Mask of Ultimate Power

Well, there were protocages for that in Gen1 [Edit: Partially Kapura'd]. Although the Skull Spiders look like the equivalent of Krana that are more mobile; they might attach to (for example) villagers' faces (or Lewa?? :lol:) and then need removed to make those people free again, but the spider itself probably needs captured.

That's only a theory at this point, though.

Edited by bonesiii
  • Upvote 2

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I suppose there is a reason that Vahki used stun staffs instead of handcuffs, however. It has more of an "out there" feel, where as handcuffs are somewhat campy. 

They would have to change Metru Nui's culture significantly in order to make handcuffs acceptable IMO. Also you would have to reduce the power of the characters significantly for them to be effective. Handcuffs would do nothing against the Makuta or Toa. You want your police force to actually be a threat, unless it's a comedy series. Which Bionicle isn't. 

Remember how the Hero Cuffs drain the energy of the villain wearing them? Maybe Bionicle handcuffs would drain a Toa's powers or something. :P

But then you're basically just copying off of Hero Factory...

I was joking. But Lego DOES need to make more use out of the handcuffs mould, don't they? ;)

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I'm not trying to say, "Oh, just give 'em all handcuffs! Yay!" All I mean is that I think it would be a good move to have the method of defeating villains be CAPTURING them, not freeing them from en evil overlord's control or blowing them up.

;) Well... the Bahrag twins were imprisoned, so that's capturing of a sort. Admittedly Cahdok and Gahdok weren't what I would call evil, but they were antagonists (for a time).

But personally it never has bothered me that much of the time 'villains' were released from control et cetera, I can understand how this wears on ...but I thought essentially all antagonists were handled reasonably well in this regard from '06 onward.

Yeah, that works for me. More of this, people!

• Upvote 1

Um... they have something to capture and imprison villains; the Toa Seal. It can hold a Makuta, so I'm pretty sure it's pretty much indestructible from the inside.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

No, just every threat that doesn't require some other method to render it harmless. Police don't imprison every criminal, and often Toa would just need to drive off a threat or use a weakness of the opponent.

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...