Set Review: 70789 Onua Master of Earth

70789_Onua_Master_of_Earth_teaser.jpg

It's time for more Bionicle 2015 reviews! I know I can hardly contain my excitement, so hopefully you all are excited too. Today Forum Assistant Nuju Metru takes a look at 70789 Onua Master of Earth, one of the larger sets from next year's line. Are you going to dig this Toa of Earth? Or will you leave him in a deep, dark cave? You'll have to read on to find out!

View the full article

• Upvote 3

Excellent review! Thanks. :) The video reviews are very high-quality.

Onua looks like an amazing set! Obviously the only con I can see is the reliance on stickers. Other than that... Wow! Those parts look great, the gear function is intuitive (and very nostalgic) and the builld looks complex enough to be fun. And a great build with a great design = fantastic set.

I can't wait to get these Masters. :)

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

He looks much better than I though he would. In fact, I think he looks better than Kopaka, even though I love Kopaka too.

I think the stickers are less disturbing on him than they are on Kopaka. The stickers on Kopaka's legs really annoys me. Onua doesn't have this problem.

This was a good review for a great set. 

"I feel far far away from everything I've ever known, but when I look back, I think of you"
LewaKini.png
Credits to Eeko for the banner. Lewa is awesome.

I really liked that you showed what he looked like without his armor on. Its really cool seeing his 'bare-bones' body underneath it. And his weapon looks really cool too. :)

The only thing that slightly disappoints me about this set is that it has stickers, but I guess we have to expect that with all the new Toa sets now. But its a small price to pay for at least having new Bionicle sets.

Thanks for the review!

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

When I first saw the pics of Onua, I hated him. I thought his Pakari looked nothing like the original, I hated how bulky he is, and I thought gold and silver would go horrible together. After looking at him some more, tho, he really started to grow on me, and now he's one of my must-have sets of 2015.

Anyway, thanks for reviewing him for us, Nuju Metru. It's great to get more close-up looks at the new sets (Especially the ingenious gear functions they have).

why is this happening

Everything I see of Onua makes me like him more. I don't want to buy any Bionicle sets this year, but I might have to.

(Why does the gold and silver work so decently? I know I should hate it, but something about the color distribution actually works really well.)

Onua is probably the second-most interesting set after Kopaka so I'm definitely going to buy him. :P I hadn't noticed/realized until now that you could combine the Protector and the Toa, so that was a nice surprise. Thanks for pointing that out, NM.

Overall, it was a pretty great review. Thanks for stripping him down to the basic structure, I was curious as to what he had going on under all that bulky armor.

Definitely my favorite of the new sets.  I'm a bit torn--Onya is amazing, but I've got to get Tahu and Kopaka because they're my favorite of the Toa, and Pohatu has burnt orange...  So many sets to buy.

The torso construction is a thing of beauty!  It makes my Bionicle-based soul happy.  Great parts, on both the technic and CCBS ends.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

Onua was an instant favorite the moment I saw a first clear picture of him and I still love him. Will be one of the first Toa I'll get. And that trans-purple is simply glorious.

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

The only thing that slightly disappoints me about this set is that it has stickers, but I guess we have to expect that with all the new Toa sets now.

What? No you don't. None of the new BIONICLE sets have stickers except for Onua and Kopaka, who have two stickers each. Perhaps the fact that BZPower reviewed those two sets first is what gave you the idea the rest would also be like that, but they are the exception, not the norm.

Anyway, Onua is definitely a great design, and a set that unquestionably merits its $20 price tag. With 108 pieces, it has more than three times as many pieces as the 2001 Onua, which cost $7 even back then! There are some great, creative building techniques used to attach the new Onua's shoulder armor and shoulder joints. Also, his hammer is ingenious, and I love that there's a place on the back to store the handle when he's using it as claws. One thing I love is that he and Pohatu are still the two shortest Toa, just like they were in 2001 and 2002.

I do not mind his color scheme, to be honest. It'd be interesting to see what he looked like with Silver Metallic instead of Warm Gold, but I actually think the contrast looks very interesting. Plus, if you got rid of the Silver Metallic shoulders, what would you change the armor for his lower body to? Black would look boring, I think (since it'd make his body almost entirely monochrome), Titanium Metallic would just add one more color to his color scheme, and Medium Lilac might be TOO vibrant.

