LDD/Povray Render Help?

bioniclepluslotr

I'm trying to render my LDD for the Gold Mask competition for the tenth time, and it keeps getting stuck around 33-35%. I've left my computer on overnight with sleep mode off so it's been running for quite some time, but for the past hour I've been home it's at 33%, and usually in the past it doesn't move for the next few hours so I end up turning it off. Is this normal? Like does it actually day multiple days straight of rendering? Because I want to do 2-3 pictures. My resolution is set to 1600x1200. Is that too big of a file? The smaller renders work but they're too small to display in detail.

Do you have a lot of translucent pieces in it? If you do, those take a while to render, especially if you don't check the box that says "Don't bevel transparent parts".

Of course, a good way to speed up rendering times in general is to set it to the lowest render setting, but at that point it's pretty much just rendering exactly what's in LDD but with more realistic shading.

3D rendering takes a while in general, though.

also I'm not sure this belongs in this forum but I can't think of where it would go.

Edited by Lucina

Do you have a lot of translucent pieces in it? If you do, those take a while to render, especially if you don't check the box that says "Don't bevel transparent parts".

Of course, a good way to speed up rendering times in general is to set it to the lowest render setting, but at that point it's pretty much just rendering exactly what's in LDD but with more realistic shading.

also I'm not sure this belongs in this forum but I can't think of where it would go.

It says "things that don't go elsewhere."

The only translucent piece I have are the eyes which are already rendered. The 800x600 works but it's so low res. I'm wondering how people pulled off those really detailed and big sized models cause I feel bad for wasting so much energy and overworking my computer for days on end.

It says "things that don't go elsewhere."

The only translucent piece I have are the eyes which are already rendered. The 800x600 works but it's so low res. I'm wondering how people pulled off those really detailed and big sized models cause I feel bad for wasting so much energy and overworking my computer for days on end.

Well, some computers handle it better than others, I guess. It could just be your computer isn't the best computer for rendering things with.