Looking for a US proxy buyer

Munty

Hi all, hope this post is allowed based on current site rules (I couldn't see any reason it wouldn't be) 

Long story short, I'm not REALLY looking for a proxy buyer per se... I'm happy doing the buying myself. What I'm really looking for is a trusted trader who would be happy for me to use their delivery address for US only orders and then every so often ship anything I buy onto me here. It's highly unlikely I'll ever buy in a large amount from the states as the cost of shipping generally means even bargains aren't bargains anymore, however there are the odd occasion when I find things I really want that just happen to be in the US with no means of transport to me here in the uk!

Right now I'm looking at a Bricklink seller who won't ship to the uk and deleted my message without even reading it the scumbag... I offered to place a $40 shop when the only items I really want cost about 10 bucks so was already going out of my way to make it worth their while but whatever... In this first instance, a proy buyer would be willing and able to place my order for me and have it delivered to their address. Once it arrives simply change the address to my UK residence and send it back off to me! Simple right? I'll pay all costs as they crop up, so for eample I would transfer funds via paypal once the bricklink invoice had been produced so my buyer would never be out of pocket. I'd also include a small incentive payment to cover the my buyer's time and effort but don't know what would be a reasonable figure. Perhaps 10% of total purchase value, maybe total transaction value but not sure if that would be too much for me to lose as intl shipping can be a killer...

As things stand I'm ready to place a small bricklink order now if anyone is interested in helping me out and I also have a large ebay item which will be shipping to me soon. I think the seller can ship that to me personally but you never know and I doubt this will be the only time I need help like this! So please if anyone is interested in making some eay money (even if it won't be a huge amount) and helping out a fellow collector please PM me. Bear in mind you must be at least relatively well known on the site for consideration and a good sales record and reputation would be great as well. 

Thanks for looking, any questions ask, any offers, PM and any problems from mods please pm me about it so I know where I stand (even if you do have to lock this thread)  Cheers! T

[it's worth noting that I already offer a UK proxy buying service myself so if anyone is in a similar situation as myself but lives somewhere else in the world I'm happy to receive UK only orders here and dispatch them worldwide!]

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

So do you mean you have family still in the US whose address you could use? As well as you being able to do the same from Italy? Are there many European sellers who don't ship to the UK as that's where I am... If there's someone in the states who could help though I'd be interested to hear about it! 

I could probably do better.  My daughter is traveling from Los Angeles to Lincoln after Christmas.

If I can print UK postage she could hand carry it across the Atlantic and drop it into a box there.

If you don't mind waiting til January.

Edited by Flintsmith

Now that's a double bonus Mr. Flintsmith as I'd been hoping to speak with you for a while as it is! If you wouldn't mind dropping me a PM at some point (as I'm not allowed to message you it seems!) I'd love to bend your ear on a few things if I could. Also, I don't think I'd have a huge problem waiting till January given what the parts are, I'm not sure it would be worth your daughters trouble while it's just one small order though so perhaps I'll check a few shops again and see if there's anything else out stateside that I want!

Edited by Munty