Final Toa Mangai

Boidoh

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Greg said we should fight it out, so LET US FIGHT!

https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGO-General/Chat-with-Greg-Farshtey/m-p/11692554/highlight/true#M258343

I suppose we should have a poll or something. I intentionally left out Light and Shadow, because I'm sure there were no other Toa of Light besides Takanuva, who wasn't even a Toa at that time, and I'm sure there were no Toa of Shadow around that time either. If I'm wrong feel free to correct me. Edit: Ice has been removed also.

I personally would want the final Toa Mangai to be a Toa of the Green, because we need more of those...

Edited by Boidoh
  • Upvote 1

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Personally, I agree with Greg. 2 fire Toa to absorb the Kanohi Dragon's fire blasts, 4 Ko-Toa to hurt and disable the Dragon, and the other 5 of varying elements for unforseen circumstances.

EDIT: According to BS01, aside for the unusual numbers, the Mangai contained all the standard elements.

Edited by Regitnui
  • Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Personally, I agree with Greg. 2 fire Toa to absorb the Kanohi Dragon's fire blasts, 4 Ko-Toa to hurt and disable the Dragon, and the other 5 of varying elements for unforseen circumstances.

EDIT: According to BS01, aside for the unusual numbers, the Mangai contained all the standard elements.

Was it Greg that said that? I thought it was just the member bumping what he said because Greg didn't reply.

Where does it say that?

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

There are already 4 Toa of Ice in the team, and I do agree that it would be overkill if there were more, but I do not think anything states that there couldn't be more than 4. I don't think personal opinions should change whatever choices there are on the poll. Besides, I think enough people have sense NOT to vote Ice. :P

Also, to whoever wishes to vote for Earth, know this, a Toa of Earth was confirmed to be in the Toa Mangai not long ago... So confirming ANOTHER one would be a bit too much, don't you think?

Edited by Boidoh

There are already 4 Toa of Ice in the team, and I do agree that it would be overkill if there were more, but I do not think anything states that there couldn't be more than 4. I don't think personal opinions should change whatever choices there are on the poll. Besides, I think enough people have sense NOT to vote Ice. :P

Also, to whoever wishes to vote for Earth, know this, a Toa of Earth was confirmed to be in the Toa Mangai not long ago... So confirming ANOTHER one would be a bit too much, don't you think?

Well considering there are four toa of ice, I don't see why two toa of earth would be that bad. It's not like they're the same character or something.

Personally, I'm not sure. I won't vote yet and in the end might not vote at all. I'm pretty impartial to the last member, but I would like either Fire, Air, Stone, or Earth to get the member since Water and Ice already have more than one member of those elements. Or maybe one of the extended family? I dunno.

• Upvote 1

Sonics would be nice- so far, we've only got one canon De-Toa.

I fully support anyone that choses a secondary element, because we barely have any Toa for them.

Boidoh, I think you meant this one: https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGO-General/Chat-with-Greg-Farshtey/m-p/11692554/highlight/true#M258343

It appears that your link is to two posts above that. 

I voted Plasma. Because 

to absorb the Kanohi Dragon's fire blasts

Plasma Toa would be better than Fire Toa.

No, because Plasma Toa can only absorb Plasma, not fire. 

As for poll, still thinking it over. Part of me wants them just to have standard elements to be consistent, but another part says that having greater elemental representation would be a good idea. Also of note is that the team was assembled to deal with the Kanohi Dragon IIRC, so they would pick elements needed for that task. 

Edited by fishers64

Oh yes. :P I accidentally used the other link because I was using it as a ref on the Nui Stone BS01 page.

okay, fine. if we're still going to play the canonization game until the very end of G1, i'll bite. fire or plasma seem like the best choices. since the rest of the team adheres to the classic six elements, though (a choice i'm not particularly happy with), having the last one be a classic element as well makes a little more sense to me.

also seriously, remove ice from the poll. it's been stated in canon (several times) that there were four Toa of Ice. adding one more now would just be ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

Hmmm... I think I'll vote for ice.

No wait, don't throw stuff at me! I was joking!:P I really want to vote for a secondary element, especially lightning. But it would be more realistic to choose fire... ARGH WHAT DO I DO!?!? Ohhh...

I vote for... Gravity! Because you don't want that dragon flying away, and a Toa of Gravity could cause the dragon to be pulled to the ground, and he could also, if he was experienced, use his powers to force the Kanohi Dragon's mouth shut.

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I think magnetism or iron would be cery useful to sort of try and wrangle the dragon to stop him from flying away. Gravity could work too?

And I honestly don't really see how Earth would be usedul without damaging/burrying the entire city.

EDIT: How i the world do any of you think that plantlife would be useful? Think about it. Just cuz you want a Bo-Toa don't try to powerdrive one into canon for a team that it doesn't make sense for him to be on. Come on.

Edited by Archon~

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

I voted for the Green.