The color of the Skull Spider in this set is called Spring Yellowish Green. Bricklink just calls it Yellowish Green, which I think is a darn shame, because not only could that just as easily describe any shade of what Bricklink calls "lime", but it also is inconsistent with Bricklink naming conventions. If they were to call it anything other than Spring Yellowish Green, I wish they had called it "Bright Light Lime" to fit in with their color names like "Bright Light Blue" (Light Royal Blue) and "Bright Light Orange" (Flame Yellowish Orange).

• Upvote 3

I really like his construction! The complexity is truly more Bionicle than HF was. I personally don't like his gold mask all that much, but I LOVE the design (black looks good). I know this is trailing off into other categories, but If mask packs are a thing, I want onua's in red. I feel like that would look pretty sweet.

Also, I don't like how expensive these all are, but Onua is EASILY worth 20 bucks, so it's worth it.

move along.

nothing to see here.

I do not mind his color scheme, to be honest. It'd be interesting to see what he looked like with Silver Metallic instead of Warm Gold, but I actually think the contrast looks very interesting. Plus, if you got rid of the Silver Metallic shoulders, what would you change the armor for his lower body to? Black would look boring, I think (since it'd make his body almost entirely monochrome), Titanium Metallic would just add one more color to his color scheme, and Medium Lilac might be TOO vibrant.

I would change the piece to gold. If you changed his shoulders to black, that still leaves his body without any gold coloring, with the exception of what is printed on the stickers. It's unfortunate the piece doesn't exist in that color, but I'll remain hopeful that we get it at some point. 

I would change the piece to gold. If you changed his shoulders to black, that still leaves his body without any gold coloring, with the exception of what is printed on the stickers. It's unfortunate the piece doesn't exist in that color, but I'll remain hopeful that we get it at some point.

I would disagree with changing the shoulders to gold, since based on photoshopped pictures people have made that seems to add TOO much gold (to the point where he starts to look like a gold figure with black details rather than the other way around), and I don't think gold suits the heavy industrial look of those parts in the first place.

If anything, I'd change all his gold shell details to silver... but honestly the longer I look at him the more I think the use of both colors works better than replacing either of them would.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I would disagree with changing the shoulders to gold, since based on photoshopped pictures people have made that seems to add TOO much gold (to the point where he starts to look like a gold figure with black details rather than the other way around), and I don't think gold suits the heavy industrial look of those parts in the first place.

If anything, I'd change all his gold shell details to silver... but honestly the longer I look at him the more I think the use of both colors works better than replacing either of them would.

That's not what I meant, I mean I would change the shoulders to black and change the silver armor shell on his lower body to gold.

Almost forgot to say, great review Nuju Metru! Agreed on all points. 

Edited by VBBN

The only thing that slightly disappoints me about this set is that it has stickers, but I guess we have to expect that with all the new Toa sets now.

What? No you don't. None of the new BIONICLE sets have stickers except for Onua and Kopaka, who have two stickers each. Perhaps the fact that BZPower reviewed those two sets first is what gave you the idea the rest would also be like that, but they are the exception, not the norm.

Really? I wasn't aware of that. I was just assuming all of them would have stickers in some ways. Especially the bigger ones.

Consider me corrected. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

This topic has totally thrown me. It seems everyone likes Onua now, even those who had doubts before are suddenly coming around to him and heaping on praise. Seriously, the only negative comment in this whole thread is that he uses stickers? You can quite easily not use the stickers, I know I won't be... What about all of his other problems though? That colour scheme is still awful, I don't know WHY people are suddenly starting to change their mind about it after seeing a brief video review, nothing has changed since it started being ugly in the initial leak and reveal!

My biggest problem with this set after seeing the review however is actually a new one which surprises even me. I guess we couldn't see the proportions quite so well in the release images as Onua is leant forward with his hips back but Oh. My. God. Those hip and shoulder joints are simply ATROCIOUS! They are unforgivably pathetic and I very much doubt they would be strong enough to keep his arms on in reality (especially if he was carrying around that daft over-sized anime mallet...) The huge chestplate is one thing, I already knew I didn't like that. Although so did a great many other people who have all now apparently forgotten how stupid it looks because OMG A VD RVW! A video review that does nothing but reinforce how stupid it looks by the way... The only way the chest and limb joints DO NOT look ridiculous is if the figure is posed in such a way that you can't see them and that's just not good enough for a $20 set... The hip joints can't even BE hidden, they're constantly on show for the flimsy toothpics that they are, yet we're to believe they're strong enough to support the most bulky and powerful Toa of them all? No dice... I have a sneaking suspicion that even I could wipe the floor with this guy if I could just sneak a swift kick in at his hips. Hey, Onua, where did your legs go?!?! 

The clashing colours and horrible proportions aside I don't have any other new gripes with this set. I am, despite what you may believe, a reasonable man after all and let's not forget a lifelong fan so I by no means want to DISlike any of the new sets. Onua just doesn't do it for me though. People have commented many times that the new Pakari is a good throwback to the original but while I see it isn't hugely different I just don't see it like others do. It looks small and weak and it leaves literally the whole top of Onua's head uncovered. And BEFORE anyone says the original one did that too, yes it did, but Onua Mata had a small headpiece and brain. Just like they all did. The new Masters have big long heads and brains and Onua's mask particularly seems to just sit on the very front of it, leaving much uncovered and ugly while at the same time detracting from the importance of masks (even more than has already been done by the lack of emphasis on names and powers...) I also noticed that the review mentioned the Pakari has a weaker than epected grip on the head piece, hopefully that's due to distortion and won't be a problem in ALL Onua sets but I guess we'll have to wait and see. The whole 'brain knocks off masks' gimmick seems really odd to me though and has undoubtedly played a part in these oddly shaped and attached, not to mention much smaller, masks. Can you imagine how you would feel if your brain occasionally flicked your face off? Seems like a bit of an odd function to me...

Long story short, I think everyone is letting themselves get caught up in the hype of these new releases as they creep ever closer. It's making people oblivious to the flaws that exist in these sets and attracting blind praise from increasing numbers of fanboys who are just super-excited about 2015 Bionicle regardless of it's quality. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for the new releases too and they are of undeniably good quality from what we've seen so far so please don't flame me for saying the new releases aren't good. I just think the new Onua design in particular is awful and what really compounds the matter is the fact that people who disliked the set previously, based on nicely edited well-posed photos, now suddenly idolise him after some in-depth detailed looks at the actual set which is ugly, out of proportion and gangly as H.

If we want to see a strong return of Bionicle, the community has to stand up and speak out against things like this, not get overhyped and forgive because we're all getting excited! This community happens to be in a very fortunate position in that Lego actually cares what we think here and has ties with the site and the community at large. Let's not use those ties to lick their boots but instead to pat them on the back for a job well done and then point out the things we don't like. That includes stickers btw...

Edit : Good review by the way, my gripes are all with the set, not with the reviewer!!!

Edited by Munty

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

1) That colour scheme is still awful, I don't know WHY people are suddenly starting to change their mind about it after seeing a brief video review, nothing has changed since it started being ugly in the initial leak and reveal!

2) The new Masters have big long heads and brains and Onua's mask particularly seems to just sit on the very front of it, leaving much uncovered and ugly while at the same time detracting from the importance of masks (even more than has already been done by the lack of emphasis on names and powers...)

3) The whole 'brain knocks off masks' gimmick seems really odd to me though and has undoubtedly played a part in these oddly shaped and attached, not to mention much smaller, masks. Can you imagine how you would feel if your brain occasionally flicked your face off? Seems like a bit of an odd function to me...

3) It's making people oblivious to the flaws that exist in these sets and attracting blind praise from increasing numbers of fanboys who are just super-excited about 2015 Bionicle regardless of it's quality. 

4) If we want to see a strong return of Bionicle, the community has to stand up and speak out against things like this, not get overhyped and forgive because we're all getting excited! This community happens to be in a very fortunate position in that Lego actually cares what we think here and has ties with the site and the community at large. Let's not use those ties to lick their boots but instead to pat them on the back for a job well done and then point out the things we don't like. That includes stickers btw...

Hopefully the way I've cut this doesn't skew it too much, removal of emphasis is just because I'd rather throw numbers in then have 4 quatoes each taking up extra lines.

1) Their normal masks certainly do seem to be less emphasised, but whilst many don't (or at least didn't...) like the colour scheme - mostly the Gold & Silver, I think that the Golden Masks still stand out well on all sets; so they've made the importance of the Golden Masks more noticeable by reducing the general size of the all, & relied on gold highlights to more than compensate. Works for me; might not be their line of reasoning, but I still think it works (for now).

2) Eh... I can understand that gripe easy enough, personally I don't think that's gonna bother me to much, but yes it certainly would have been nicer if where the mask curves so you can see the axle went the other way and covered that & the top bit, but I'll live; it'll change what poses I would use but not that much really. MOC wise the heads can be covered up otherwise... Otherwise speaking though; it's a Mask, some masks are less constrictive than others, & if it's to ensure the de-masking mechanic works well then I'll bow to TLGs ideas about what will get some extra sales out of certain demographics; certainly many in their target group won't be interested either but I don't think it's enough to put anyone off, so I suspect it's of a net gain to them.

As it is what If you had a switch on your back that was neatly covered by your shirt / in-curve in lowe rback, but when I pressed it you threw your head forward? Or if I could press lightly on your jaw-bone and you instantly spat unless I actually held your mouth shut? I don't think storywise that's what happens at all. Set & Story Separation. I refuse to see this as a particularly egregious one, or even a bad one.

3) Yeah that's the nature of hype trains, don't worry come February there will be less positive (& complaints & negative reviews as well in time) & yes some people might be let down after so much hype but generally I don't think there are going to be that many people that sit down and go "This is horrible", so honestly whilst it might be good to remind people not to get too excited I don't think there is that much harm done; sooner or latter people will realise that other people are hyped as well so they might be being to upbeat & see flaws & take issue to things... I'll talk about issues when I notice them + a relevant-ish thread to talk about it in. People still do this. Not as much but there are still posts going I don't like X, or Y about Z.

4) Hmm yes I suppose we are in a nice position there. So yes I agree, although I feel compelled to make the general statement (I'm not trying to pick on you here!) that we shouldn't spend to much time whinging to The Lego Group, it really should be a lot less than anything else allowed here (which is about BIONICLE anyway), but it is definitely good to talk about what we do & don't like, and at the end of the day even if BZPower is the biggest BIONICLE fansite, that doesn't mean we are necessarily representative of the majority of the people that buy BIONICLE (or those that motivate those people to!), so sometimes TLG is going to do stuff we don't like even if we've been very vocal about it. I know you weren't saying to complain all the time etc. && your point was a positive one, I just had to put this up for my own sake >_>

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

As it is what If you had a switch on your back that was neatly covered by your shirt / in-curve in lowe rback, but when I pressed it you threw your head forward? Or if I could press lightly on your jaw-bone and you instantly spat unless I actually held your mouth shut?

Thanks for your well thought out response Iblis, nice to see it's not just me without the rose-tinted spectacles on! I'm ecited as well but I guess when you're that bit older and you've been ecited so many times about so many things, you learn that the higher your epectations are the greater the chance of disappointment! :D

The only bit I quoted was what must refer to the Bohrok and the Vahki(?) but I think that's very different to the odd head-flick thing we have here. No Toa would EVER want to take their mask off. If it still has the effect it used to then they'll eventually pass into a coma, or at least have significantly reduced power. The Bohrok feature however was it's primary means of attack. It was a headbutt primarily but could also be used to launch krana at their enemies. I guess by spitting you mean the Vahki disks in which case that was again their weapon. Remember they're mechanical guardians so 'spitting' is not something they'd be capable of.

My point remains, mask flipping is wierd and completely irrelevant. But of couse you're right, noone will care and it certainly won't harm sales. I just hope it doesn't make for too flimsy a head construction. I certainly hope we don't see the brain piece flopping around in there when the figure moves! Not that I still play with my Lego or anything... :)

• Upvote 1

I just hope it doesn't make for too flimsy a head construction. I certainly hope we don't see the brain piece flopping around in there when the figure moves! Not that I still play with my Lego or anything... :)

That was actually one thing I've been trying to work out; could we put a small rubber band around the Mask's 'clip-prongs' and the head to hold it in place so that way it would actually require a bit more force than just gravity + weight of the 'brain' to dislodge/flick the Mask?

