you could write a character with nine personalities in his head in such a way that each personality felt distinct and genuine, not just a different tacked on colour, in such a way that their actions still made sense and moments that seemed out of character weren't going to be handwaved by the excuse that its a different persona in charge, in such a way that it was clear this was character development and not a gimmick you'll lose interest in?

Because, and forgive me for being blunt but I feel I must be, I seem to recall you having issues with Discord, asking to completely rewrite his personality and possibly backstory. And asking after, what, one day? Characters can take on a life of their own, yes, but they don't do it after only twenty-four hours have passed. 

So consider carefully whether you could realistically portray a multiple personality disorder and answer me honestly if its not just going to be each of the personas making the most broad, generic statement that line up with their morality while one or two of them stay dominant most of the time

• Upvote 6

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I only asked for a personality rewrite. I made mistakes with Discord, seriousness doesn't really fit with what his name implied. As long as I think more about what I put in words, I think I will be able to write Punch how I originally wanted him to be. Faced with two fates, die or be whole.

Also, I've been sensing hatred from Vahkidane toward Punch, me, or both. Not cool.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

What happened with Zex?

Zex was responsible for the deaths of two students, and there were enough witnesses to prove it. As punishment, Tridax allowed everyone who desired to strike him just once; he lost an arm, a leg, his eyes and tongue, and maybe more, I don't remember. He wound up being secretly killed by Shark, who disguised the death as him committing suicide because his life was so pathetic.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

I only asked for a personality rewrite. I made mistakes with Discord, seriousness doesn't really fit with what his name implied. As long as I think more about what I put in words, I think I will be able to write Punch how I originally wanted him to be. Faced with two fates, die or be whole.

Yeah, telling me you didn't think Discord through before submitting him doesn't really fill me with confidence. Tell you what, you show me you can think your posts through enough to make just Punch/Counterpunch/Uppercut seem like distinct individuals and we can talk about getting the whole gamut. Because at the moment the only difference I really see in those three is the colour you use for them, so I'm not sure giving you all nine would be the best idea

So, Ultron, whats the word on Sliver and Sanu, Visorak lunch, or Powerful beasts being consumed by rage?

Yeah, was sort of hoping we'd have a rescue mission going by now, Suvak didn't quite get the response he wanted when he asked for volunteers :P

Gives me an idea though. The rescue mission could be much more interesting if they're not just carrying off a cocoon but actively having to restrain the Hordika-fied Sanurahk, Sliver and Stronghold...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

How about a rescue mission of reinforcements from the mainland? At least Kuma would volunteer.

I don't think they'd have time for that.

So, Ultron, whats the word on Sliver and Sanu, Visorak lunch, or Powerful beasts being consumed by rage?

Yeah, was sort of hoping we'd have a rescue mission going by now, Suvak didn't quite get the response he wanted when he asked for volunteers :P

Gives me an idea though. The rescue mission could be much more interesting if they're not just carrying off a cocoon but actively having to restrain the Hordika-fied Sanurahk, Sliver and Stronghold...

Indeed it would... 

On another note, what power would the Natural Rhotuka have with Limited invulnerability, and Teleportation?

How about a rescue mission of reinforcements from the mainland? At least Kuma would volunteer.

No one currently at the school actually knows how to get to Visorak, and even if they did, it would be too far to fly. That's why we have  the Terrain Crawler.

Indeed it would... 

On another note, what power would the Natural Rhotuka have with Limited invulnerability, and Teleportation?

Well given Stronghold already has a rhotuka, and it launches spinners of kinetic energy that basically work as a long-distance punch he might get that merged with him. A teleportation spinner might pop something a random short distance away

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Yeah, telling me you didn't think Discord through before submitting him doesn't really fill me with confidence. Tell you what, you show me you can think your posts through enough to make just Punch/Counterpunch/Uppercut seem like distinct individuals and we can talk about getting the whole gamut. Because at the moment the only difference I really see in those three is the colour you use for them, so I'm not sure giving you all nine would be the best idea

I was planning to get each personality introduced one at at a time. But i guess Punch's story can work with just three.

The rescue mission could be much more interesting if they're not just carrying off a cocoon but actively having to restrain the Hordika-fied Sanurahk, Sliver and Stronghold...

I'm still a little confused as to how that works.... Wouldn't the Visorak have to rip open the armour and bite the Kraata for the venom to take any effect on the actual characters?

Otherwise only the armour would become Hordika-fied, and it'd have no effect on the character's personality. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar