Bahrag, Toa of Light?

This is a bit off topic...

This is what Greg says:

8. How many Toa of Light are/were there, or is Takanuva the only one?

8) Takanuva is the only one, ever

I found this on the BS01 Av-Matoran page:

Each Av-Matoran has a higher chance of being destined to become a Toa than other types of Matoran, due to the fact they were the first type of Matoran.

Is there a source for this information? If Av-Matoran have  higher chance of transformation into Toa, how could Takanuva be the only in 100,000 years, when there have been hundreds of the other types of Toa? These two facts contradict each other. Maybe Av-Matoran are just more likely to transform, regardless of what they're transforming into?  :shrugs:

Orokai, only a tiny percentage of Av-Matoran were outside the main camp (those hidden in various places, in disguise, by the Order), and at the main camp there were no sources of Toa Energy. Also, being destined does not mean you become a Toa instantly; Toa destinies seem to have timing involved too, and the Canister Builder Matoran in Karzahni said no Toa of Light would come unless (basically) things got very dark.

They do not contradict.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

It would be a cool theory, minus the fact that Toa of Lights are so rare. But the Bahrag were designed by the GBs to guide the Bohrok. But I do like the idea. Also makes me a bit sad that Av-matoran end up as mindless machines

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Only so e Av-Matoran become Bohrok, and even then I imagine its a sort of replenishment for the originals the GB built. Tanma has Toa potential, and therefore will never become a Bohrok.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

There must have been millions and millions of Av-Matoran to make so many Bohrok.

Do we actually have canonical figures for the Av-Matoran population? I seem to recall that Karda-Nui was described as "a universe of its own," so I wouldn't be surprised if it housed millions of Matoran at one point.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

According to the BS01 entry on Av-Matoran:

All Bohrok were once Av-Matoran.

So, yes, as unlikely as it seems, there were at least an amount of Av-Matoran equal to the entire size of the Bohrok Swarms at one point in the MU's history. As for Toa of Light, I always thought that if they were to hypothetically transform, they would transform into Bohrok-Kal, since the Kal are Bohrok exposed to a mysterious substance much like Matoran become Toa when exposed to Toa Stones/EP/lightning/whatever. The Kal are the Bohrok equivalent of Toa, so this seems to make sense (I realize the original Kal were directly created by the Bahrag).

:mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

• Upvote 1

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

That could be cool, bit it looks like an either-or. Though, I wonder if the GBs planned for all the Super Prototype Av-Matoran to become Bohrok or Makuta-killer Toa at some point. You know,with their love for unnecessarily brutal countermeasures and recycling.

• Upvote 2

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

That could be cool, bit it looks like an either-or. Though, I wonder if the GBs planned for all the Super Prototype Av-Matoran to become Bohrok or Makuta-killer Toa at some point. You know,with their love for unnecessarily brutal countermeasures and recycling.

No doubt they did. After all, the Av-Matoran were essentially surplus once Mata Nui was awakened for the first time.

One wonders what the Av-Matoran-to-Bohrok transformation-rate was.

gZsNWyr.png

75%? It would certainly be the majority of Av-matoran, or there would be a lot less Bohrok and a lot more Av-Toa.

75%? It would certainly be the majority of Av-matoran, or there would be a lot less Bohrok and a lot more Av-Toa.

No doubt it would be a majority. I was wondering what the frequency and increment of transformation were. There were enough Av-Matoran extant 100,000 years after their creation that some of them were still turning into Bohrok.

gZsNWyr.png