Archon: I pictured it as a way of slowing the creature down, perhaps by wrapping plants through its legs. That way all the other offensive Toa could attack it. (Which we have a lot of already)

Edited by Shadow Destroyer

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

I personally voted magnetism, mainly due to the usefullness that such a toa would have against the dragon/his eventual usefullness in a hub like metru nui.

I would like to play devil's advocate if that's okay: there is not much plantlife at all in Metru Nui. a toa of the green would, very literally, be out of his element there.

If he initially came to fight the kanohi dragon, i can kind of understand that MAYBE...but I can't imagine he would have stayed long afterwards.

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

Why, people? Why in Mata Nui's overbuilt brainpan would a Bo-Toa come on a mission to the fire region of a city to fight a fire-breathing dragon?! There would be few, if any, plants, and any the Bo-Toa creates would be burned by the Dragon or the environment or shattered and broken by his teammates. They were trying to encase the dragon in ice! Can the botanist in this topic please standup and tell me a strong, vine-producing plant that can also survive being frozen? It makes no sense for there to be a Bo-Toa Mangai. Think, people. Please remove that nonsensical option from the list, please.

I know we want a Bo-Toa, but this is not the time nor the place. Get one on the Toa Cordak, and that would make some sense.

Edited by Regitnui
  • Upvote 4

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Yeah, why is the Green winning? Is it because you people pity the Toa of Green because we never actually met one? That's because The Green is a really lame element. And besides, why would a Toa of the Green go to a district of factories and furnaces to fight a giant dragon that breathes fire? Heck, how many plants are even in Metru Nui? Two? That's like if your house caught on fire, and you fought the fire with a post-it note. Not only is your house still on fire, but you wasted a perfectly good post-it note that would have been better used elsewhere. Even a Toa of magnetism would make more sense than the Green.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939
  • Upvote 1

https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGO-General/Chat-with-Greg-Farshtey/m-p/11692554/highlight/true#M258343

I suppose we should have a poll or something. I intentionally left out Light and Shadow, because I'm sure there were no other Toa of Light besides Takanuva, who wasn't even a Toa at that time, and I'm sure there were no Toa of Shadow around that time either. If I'm wrong feel free to correct me. Edit: Ice has been removed also.

I personally would want the final Toa Mangai to be a Toa of the Green, because we need more of those...

Well, I picked fire. Just something I got to think about, when is the end of thiss poll?

Well, I picked fire. Just something I got to think about, when is the end of thiss poll?

Hmm... Probably in a week or so. Or maybe when about 100+ people have voted. Depends...

Yeah, why is the Green winning? Is it because you people pity the Toa of Green because we never actually met one? That's because The Green is a really lame element. Yeah, it's so lame, that the element Air was replaced with Jungle in the 2015 reboot.

And besides, why would a Toa of the Green go to a district of factories and furnaces to fight a giant dragon that breathes fireWhy would a Toa of Ice do that either? Wouldn't their ice completely melt in that area?

Heck, how many plants are even in Metru Nui? Two? Oh my... Why is everyone forgetting an important thing. The Toa can CREATE their element. How many Ice was there in Ta-Metru? None. The Toa of Ice created ice using their elemental powers. So I don't see why a Toa of the Green cannot create more plantlife.

That's like if your house caught on fire, and you fought the fire with a post-it note. Not only is your house still on fire, but you wasted a perfectly good post-it note that would have been better used elsewhere. Even a Toa of magnetism would make more sense than the Green. At this point I feel like people are just hating on the Green just for hating on the Green sake. Or maybe jealous that it is winning.

Comments in Bold

Why, people? Why in Mata Nui's overbuilt brainpan would a Bo-Toa come on a mission to the fire region of a city to fight a fire-breathing dragon?! There would be few, if any, plants, and any the Bo-Toa creates would be burned by the Dragon or the environment or shattered and broken by his teammates. There are several fire resistant plants. Also, wouldn't any ice created by the Toa of Ice be melted and turned into water? They were trying to encase the dragon in ice! Can the botanist in this topic please standup and tell me a strong, vine-producing plant that can also survive being frozen? It makes no sense for there to be a Bo-Toa Mangai. Think, people. Please remove that nonsensical option from the list, please. Isn't this kind of rude? Forcing your opinion so that an option, that is winning, be removed from the poll? Ice, Light and Shadow were removed from the list for good reason. It was impossible that Toa of Light and Shadow existed at that time, and that Greg himself said that Ice made sense to be removed. 

I know we want a Bo-Toa, but this is not the time nor the place. Get one on the Toa Cordak, and that would make some sense.

Comments in bold

An important thing to note. The Toa of the Green can CREATE plantlife. He doesn't just control plants, he can CREATE and absorb them also. The Toa of the Green can entangle the Kanohi Dragon in fire resistant vines, or plants. Plants can be quite sturdy and be used to keep the dragon rooted to the ground while the four Toa of Ice try to encase the dragon in ice.

Also, a Toa of the Green can create any plantlife. You know what he can create? Those explosive fruits. What were they called again? Erm.. Madu fruits I think. They can explode and can be used to stun the dragon.

