Chro

"The wild guardian of Bo-Rela. Built by the Great Beings, similar to Umbra, with the task of defending a power node which lay beneath the jungles, unbeknownst to its inhabitants. Toriaze possesses a mysterious kinetic power which imbues his physical attacks with ridiculous force and speed, the activation of which is signified by a glow deep within the core of his body."

15093832503_01387a1ee5.jpg

15714752402_af4f833546_m.jpg  15093827883_aa8c0700cc_m.jpg  15713185965_9403be2d62_m.jpg  15093819683_7048f95b6e_m.jpg

15711300211_1d8a97d35c_n.jpg

imgur gallery (more photos)

flickr gallery (higher quality)

This is Toriaze.

Fun build, I've gotta say. As it progressed, I didn't like the direction the build had taken, but was able to get it back on track and found something that I liked, which is the finished product you see before you.

First time in a long time I've built a figure in lime, and first time I've ever integrated a Lego light brick into a MOC's torso. I personally am satisfied with the result.

Toriaze is, among other things, my entry into the November BZPower flickr contest.

Feedback is appreciated.

• Upvote 15

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

This is really well done. There is so much to like about it. The lime was an interesting color choice but you did excellent job working with it. The color scheme turned out pretty nice. The feet are really well done. I'm impressed you were able to get the foot to bend. The rest of the body is similarly well done. The head is also pretty impressive. I like how much detail you were able to include in it.

signoff2.png

A very solid MOC that is near perfect!  Only real issues I have are with the upper arms and maybe the head.  I'm not too crazy about when people line up those little connectors as armor, but it still works and contributes to his (awesome) color scheme.  The head, at a second look, is really good, I just get a little lost in the large amount of greebles.  An impeccable creation otherwise!   :)

Thanks Nathan!
I didn't intend the upper arms to appear particularly armored, especially in contrast to the torso, and I understand the complaint about that.

I was going for shape rather than detail when designing the head, and I agree that the use of the small, complex-designed pieces goes against the smooth aesthetic of the lime armor elsewhere on the MOC.

but their spirits

• 1 month later...

Looks great! Reminds me of Chappie.

Thanks! Never heard of Chappie, but pretty cool I guess. I see the resemblance (mostly just the "ears" :P ).

I like this creation. It has a lot of detail, but at the same time there isn't too much detail that it is eye boggling.

Sometimes I overgreeble my MOCs and I've been trying to make them smoother recently, especially this one. Thanks Rooster! :) Edited by Chro

but their spirits

I really like this model. And Lehrak is right, it does look like Chappie. Only thing is the feet. I feel like they could use a green piece or two on each of them. :P BTW, How'd you pull off that light inside the torso? Lego Lights?

Edited by joev14

That armour design is amazing! A lot of the time I see MoCs that use CCBS and Technic in a way that it doesn't mix very well... here it is used so sparsely that it actually blends seamlessly with the character. Love the head, torso armour and leg armour in particular. A really fantastic humanoid build and great detail.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

I really like this model. And Lehrak is right, it does look like Chappie. Only thing is the feet. I feel like they could use a green piece or two on each of them. :P BTW, How'd you pull off that light inside the torso? Lego Lights?

Thanks Joev! I wanted to block the colors distinctly and that meant using no green on the feet. I used a standard yellow Lego light brick in the center of the torso.

That armour design is amazing! A lot of the time I see MoCs that use CCBS and Technic in a way that it doesn't mix very well... here it is used so sparsely that it actually blends seamlessly with the character. Love the head, torso armour and leg armour in particular. A really fantastic humanoid build and great detail.

-NotS

Thanks NOTS! I've been trying to improve my CCBS integration and I think this MOC is a big step in that process. :)

but their spirits