Skull Spiders and Visorak

What do you guys think about the Skull Spiders being this generation's version of the Visorak? What I mean is the way Visorak mutated their victims like the Toa Metru with Hordika venom. Do you guys think they'll go this same route for this storyline by having the Skull Spiders, with the way they attach to different characters' heads after knocking off their masks, mutate people into different versions? Maybe this might lead to the second year, where we see a new wave of the Masters in different forms.

• Upvote 1

I sort of agree with Pohatu: Master of Stone in the sense that i think they will continue to be comparable to the Infected Kanohi, Krana, Kraata, & Visorak, but I'm more of the lines of Arc that they will want to do things in its own way, comparisons can be made but they might become more tedious, or rather; less direct, but fundamentally I don't think they'll copy paste entire 'chapters' more than once.

More to the point-question that I think Toa Alvarno was making; I don't think we'll see the Toa 'negatively' transformed any before say wave 2 of the 2016 — simply because they would probably want to (re)introduce the series giving the Toa a bit of depth; it was fine for 2005 (wave 1) to do it only a year after introducing the Toa Metru (I won't count them as Turaga, as that's in-the-future in-universe), as they had already introduced the series as a whole, for G2 however they don't want to rely on G1, thus I think they need a while for story development before they can "darken" (poor word, can't think of better at 1am~) their (presumably) primary protagonists.

& even that feels too soon.

I doubt they will have it happen in 2017 as that is currently the last year scheduled for G2 — that is not too say there won't be more, just that they haven't got too many (deep) plans running beyond then! — As such I don't think we will see anything quite like the Rahaga & Hordika until 2018 — although if they start looking at alternative ways for the story to go (or if they already have them planned), I could see that happening.

Of course all of these predictions could be completely wrong & the reasoning going in a completely different direction, but this is my gut feeling.

Also I'm not sure how well the Toa Hordika sold? I know I loved them (a lot more than the Bohrok-Kal or Toa Metru or 2004 Matoran! or most sets for a while after [although  "growing up" come into play here!]) But from reading around here they don't seem to popular — now or then.

If I'm right about this then I think we might get less face-Mask-fusions or possibly less asymmetric design in the actual body... but eh IDK!

EDIT: Having now seen the Review of LoSS, I now see mutated Protectors as fairly likely.

Edited by Iblis
  • Upvote 1

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

No. I just think they're like Krana that move on their own and without the Hive mind (You forget, Krana could brainwash people too)

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Mutagenic venom is not the main defining feature of Visorak -- it's just "spider baddies." In that sense, sure, they're probably an intentional allusion, but I doubt they're mutagenic.

• Upvote 3

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

If we're calling back to any villain from Gen1, it's the Bohrok Swarms minus the robot-bug, former-matoran exo-suits. Ability to clamp onto opponents' heads to mind control them? Check. Larger boss monster(s)? Check. Insectoid motif? Check. Various colors? Check.

• Upvote 1

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

(You forget, Krana could brainwash people too)

Redundancy doesn't necessarily mean anyone forgot anything.

If we're calling back to any villain from Gen1, it's the Bohrok Swarms minus the robot-bug, former-matoran exo-suits. Ability to clamp onto opponents' heads to mind control them? Check. Larger boss monster(s)? Check. Insectoid motif? Check. Various colors? Check.

Oh right, your on the line of thinking that because there are 3 very similar things which share motifs that it is silly to mention any other than the first. Got you.

Inevitable: "Still doesn't mean they aren't reminiscent of other things, just that those probably weren't the 'target'."

All sounds like semantics to me. :)

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

OK, perhaps a better phrase would be "calling back to any one villain from Gen1". I totally agree that the Dev team could be thinking of other villains from Gen1, but the Krana are the ones that the Skull Spiders resemble the most out of the others.

Honestly, I don't see that being a thing. Lego is usually for original content. One can argue that the Skull Spiders aren't original, but they aren't direct knockoffs of older ideas (they take both the themes of the visorak and bohrok krana). Making them work the same way as the visorak with the same powers would make them feel more like lazy rip-offs. As they are, I think they're a nice combo and I wouldn't like to see them take the same exact roles of the visorak.

• Upvote 3

In addition to what has been stated above, I'd like to mention that they do in fact appear similar to a HF villian. Hellooo, the Brains anyone?

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Hmmmm... dunno about the mutation part. I kind of have doubts, since there is a pic in a comic (from the packaging) that shows the Protector in a cocoon with no side-effects. LEGO really likes spiders, not too big a fan of the reuse...

Well, they have the right amount of legs at least, for once. xD 

EDIT: Wait, it only has six legs. Still closer than the Visorak

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg