Which Heroes For Summer 2012?

If I had my way about it, the summer line would consist of:StormerStringerBulk NexAnd a new heroLikely, however, rather than a new hero, they would just include yet another version of Furno instead.:|-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

If they continue with their pattern of alternating heroes so there's a new version of each every two waves, that would mean Stormer, Nex, Bulk and Stringer, and if they also continue with their tradition of also having a Furno in every line, him too. If they stick with 5 heroes n the summer, then that would be it, if not, hopefully a new hero(Maybe another female one to even it out a bit).~ELM~

andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

I have to agree with Mesonak. Bulk, Stringer and Stormer would make great $13-level sets; and Nex plus a new hero as the $8-level sets would be great. Seeing as we're stuck with Furno though, and done to five heroes now, the likelihood of a new hero is pretty low.

If Stormer, Bulk and Stringer were all included, I doubt they'd all be $13 size. In "Breakout", Breez and Furno are that big, but Surge is $8 size. I think it would be something like that, with (for example) Stormer and Bulk being $13 size and Stringer being $8 size.

bzp_banner.jpg

Most certainly Stormer (Unless the upcoming storyline reveals that he died or retired or something), because he is awesome, and the leader of the Alpha 1 Team. Possibly Nex, because he as been a success in sales, and he quickly became a strong member in the storyline. I also assume that there will be a new hero as well, just because that seems to happen about every other release (on average).

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Same as a lot of people-- I'd want all the heroes who didn't get sets in the winter wave, plus maybe a new hero. I've seen comments on other sites by people who want a whole new Hero team, because they consider our existing heroes to be getting a wee bit tiresome, but personally I'd rather see more of the heroes we know and love.A new version of Furno is likely, unfortunately. It's not that I'm tired of Furno (I know a lot of people are), but I think it would be great if like the Phantoka and Mistika, the heroes from the winter and summer 2012 waves can go together to form a complete team. That's less likely if there are two chronologically-different Furno sets between the two teams.I wonder if, given the more unusual release pattern of the winter sets, there might be a different balance of sets in the summer, though. Since hero and villain sets no longer have separate sizes of sets to themselves, there's more room for adjustment than in previous waves.

A new version of Furno is likely, unfortunately. It's not that I'm tired of Furno (I know a lot of people are), but I think it would be great if like the Phantoka and Mistika, the heroes from the winter and summer 2012 waves can go together to form a complete team. That's less likely if there are two chronologically-different Furno sets between the two teams.

Also, that sort of removes one of LEGO's goals with Hero Factory—that being the attempt to release all of the sets for one story arc in a single wave, to reduce confusion, repetitiveness (set design-wise, not necessarily character-wise), and make it easier for new fans to join in on the story.I think that that ambition with Hero Factory has been very successful so far, and will surely continue to be if they follow their footprints in the same direction as they have been.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

A new version of Furno is likely, unfortunately. It's not that I'm tired of Furno (I know a lot of people are), but I think it would be great if like the Phantoka and Mistika, the heroes from the winter and summer 2012 waves can go together to form a complete team. That's less likely if there are two chronologically-different Furno sets between the two teams.

Also, that sort of removes one of LEGO's goals with Hero Factory—that being the attempt to release all of the sets for one story arc in a single wave, to reduce confusion, repetitiveness (set design-wise, not necessarily character-wise), and make it easier for new fans to join in on the story.I think that that ambition with Hero Factory has been very successful so far, and will surely continue to be if they follow their footprints in the same direction as they have been.
They don't have to be part of the same story arc. Could be that Furno and folks go on a mission for the first wave, and then Stormer and folks have their own mission for the second wave. But as long as no characters are duplicated, they'd still end up all having these new forms at the same time.I get your point, though. And I guess if Furno does get a new form but the summer sets still follow the design pattern of the winter ones (1.0 helmets and elemental printing on the torso shells), then that's just inspiration for MOCists to "update" the other winter heroes! :)

If I had my way about it, the summer line would consist of:StormerStringerBulkNexAnd a new heroLikely, however, rather than a new hero, they would just include yet another version of Furno instead.:|-Mesonak

I agree with this. I mean, come on. A line without Furno?

Stormer, Stringer, Bulk, Rocka, Evo, and a new hero.Kill off all the other heroes, please. I picked the least annoying here.

Pfft! Make the theme less childish? Why would Lego actually make it actually appeal to a larger audience? Edited by Zarohum

Stormer, Stringer, Bulk, Rocka, Evo, and a new hero.Kill off all the other heroes, please. I picked the least annoying here.

I found Rocka very annoying in Savage Planet, I really like his sets though.Remember guys, you don't have to pick what seems most logical here; pick the selection that you personally would like.

bzp_banner.jpg

Stormer, Rocka, Nex, Furno, Bulk, and a new hero.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

Pfft! Make the theme less childish? Why would Lego actually make it actually appeal to a larger audience?
Hold on, do you mean to imply that the primary audience for toys, that being children, wants their toys less childish? The word childish is pretty much defined as the sort of stuff that children tend like and adults tend not to like. I won't deny that kids can enjoy something that's less childish than Hero Factory, but it's less reliable that way, and I'm pretty sure that by making it less childish you'd alienate kids more than you'd attract adults/teenagers.Then again, the theme as it is now appeals pretty well to me, a 20-year-old college student, and has a considerable fanbase on an 18+ AFOL fansite I'm a part of, so the fanbase probably isn't as narrow as you think it is to begin with. Especially for characters like Furno, who is arguably the least childish of any of them since he gets possibly the most character development in the series (even though the small bits of character development we've seen in characters like Bulk go a long way).