In unrelated new I adore J. R. R. Tolkien but C. S. Lewis is more uh ...irrelevant :P

(Random uneducated thought: When excitement&hype (in anything in life) are tempered, is acceptance better than cynicism (the latter can be realistic, but one is still potentially held back by disappointment/frustration/emotion), but optimism is easier than acceptance; so maybe being let down is better after all? [Like actually a version of character building without other connotations!])

Anyhow I uh, rambling warning!

The only bit I quoted was what must refer to the Bohrok and the Vahki(?) but I think that's very different to the odd head-flick thing we have here. No Toa would EVER want to take their mask off. If it still has the effect it used to then they'll eventually pass into a coma, or at least have significantly reduced power. The Bohrok feature however was it's primary means of attack. It was a headbutt primarily but could also be used to launch krana at their enemies. I guess by spitting you mean the Vahki disks in which case that was again their weapon. Remember they're mechanical guardians so 'spitting' is not something they'd be capable of.

I agree that the head flipping is odd, what I meant was that it would have been strange if the Bohrok (It's actually much more subtle for the Vahki, so I'll gloss over that.) as part of them in the story/comics/books, having not looked at the comics in a while, I'm not sure but I suspect we could see that part, but (regardless of whether it moved for their primary attack or not) it wasn't actually a lever that press here and they attack (in-case something like this did actually happen!: comparable to a knee-jerk-reaction)

I believe that the Toa's 'brain' will be comparable; it might appear but it won't move to flick a Mask or SS off, (but it might move if they shacked their head around... I doubt it) but that the action-feature only uses the easiest parts for this not in any way suggesting that the brain has anything to do with a Toa shaking their head/pulling a SS off; personally I can only really see the flicking action as part of either a SS jumping off & fleeing for some reason(?!)

In conclusion regardless of any age disparity I'm hardly more mature than anyone here, & will obsess over anything whilst await my friends to finish reviewing my maths >_>"

*snip*

It seems like the idea that people can have different opinions even after seeing the same images and videos escapes you. No need to insult the people whose opinions have changed and accuse them of getting swept up in the hype just because your own opinions haven't changed one bit.
  • Upvote 5

I really like the new Onua!  His mask looks a bit squished, but it definitely still reminds me of the Onua I remember.  

Great review of the gear features.  Based on the Kopaka review, I was wondering how the friction shoulder mechanism would work for Onua, who wields that big ol' hammer.  The ball socket solution is pretty darn clever.  Good job Lego!

Also, glad to see that we're getting those Hero Factory shoulder armor pieces in silver now (which you can see right near his crotch).

I was a little iffy about buying this set, but after this review I'm definitely getting him.

• Upvote 1

The only thing that bothers me is there's no place to put the lower half of the handle to his hammer. I suppose it could be easily fixed with a technic connector, but it's a shame they didn't include one in the set.

Thank Mata-Nui though, Onua actually has one free plus-rod hole opposite the storage space of his handle! in the socket that makes his arms sturdier. i'm p sure it wouldn't get in the way if you stuck the spare pin there. ^o^

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

My point remains, mask flipping is wierd and completely irrelevant. But of couse you're right, noone will care and it certainly won't harm sales. I just hope it doesn't make for too flimsy a head construction. I certainly hope we don't see the brain piece flopping around in there when the figure moves! Not that I still play with my Lego or anything... :)

The "mask flipping" isn't so the Toa can take their own mask off, but so their opponent can knock it off. That's also why masks from 2001-2002 had such a loose connection, and in fact the reason why Bionicle ever had gear functions. The entire first year of Bionicle sets was built around a game of knocking masks from faces. They've simply brought that back in a much more intuitive form (hit the back of the head with your weapon and the mask flies from their face).

Also, you seem to be caught up in the idea that the sets accurately reflect the story 100%, as though the original Toa in-story could have their arms controlled by grabbing their back, or the Visorak had a ripcord shoved up their butts.

• Upvote 3

It seems like the idea that people can have different opinions even after seeing the same images and videos escapes you. No need to insult the people whose opinions have changed and accuse them of getting swept up in the hype just because your own opinions haven't changed one bit.

Who did I insult?! Iblis doesn't think I'm insulting anyone, we're discussing things because this is a discussion... At no point did I say it was wrong for people to like Onua or that noone was allowed any opinion contrary to my own. Just that I think people are getting somewhat overhyped by the new media we're seeing lately (like the unboings and reviews)

If you ask me,  the first insulting thing to come out of this thread is the tone of your address to me...

