New Directive

Tea-rex

Prologue

I awoke.

It was a hard awakening, being pushed out onto the cold hard floor, not knowing much. I pushed my hands up from me and lifted myself up with my legs. I walked forward a step, and then another. I examined my hands, strange hands. They were almost circular, with strange spikes coming out from them. I examined my surroundings. Dark, bleak, un-welcoming and... a strange phrase, but... lonely. I was alone. My brothers were not here. No body was here. Our pods were empty, nothing was there. They were rotting, drooping, as if it had all happened a long time ago.

Then I realised.

I had no directive.

"Prime Directive...

None." I said to myself, my voice robotic and tinny, changing frequency with each new line.

I walked away from the darkness, up a slow slope and into the light.

"New Prime Directive - find life, give new Prime Directive."  

I walked forward.

• 1 month later...

Chapter 1

The light, it was almost blinding. I put my hands to my face to shield it from the burning intensity of it all. When my eyes got adjusted to the light, I realised something.

The heat.

It was blazing hot, and I felt like I was about to collapse. I quickly changed to a form of one of my brothers, much more used to the heat, and the temperature quickly became less intense for me. As I walked forward, I look at my surroundings. I was trudging on black ash underfoot, with broken sticks snapping as I walked. The sky was a bright crimson red, flickering with ember orange now and then. The area was surrounded by tall, black pillars, much like the ash below, occasionally with smaller struts sticking out of them. I tested my weight on them, not pushing very hard, and it fell away from me. I examined it to see that it was hollow, and also turned to ash with further pressure.

I continued to walk through this bleak barren landscape, until I found a being. It was very different to myself, sort and stout, but thin and with odd grasping hands, red and black in colouration, pacing slowly, back and forth, back and forth. It looked well suited to this environment, so I copied its form. It was an odd form, but the grasping hands were much more well refined, with the ability to grasp things in its hand, or alternatively between the appendages at the end of its hands for a finer grasp. Its face was much different to my own, skeletal in shape, unwelcoming, and so disguised it with a mask. The mask however did not copy, and instead my face took over it.

I walked forward to the being, unsteady at first on these new legs, until I found the correct way to walk. As I walked however, I crushed a stick underfoot, which drew its attention. It stopped, and looked at me. I likewise also stopped. Slowly but surely it walked towards me. It got very close to me, and then stopped and gave an expression of surprise. It then continued to walk forward and then tried to remove my face from me. Quickly, to avoid this from happening, I changed back to my Brother's form.

"Prime directiv-"

and then it ran. It was very fast despite seeing it move so slowly before. I quickly paced after it. It took a short while, but I found it again. It was talking with another being, much taller than it or I. It was heavily armoured from the chest down, bulky and large. It had a mask like the other being, but more menacing, with large vein like protrusions sticking out of it, like it was a mutation of what it once was before. It stepped forward, and raised what looked like a sword at me.

"Prime directiv-"

I was interrupted for a second time, only this time being much different. I was suddenly surrounded by flames, spiralling all around me. It was too much! Must eject! Must be free! Quickly, I changed into another one of my brother's forms, completely the opposite to being useful in this surrounding, but for the current time it would be useful. I raise my arms out to the side, freezing the spiralling fire all around me. It hollowed out a small cavern where I was standing, the fire frozen, yet still warm. I change myself back to my original for,. I raise my head and look at my new-found enemy directly in the eyes.

"So, what do you have to say for yourself then, Bohrok?" My enemy says.

Bohrok? Was that what I was? Still, it did not matter. Still looking at my enemy, I said to it:

"Prime directive - secondary directive. New prime directive - fight!"

BjMI8VC.png

Edited by Alijar