Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

You made Green headbutt the floor, and threw Squid into a wall. That isn't ramming. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

And if they were able to walk to this village, then the locals there definitely would've gotten word from Phantom about the marauding Rahkshi, and would still have weaponry stockpiled in case of an attack. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

So, in light of a recent debate I had over Skype with a few other players, I'd like to make an open question to the GM and everyone else here: Does the entrance to Corpus Rahkshi have a door?

I've always assumed it hasn't, and that the entrance is instead just a large, open archway - I've seen it described as such numerous times. There have been no posts from the GM or players mentioning a door, except for a handful of character introduction posts. There are many, many posts of Rahkshi seemingly flying or walking directly from the Hallways to the Causeway with no mention of them having to stop and open/close doors of any sort. 

A door at the entrance would serve no real practical purpose, and just get in the way. If the school were to be attacked, it could simply reshape itself to put a wall in the way of the entrance, which again makes a door seem rather pointless. 

So I'm curious as to what everyone else's thoughts are on the matter? 

Edited by Locus
  • Upvote 1

I vote yes, as the opening/closing of said door could just be written of as an action a character in question could subconsciously perform without necessarily being written about (breathing would be another example of this).

• Upvote 2

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Doors would be good. Maybe some decorations so they're... Adoorable... Bad puns. Anyways, doors give first impressions, at least to me. A basic door gives off a sort of cheap vibe, and makes the building less impressive, while a massive, ornate door would be more imposing, and make the building seem better because of it. Also, Tridax, being as prideful as he is, would be all about the first impressions.

Edited by Wielder-of-Shadow
  • Upvote 3

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

I heartily agree with the above posts. Really, to me, the concept of there not being a door just seems rather silly. Corpus Rahkshi is described to look like a fortress, and what self-respecting fortress doesn't have a set of huge, ominous double doors?

It's not as they would really interfere with Rahkshi entering or leaving the school; as Locus vehemently pointed out during the Matoran battle, Rahkshi are incredibly strong. Opening doors shouldn't present a problem to them at all. So yeah, as I see it and have been writing, Corpus definitely has doors.

Edited by Johnrahk
  • Upvote 2

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

I've just never seen any real mention of their being doors. Rahkshi walk or fly in and out without stopping.

Besides, I don't really see why a giant, ominous set of double doors would be necessary. It'd be impractical, really. And I can't help but feel that if a set of such doors existed, it would have been mentioned by Ultron at some point. 

Edited by Locus

I've just never seen any real mention of their being doors. Rahkshi walk or fly in and out without stopping.

I think someone mentioned this earlier, but all a rahk would have to do would think open the door, if ya don't mind and the semi-sentient rock would do the rest.

Kathok

There isn't really only one entrance to the school. Each of the wings has its own set of doors, so you don't need to go traipsing all around the building to get to where you want to go. So there's probably eight entrances in total, one on each end of each wing, and I'd imagine they'd have doors if only to keep out the wind and the wet (since we're on an island after all) 

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Really? Okay, that's news to me.

I've always thought we had just the one giant open archway of an entrance that opens up out onto the Causeway. 

I like to think there's probably still one larger entrance in the middle (the "main entrance"), but it definitely makes a lot of sense to have one for each wing...

I realise that the gym is the only place where the students can influence the living rock, so this doesn't actually apply.

Kathok

So you're telling me that this whole time we've had eight entrances? Meaning Illusive could've taken his Matoran directly to the Empty Dorm Wing instead of sneaking them all the way through the school?

Seriously, why was this never mentioned before now? 

Don't feel bad, Nato.

Doors or not, I thought that the school only had one entrance too.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

There's Rahkshi outside; he aint coming out anytime soon. 

Who does anyone trust Shark? Considering that sharks are predators, and some species are known to devour their own siblings. 

Liar was given his name for three reasons:

Reason #1 is pure irony; by calling himself a liar, he's actually being honest.

Reason #2 is self-explanatory.

Reason #3 is a secret that I'm not ready to reveal at this time, mostly because it would ruin a certain surprise that I'm trying to build up to, but those of you who have been following his exploits might've picked up on some of the hints I've been dropping every so often in my posts. Some are glaringly obvious, and others are a bit more subtle.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

That's the beauty of the whole situation; what you think you know might not actually be true...

And yes, I cleared it with Ultron before Liar was even created, so it's not going to be anything game breaking or metagamey, but will hopefully still be interesting nonetheless.

Also to answer Johnrahk's question above, Liar just arrived recently, so Palma might not actually know his name.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

That's the beauty of the whole situation; what you think you know might not actually be true...

And yes, I cleared it with Ultron before Liar was even created, so it's not going to be anything game breaking or metagamey, but will hopefully still be interesting nonetheless.

Also to answer Johnrahk's question above, Liar just arrived recently, so Palma might not actually know his name.

That way he can easily.....

.....LIE.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Come to think of it, have any of the characters so far willingly ditched their Makuta in order to go to Corpus Rahkshi, or has everyone been playing as if they were sent there instead? Because if that were to happen, then the staff could theoretically be unaware that some of the students are effectively squatting there, and they wouldn't know their names, either.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé: