Final Toa Mangai

Boidoh

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wait, will the winning entry become official canon?

That's the idea.

Well, this is why I don't like fan involvement in deciding canon material. It will just cause fight because there will be disagreement over people and someone always will end up unsatisfied. Then again, Greg doesn't seem to care that much anymore.

Yeah, but I think he knew that when he started answering questions on the Lego Message Board. But he sort of had to choose the better of two evils: leave some plot threads unresolved and not do any Bionicle work anymore, or do the best he can to make it up to the fans by letting them fill in the gaps. No doubt he knew jerks like me would start up arguments and be put off with some of the results, but honestly I think it's great that he's letting us do this at all. I can't imagine him being any kinder to the fanbase than he already has been.

And I think he does care, very much - but he cares about the fans more, so he's letting us make some storyline decisions for better or for worse.

• Upvote 4

At the risk of causing trouble, shall we call this poll done?

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

At the risk of causing storyline trouble.

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I'll give a little while more. Maybe a day or two.

Edit: It seems that for the past days, only 1 or 2 people have voted per day. I'll consider this closed.

Erm... How do I close the poll, but still leave the results visible?

Edited by Boidoh

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Boidoh, don't forget to run the results by Greg. The fans' opinions count for something, but only he has the power to officially establish canon.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Yeah, I told Greg about it on the LMB. 

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

About time you showed up. But your too late. :P

So the official Greg decision is;...?

I put Plasma, since the only two Toa of Plasma so far, well one had a run in with Zaktan, the other was in the Toa Empire Alt. Universe. Also another Toa with a heat resistance against a fire breather would come in handy, as would his element. Those who don't like the choice of The Green, remember that the Morbuzahk's king root was in the Great Furnace; whose to say that there aren't other plants in the Matoran Universe like that? Also there are Kanohi that would be useful in a combat situation such as the Garai, perhaps someone would be able to ask Greg to canonise the new Toa having such a mask?

Edited by -The Doctor-
  • Upvote 1

Tahu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Lewa; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Onua; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Kopaka; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Pohatu; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). Gali; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Kaukau (x). 

Vakama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Matau; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Whenua; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nuju; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Onewa; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). Nokama; Huna (x) Ruru (x) Komau (x) Mahiki (x) Matatu (x) Rau (x). 
Matoran; Hau (x) Pakari (x) Kakama (x) Miru (x) Akaku (x) Huna (x) 
Rahi; Infected Hau (x) Huna (x) Kakama (x) Komau (x) Pakari (x) Ruru ()

Promotional Kanohi - Vahi (x) Chrome Hau (x) Ruru (x) TNGM (x) Copper Huna (x) Copper Komau ()

An (x) means I have, a () means I dont.

Well, there's Project Mangai over in the MoC section that needs the last Toa defined...

Greatest idea ever.

Teridax got his idea of the Karzahni (since he made that first) from the Toa of the Green that fought the Kanohi Dragon. Brilliant!

Greg hasn't answered yet. With thanksgiving and what-not. Could someone explain to me WHAT that is? I haven't got a clue, seriously. <- I'm not joking.

Greatest idea ever.

Teridax got his idea of the Karzahni (since he made that first) from the Toa of the Green that fought the Kanohi Dragon. Brilliant!

Greg hasn't answered yet. With thanksgiving and what-not. Could someone explain to me WHAT that is? I haven't got a clue, seriously. <- I'm not joking.

But that would inversely discount the idea that a Toa of Plant Life would be helpful against the Kanohi Dragon in the first place; double edged sword.

Besides, it's hard for Teridax to have gotten an idea from something we're just making up on the spot, but yeah.

(also, seriously? Thanksgiving.)

• Upvote 1

Although I would really like for there to have been a Toa of Plantlife (since we haven't gotten one yet), I think its more realistic that they had a Toa of Air (you know...air blows out fire). I wound up choosing Air, but I'm hoping that Plantlife stays in front. 

bZpOwEr

Why do people say Toa of Plant Life rather than Toa of the Green? Was plant life an official name or something?

Also, remember this was a month long battle. Having an element like, say, Gravity. That would have been TOO overpowered. Just intensify gravity on the dragon, then freeze until your elemental reserves cry for their great spirit. A battle like that wouldn't last very long. Same goes with stuff like magnetism.

With the Green, the element could just be helpful in a minor way, rather than be a game changer. That is why the team buffed up with 4 Toa of Ice. 

Why do people say Toa of Plant Life rather than Toa of the Green? Was plant life an official name or something?

It's a bad habit I've developed. I first saw it written as 'Plantlife' on an unofficial source before 'The Green', so it sort of stuck.

bZpOwEr

How about you Dorek? An esteemed viewer of BS01 such as yourself should have good reason,

My opinion might not matter, but Plantlife sounds better than 'the Green' simply because we don't call Ta-Toa Toa of 'the Red' or Nu-Toa Toa of 'the Black'.

We don't even call a Toa of Fire a Ta-Toa. We call it a Toa of Fire.

Atleast the Green has a definition that pertains to plants. covered with grass, trees, or other plants.

"proposals that would smother green fields with development"
synonyms: verdantgrassyleafy, verdurous
"a green island"

Searching "the red" probably would be nothing pertaining to fire.

• Upvote 1

Well, there you have it, folks. I'm adding the relevant information to BS01 now.

Greg also gives his permission to have a poll determine this Toa's mask. At this point, we might as well name the character Toa Hapori and make them the canon embodiment of BZPower, since everything we know about them is through fan canonizations. :P

Edited by Yaldabaoth
  • Upvote 3
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

YES! SUCCESS!

I'll be making that poll for the Kanohi now.

Well, there you have it, folks. I'm adding the relevant information to BS01 now.

Greg also gives his permission to have a poll determine this Toa's mask. At this point, we might as well name the character Toa Hapori and make them the canon embodiment of BZPower, since everything we know about them is through fan canonizations. :P

Now we have a Toa of the Green in the official story, as well as now knowing all the elements of Toa Lhikan's team. Another mystery of Gen 1 Bionicle solved. :)

• Upvote 3

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

It's possible, but it would be... difficult. A poll couldn't handle that, unless we were to vote on an already exising weapon. Like a rhotuka shield or something.

Exising weapon maybe or just "what type of weapon did he had" like a sword, axe or staff and "did he had a shield" with a yes (normal shield), yes (rhotuka shield) or no.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

It's possible, but it would be... difficult. A poll couldn't handle that, unless we were to vote on an already exising weapon. Like a rhotuka shield or something.

We could just leave that to Uncle G. 

Slightly diverting from the conversation at hand, but do you think Greg is up to creating a name for this guy, or have certain etymologists prevented him from doing so? If he does, could he do it for the rest of the unnamed Toa Mangai? I would love that, because these guys really need to have something to be called other than "The 4 Toa of Ice, a Toa of Stone, a Toa of Earth, and a Toa of The Green". 

bZpOwEr

I do hope so, I do want to have some names of these Toa, but sadly that maybe unlikely. Unless a name was suggested to Greg like with Naho.

Well, I could hit the books and devise a name for each of the Toa that would be etymologically satisfactory, as well as cool-sounding. And then suggest them. 

bZpOwEr