• Upvote 1

The "mask flipping" isn't so the Toa can take their own mask off, but so their opponent can knock it off. That's also why masks from 2001-2002 had such a loose connection, and in fact the reason why Bionicle ever had gear functions. The entire first year of Bionicle sets was built around a game of knocking masks from faces. They've simply brought that back in a much more intuitive form (hit the back of the head with your weapon and the mask flies from their face).

Also, you seem to be caught up in the idea that the sets accurately reflect the story 100%, as though the original Toa in-story could have their arms controlled by grabbing their back, or the Visorak had a ripcord shoved up their butts.

Don't forget that the Bohrok could be drastically weakened by removing a rubber band, and the Midak Skyblaster could only fire four shots before the Toa would have to go and collect the ammo.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Well it would eplain why the Visorak were always so hostile I guess! But I see your point, no I don't epect the 'real' story Toa to have bright yellow knobs on and such. Also it did dawn on me while reading Iblis' last post that it DOESmake sense as a feature for knocking off attacking skull spiders. It also makes sense it the way that you say, I used to (and still occasionally do!) enjoy knocking masks off the original 2001 line. The Rahi 'games' were the best. If that's what they're aiming for then it actually makes a lot of sense, seems a little odd to have to hit them from behind thoung. And in a downward direction too... Who knows how it will work, guess we have to have one in our hands to find out!

• Upvote 1

Well, I mean, the weapons we've seen so far have been things like hammers and swords and axes, which you usually do swing down, and gravity helps put more strength in a downward swing, so it makes sense for the function to work with that. (Plus I can't think of any other intuitive way to incorporate a mask-knocking-off function into the head; the problem with the 2001 masks was that the mask knocking off game meant the masks didn't connect to the heads very strongly, and this system seems to fix that.)

• Upvote 2

Is the usual system an improvement on the old method then? Obviously it's been mentioned that Onua's is a bit loose but did the other reviews say differently? I skipped through much of the vids! I'm still skeptical but somewhat hopeful if the point of the function is to reintroduce a new play feature.

Doesn't the Lord of Skull Spiders have a sort of grabbing motion? So it could actually knock a head from behind relatively easily if it could get high enough?

(Although even if all the Masks ended up being loose I'm fairly certain that a well placed rubber band could be both inconspicuous & actually hold it on, but I've obviously yet to test that...)

I'm sure those two prongs are gonna come in handy for MOCs (avoiding having things obstructing the front of the Mask)

It sort of worries me that he er struggled to find a place to put a Technic axle :/

(Although I suppose that it could have just been that bit to long for any of the spots that were on a angle / covered within 3 spaces etc.)

I've still yet to make a MOC out of any of the CCB System, & well Technic connections are typically very important to me so yeah...

Edit: Oh yeah & I don't think anyone was meaning to attack anyone else etc or get that impression at all, people defensive &/or passionate about some rather interesting points actually IMO.

Edited by Iblis

Is the usual system an improvement on the old method then? Obviously it's been mentioned that Onua's is a bit loose but did the other reviews say differently? I skipped through much of the vids! I'm still skeptical but somewhat hopeful if the point of the function is to reintroduce a new play feature.

So far only the Pakari has been said to be loose. I think it even says in either this review or another one that the Skull Spider's connection is stronger than the Pakari's. I guess when they were tightening the mask connections they didn't tighten this one enough?

• Upvote 2

Well it would eplain why the Visorak were always so hostile I guess! But I see your point, no I don't epect the 'real' story Toa to have bright yellow knobs on and such. Also it did dawn on me while reading Iblis' last post that it DOESmake sense as a feature for knocking off attacking skull spiders. It also makes sense it the way that you say, I used to (and still occasionally do!) enjoy knocking masks off the original 2001 line. The Rahi 'games' were the best. If that's what they're aiming for then it actually makes a lot of sense, seems a little odd to have to hit them from behind thoung. And in a downward direction too... Who knows how it will work, guess we have to have one in our hands to find out!

I think the Skull Spiders are supposed to attack from behind the Toa, and knock their masks off so they can get on and control the Toa. (Watch your back, Toa... :P )

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.