Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Again why must posts be a measure of time? Cannot one post last half a second and another ten minute? If Kuma is unimpeded, where's the issue?

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

The difference is the Matoran did not travel to the Library in one post. There were several posts of them wandering the halls, and then a specific mention of time passing before they arrived in the Library. 

In your posts, it is easy to read it as he picked up one Matoran, and turned around to see the other, and then later, he heard shouting and was all the way to the Gym before the Rahkshi there could respond. One interaction was cut off just because you wanted to be in another. The timing is really just a matter of opinion, but I think that is the real issue here.

IC: Captured Matoran - Hallways.

The remaining two Matoran had scattered. One had run on ahead, desperately looking for a way out, while the other remained where his friend had died, lashing out with his sword at the monsters responsible.

IC: Captured Matoran - Hallways.

The other survivor, meanwhile, was lost in the maze of corridors, still terrified and confused.

OOC: Open for interaction...

IC: Lost Matoran - Hallway.

He cried out, spotting another Rahkshi moving in for the kill. There were so many of the karzing things.... everywhere.... what was this place? With shaking hands he raised his disk launcher, unleashing a freezing Kanoka at the creature...

IC: Matoran with Launcher.

The Rahkshi's terrifying battle cry made the Matoran back off, shaking where he stood. He fired again, reloaded and fire again. He had to get out of here, before he wound up getting killed next....

IC: Matoran with Launcher.

He kept running, unable to see a way out. 

It was way more than one post. Unless that is not the matoran...

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

@anyone involved in the recent debate:

You might want to reread a few of my posts on the last couple pages, specifically the edits I just added to the ends. The gist is apologizing for letting this get way out of hand and massively overreacting to a game. Locus and everybody else I'm sorry and I hope we can move forward friends from here and be more civil next time (in hindsight most of the uncivilty was really my fault and again I'm sorry.) That said, I still don't get why posts need a set length of time they take up. Nothing was stopping Kuma from leaving Illusive, there was no fight or anything and I didn't think Locus wanted me interacting with Illusive anyways from his reaction and I waited until there were multiple screams before Kuma heard. I will try to be more clear saying time has passed though and do appreciate the constructive criticism. I also still think the teleportation comment was childish but to be honest I was unintentionally egging you on and I understand why I got you mad at me, I'm sorry. Most of the blame is mine.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

I accept your apology, and admire you for it. It takes courage to apologize sometimes. And I too would be glad if we could move forwards as friends. :)

And though I hate to prolong this any further, I'm going to go ahead and do my best to address your remaining concerns. Realize I'm not doing this to antagonize you - I want to help you understand how we think, so we can avoid these disagreements in the future.

On movement - My interpretation is that when you go more than maybe somewhere really close by, you should divide the journey into at least two parts, maybe ore.. That way it doesn't seem like teleportation, and if someone does want to get their character in your way, they have the chance to do so.

And on hearing the shouts - the school is a big place, and the precedent is pretty much set by now that a scream in one end can't be heard from the other, regardless of how many there were beforehand. It just doesn't make sense.

(If anyone wishes to correct these explanations, please go ahead.)

I think that's only part of the issue here, too - tensions were already high between all of us, and Kuma suddenly hearing screams he probably shouldn't have after all the other stuff, throw in the unusually quick transit, and things just explode. I really do regret that, but it happens. Still, I too hope that we can put that behind us. Just try to listen rationally when others point out an issue in your posts, and respond with grace rather than anger, and I'm sure everyone else will be trying too. I know it can be difficult, but it pays off in the avoidance of these fiery arguments, and we'll all come out better players for it. :)

• Upvote 1

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Just to explain: Illusive is mute. He can't, or won't, speak. Laughter is one of the few forms of vocalisation he is capable of. His reaction had nothing at all to do with me wanting or not wanting you to interact with him.

The issue is less to do with travel time, and more to do with the fact that Kuma shouldn't have been able to hear what was happening all the way over on the opposite side of the school. It's a very large building, and it's full of noisy Rahkshi. One of my characters is a blind, level four sonics Rahkshi who relies solely on echolocation and her sensitive hearing to get around, and not even she can hear what's going on at that kind of distance. 

As for the teleportation thing, yes, I freely admit that I was frustrated and decided to be obnoxiously childish, for which I'm sorry, since it only seemed to make things worse. 

Finally, I agree with Johnrahk. It took a lot of guts to apologise like this, and it's definitely appreciated. I'm sorry if my comments have come off as blunt or condescending, but hopefully we can move on from this on better terms. 