Oh yes. Bulk has come a long way. He reads now. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/sarcastic.gif

While it's not a huge amount of character development, it's really heartwarming when you consider that his principal character flaw in 2010 was that he was self-conscious about being less bright than his fellow Heroes. The fact that he has put an effort towards self-improvement even outside the main story arc really counts for a lot in my opinion, since being mostly a side character he could easily have been left as flat a character as he was before.

Actually, I would prefer to have mostly new Heroes this summer. There have been enough waves focusing on the same nine guys, in my opinion; Furno was introduced in Summer 2010, and he already has had as many set forms as Tahu did in ten years (which is why I am especially against him returning). If we had to have a returning character, though, my vote would go to Stormer, without a doubt. If there were more than one, Bulk and Stringer would probably be next on my list. But, again, I really want to see new characters--preferably in new (for HF) colors such as purple or tan."That is not dead which can eternal lie, / And with strange aeons even death may die."

Edited by Great Cthulhu

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

Actually, I would prefer to have mostly new Heroes this summer. There have been enough waves focusing on the same nine guys, in my opinion; Furno was introduced in Summer 2010, and he already has had as many set forms as Tahu did in ten years (which is why I am especially against him returning). If we had to have a returning character, though, my vote would go to Stormer, without a doubt. If there were more than one, Bulk and Stringer would probably be next on my list. But, again, I really want to see new characters--preferably in new (for HF) colors such as purple or tan.

Personally, I wouldn't want tan to be a primary color in Hero Factory by any means. I like the fact that the theme is mostly sticking to vibrant colors rather than duller earth tones.Also, I don't get what the problem is with characters being repeated frequently. Optimus Prime has been released in over 50 toys, in a brand that's not much more than 25 years old.I think Hero Factory benefits greatly from the fact that it has a certain amount of continuity in its cast, without characters disappearing from the main story for long stretches of time. There's potential for new cast members to appear over time, of course, but one of BIONICLE's weaknesses was how many different characters fans had to keep track of. So I think abandoning the characters we've been getting to know so well in favor of six brand-new characters to learn about for the first time would be a major hindrance to maintaining a continuing story, although I'm confident that the writers could pull it off. Whether they could pull it off well is the bigger question, and I'll admit I have far less confidence in Hero Factory's writers than I had in Greg Farshtey for BIONICLE or Ninjago.

Assuming that Summer 2012 is like Winter 2012, pricewise, I'm thinking:Stormer - $12.99Bulk - $12.99Female purple hero - $12.99Nex - $7.99Teal hero - $7.99Female purple hero can be replaced with Stringer and teal hero can be replaced with Breez or Surge if necessary.

Actually, I would prefer to have mostly new Heroes this summer. There have been enough waves focusing on the same nine guys, in my opinion; Furno was introduced in Summer 2010, and he already has had as many set forms as Tahu did in ten years (which is why I am especially against him returning). If we had to have a returning character, though, my vote would go to Stormer, without a doubt. If there were more than one, Bulk and Stringer would probably be next on my list. But, again, I really want to see new characters--preferably in new (for HF) colors such as purple or tan.

Personally, I wouldn't want tan to be a primary color in Hero Factory by any means. I like the fact that the theme is mostly sticking to vibrant colors rather than duller earth tones.
Mata green, purple, and Metru blue would be good, too, though we'll be getting green and purple in the superhero sets.

Even if they didn't have a name/character, everyone on BZPower would love a purple hero, just for the pieces. Personally, I would like to see some of the less common elements, like gravity, kinetics, or plasma.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

Even if they didn't have a name/character, everyone on BZPower would love a purple hero, just for the pieces. Personally, I would like to see some of the less common elements, like gravity, kinetics, or plasma.

I think "elements" like that would be awful. I mean, maybe a gravity gun isn't too absurd, and neither is a plasma weapon, but kinetics? It's a bit obscure compared to the other, simpler Hero elemental themes, and certainly hard to visualize in comparison.If we get another set of Nex, I wonder what his chest pattern will be. Evo's computer-circuit pattern seems to fit his naming motif, but what will Nex have that'll be different?

I would like one of the secondary characters like Breez or Surge to be the 'leader' of a team in 2012. Leaning towards Breez though. My lineup would consist of:

• [*]Breez [*]Stringer[*]Nex (with 5 long cladding, thankyouverymuch!)[*]Surge

And a new female Hero, but not necessarily in a new color. We've seen different villains in the same colors as previous waves, so why not different Heroes in the same or similar colors? Like a new Red or Silver Hero Character. We've seen characters like them in the background in episodes, it is a possibility. If I were to do a team of 6, I'd add Bulk, and really bulk him up a bit more.

I think "elements" like that would be awful. I mean, maybe a gravity gun isn't too absurd, and neither is a plasma weapon, but kinetics? It's a bit obscure compared to the other, simpler Hero elemental themes, and certainly hard to visualize in comparison.
As I think about it, a kinetics gun would be absurd. I guess I was thinking more of what I would want for Bionicle (if it was around) than for Hero Factory. I would love to see some historically/mythologically based sets. It would be even better if they were more unexpected, like a Minotaur hero.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

$8- Bulk$8- Stringer$13- Stormer$13- Nex$13- FurnoNew Female PURPLE Hero PLEASE!New teal titan hero with parts from 2001-2004 Bionicle sets (Matoran bodies? Tamaru? Sanso? Tuuli?)

What good would that do when the teal from 2001 has been discontinued for years? Of course, Matoran bodies are probably discontinued as well.The teal in Thornraxx is either Dark Azure or Medium Azure, two new colors that will be appearing prominently in the "Friends" theme geared towards girls.