Please, stop hating on the Green just because you think the element is lame. And also, please, no ridiculous requests to remove an option from the poll, unless canon states otherwise.

Well, maybe Lhikan actully could control the fire on his own, and two flying Toa of Air would have helped more, but yeah, for me it stands between thoose 2.

Look Boidoh, I'm not against the Green because it's a lame element. I'm against the Green because it's pointless to have it on a team fighting a fire-breathing dragon in a Lava Land. The four Ice Toa are there because the Dragon has a weakness to cold. Their Ice would still be cold water which can be easily refrozen. One Bo-Toa is going to have to constantly reinforce whatever of his vines are burnt into ash or shattered and crushed by the ice. And lets be honest, Lightning is just as likely to win this poll if PLantlife is taken off the list.

I do have a tendency to get nasty when people act stupid.

• Upvote 1

And lets be honest, Lightning is just as likely to win this poll if PLantlife is taken off the list.

plantlife won't be taken off the list. it's a perfectly valid option, and people have made good arguments for it. ice was only removed for canonical consistency, not because people thought it was a bad choice.

so seriously. please calm down. there's really no need to be throwing insults over something like this.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, why is the Green winning? Is it because you people pity the Toa of Green because we never actually met one? That's because The Green is a really lame element. And besides, why would a Toa of the Green go to a district of factories and furnaces to fight a giant dragon that breathes fire? Heck, how many plants are even in Metru Nui? Two? That's like if your house caught on fire, and you fought the fire with a post-it note. Not only is your house still on fire, but you wasted a perfectly good post-it note that would have been better used elsewhere. Even a Toa of magnetism would make more sense than the Green.

Look Boidoh, I'm not against the Green because it's a lame element. I'm against the Green because it's pointless to have it on a team fighting a fire-breathing dragon in a Lava Land. The four Ice Toa are there because the Dragon has a weakness to cold. Their Ice would still be cold water which can be easily refrozen. One Bo-Toa is going to have to constantly reinforce whatever of his vines are burnt into ash or shattered and crushed by the ice. And lets be honest, Lightning is just as likely to win this poll if PLantlife is taken off the list.

I know my advice has no authority on or off the Internet, but please try not to be so obnoxious. Your arguments are very logical, but the sheer and blatant disrespect for others communicated by your caustic tone makes it difficult to take you seriously. Perhaps you could both stand to put post-it notes on your computer monitors reminding yourselves to observe common standards of decency and etiquette.

I say this not as someone who supports the Green as a candidate, but rather as a proponent of polite and intelligent discussion. (Even on a BIONICLE forum.)

Edited by Yaldabaoth
  • Upvote 1
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Can the botanist in this topic please standup and tell me a strong, vine-producing plant that can also survive being frozen?

I'm pretty sure you're looking for a bristlecone pine tree. While it's not a vine, it does have branches, wood as hard as rock that resists burning, and can survive at the top of a mountain in the path of an active glacier. 

There is also any number of fire-resistant plants in real life, from tiny bushes to huge oak trees. More importantly, this is Bionicle. There could be a fire and/or ice resistant vine. There's a vine down in Karda Nui that produces light, for crying out loud. It's not out of the realm of possibility, although it's not really as intuitive as I would like. I voted fire.

[i am not a botanist and don't claim to be one. However, I have traveled and seen a wide variety of plants. :shrugs:]

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 2

An important thing to note. The Toa of the Green can CREATE plantlife. He doesn't just control plants, he can CREATE and absorb them also. The Toa of the Green can entangle the Kanohi Dragon in fire resistant vines, or plants. Plants can be quite sturdy and be used to keep the dragon rooted to the ground while the four Toa of Ice try to encase the dragon in ice.

Also, a Toa of the Green can create any plantlife. You know what he can create? Those explosive fruits. What were they called again? Erm.. Madu fruits I think. They can explode and can be used to stun the dragon.

Please, stop hating on the Green just because you think the element is lame. And also, please, no ridiculous requests to remove an option from the poll, unless canon states otherwise.

I thought about the fact that a Toa of the Green could make sturdy plants before posting that, but I assumed that was under circumstances in which a plant can grow. I think the way it works is if a Toa of the Green is in a field, he can use the soil and nutrients and whatnot to create a plant; you can't really do that in Metru Nui. Not to mention the Kanohi Dragon is huge and strong, and could probably break out from any plant prison. It was fighting the Tahtorak, for goodness sakes. That thing is a monster, and plants probably couldn't stop it.

And I'm not "hating" on the Green just because I don't like it very much. Such a Toa would not be useful in a situation like that. Like I said - if anything the Toa would just spread the fire and chaos, since any plant life would simply burn to the ground. I don't think there is any "fireproof" plant in the entire world, or at least I haven't heard of one before. I know some plants burn more easily than others, and that some are "fire-resistant", but I don't think that matters when you're dealing with a dragon.

And I'm not jealous that it's winning. I don't care what wins, in the end. But I do think it'd be better to pick something a little bit logical.

• Upvote 2