• Upvote 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

@ Johnrahk:

Thank you. That's fair enough and I was not aware of the screaming precedent (try saying that one out of context :P), I guess the school is a bit bigger than I thought. I think it's a bit late to edit Kuma\Mangai's current posts being near that Matoran, perhaps I can just keep this in mind in the future? I agree with pretty much everything you said, I don't think you're trying to antagonize me and I'm sorry I acted like you were. I suppose I sort of see the argument for splitting up long journeys but perhaps that one warrants a clarifying fule for new players to explain one way or the other though I'll err on the side of caution until Ultron says something on the matter (unless he did before I joined in which case link me to it.). because I think he'll probably agree with you. Now lets all (especially me) try to live up to the name of of our site and "play well" (leg godt or lego in Danish)

@Locus: Thanks, I'll keep the hearing thing in mind in the future and Kuma had no idea Illusive was mute. Neither did I and should have checked the profile but Kuma would not have known either way so the point is kind of moot.

P.S. Signing off for night.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Illusive et. al. brought four Matoran into the school, and Ultron granted Locus the right to play them. The unfortunate villagers ran into Rahkshi, of course, and because of the incredible strength of Rahkshi, Locus was quite willing to rightfully dictate that the slightest attack horribly maim or even kill them. Attempts at communication were futile, too, as clutched by primal fear, they possessed no incentive to try read any of the peaceful notes or signs benevolent Rahkshi attempted to show them. This incited a lot of arguing OOC, and that issues IC which brought about even more arguing, but it seems to be resolved now. (Hopefully the simple act of mentioning it won't make everything explode again... :mellow:)

At the moment two Matoran are in the Infirmary (one almost dead with a broken neck and the other almost dead with mangled, exploded legs), one is dead outside the Gym and about to be brought to the Infirmary by Liar to cement his innocence, and the last is hiding in a storeroom from Mangai, who used to be Kuma but renamed himself after realizing his life's goal would be to defend others, especially Matoran.

Meanwhile, not a lot has happened on Visorak. Shark finally lost to Kat, Exxan, and Fang, and is currently in the Crawler unconscious. Kat and maybe a few others are starting off on a mission to rescue those captured by the Visorak, but that's not really gotten anywhere yet. And Shield is debating with Cao the justice of killing Punch in vengeance for effectively killing Root.

I think that about sums it up for the last short while.

Edited by Johnrahk
  • Upvote 1

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

You've misunderstood. That portion of the post refers to Nate's character Sliver, who is mentioned by name. Chirox is only brought up as an alternative to the phrase "God only knows" since the Makuta are the Rahkshi's lords and creators and sort of take that spot. Also slightly a joke as, being the inventor of the Visorak, Chirox probably would know

• Upvote 3

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Also slightly a joke as, being the inventor of the Visorak, Chirox probably would know

I didn't realise that part.... nicely done. 

• Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I don't think they will be expecting an attack though, as I doubt they know about the guards yet. Also, I think it's a small village. Also also(?) even if they were expecting an attack, I doubt they would expect a Rahkshi with a flame thrower. Granted, you do raise a good point. They most likely will be able to recover from shock fairly quickly, but maybe not Shock. Also, would Ultron be RPing them?

Edited by Wielder-of-Shadow

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

Illusive has made a few attacks on Phantom-on-the-Water, but they were only ever hit-and-run strikes on the outskirts of the village, or Matoran who were on their own, and he's still been injured on most of those occasions. 

Let me tell you what happened last time we went to Phantom. Three Rahkshi, Fang, Kat, and Omega, were visiting to get some smelting done. They were attacked by a small band of vengeful Matoran with heavy weaponry. Even though Fang and Omega levelled up, meaning streams of plasma and magnetic ore were flying around everywhere, they barely made it out with their lives. Throwing two Rahkshi in the middle of a village who is on the lookout for Rahkshi will only get them killed. Whether they have a staff, a flamethrower, or even a Cordak Blaster.

Edited by Click

Throwing two Rahkshi in the middle of a village who is on the lookout for Rahkshi will only get them killed. Whether they have a staff, a flamethrower, or even a Cordak Blaster.

Speaking of which, the Matoran do have Cordak blasters. And Kanoka, and pateros, and crossbows, and a whole heap of other stabby shooty explodey stuff.

Not only would Rahkshi attacking the village be outnumbered, they'd also be outgunned. 

Wait a minute...

I thought Level 2 Rahkshi of Magnetism couldn't use their powers offensively. How was that possible?

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Well, Omega leveled up on Nynrah, and I guess he wasn't launching the ore, but rather summoning it and throwing it... if I remember correctly. Maybe he was just ramming. It was a while ago. :P

Okay, because flinging rocks and metal via powers isn't supposed to happen until Level 4.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

When Omega first started off, he was autohitting everyone by using magnetism to take control of their armour and throw them into things. Just be glad we don't have that problem anymore....