A Detailed Look at the New Bionicle Pieces

I'm sure you've all been enjoying our reviews of the 2015 Bionicle sets, and we've been doing our best to show case the new pieces. But when it comes to pieces and colors, there are few fans I've met with a deeper knowledge than Aanchir, who is very active on our forums. Lately he's been contributing to The New Elementary, a fan blog that focuses on just those things. He's written two articles on Bionicle lately, one focusing on the new parts and another on the masks and weapons. They're definitely worth a read, so go check them out!

View the full article

• Upvote 4

Thanks so much for the front-page feature! Writing for The New Elementary has been a wonderful experience, even more so now that I've gotten to write so much about the new BIONICLE sets — and thanks to The New Elementary and The LEGO Group, even experience some of them firsthand!

In the next couple weeks the first of my BIONICLE 2015 set reviews should be posted, and you can expect the same acute attention to detail as these two entries (in fact, part of the reason I love writing for The New Elementary is that this sort of attention to detail is built into the site's DNA). I hope that perhaps my BIONICLE posts on the site might encourage other AFOLs to give the theme a chance if they haven't before! If not, perhaps they'll at least gain a newfound appreciation for just what makes the theme so enticing to so many constraction fans!

• Upvote 4

I never knew you could attach the new masks to things other than the new heads. That's really nice.

Yeah, it's something a lot of people don't seem to realize... perhaps because most people's first question is whether they fit on older BIONICLE head pieces like the Toa Metru or Glatorian heads, and the answer to that is generally "no". But outside of classic head pieces, they fit well on all kinds of two-module-wide pieces, and fit especially securely on parts like the classic Y-joint or CCBS fist that have straight edges (since that stops them from flipping up or down).

I'm very glad people reading these posts are already learning new things about these parts!

• Upvote 4

It's very strange seeing the word adrenalin all over the place with respect to the combiners. Apparently it's not an incorrect spelling, but I've just never seen adrenaline spelled without the final e before the new Bionicle sets.

Hm. Actually I think I put this in the wrong topic. Which one the correct one would be escapes me, however.

~B~

Edited by Ballom
  • Upvote 1

It's very strange seeing the word adrenalin all over the place with respect to the combiners. Apparently it's not an incorrect spelling, but I've just never seen adrenaline spelled without the final e before the new Bionicle sets.

Hm. Actually I think I put this in the wrong topic. Which one the correct one would be escapes me, however.

~B~

I'll just assume you're referencing the many times I used the term "Adrenalin mode" in those preview posts. So you're in the clear!

To be honest, I normally expect to see adrenaline spelled with a final e as well. When I reference "adrenalin mode", that's in compliance with Tahu Master of Fire's product description, which is the only official source where I've actually seen "adrenalin mode" written out. If Wiktionary hadn't told me that adrenaline without an e was an accepted spelling, I would probably have corrected it to the spelling I'm more familiar with.

• Upvote 1

Wonderful and informative articles, Aanchir! Felt that I learnt just about every details we need to know about the new sets' pieces. It looks apparent to me that much thought have gone into the design of the 2015 sets, from the reuse/recycle of old pieces with new coloring to the pieces' design details that are inspired by the earlier years of Bionicle. Plain awesome!  :happydance:

I think you also did a wonderful job explaining Bionicle (& everything that make Bionicle sets BIONICLE) in your article, thus providing background info for readers that aren't familiar with this LEGO theme.

Your left brain contains nothing right, while your right brain contains nothing left.