Kanatu - BFTGM

Torran

b_close_up.jpg

Calm. Methodic. Unpredictable. Power hungry. These are a few of the ways they describe me. Some, to gain favour. Others, in a frustrated plea for mercy. I give neither.

Those who have had the… occasion of stumbling across my path quiver in fear. Towering above even the tallest of Toa, I see no reason not to tremble. All the more reason when my cannon is pointed their way. Even without it, my sheer strength is obvious, and my speed cannot be underestimated. I built this body painstakingly, and it performs at the highest level. No one is faster. No one is stronger. No one is invincible.

Except me.

The Toa won’t stand a chance.

Some days, you just have to relax.

Mouth Function

BrickshelfFlickr

(you may notice that some photos have a cape and some do not; the official entry is with the cape. The cape was removed for certain pictures to display the build or comparison appropriately)

This is my entry for the Battle for the Golden Mask Contest. I will update this topic with voting information once the voting process begins!

Build well.

Edited by Torran
  • Upvote 3

The fact the arms are proportionally too short actually works - combined with the height, it gives it this sort of 'T-rex aesthetic' (man, that sounded awful, but you get my point). The height in itself is noteworthy too, since a lot of massive MOCs tend to be quite gappy whereas this looks filled-in and sturdy.

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

Wow! This is one of my favorite entries for sure. I like the colors, and that face is devious - although the weapon is a little underwhelming. I also love the posture, he looks like he's about to lunge at something.

I admit that I'm not the best with custom weapons, so I resorted to the arm cannon, similar to Breakout Dunkan Bulk.

Great design and part use! But when I saw the mouth opening pic, I could only imagine him/her/it yelling, "BLARGH!"

Yes, I can see him doing that now. Although perhaps he'd have a sonic scream or something, you know... more helpful. :P

The fact the arms are proportionally too short actually works - combined with the height, it gives it this sort of 'T-rex aesthetic' (man, that sounded awful, but you get my point). The height in itself is noteworthy too, since a lot of massive MOCs tend to be quite gappy whereas this looks filled-in and sturdy.

I hear what you're saying with the proportions and I'm glad you agree that it works. I like the emphasis it gives to his overall size (he does stand quite well for extended periods of time).

Thanks all for your supportive comments, I tried a number of new things with Kanatu and I'm glad it's gone over well so far.