Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

I thought it was time to put this here again for posterity's sake:

On the topic of invulnerability Rahks, my first option would generally be to go for the joints. Their power stops them getting hurt, it does squat to stop me dislocating one of their shoulders. I mean, I'm not breaking their bones or tearing their muscles, I'm just applying a bit of...destructive engineering. A bonus of that tactic is that you don't need super-powers to do it, and it works even on the sixers. My second option would be choking them somehow. But unless you're Exxan and can summon up a vacuum that means you're going to have to strangle them, which relies on you being around the same strength as that Rahk. There's a variety of Rahkshi powers that might also come in handy for disabling them, Hunger, Gravity and Magnetism being three off the top of my head.

And if we hypothetically target Stronhold himself as an example (sorry Arctic :P) then there's even more options to take while he's still relatively low powered. Extremes of heat and cold will boil and freeze him. Heavy impacts will give his still-squishy insides a nasty time. And there's the always useful light-based attacks, though I think its only Deadeye and Dodge (he still has that skyblaster of his, right?) who might find that useful

Also,

Quick question. Seeing that shredder claws are able to slice almost everything, what is its affects on limited invulnerabilty rahksh

Be careful about how you use those claws. I'm sure no one will mind giving them a small advantage over other weaponry, but the ability to slice through "almost anything," rending armor like warm butter is not going to work. There's only one weapon in this game with something near that, and it was given to the character by Wyrd in an assignment.

Edited by Click
  • Upvote 2

Can confirm - blunt force and aiming for the joints are both remarkably effective against limited invulnerability rahks. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I thought it was time to put this here again for posterity's sake:

On the topic of invulnerability Rahks, my first option would generally be to go for the joints. Their power stops them getting hurt, it does squat to stop me dislocating one of their shoulders. I mean, I'm not breaking their bones or tearing their muscles, I'm just applying a bit of...destructive engineering. A bonus of that tactic is that you don't need super-powers to do it, and it works even on the sixers. My second option would be choking them somehow. But unless you're Exxan and can summon up a vacuum that means you're going to have to strangle them, which relies on you being around the same strength as that Rahk. There's a variety of Rahkshi powers that might also come in handy for disabling them, Hunger, Gravity and Magnetism being three off the top of my head.

And if we hypothetically target Stronhold himself as an example (sorry Arctic :P) then there's even more options to take while he's still relatively low powered. Extremes of heat and cold will boil and freeze him. Heavy impacts will give his still-squishy insides a nasty time. And there's the always useful light-based attacks, though I think its only Deadeye and Dodge (he still has that skyblaster of his, right?) who might find that useful

Also,

Quick question. Seeing that shredder claws are able to slice almost everything, what is its affects on limited invulnerabilty rahksh

Be careful about how you use those claws. I'm sure no one will mind giving them a small advantage over other weaponry, but the ability to slice through "almost anything," rending armor like warm butter is not going to work. There's only one weapon in this game with something near that, and it was given to the character by Wyrd in an assignment.

Yeah. Seeing how Piruk uses them, they don't cut like butter knives. It's just described as being able to cut through almost anything.

~After they make Styrofoam, what do they ship it in?~

Currently building a Rahkshi Biker.

Don't know if a profile will be made for them at some point in the future, but since we're throwing around images of MoCs/artwork and potential character concepts, I just figured I'd put that out there.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

this ain't tf2 boy

if you shoot a rocket at your feet, you will die.

This is Bionicle, where I can actually make an somewhat sane explanation for why the rocket launcher does no damage to anything. (It uses a gravitational burst to repel the Rahkshi holding the device.)

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

This Rahkshi, who cannot fly, uses this device to get as close to flight as he can. While there may have been easier options, rocket jumping opens up a whole world of mobility. I'm thinking of making him a reality. Squid's been my only character for a long time, and while its nice to play the good guy who's friendly to everyone, it would be cool to try another character.

I HATE SCORPIOS

I must admit, this rocket jumping concept sounds pretty dang awesome. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

This Rahkshi, who cannot fly, uses this device to get as close to flight as he can. While there may have been easier options, rocket jumping opens up a whole world of mobility. I'm thinking of making him a reality. Squid's been my only character for a long time, and while its nice to play the good guy who's friendly to everyone, it would be cool to try another character.

I'd love to see the offensive capabilities. Imagine launching yourself around and using the blast to push people away (like a pyro airblast) as well.

tons of problems with that buddy.

first of all, how are you supposed to land?
you're going to hurt yourself, no matter how you look at it.

second.

if you hit the ceiling, you're probably going to break it.

and the ceiling is going to try and eat you.

third, this only really useful outside, and even then, you can't reliably jump without hurting yourself multiple times.

i really wish people would stop trying to be "randem xddd" with their ideas.

its annoying, and hilariously impractical.

tons of problems with that buddy.

first of all, how are you supposed to land?

you're going to hurt yourself, no matter how you look at it.

second.

if you hit the ceiling, you're probably going to break it.

and the ceiling is going to try and eat you.

third, this only really useful outside, and even then, you can't reliably jump without hurting yourself multiple times.

its annoying, and hilariously impractical.

