Jules: The Scarved Sorceress

dviddy

jules00.jpg

jules01.jpg_thumb.jpg

Not much to really say on this one. I saw a MOC on Flickr I didn't much care for that was attempting to replicate lolita fashion, and it reminded me how much fun building Hahli Husky was, what-with the whole anime-ish look. So I was inspired to do a more stylized magical girl MOC. She's supposed to have sort of a darker look, even with the bright colours. The new Gali mask lends itself very well to bangs!

I realized I haven't posted any of my last few MOCs here for some reason, so as soon as I get a chance to, I'm going to do a real photoshoot with the angel guy and the spider guy and post those up too, since all I ever took were teasing "look what I have" images for NYCC.

Also I guess I should mention she's my Flickr contest entry.

• Upvote 9

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

Did you know I was building something that used that necktie cape as a scarf as well when I saw this?

Absolutely love the way you're using the new pieces. The Gali mask makes for perfect hair, though I would like to have maybe seen an eye through those bangs. Space limitations, I know I know, but it feels missing.

(Quick aside, I know the colours simply do not exist but I would LOVE to see what this looks like with blue hair instead of the gold, and no other colours changed)

Love the way the simple arms look on this. And I enjoy that you've used the superior orientation of that hand design. Really adds to the style you are replicating. I don't like the lower legs on larger pictures, but it looks perfect on thumbnails?? I don't know.

All in all, It's a good showing of what the new pieces can do and their compatibility with older systems. Well done.

Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Did you know I was building something that used that necktie cape as a scarf as well when I saw this?

Absolutely love the way you're using the new pieces. The Gali mask makes for perfect hair, though I would like to have maybe seen an eye through those bangs. Space limitations, I know I know, but it feels missing.

(Quick aside, I know the colours simply do not exist but I would LOVE to see what this looks like with blue hair instead of the gold, and no other colours changed)

Love the way the simple arms look on this. And I enjoy that you've used the superior orientation of that hand design. Really adds to the style you are replicating. I don't like the lower legs on larger pictures, but it looks perfect on thumbnails?? I don't know.

All in all, It's a good showing of what the new pieces can do and their compatibility with older systems. Well done.

I had no idea you were doing that, no!

I debated eyes, there is actually room in there for a 2x2 system plate which means I can add dots or 1x1 round tiles with printing for eyes. I tried several things, but they all looked too awkwardly cartoony and threw off the more serious look I was going for.

Blue hair would be awesome. I want to build another sister MOC to this one using the blue mask.

I love the legs. They took longer than everything else on the MOC to build. They have a neat TF:Animated curve to them I really like.

I tried several things, but they all looked too awkwardly cartoony and threw off the more serious look I was going for.

it's tragic to hear that you only had cartoony options for your anime girl.

There's "based on cartoon styles" and "looks over-the-top cartoony". This was the latter. Too RWBY with it's awkward, desperate attempt to be CG anime. I wanted something a little darker, like a character where her status as a good person might be in doubt.

• Upvote 1