Final Toa Mangai

Boidoh

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He doesn't have a list of legal approved names anymore.

I suppose we could use Mata Nui Island location names, but he refused that in the past.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Place-names on Mata Nui that don't already correspond to a character are fair game for the names of Toa Mangai!

Well, let's see...

Motara Desert 

Leva Bay

Papa Nihu Reef

Tiro Canyon

Hura Mafa River 

Fau Swamp

Lake Pala

Lake Kanae

Kumu Islets 

I guess that provides a good list to pick from. Of course, we might have to exclude the names that have multiple words in them. And 'Leva', since people might be mad that it sounds too similar to 'Lewa'. 

EDIT: Kapura'd by Boidoh. But maybe he'll change his mind, like he did about GGG. 

Edited by The Irrational Rock

bZpOwEr

Maybe. Especially since all we know about this Toa is through fan-canonizations.

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Fau, the Bo-Toa, renowned healer of Metru Nui, unfortunately one of the first to die in Teridax-Dume's reign.

Edited by Regitnui

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

New information. The Toa Mangai of the Green lived in Ga-Metru.

• Upvote 1

Heres a Link for this if anyone wants to see it:

https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGO-General/Chat-with-Greg-Farshtey/m-p/11758535/highlight/true#M259812

Anyways, I would've thought that the Toa of the Green would've lived in Le-Metru over Ga-Metru, but I guess Greg is right in that Ga-Metru would've been closer to nature.

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Heres a Link for this if anyone wants to see it:

https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGO-General/Chat-with-Greg-Farshtey/m-p/11758535/highlight/true#M259812

Anyways, I would've thought that the Toa of the Green would've lived in Le-Metru over Ga-Metru, but I guess Greg is right in that Ga-Metru would've been closer to nature.

The only similarity that Le had to Bo is that vascular plants (and some liverworts) respirate. And the color green, I guess. 

Although you could also argue that a Toa of The Green could live in Onu-Metru, since most plants need soil to survive. But whatever, I'm fine with Ga-Metru. 

bZpOwEr

A healer in the schools district, where he can teach his craft to others. Makes sense.

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Funny that people say plants would be useless against fire/in Ta-Metru, when Ta-Metru was nearly destroyed by a plant.

Very good point!

Well, although I'm a little disappointed that more people didn't vote, I think we got a great variety of answers.

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Honestly at firat I was a little disappointed with the result at first, but I actually really like this idea.

After all, you would need a Toa to help heal in some way with a friggin dragon attacking.

If we could establish his name based on Mata Nui landmarks, it would make sense to base it off of a region in GA WAHI since he is "their" hero so do remember that if we come to that point.

A poll for the weapon would be sweet too, but a little difficult to determine arguably since I feel a Bo-Toa would be a pacifist more or less... Maybe a shield?

Finally, I say we see if Greg likes the idea of Teridax getting his plan for Karzahni from this Bo-Toa, who created a plant that temporarily fed off the heat in Metru Nui, helping drive the dragon dormant!

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

If we could establish his name based on Mata Nui landmarks, it would make sense to base it off of a region in GA WAHI since he is "their" hero so do remember that if we come to that point.

A poll for the weapon would be sweet too, but a little difficult to determine arguably since I feel a Bo-Toa would be a pacifist more or less... Maybe a shield?

Finally, I say we see if Greg likes the idea of Teridax getting his plan for Karzahni from this Bo-Toa, who created a plant that temporarily fed off the heat in Metru Nui, helping drive the dragon dormant!

I really like the name Pala. It sounds like a healer to me, and Mata Nui had a lake named Lake Pala. (Although I'm not sure where it was on the island...)

Edited by Shadow Destroyer

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

I was just looking at the map of Mata Nui, and the only landmark that is named in Ga Wahi other that Naho Bay is the Hura Mafa river, and that doesn't really make sense to be a Toa name, having 2 words and all. If anything, I can see the river being named that after 2 Ko-Toa that worked closely together and were close in general, so they named one river, which seems to originate from the cold mountains, after them.

However, it does make sense that the Fau swamp was made after a great Bo-Toa, being a swamp and all.

• Upvote 1

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

• 2 weeks later...

Greg said no to Fau... That's sad. He said he will no longer name characters from Mata Nui location names.