You could fire a small burst at the ground as you land to slow down the fall. Same applies with the ceiling. Also I believe a controlled amount of force would be good. The gym isn't that small.

He's using gravity, though, not an actual rocket launcher. And given the tech level in the Bionicle universe, there's plenty of ways it could prove to be practical without there being risk of injury to the user. 

Now, don't encroach upon my style.

He's using gravity, though, not an actual rocket launcher. And given the tech level in the Bionicle universe, there's plenty of ways it could prove to be practical without there being risk of injury to the user. 

Yes, but there's another couple issues with this:

What if he isn't holding it just right, and it tears his arm backwards?

If it gets a certain range, how did he get to Corpus? (if this is still a rocket launcher. If it's something like a levitation device then that really says "my character should fly but can't fly so i gave them the ability to fly".)

How exactly would he get this? There have been some unusually kind Makuta, but i doubt one would go to the extent of making sure the Rahkshi has all of life's pleasures.

And how would this be effective in combat? one second you fly away from an opponent's attack, the next your splattered remains are being eaten by the floor.

...the next your splattered remains are being eaten by the floor.

The school won't eat anyone while the power is turned on. Unless they're trying to punch holes in the wall or something, in which case it will likely devour their hand while it's repairing itself. 

• Upvote 1

As you may have guessed, this Rahkshi is inspired by the TF2 soldier. Like the TF2 soldier, he uses a small shovel as a weapon. It may not seem like much, but when a Rahkshi is bouncing himself off of walls and the floor doing all sorts of tricks before zooming towards you with a blunt piece of metal, it is going to hurt. The rocket jumper is only for locomotion, and while he can do a lot of things normal Rahkshi can't do, he also can't rocket jump over water or high into the sky. He needs something solid to jump off of. Another thing- the rocket jumper only affects the wielder. Even if you are standing right next to the blast, unless you are the one who pulls the trigger, you won't get blasted away. I am going to work out some of his personality to make him not a carbon copy of the soldier before submitting his character sheet.

I HATE SCORPIOS

Sounds a little like an expy right now, but I'm going to defer making a final judgement until the actual profile's done. 

Couldn't a similar effect be achieved via the use of a Jump Pack (see any of the Star Wars Battlefront games), though?

Depending on the exact mechanics of the device in question, it could also provide a means of landing somewhat safely as well.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

As you may have guessed, this Rahkshi is inspired by the TF2 soldier. Like the TF2 soldier, he uses a small shovel as a weapon. It may not seem like much, but when a Rahkshi is bouncing himself off of walls and the floor doing all sorts of tricks before zooming towards you with a blunt piece of metal, it is going to hurt. The rocket jumper is only for locomotion, and while he can do a lot of things normal Rahkshi can't do, he also can't rocket jump over water or high into the sky. He needs something solid to jump off of. Another thing- the rocket jumper only affects the wielder. Even if you are standing right next to the blast, unless you are the one who pulls the trigger, you won't get blasted away. I am going to work out some of his personality to make him not a carbon copy of the soldier before submitting his character sheet.

Well considering I tried to make a TF2 Spy character I wouldn't say that this is a bad idea :P

Edited by PhoenixFireBlaze

Couldn't a similar effect be achieved via the use of a Jump Pack (see any of the Star Wars Battlefront games), though?

Depending on the exact mechanics of the device in question, it could also provide a means of landing somewhat safely as well.

Yeah but rocket jumping is cooler.

I HATE SCORPIOS

Yeah but rocket jumping is cooler.

The only problem I see with the rocket jumper is how it doesn't affect others. That just seems like an unrealistic game mechanic.

Well considering I tried to make a TF2 Spy character I wouldn't say that this is a bad idea :P

and that character also sucked.

It's fine. If he really wants to go and grab the arm of the molecular disruption rahk, he can pay the price. 

Radriarch was forced to let of the hammer go when Geuua pulled Blazebreaker away, simply because he couldn't reach as far. He intercepted the shield blow by grabbing Geuua's wrist with his other arm.

Um, this is an autohit. Please edit.

Ok. So just to clear this up. What separates an auto hit from a defending yourself? Like grabbing weapons in self defense isn't an auto hit is it? I'm confused. Edited by PhoenixFireBlaze

Grabs are a weird area. If it's you grabbing to intercept, it's generally not considered an auto hit. Just saying you successfully grabbed someone in an attacking manuever generally is considered an auto hit.

Speaking of hits, though, Pheonix, how long are each of Pyre's kamas? Cause even with giving them a generous foot and a half length, I can't see how they'd be longer than a 42 inch long longsword.....

Grabs are a weird area. If it's you grabbing to intercept, it's generally not considered an auto hit. Just saying you successfully grabbed someone in an attacking manuever generally is considered an auto hit.

Speaking of hits, though, Pheonix, how long are each of Pyre's kamas? Cause even with giving them a generous foot and a half length, I can't see how they'd be longer than a 42 inch long longsword.....

This is about how long they are: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Dual_Kamas

But now that you mention the exact length of the longsword, I'd say they're shorter than Percy's blade. I'll edit the post to reflect that.

Welcome to Corpus Rahkshi, were impractically huge weapons are the norm. 

While that is also true, it doesn't change the fact that there are still some horrifically impractical weapons in this game...