Von Nebula Prototype? (No...)

Munty

Not really, made you look though right? This is a really interesting piece I picked up from a guy called Ian from his son Luey's collection. He told me they wanted to build Von Nebula with the pieces they had from their etensive Bionicle collection and this is what they came up with. I think it's a pretty impressive job personally, the shoulder spikes are pure genius! Apologies as always for the poor images. I need to get a new phone and give my tablet a break I think...

IMG_20141117_110734_zpsdc4e346e.jpg

IMG_20141117_110939_zpsdce6f7d3.jpg

There are more pics of this guy and other interesting pieces from Ian and Luey's collection here > http://s1198.photobucket.com/user/Tim_Munt/library/Bionicle?sort=3&page=1

• Upvote 2

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Do you have any idea who I am at all? Because I don't know who you are... I'm a lifelong collector, a buyer, seller, trader and dealer in Bionicle. I'd like to think I contribute a little to the community but it doens't really matter either way does it? I don't have to prove myself to you or anyone else. This is a fan-group for people to share things they love and if you can't appreciate that then you're in the wrong place.

I feel sorry for people like you, you'll get nowhere in life with such a horrible attitude towards others.

Can a mod clean this mess away please? Don't think there's any need for either of these posts to be left here any longer than they have to be...

Edited by Munty
  • Upvote 1

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Do you have any idea who I am at all? Because I don't know who you are... I'm a lifelong collector, a buyer, seller, trader and dealer in Bionicle. I'd like to think I contribute a little to the community but it doens't really matter either way does it? I don't have to prove myself to you or anyone else. This is a fan-group for people to share things they love and if you can't appreciate that then you're in the wrong place.

I feel sorry for people like you, you'll get nowhere in life with such a horrible attitude towards others.

Can a mod clean this mess away please? Don't think there's any need for either of these posts to be left here any longer than they have to be...

Oh, I'm sorry your highness let me bow down in front of you... get off your high horse, I collect and buy as well but you don't see me gloat around on MOC related forums. Plus it's the stuff you didn't even build just got from someone or you want to sell, There is a forum section for your buy/sell  things keep this kind of stuff there.

Also I love how you judge me after a single post, that tells a lot about you too there buddy. I'll let you think on that.

Oh, I'm sorry your highness let me bow down in front of you... get off your high horse, I collect and buy as well but you don't see me gloat around on MOC related forums. Plus it's the stuff you didn't even build just got from someone or you want to sell, There is a forum section for your buy/sell  things keep this kind of stuff there.

Also I love how you judge me after a single post, that tells a lot about you too there buddy. I'll let you think on that.

Please keep discussion related to the topic, and keep personal attacks to yourself.

The build definitely seems interesting and looks like it would have been a prototype. I like it.

bBhcfWO.png

FABULOUS! Kind of looks like a good version Von Nebula from an alternate universe (not sure if those things exist in HF, but whatever). This is a very impressive build, utilizing different parts to capture the same overall design. 

bZpOwEr

You people do realize this is just a color swapped version of Von Nebula right? It's nothing more than that just silver instead of black, there is no special build in it, and definitely not a prototype, since that's something that is a rough version of the final product.

You people do realize this is just a color swapped version of Von Nebula right? It's nothing more than that just silver instead of black, there is no special build in it, and definitely not a prototype, since that's something that is a rough version of the final product.

BRUH....

Chill out, man. We're here to talk about 'Bonkles, not make enemies with one another. 

Even if it's an almost identical design, it's still pretty remarkable that someone was able to find all of those parts and put them together so that it looked similar to the actual thing. It's certainly something I would have a hard time doing. 

Edited by The Irrational Rock

bZpOwEr

How would it be hard? There aren't many that special parts in that set to make it so difficult, please don't make it sound something that's equal to a MOC's building process okay? And excuse me if I don't blindly start praising like 99% of the people, I prefer to voice my honest opinion, if you don't like well deal with it.

C'mon, dud. You could at least be polite when posting criticisms. 

And I would say it would be hard to build because it would require buying some expensive sets (Hydraxon for his head), old sets (Bohrok-Kal for their headpieces), and a bunch of other ones that I wouldn't have enough money to get. Plus, the consistency with the original would be (in my opinion) something hard to maintain. 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

Mate.397, you were warned about not providing constructive feedback. You will be losing Proto now.

Also, previously I missed the part where this wasn't Munty's MOC. From the BBC Forum Rules and Guideline:

Only post your MOCs. You may only post a topic for a MOC somebody else made if they are a friend or family member of yours and they do not have an account of their own. You may not post a MOC for a banned or suspended member: they have been banned from participating in the forum for a reason, and circumventing this will only get you in trouble. As well, no 'look what I found on Brickshelf' topics. Even if you state that it isn't yours, don't post a MOC you found on Brickshelf or elsewhere. If you claim that someone else's MOC is your own and you are caught(and it's not as easy to get away with plagiarism as you may think), you will be punished.

Thread closed.